Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction



Justin is still asleep and Brian is due to be picked up at the airport within the hour. Lindsay is almost hysterical and isn’t quite sure what to do, so she wakes Mel.


“Justin, what the fuck! Why are you waking me; I don’t have to go to work?”


“Mel it’s me.” Lindsay isn’t sure if Mel is hearing her voice or Justin’s.”


“I can see it’s you Justin. Shit; how much did you drink last night?”


“Mel it’s me, Lindsay.”


“Really Justin. It’s too early for this shit.”


Lindsay doesn’t stop to think before she starts relaying intimate pieces of their lives that only Mel and she knew. She has seen enough movies with this premise and that’s all she has to refer to. However, she is speaking so fast she isn’t even sure she is being articulate. “Michael wasn’t our first choice to be JR’s father, but he was the only one on the list that we agreed on. We made a pact to stay together until JR was born. We reconciled after the bombing killed Dusty; spending the night in bed with our precious children. Nobody knows these things except you and me. It’s me Mel. Something really strange has happened.”


“LINDSAY. LINDSAY. Get in here.”


“Shhh, or you’ll wake Gus and JR.” Lindsay left the room to go and get Justin.


“Justin, Justin. Wake up.”


Justin wakes, stretches, and yawns. While his mouth is open he tries to yell and a small sound manages to escape. He looks at Lindsay, then back at himself. He shakes his head and once again looks at Lindsay, then at himself. “What the fuck happened? “ Lindsay takes Justin to the mirror in the hall. Justin just stares.


“I don’t know Justin, but somehow we’ve switched bodies. “


“No, that’s just a bad movie plot. That really can’t happen.”


“And yet it has.”


“No..no..no, Lindsay this can’t happen. How do we switch back? I need to collect Brian in fifteen minutes.” Justin sighs. “I need to wake up.”


Lindsay drags Justin towards the bedroom where Mel is hidden under the covers. She is hoping that what she has just heard come out of Justin’s mouth is a terrible joke.


Lindsay pulls the covers back. “Mel, ask me anything.”


“What are you up to Justin?” Mel is addressing Justin’s body. “Did she put you up to this?”


*****


Fifteen minutes later Lindsay is heading to the airport to collect Brian in Justin’s car. All three had decided it was better if they told Brian when they were all together, instead of trying to explain it in public.

Chapter End Notes:


Constructive criticism is appreciated but nice reviews are even better.