Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Justin finds himself the center of attention.

 

Later that night....

 

Justin knew he should be trying to sleep, but that particular commodity was proving to be quite elusive at the moment as he lay in bed alone in his apartment.  The night that he had met Brian - the legendary "Stud of Liberty Avenue" - he had never thought he would have ever enjoyed himself as much as he had earlier tonight.  But then again, he would have never thought that just spending an evening talking with him would prove to be so amazing, either; the older man had surprised him with his incredible wealth of knowledge regarding just about any subject, and he had enjoyed every moment of their time together immensely.  And when it came to sex, Brian had definitely lived up to his reputation; that had been incredible. 

 

After they had fucked, it had been so hard for him to just get up and walk away, but he wasn't about to let Brian know just how badly he wanted him.  No, he needed to play by Brian's rules for now and not reveal to him just how much being with him had affected him.   He had actually wanted to stay there and never leave, but he knew Brian would have freaked out at the thought of him staying and coming across as clingy.  He needed to wait and let him make the next move for now. After what he had said as he was leaving, though, hopefully he would call him soon. 

 

As he pondered that possibility, it dawned on him that his cellphone was still in his backpack.  Springing from his bed, he rushed into the rather cramped living room area to retrieve it, noticing that there were two unread messages. 

 

His hand shaking slightly in excited anticipation, he quickly brought up the first text: 

 

I think you need to learn how to eat pasta like normal, civilized people do. Dinner tomorrow?  7? B

 

 Even though Brian couldn't possibly see him, Justin's face broke out into a delighted grin as he hugged the cellphone tightly to his chest and relished the idea of another encounter with the gorgeous man he had just recently met.  Patience apparently was a virtue, he decided...

 

Still grinning, he took a moment to quickly text him back - Sounds good - before he recalled he had another message.  Scrolling through the next message to bring it up, he realized it was from someone else. 

 

Hey, Justin.  I was wondering maybe if you would like to meet 2morrow night?  Gus

 

Justin sighed.  It certainly wasn't the first time that another boy had crushed on him, and he actually liked guys that were persistent; Gus was certainly that, and he WAS very attractive.  If it wasn't for Brian, he would be sorely tempted to pursue the possibility of a hook up with him.  But now that he had been with Brian, he knew that just wasn't possible.  Brian was in a class by himself, and there was some kind of attraction between them that went way beyond a one-time fling; he could feel it.  That didn't mean that he still couldn't be Gus's friend, however, and he didn't want to disappoint him after he had made that promise earlier to get together with him outside of school . 

 

Biting his lip in thought, he finally decided on what sort of text to send: 

 

I'm kind off busy tomorrow night, but how about we go someplace after school?  J

 


 

 

Same Time across Town...

 

Gus was lying in Kayla's bed, unable to fall asleep as his best friend snored lightly beside him, oblivious to his inner turmoil.  It had been two hours since he had sent Justin his message and he hadn't received a response; now all sorts of worrisome thoughts were swirling around in his mind.  Was Justin ignoring him? Or was he just busy? And if he was busy... Busy with what? Or should he say, with whom? A wave of jealousy washed over him... He wanted Justin so much; he just had to find a way to make him feel the same way that he did!

 

Just then he heard his phone vibrating and his heart immediately started to pound.  Scrambling to reach for his phone lying next to him on the mattress, he quickly pressed the button and read the text he had just received.  His face broke out into a relieved and ecstatic smile as he hurriedly texted back: 

 

After school would be great; can't wait! Gus

 

He impetuously gave his cellphone a kiss in jubilation; glad that no one was around to see him acting so giddy, but he couldn't help it.  He knew now that there was NO way he could possibly go to sleep; he was just too damn excited about tomorrow.  Rising from the bed in his pajama bottoms only, he shuffled down the hallway to the stairs and on down to the first-floor landing, intent on finding some bottled water in the refrigerator, when he felt his phone vibrate once more.  His eyes widened in surprise as he looked down to read another message that had just come in from Justin:

 

Remember, just as friends, Gus.  Just as friends.  J

 

Gus's previous feeling of jubilation faded somewhat over those sobering words, but it still didn't deter him.  Justin apparently was going to resist his wish for them to be more than friends, but he was confident that eventually he could wear him down.  He wasn't Brian Kinney's son for nothing!  His confidence firmly back in place now, he retrieved a bottle of water from the nearby fridge just as he heard what sounded like the familiar thud, thud, thud of a basketball being bounced on the driveway outside.   Frowning at the unexpected sound, he quietly opened the door leading from the kitchen out into the side yard to discover Kayla's brother Tristan shooting hoops near the garage under the bright illumination of the full moon overhead. 

