Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Baby don't you know I love you so

Can't you feel it when we touch

I will never never let you go

I love you oh so much

~ "Save the last dance for me…"

 

"Brian!" Justin slammed open the loft door as he yelled out Brian's name. His heart was racing and he was panting, partly from exertion, but mostly from his excitement.

He had no patience for the elevator, so he took the stairs. Being young had its advantages, but running up several flights of stairs at breakneck speed was a bit much, even for him.

Justin slammed the door shut behind him and raced into loft. A quick scan told him no one was home.

"Fuck!" He needed to talk to Brian now and in person. A phone call would NOT do in this situation.

He walked into the bedroom and plopped down on the edge of the bed with a disappointed sigh. Great, more time wasted he thought. God knows where Brian was. Well, at least he was with Emmett and Michael. Justin was sure they wouldn't leave him to his own devises, especially not after last night.

He reached over and pulled open the top drawer to the nightstand by Brian's side of the bed and took out the picture of him, Rena and Andy as children that Brian kept there.

Justin smiled as he stared at the photo. A bittersweet tear slipped down his cheek.

The old Polaroid was worn from age, and, Justin was sure, from him constantly taking it out and staring at it. There was something about the photo that made Justin feel connected to both Brian and Andy.

When he was feeling sad or confused about his and Brian's relationship he would talk to the boy in the picture, the one who was first to touch Brian's heart. He knew it was silly. He doubted Andy could hear him, but hey, it couldn't hurt he thought, and it made him feel better.

He sat on the edge of the bed and gently rubbed the pad of his thumb over Brian's face as he had done so many times since first seeing it in New York just a few months ago.

God, he looked so happy. Before, when Justin would look at the picture it would sadden him because he had never seen Brian look that happy. Well, he had never "remembered" seeing Brian ever look that happy. That had all changed with in the last few hours.

The hypnosis session with Rena went better than he could have ever imagined. It was nothing short of a miracle as far as Justin was concerned and it surprised him on so many levels. He recalled every detail of that night with love and joy, and not with the anger and pain he had expected.

The few times he had spoken to Brian about that night there was always so much sorrow and pain that Justin had expected to experience those same feelings should he ever remember. But Brian was fixated on the terrible events of that night, and not the amazing joy that preceded the act that nearly killed Justin.

Justin recalled that night in a totally different light than Brian did, but then again, he was coming from a very different place.

Brian felt that they were being punished some how for daring to be so happy, so much in love. That's how Brian was conditioned to think. In the past, anytime Brian allowed himself to be truly happy, like in the picture with Andy, that happiness was brutally taken away from him. In his mind, he had no right to be happy. Being happy cost too much. And prom night almost cost him the love of his life.

Yet when Justin's memory came crashing back this afternoon, feelings of love and extreme joy flooded him. He recalled that night as being magical and romantic. He could still see Brian in his minds eye looking unfucking believably hot. He remembered the scent of his cologne, Lagerfeld, which was Justin's favorite. He remembered the feel of his suit beneath his hands, and the way the white silk scarf volleyed between them during the dance.

But most of all, he remembered the look of total joy on Brian's face. He was happier than he had ever seen him before.

Justin understood now why he was so intrigued with the old photo of Brian and his siblings. It was because he subconsciously recognized that look on Brian's face in the photo, yet he couldn't remember, up until now, where he saw it before.

It was at Prom night. It was the first, and last time Justin had ever seen Brian so happy. And Justin was robbed of that memory.

There were other memories of that night that Justin was robbed of as well that were important to Brian. Events that Brian had no idea occurred, yet once known, would shine a whole new, and hopefully different light on the circumstances surrounding the brutal attack.

Justin's brow furrowed as his thumb slid over to Andy's image. He spoke softy to boy in the photo, his tone, almost reverent.

"Rena showed me the picture you drew of me tonight. Brian never told me you were such a talented artist." Justin smiled recalling the drawing Rena pulled out after the session and showed to him.

Brian had told him Andy had drawn it and gave it to Rena when they were kids, but actually seeing it made Justin realized just how much fate played a role in his and Brian's relationship, and how truly psychic Andy was.

Brian knew of Justin years before they ever met.

As he stood under the lamppost that night, Justin knew, the moment he saw Brian, that they were destined to be together. What he didn't know at the time was that Brian knew it as well.

