Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian prepares for Justin's visit to the loft; Gus continues to bond with the new kid in school. 

 

 Later that Afternoon

 

Gus stood outside by his car, waiting for Kayla to join him as he watched his dad drive away.  They had stayed in the cafeteria well beyond his scheduled lunchtime, his father having charmed the principal into not only letting them linger much longer than he normally would have been allowed to, but also somehow managing to have his detention suspended so he didn't have to attend after all.   As a result, the last bell was about to sound for the day and he would soon be free to leave.

 

Hearing the signal sound a couple of minutes later, he tapped his foot idly as students began to filter out through the double doors while he waited for his friend to appear.   His eyes widened and his heart began to beat faster, however, as he noticed Justin emerging from the school and walking toward him, his shaggy blond hair gleaming brightly in the sun's rays.  He watched slightly open-mouthed as Justin stopped momentarily to place his backpack down on the pavement several feet away so he could shrug into his black leather motorcycle jacket. 

 

The sight of the other boy approaching, clad in his tight jeans and black leather, was almost enough to make Gus's mouth drool, but he managed to keep any outright saliva escaping as Justin picked up his backpack and continued to walk toward him.  Finding a little more courage after having spoken to his father about his fascination for the other boy, Gus impetuously decided to do something he would have never had the courage to do before as he walked over to Justin's bike next to his Jeep and tentatively sat down on the black leather seat to wait for him.  His fingernails dug into the tender flesh of his palms as he curled his hands into fists and tried hard not to let his nervousness show.

 

Threading his way through the cars in the lot, Justin didn't notice Gus until he was a few feet away; he smiled in surprise as he walked around a nearby compact car and observed Gus perched on his bike. 

 

"Hey," Justin greeted him with an amused expression on his face.  He arched one eyebrow at Gus in question as he teased, "Are you trying to hint that you need a ride home?  What about your car?"

 

His breath coming out in soft pants, Gus steeled his courage as he shrugged, taking advantage of both his father's faith in him as well as having watched 'the master' in action before.  "It'll still be here," he stated casually, trying to sound nonchalant as he looked into Justin's face.  God, he is so beautiful, he couldn't help thinking as Justin peered over at him.  "So if you're offering to take me on a ride, I wouldn't say no to it," he found himself saying with a wink, wondering what in the world possessed him to be so brazen.

 

Justin chuckled as he smiled over at him.  "Well, well, well; aren't we feeling a little naughty this afternoon..."

 

Gus beamed as he blushed slightly; the smile he had just received from Justin was priceless! "Listen," he told him before he lost his courage, "I have to help my friend Kayla with some math tonight, but maybe we could do something later..?"

 

"Um, sorry; I have plans tonight, actually," Justin replied apologetically as Gus nodded, silently crestfallen.

 

He jumped off the bike, trying hard not to let his disappointment show as he told Justin, "Ok.  Well, I'll see you around, then."  He turned to walk away as Justin quickly grabbed his wrist to stop him, making his pulse quicken in reaction.  He could feel the heat of Justin's fingers around his skin as he turned around to face him. 

 

"Maybe we could meet some other night?" Justin suggested, feeling bad when he noticed the hurt look on Gus's face.

 

Gus's face instantly lit up with elation.  "You bet!" he replied with a nod, beaming back eagerly at him in delight.

 

Justin giggled a little at the boy's reaction.  He was adorable, but he had to make sure Gus understood something before things got out of hand; he could see the look of near adulation on his face.   "But just as friends, okay?"

 

"Sure, sure," Gus replied, still looking like a boy on Christmas morning.

 

Justin shook his head in amusement as he put his helmet on and hopped onto his bike.  "Catch you later," he told the other boy as he kick-started the motorcycle and it roared to life.  He revved the motor a couple of times before he nodded with a smile at Gus and carefully backed out of the parking spot to ride away. 

 

As Justin turned onto the main road a few seconds later, Gus couldn't help jumping up into the air and shouting out, "Yes!" and "Woohoo!" as he proclaimed with glee, "You are mine, Blondie!"

 

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Kayla scowled from nearby, appearing from behind him and looking outright miserable.

 

The look of joy on Gus's face promptly disappeared as he noticed his friend's face.  "What's the matter with YOU?" he asked.