 

Smiling, he placed his water bottle down on the pavement and walked closer to the other boy, using his tall stature to effectively intercept Tristan's basketball just in time to prevent it from completing its graceful arc into the net located directly above the garage door.

 

 

"Whoa!" Tristan replied with a surprised smile, secretly impressed with Gus's athletic skills.  "What are you doing up?  I thought you and Kayla went to bed a long time ago."

 

"I couldn't sleep," he advised him.  "What about you?" Gus asked as he deftly dribbled the ball.

 

"I have a big test to study for tonight, but I couldn't stand it anymore!" He told him with a grin as he admired the other boy's dexterity.  "So I decided to take a break for a while.  This helps to relax me." 

 

Gus nodded; he totally understood how important athletics were.  "How about a little one-on-one, then?" He asked, hoping Tristan would take him up on his challenge.  He needed to work off a little nervous energy of his own, too, after Justin's texts.

 

Tristan grinned.  "You're on; first one to get three baskets in wins."

 

The ground rules quickly established, the two began to play, finding their skills closely matched.  After approximately ten minutes, they were tied right down the middle, 2-2. 

 

"This is it, Kinney," Tristan teased the other boy as he dangled the ball in front of him.  "The next one to win a point wins the game. Are you ready for the champ's moves, little man?"

 

Gus rolled his eyes good-naturedly as he growled, "Bring it on, Pal.  And by the way, there's nothing little about me." 

 

Tristan grinned back at him and gave him a challenging wink just before he bounced the ball one more time and immediately sidestepped the other boy to try and skirt around him toward the basketball net. 

 

"Oh, no, you don't!" Gus shouted in protest with a laugh as Tristan briefly held the ball up high to try and keep it out of the other boy's reach.  Gus promptly jumped up as high as he could, his hands locking around the ball along with Tristan's as their two bodies knocked into each other and they promptly fell to the ground; Tristan collapsed on top of Gus and the ball squirted out of their control to roll several feet away into the nearby grass. 

 

Both boys were breathing heavily from their exertion, their bodies pressed tightly together as they stared into each other's faces from inches away.  The ball and everything else around them was promptly forgotten as Tristan felt Gus's package lying hard and heavy against his stomach.  "You're right," he whispered in a husky voice, his arms firmly grasping the other boy's biceps for support.  "There's definitely nothing little about you." 

 

Gus was glad for the relative darkness as he blushed profusely over the other boy's comment just before he heard the window directly overhead sliding open and a familiar, angry voice yelling down, "Will you two stop it already?  You woke me up!  Do you know what time it is?  You want the neighbors to call the cops on us?"

 

The moment broken, both boys murmured an apologetic "sorry" to Kayla as they quickly scrambled to a standing position to face each other; a few seconds later, they thought they heard Kayla mutter in contempt, "Boys!," before she slid the window closed with a rather decidedly loud bang. 

 

Gus averted his eyes in awkwardness as he told the other boy, "Uh, I'd better head in for the night and try to get some sleep." 

 

Still trying to regain his breath, Tristan nodded over at him.  "Yeah...I really need to get back to my test anyway." 

 

Gus nodded, wondering what had just happened before he turned to pick up his water and walk over to the door.  "Well, goodnight, then," he called over to the other boy softly as Tristan nodded once more. 

 

"Good night, Gus," Tristan called out quietly in return, inexplicably disappointed their short-lived game was over as he watched the other boy disappear back into the house. 

 


 

 

Early the Next Morning...