Justin sighed. "You knew didn't you?" he asked the boy in the picture. "You knew about the pain we'd go through too, didn't you. You didn't tell him because you knew that if Brian knew the truth, he would have run the moment he saw me." Justin wiped the tears from his face that were flowing again. "I'm glad you didn't tell him. If you did, I would have missed the dance."

He kissed the photo and whispered "thank you", before carefully replacing it back in the drawer.

He lay back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling thinking about the three teens in that photo and how life must have seemed so innocent and carefree to them. A big sigh escaped him. "Tell me Andy, will he ever be that happy again?"

 

PART 2

 

"You're fucking delusional, Honeycutt, as usual." Brian scoffed at the comment Emmett made, than smirked when he saw him emerge from the dressing room. Damn, he had good taste he thought smugly to himself.

Emmett strutted out of the dressing room wearing a skin tight Cesare Paciotti three-hundred dollar tee shirt and a pair of dark blue Christian Dior low riding jeans that he didn't even want to know the price of.

Brian had coordinated the look for him. He had to admit, he LOVED the look. The tee was totally hot, and the jeans were just low enough to reveal a tease of his flat stomach. It was chic yet a bit trashy, although he'd die before he'd admit to Brian that he liked the clothes. Brian was having too good a time dressing up his "Ken" doll.

Michael circled Emmett and whistled low. "Wow, Em, you look totally hot." .

Emmett threw his head back haughtily. "Honey, I always look hot. It's not the clothes that make the man hot, it's the man who makes the clothes look hot."

Brian laughed and pushed himself away from the display table he was leaning against.

"Bullshit. It's the clothes. And the man in the clothes is delusional if he thinks that the salesman is hitting on him. I told you, he was hitting on me," Brian stated, getting back to their previous discussion, or more accurately, their debate.

"Get out! That guy is a total top! You're way to bossy and arrogant for him. Sweetie, he's been checking out my butt for the past half hour."

Brian gave him a patronizing look. "It's amazing how many "tops" roll over once I've got them alone." Brian paused. "Or in public dressing rooms…" He smirked and looked over to the salesman in question who was currently busy with another customer.

"Brian, you wouldn't dare!" Michael said, clearly outraged.

Brian glanced sideways at him. "Wouldn't I? Hasn't w'ittle Mikey learned yet that I'd pretty much dare anything when it comes to getting laid?" He pulled his bottom lip in and winked at Michael.

Michael grimaced. "You really are a slut, you know that?"

Brian laughed. "No, Em is a slut. I'm a stud."

"Hey! I resemble that remark!" Emmett quipped.

All three men laughed.

The salesman looked over at them and blushed, as if he knew he was the center of their conversation.

Both Emmett and Brian vied for his attention.

Michael's cell phone rang.

"The Professor misses Gilligan. He's been away from the Island too long," Brian whispered to Emmett.

"Shut up. You're bad." Emmett laughed. "You're just mad because it's been over three hours since you heard from Justin. It's your own fault you know, since you broke your cell and you can't get a replacement until tomorrow." Emmett gave Brian a knowing look.

"Fuck you, Honeycutt." Brian scowled. Emmett pressed his lips together to stop himself from laughing.

"Bri, its Justin." Michael extended his hand, handing the phone to Brian.

Brian gave Emmett a 'don't fucking say a word' look and took the phone from Michael.

"What?" he snapped.

"Meet me at the Empire Hotel,"

That caught Brian off guard. He briefly looked over at the salesman.

"I have other plans." he said spitefully, knowing full well he was going to meet Justin at the hotel. He just needed a bit of his own back for Justin refusing to come to the loft earlier.

"Well, put whoever it is on hold and meet me at the hotel." Justin was on to Brian's game.

Brian groaned. He could never get anything past the kid.

"Why don't you meet us here at Rafello's. I'm on a mission. Making Emmett look like a decent gay man is no easy task, Sunshine."

Emmett stuck his tongue out at him.

"You're shopping?" Justin asked, relieved to hear Brian in a good mood.

"It was either that or the baths and I didn't think the baths would be as much fun with Laverne and Shirley here tagging along."

Justin laughed and Brian's heart lurched. He loved the sound of Justin's laughter. Andy was right, it was time he stopped being afraid, and allowed himself to love, and be loved, without fear.

Brian turned his back to Michael and Emmett and whispered into the phone.