 

Kayla crossed her arms over her chest, clearly pissed. "I was just cornered by your stupid jock friend!" she advised him as she walked over to his Jeep, "and you didn't even notice! You should have saved me.  And how did you wind up out here before me anyway?  I thought you had detention.  You should have seen him..."

 

Kayla just kept rambling on and on about how obnoxious Owen was as they both climbed into the Jeep, but Gus didn't care; his mind was preoccupied with something - or should he say, someone else - at the moment.  Right then, he was the happiest guy on the planet.

 

"Are you even listening to me, Gus?" his friend complained at one point as they drove to her house, causing him to temporarily push aside thoughts of meeting up again with Justin for the time being. 

 

"Yeah, yeah, sure," he reassured her as he forced himself not to plaster a goofy smile on his face, deciding instead to concentrate for now on his friend's concerns, which basically consisted of Owen trying to make time with her again like some love struck schoolboy.   Not that HE was anything of the kind, he decided.


 

Pulling up in the driveway a few minutes later, the two entered Kayla's house and, after raiding the fridge for a couple of soft drinks, they walked up the stairs to Kayla's room, Gus plopping down on her bed as he smiled to himself like a fool over what had happened earlier.  Kayla wandered into her closet for a change of clothes as Gus picked up her laptop to play a video game, much like they had done so many times before.

 

The two of them had grown quite comfortable with this routine in Kayla's nontraditional life.  Her parents had been divorced soon after she had been born, with her mom, Charlene, rarely at home then or now.  From what her paternal grandparents had so eagerly pointed out to her before, that issue had actually been one of the main reasons why her father had divorced her mother.  The marriage had been doomed to fail from the start, they had insisted, due to her mother, who was a very powerful businesswoman in the export business, having to travel internationally on a frequent basis, so much so that she was on the road most of each year and didn't even know that her teenage daughter had a gay, male, best friend, let alone one that (heaven forbid!) slept in the same bed with her on sleepovers, even though it was innocent enough. 

 

As a result of her being gone so much, though, Kayla's older brother, Tristen, who was twenty and a full-time college student, had become a surrogate father to her, watching over her while their mother was away in exchange for living at home and having his tuition paid for at school.

 

As if right on cue, Tristen popped his head through his sister's doorway, having heard her come in a few minutes earlier.  "Kayla..."  He noticed Gus sitting on the bed, instead, with his sister nowhere in sight.  Tristen nodded at Gus as he walked into the room.  "Oh, hey, Gus!" he said with a smile.  "Are you spending the night again?" 

 

Gus nodded as he concentrated on his breathing while he eyed the other boy, unable to avoid admiring his handsome features.  Tristen was standing a few feet away from him; his thick, slightly wavy black hair appeared to have splotches of oil in it for some reason. He was presently shirtless, showing off his perfectly toned upper torso and a very sexy dragon tattoo which began on his chest and traveled over to his shoulder and around to his back.  His rugged, angular face had some matching, black stains on it as well, and his right hand appeared to be covered with some sort of sticky, blackish-brown goo.

 

Before Gus could ask him what in the world he had been doing, Kayla popped her head out from the walk-in closet and wrinkled her nose in distaste.  "Eww!  Why are you so messy?" she asked her brother.

 

Tristen grinned.  "I bought another old car to fix up and I've been working on it all day.  I just came in to tell you that Rosita made dinner.  I'm on my way to hit the shower!" he announced as he turned to go.

 

Kayla shook his head in disgust.  "You have some strange hobbies, Bro!" she kidded him as he laughed and shrugged his shoulders.  Of course, Kayla would never admit that her own 'hobby' of kissing her shoes at times and telling them that she missed them wasn't odd, too; no, not at all.

 

"Hey, it keeps me busy," he countered as he nodded at Gus.  "Tell Rosita I'll be down in a few minutes, okay?" he asked him before he turned to go, referring to their live-in housekeeper and cook. 

 

Changing into a casual pair of jeans and a ratty t-shirt in her closet, Kayla emerged a minute later. "Well, we'd better go eat!" she urged Gus as she stood next to him and bumped his knee with her hip.  "If we get there before my brother does, maybe they'll actually be some food!"

 

Laughing, Gus nodded as he followed her out of the bedroom, briefly wondering as they walked downstairs just what sort of 'plans' Justin had for later tonight and daydreaming about the time the two of them would soon be together.