 

In way too short a time, the alarm clock near his head began to insistently beep. Gus groaned; was it morning already?  He had finally drifted off into a restless sort of sleep after his impromptu game with Tristan and receiving the two texts from Justin last night, but the thought of finally getting some private time with Justin propelled him from the bed rather quickly.  Kayla grunted in protest as he gave her a playful push before ambling off toward the bathroom with his things to take a shower. 

 

As the hot, stimulating water slid down his body a few minutes later, he had a few moments to ponder what had happened last night between him and Tristan.  Had the older boy actually shown an interest in him?  For just a second, he allowed himself to wonder.  The entire event had been almost surreal outside.  Tristan was definitely hot - there was no doubt about that - but had he really almost hit on him out there?  He shook some water out of his eyes, deciding he had just been imagining it.  There was no way he could possibly be interested in him - could there?  Deciding he didn't have time to really consider it at the moment anyway, he stepped out of the glass shower stall and quickly dried himself off, reaching to shrug into his long-sleeved tee shirt and jam his long legs into his jeans. 

 

He couldn't help smiling while he pulled on his socks and sneakers when he thought about what would happen after school today.  He desperately hoped the day would go by quickly, but something told him that since he felt that way it would drag by agonizingly slowly just to torture him.  Today, though, he would finally have the chance to be alone with the boy who had been occupying his every waking thought and dream since the first time he had laid eyes on him, and that thought made him both nervous as hell but also highly excited. 

 

Now fully clothed and ready for the day, he spent a few moments carefully grooming his hair just right in front of the bathroom mirror before walking back into the bedroom, observing Kayla still huddled under the covers.  Rolling his eyes and grinning, he walked over and promptly sat down on top of her stomach.

 

Her eyes immediately flew open in stunned surprise, followed by an irritated narrowing of her eyebrows.  "What the hell have you been eating lately?  Get off me, you gorilla!" he groused as Gus laughed.  He was just in too good of a mood to be upset with anything at the moment.

 

"You're finally awake," he told her with a grin.  "I'm going to go dig up some cereal; it's getting late.  Get that ass out of bed!"  He gave her a smack on her butt hidden under the covers before, to her enormous relief, he rose from the bed.  "If you're not ready in fifteen minutes, I'm leaving without you!" he warned as he received a mature, stuck-out tongue in response.

 

"Very ladylike," he quipped as she threw an extra pillow at him before finally pulling the covers back and rubbing her eyes to try and awaken.  Satisfied that she was finally getting out of bed, he turned and quickly headed down the stairs toward the kitchen, noticing Tristan's door firmly closed.  No doubt the other boy was still asleep, he decided, as he pushed last night's incident out of his mind and concentrated on what lay ahead instead.

 


 

 

One Hour Later...Kinnetik

 

Brian sat in his office, wondering if he had finally lost his mind.  Had he actually texted Justin last night to ask him out to dinner on a fucking date?  Shit, what had he been thinking?  He didn't do dates!  But he noticed his initial disdain over the thought and his nervousness slowly quieting down as he began to think about the way it had felt to hold Justin in his arms last night and the way his luscious, full lips had fitted themselves so perfectly against his own, not to mention how his body had molded to his as they had fucked.  Whether he chose to actually call their next encounter a date or not, he had no doubt that it would be just as mind blowing as the first experience with him had been, and he couldn't wait to pick up where they had left off. 

 

His erotic daydreaming was interrupted just then by the buzz of the interoffice intercom sounding. 

 

"Yes?" he asked curtly as he punched the appropriate button, a little irritated that he had been diverted from more pleasant thoughts.

 

"Brian, I have a Justin on the line for you," Cynthia advised him as he heart sped up in reaction.  Did the man have ESP?  "Do you want to take it?" she asked. 

 

Brian smiled despite the fact that no one could see the rather smug look on his face.   "Yeah, put him through, Cynthia." 

 

Cynthia was a little surprised by how quickly her boss was willing to accept a call from someone she didn't even recognize; but she could almost hear the smile on his face through the intercom as she said hesitantly, "Okay."  She was about to pick up the other extension to forward the call when she heard Brian speak again. 