"Did you get a room, Sunshine?" he asked in a sultry voice.

Justin groaned audibly. Brian smiled into the phone. "Not yet." he said seductively.

"But I can arrange that."

Brian's face broke out in a smile. "You do that, Sunshine. I'll meet you there as soon as I dump the Lemon sisters."

Justin laughed. "Later."

"Later." Brian shut the cell and turned around to find himself face to face with Michael and Emmett. They had their arms folded over their chests and both were giving him a reproachful look.

"What?" he asked, making a face as he spread his arms out.

"Lemon sisters?" Emmett said and tapped his foot. Michael just stood by him and scowled.

Brian made a "phhfting" noise and threw the cell at Michael.

"Call a cab. You guys are going to need a ride home." He pulled out his wallet and handed a fifty to Michael and his credit card to Emmett. "Get everything I picked out for you."

Emmett huffed. "Brian! I am not going to let you buy me all these clothes! It's way too extravagant," he refused adamantly and stomped his foot.

"Consider it your Christmas gift. It's next month anyway. One less gift I have to buy."

"You've never bought me a Christmas gift."

Brian gave him an incredulous look. "What the fuck are you talking about! I get you a gift every fucking year!"

"NO, Cynthia gets me a gift and puts your name on it."

"No wonder you've been dressing like shit then. It takes a gay man to dress another gay men. What the fuck do women know about fashion? Everyone knows all the best designers are gay men."

"I can't accept it Brian. It's way too much."

Brian huffed, exasperated. He went over to Emmett and put his arm around his shoulders. "Em, listen to me. You know I never do anything I don't want to do and, in some way, isn't self serving. It's a fucking business expense write off for me, and for God sakes, for ONCE, I'd like to see you wearing something hot. You are way too good looking to be dressing like a vagabond. James is a hot guy, I want to see you two make it work."

Emmett's face turned red. His throat constricted and he started fanning himself with his hands.

Brian stepped away and looked at him confused. He turned to Michael. "Is he going to cry for fuck sakes?" Emmett was making little choking sounds in the back of his throat.

"Yeah, I think he is." Michael said.

"Well, what the fuck did I do to bring on this disgusting display?" Brian looked around to make sure no one was witnessing this scene. Of course the hot gay salesman was watching them, and by the looks of it, was sympathizing with Emmett. Great, Brian thought.

"You told him you cared about him," Michael said, answering Brian's question.

Brian gave him a doubtful look. "The fuck I did!"

Michael slapped his best friend on the back. "Sorry, Brian, but yeah. You did."

"Fuck me," Brian said and put his face in his hands.

Emmett ran over to him and threw himself at him, hugging him fiercely. Brian grunted at the attack.

The salesman came up beside Michael. "They make a handsome couple," he said, somewhat disappointed.

Michael burst out laughing. Brian was struggling to free himself from Emmett's assault.

"He's NOT my boyfriend!" Brian yelled out to the salesman and pushed Emmett off him.

Emmett stood back and wiped the tears from his face.

"No, he's not my boyfriend. He's my friend." Emmett smiled tearfully.

Brian sighed in defeat. "Ok, can I get the fuck out of here now?"

Michael laughed and handed him the fifty back. "I got it, don't worry. I'll call Ben. We're going out to diner anyway. We'll take Em with us."

Emmett made a gleeful sound and clapped his hands together.

"Great. I'm outta here." Brian said and turned to leave.

"Hey, where you going, anyway?" Michael called out.

Brian turned around and smiled sexily at Michael. "To the Empire hotel. I've got a date with a hot blond."

Michael's brow furrowed. "The Empire hotel? Isn't that where Justin's prom was held?"

Brian's face went blank. Fuck! Why didn't he remember that? What the fuck was his blond up to?

 

PART 3

 

Shane wasn't out of her car five seconds before she felt a body slam up against her from behind.

"Don't move." The man spoke in a very husky voice as he pushed his hardness into her back

She felt hands run up under shirt and cup her breast. She groaned and placed her hands against the car to steady herself.

"Not here, Adam, it's too risky." Shane panted and arched her back as Adam gently bit her neck. This was the first time since Shane was released from the hospital that she got to see Adam again. It had only been two days, but God how she missed him.

After the scene at the hospital, Rena became a liaison between her and Adam. Adam had somehow lured Rena over to his side and enlisted her into being a courier of sorts between the two. They had been exchanging letters for two days now.