 


 

Two Hours Later - Loft

 

Brian stood in front of his bathroom vanity's mirror, meticulously scrutinizing himself; he couldn't believe that he had changed his outfit three times already.  What was wrong with him?  He normally didn't give a fuck what another man thought about his appearance, because he knew he was always hot no matter WHAT he wore.  So why was this particular blond that was about to come visit him making him feel so anxious all of a sudden? 

 

After one more change of attire, he finally decided on a dark red, long-sleeved, button down shirt and a pair of his favorite dark-blue, skinny jeans, making sure to unbutton the top two buttons of the shirt for a casual effect before he walked out of his master suite and down the short hallway to Gus's room, closing the door firmly behind him.  He saw no need for encouraging Justin to ask questions about his messy teenage son's room, or even for him to know he HAD a son at this point.  After all, they weren't planning on growing old together; just doing some fucking. 

 

Plodding barefoot over to the kitchen, he studied everything to ensure it was neat and organized.  He couldn't believe he had actually let some guy talk him into coming over and making dinner for him!  He took a deep breath as he stood there, shaking his head in disbelief.  This situation was all too complicated for him to even contemplate. 

 

He was about to consider calling Justin up and cancelling when he heard the rumble of a motorcycle engine approaching  and he walked over to peer through his floor-to-ceiling living room windows to watch it coming up the street.  It came to a stop at the curb right in front of the loft as he observed the driver remove his helmet and release a gorgeous, silky-looking mane of wild hair.  He watched with an appreciative stare as Justin disembarked from the bike and stood next to it to retrieve a grocery bag from the saddle bag before turning to walk toward the entrance.

 

He couldn't help smiling at the wondrous, sexy sight of the blond wearing a black, leather jacket and tight blue jeans as he remembered how the boy's lips had felt plastered to his last night.  Deciding that perhaps dinner wasn't such a bad idea after all, he heard the loft's buzzer chime as he walked over to the intercom.  "Come on up, Biker Boy," he urged as he flipped the switch on and heard Justin chuckle on the other end.

 

He opened the door a few minutes later to the sight of Justin smiling back at him, and the blond's beauty took his breath away.  Justin grinned as he walked in and slung his jacket over a desk chair nearby; without another word he found the kitchen without any help from Brian who couldn't help following along right behind him while he admired the boy's hot ass presently encased in tight denim.  He watched as Justin placed his grocery bag down on the kitchen island and reached in to retrieve a bag of fresh vegetables. 

 

"So you like to ride, too, huh?" Brian said with a leer.  "Any more surprises in that bag of yours?" he teased huskily, his lips curled under. 

 

Justin smiled as he carried the bag over to the sink and set it down on the counter.  "Something tells me you ride something different than I do," he quipped as he began to rinse the vegetables with water.  "How about you help me cook instead of asking so many questions?" 

 

Brian's smile widened at the boy's impertinence.  He walked up behind him to press his body firmly against his and kiss his neck gently with probing lips.  "I have a better idea," he told him seductively, his voice low and silky.

 

Justin laughed.  "Will it make dinner appear faster on the table?" he asked as he bit back a moan at the sensations that Brian was producing as he leaned in even more against him and continued to nuzzle the tender cord of his neck. 

 

"Let's forget about dinner..." He whispered in Justin's ear as he couldn't help nipping at the flesh of one tender, lower earlobe, his warm breath washing over the pale skin. 

 

"No... I'm a growing boy; I need to eat," Justin insisted as he turned around to find himself staring into a pair of dark, lust-filed eyes.  

 

"I can make you forget about food," Brian promised, smirking as he leaned in to taste those delectable lips again and finding that they were even tastier than he had remembered.  They kissed for a few seconds, Brian's hands on either side of Justin's body as they grasped the counter, effectively pinning him in between, until things quickly began to become a little too heated and Justin surprisingly pulled away.   

 

He quirked one side of his mouth up as he pulled out of Brian's grasp and asked, "How about you chop up the onion?" He grabbed a cutting board and handed it to him with what appeared to be an evil sort of smile. 

 

Brian smiled to himself as he nodded; he had never had to chase a man like this before.  This was going to be a very interesting evening. 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry for the cliffhanger! (Hiding under desk now)...  Michal and I will get the next part written as soon as possible, but she's right in the throes of a big test which might occupy her time for a while.  Hope you enjoyed this latest installment, though; things are definitely starting to heat up now!  Thanks for reading.:)