 

"Oh, and Cynthia...?"

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"I want Justin added to my personal "patch-through" list from now on so any calls from him are immediately forwarded." 

 

Her eyebrows rose in surprise as she couldn't help blurting out, "But Gus is the only one on that list...."

 

Brian huffed in aggravation; did he have to explain his every move to her?  "I'm well aware of that, Cynthia, so now there will be two on the list," he told her stiffly. "Now please do as I asked and forward his call into me immediately."

 

Her mouth partly agape in astonishment, she nevertheless did as she was told, wondering why this person was so important to Brian that he was being added to such an exclusive list. 

 

"Right away," she told him; a few seconds later, his extension began to ring.  Brian deliberately waited for it to ring two rings before he picked it up; it simply wouldn't do to come across as too eager. 

 

"Hey," Brian greeted his caller casually as he tilted his chair back to cross his ankles and prop his feet up on the desk. 

 

From his place just outside the school building, Justin responded softly, "Hey, yourself.  I was beginning to think you weren't there.  I was waiting quite a while before I was put through."

 

"I took care of it," Brian found himself reassuring him.  "It won't happen again; what's up?"

 

Justin found that assurance oddly flattering as he told him, "I was just wondering if we could meet later than seven, say about eight-thirty, nine o'clock?"

 

"Why, do you have another date?" Brian asked half-kidding; he tried hard to ignore the feelings of jealousy, however, that threatened to flare to the surface as he waited for Justin to answer.  He found the idea of some other man spending time with him patently unacceptable.

 

"Nothing like that," Justin assured him as Brian let out a silent breath of relief.  "Just meeting up with a friend and I'm worried that I won't have enough time to get ready properly for dinner with you." 

 

"Well, it doesn't take much time at all to come over in your birthday suit," he helpfully suggested, tongue planted firmly in cheek as Justin laughed, relieved that Brian couldn't see the warm flush spreading over his face at the suggestion.

 

"Nice try, but even someone my age needs to devote a little time to looking good." 

 

"I'm sure you're sexy anytime," was the sultry response as Justin turned an even darker shade of red over the tone in Brian's voice.   

 

"Not everyone is like you, Brian," he told him sincerely.  "I can't just bounce out of bed like I'm sure you can.  I actually need time to look the way I do."  The sound of the first period warning bell going off inside made him jolt in realization. "Uh, listen, I have to go.  Can I call or text you later about the time?"

 

Berating himself over his heart pounding like he was a teenager himself, Brian replied as calmly as he could, "Yeah...Okay, later," before disconnecting the call. 

 


 

 

Later that Afternoon...

 

Gus rushed out of school in anxious anticipation, knowing Justin would be waiting for him outside. He had been delayed by Kayla whining about her biology test not going well, and it had been all he could do not to rush off without making her feel like he was being rude.  At the moment, though, he didn't care; he had much more important matters to take care of.  His heart began to hammer in his chest as he hurried toward the parking lot, observing Justin sitting on his bike smoking a cigarette and looking extremely sexy in his jeans and his black leather jacket.  He rushed up to him, not aware that he was grinning like a fool at the older boy.   

 

"Hey!" he called out to him breathlessly as he reached his side.  "Have you been waiting a long time?" Gus asked him.  "I got stuck inside with Kayla for a few minutes," he explained. 

 

Justin shook his head with a smile, his blond hair shining under the sun's strong rays.  "Not really," he told him.  "Ready to go?"  He laughed just then; a musical sort of laugh that Gus found absolutely mesmerizing as he couldn't help briefly ogling the full lips that he longed to kiss.  "Oh, that reminds me!  Where exactly are we going?"  He had been focusing so much on his date later with Brian that he hadn't even thought to ask this boy what he had in mind for them. 

 

Gus smiled over at him mysteriously, the gesture lighting up his handsome face.  "It's a surprise," he told him with a grin.  "And I'm driving."  He reached over to grab Justin's wrist. "Come on!" he encouraged him as he began to pull him toward his car.  "Let's go!"   To Gus, the day had just begun.