The letters were hot, the last one sent her over the edge and she agreed to meet him at "their" hotel tonight. They had parked in the back and planned to go up to their room separately. Adam had already booked a suite for them.

"Mmmmm…" Adam hummed against her neck as he licked the little red mark his teeth made. "You have no idea how much I've missed you, fancy face," he said and turned her around abruptly.

Shane opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by the almost brutal attack on her mouth. Adam's kiss was desperate and Shane found herself thrusting her tongue into his mouth, matching his desire with her own.

She raised her arms and wrapped them around his neck and pulled him in to her.

Adam grinded against her and Shane almost had an orgasm just from the friction and passion between them. She ripped her mouth away from him.

"Adam…stop…please…" she panted, yet her body clung to him, refusing to follow her brain.

Adam leaned his forehead against hers and willed his breathing to slow. "Fuck Shane, you're going to kill me."

Shane laughed. "Not if Brian kills you first."

That cooled Adam's ardor. He pulled away from Shane and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Why the fuck are you letting him run your life!"

Shane straightened up and glared at him. "He's NOT running my life! You don't understand."

"What I understand is that you're afraid of him! Considering you've been pretending to be a boy most of your life, I'd thought you have more balls."

Shane bristled at his comment. "Fuck you, Slatter! I've got plenty of balls when it counts. Brian is FAMILY! The only family I have. It's out of RESPECT I am giving him time to get use to us. You could help you know, all you have to do is try to have a conversation with him without fucking insulting him!"

Adam made a disgusted face. "Please, every fucking word that comes out of his mouth is an insult! You expect me to make nice with him? He's a selfish arrogant prick who has a fucking God complex. You're out of your mind if you think he's going to change his mind about us. He's blind, deaf and dumb when it comes to me. I can't change that, I'm not a fucking miracle worker," Adam snarled, clearly annoyed over the whole situation.

"He will adjust in time, Rena is working on him; he's just stubborn. And I might add so are you. You COULD try to be civil to him, but you won't because of your fucking pride! You choose your pride over us," Shane countered; her eyes tearing up a bit in her anger and frustration.

Adam saw a full-blown argument coming on. Brian was right about one thing, he and Shane together was an explosive combination. There was way too much passion between them that ran boiling hot one minute, then ice cold the next. Their relationship would not be easy by any means, and there would be times when it would be painful for both of them, but he knew in his heart and soul, that the love between them was worth it all. And he knew, Shane believed so as well.

"I don't want to argue over this, Shane. I haven't seen you in days. All I want to do is get you up to our room, and fuck you all night. So can we stop the fucking dramatics and get going already?"

A statement like that would have earned him a good smack from any other woman. But not his Shane. He smiled at her. She was tough as nails, and did not tolerate bullshit. He always spoke plainly and honestly to her, and she to him. It was who they were, and why they were perfect for each other.

"I'm not blowing you," Shane said and smirked at him.

Adam put his hand to his heart and donned a very exaggerated, wounded look. "You are a cruel bitch, you know that?"

Shane laughed. "You get one fucking blow job if you promise to talk to Brian about us tomorrow."

Adam snarled. "Did I mention you're a manipulative bitch as well?"

Shane raised her eyebrow, a quirk she picked up from Brian.

Adam sighed. "Ok, FINE! I'll talk to the prick, now can we go already? I'm getting blue balls standing here."

Shane walked seductively over to him and reached down and cupped his balls. Adam groaned.

She gently massaged them as she leaned in and whispered in his ear. "Be nice when you talk to him Adam, else I'm going to have these balls for breakfast, understand?" she said and licked his ear.

Adam moaned loudly. "Baby, my balls in your mouth? Ahh… now that might be worth it." He kissed her.

Shane snaked her tongue inside his mouth and squeezed a little harder.

Adam make a choking sound and instinctively pulled away.

"Ok! Ok! I give! I'll be nice." He said caving into the pressure. Literally.

Shane moved her mouth back to his ear. "Good boy." She moved her arms from behind his neck. "Now, you were mentioning something about fucking me all night?"

Adam grabbed her hand and let her into the hotel.

They were holding hands, and talking softly to each other when they entered the lobby. Neither saw the man at the front desk. Adam walked right up beside him, his eyes never leaving Shane's and asked the front clerk for his key.

Brian turned his head when he heard that all too familiar voice. His eyes widened in shock when he saw Shane and Adam standing next to him.

Both were giggling and ogling each other like a couple of lovesick kids. He saw red.

The clerk handed Adam the keys.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Slatter?"

Adam groaned and turned to face him.

Shane cursed.

"Nice to see you too, Brian. If you must know, I'm here to fuck Shane. And you're here why?" Adam asked, taunting Brian.

"Jesus Christ, Slatter, have you no fucking scruples? She just got out of the hospital two days ago!"

The man behind the desk looked very uncomfortable.

"Brian, stop it! I wanted to come here. I'm fine. Don't blame Adam."

Brian shot her a death glare. "Don't you DARE defend him to me!" he said between gritted teeth.

"Get over yourself, Kinney, and stop making her life miserable. She WANTS to be with me. Deal."

Brian snorted. "Yeah, I figured that out the other night while waiting in the emergency room to find out if she was going to live or die because of how much she WANTED to be with you!" Brian screamed in Adam's face.

"FUCK YOU, KINNEY! You know shit about us!" Adam screamed back at him.

"STOP IT!" Shane screamed at the both of them.

"Gentlemen, please, this is a respectable hotel, please keep your voices down and stop the profanity or else I'm going to have to call security," the clerk behind the desk said.

Both men snapped their heads around to glare at him.

Shane pulled on both of their arms leading them away from the desk and over to the sitting area of the lobby. She shoved both men backwards so they flopped down next to each other on the couch.

"It's time you BOTH listen to me!" she said with such conviction it took both men by surprised.

She turned to Brian first. "Brian, I love you, you know this. You are Rena's brother, which makes you my brother, my family. I'd do anything for you. But I WON'T let you run my life! I know you think Adam is going to hurt me, and you know what? You may be right. But it's MY decision! You can't control love, and I love him, Brian. I'm not asking you to get along with him, but I am TELLING you to butt out of my personal life. Adam is right, I am a big girl. I've survived more shit than you can ever imagine. Actually, I think you can. So PLEASE, give me the respect of letting me make my own decisions. Good or bad."

Brian held her gaze for a moment, noting the pleading look in her eyes. Respect shone in his eyes. He slowly nodded his head, accepting her decision.

Shane turned to Adam next. "And you…" she said, her tone stern.

"I love you. But I won't let you come between my family and me. You WILL show respect to Brian. You don't have to like him either, but there will be times when you are going to be in the same room with him and I EXPECT you to be cordial. If Brian acts like a prick to you, walk away. I think you can fucking do that for me!" .

Adam huffed and bristled. Shane sent him a scalding look. He let out a defeated sigh and shrugged his shoulder sharply. "OK!" he said reluctantly.

Shane let out a relieved breath. "Good." Now, we can each go about our business."

Brian didn't like Adam's reaction, and his "forced" acceptance to Shane's demand that he be nice to him. "How's your arm doing, Shane? Healing nicely?" He threw a look at Adam.

Adam got his not so subtle meaning and countered. "Her arm is fine, and you would know that if you weren't too busy with your "intervention". How'd that go? Healing nicely?" Adam said, sarcasm dripping with each word.

Shane threw her arms up in frustration.

"I give up. Fuck you both. I'm moving back in with Viv." Shane's voice was all too serious.

Both men got very nervous, but for different reasons.

Brian didn't want to face Rena's wrath if she found out Shane left her because of him.

Adam didn't want to lose the only woman he's ever loved.

Both spoke up at the same time, each stepping on the others words.

Brian: "Oh no you won't, you leave and Rena will have my balls."

Adam: "Oh no you won't! I just found you, I'd rather you just cut off my balls!"

Brian and Adam both looked at each other and started laughing.

Shane shook her head.

"Well that's one thing you both have in common. You're each obsessed with your balls. Men! Geesh…"

Brian got up from the couch and hugged her. "Listen, squirt, I'll make a deal with you. I'll stay out of your personal life, if you promise to come to me if you ever get in trouble or need advice. I don't want you hiding things from me, ok?"

"Ok," Shane said and hugged him back.

Adam stood up and cleared his throat. "Brian."

Brian let go of Shane and turned to face Adam.

"I'm not going anywhere, so I think we should try to be civil to each other. I told you the other night, I'm going to talk to Lindsey and Melody this week and tell them my position. I'll try to negotiate something that will be agreeable to all parties, to avoid them going to another lawyer and having a long drawn out battle over this." Adam attempted to extend an olive branch.

Brian accepted that branch. He nodded his head. "Thanks. All I want is what's best for my son."

Adam smiled and extended his hand. "Can't dislike a man who loves his son so much."

Brian reached his hand out and shook Adam's briefly.

It was a beginning.

Shane moved to stand by Adam's side and hugged him. She kissed him on the cheek and whispered, "Thank you".

She turned back to Brian. "So, Bri, why are YOU here?" She said with an impish smile.

Brian put his tongue in his cheek and winked at her.

"Got a hot date."

Shane laughed. "Better not let Justin find out. Talk about having your balls cut off!"

All three laughed.

"Let me worry about Justin." He turned to Adam. "Take care of her."

"I will."

Brian nodded and said goodnight. He headed back to the front desk.

Adam looked at Shane, grinning. "See, I can be nice."

"Yeah, well don't get use to it. I expect you to be very, very bad tonight." Lust darkened her eyes.

Adam groaned and took her by the wrist. He led her to the elevator and prayed it had an emergency stop button. He didn't think he'd last until they got to their room.

Brian approached the clerk behind the desk. "As I was saying, I'm here to meet a Justin Taylor. Has he arrived yet?"

The night clerk gave Brian a reproachful look. "There isn't going to be any more trouble, is there?"

Brian sighed. "No, there isn't. Not unless you continue to dick me around. Now is Justin Taylor here?"

The clerk gave Brian a haughty look. "He's in the Aladdin Ballroom. It's being renovated right now, so there is no event being held there tonight. He asked for you to meet him in there." The clerk left out the part where Justin bribed him to have use of the room. It was off limits to guests because of the renovations.

Brian's heart clenched. He remembered that room. It was the room where Justin's prom was held. He handed the clerk a twenty and turned to find Justin. He knew the way to ballroom. He'd never forget it.

His mind was racing as he roamed the halls of the hotel. What the fuck was Justin thinking! Was this part of his intervention? Brian groaned inwardly. God he hoped not. He did NOT want to go through this again. The last time they did this it was an utter disaster. All Justin remembered was a bat swinging towards his head. It was torturous for the both of them trying to get him to remember anything else; especially when all Brian wanted to do was forget.

He turned the corner of the hotel's lobby and saw the massive doors to the Aladdin. There was a "NO ENTRY" sign posted in front of it. He straightened his shoulders and reached for the doors. . Placing his hands on the handles, he took a deep breath and swung open the doors. His eyes scanned the room briefly. The walls were half painted, and the tables were removed, but other than that, the room looked pretty much the same as it did that night.

He shut the doors behind him and walked towards the middle. "Justin?"

Music started playing. It started very low, but then grew louder. Brian's heart raced, he recognized the song.

Justin came walking out from behind a partition at the far end of the room.

Brian's breath caught in his throat. He froze. Walking towards him was a vision. A vision he didn't believe he'd ever see again. Justin, wearing the same tux he wore that night, looking as beautiful as he did that night, wearing that same smile…that same brilliant smile as if he, as if he…

Justin reached him and held out his hand, his other hand was behind his back.

Brian took his hand, looking very much like a deer caught in the headlights. It was too surreal, he felt like he was dreaming.

Justin brought his other hand out from behind his back. In it, he held a white silk scarf. He handed it to Brian.

Brian took it with his free hand and automatically draped it around his neck.

The words to the song drifted over them….

'Cause don't forget who's taking you home

And in whose arms you're gonna be

So darling, save the last dance for me

Save the last dance for me

Save the last dance for me.

Brian placed his free hand on Justin's waist.

Justin moved in closer and looked up at Brian. He winked and smiled. "I believe this is the part where we dance," he said, wearing that fucking brilliant smile.

He remembered. He fucking remembered! Brian's heart raced. The look on Justin's face left no doubt in his mind. Justin remembered prom night. Brian's mind was racing. So many thoughts, so many emotions were running through him.

"Don't worry, Bri, I promise you, it won't be our last dance," Justin said, feeling the inner turmoil in his lover.

Brian smiled awkwardly. His senses were coming back slowly.

Justin remembered. He remembered the dance.

Brian's feet started moving to the music.