Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian and Justin finally go out on their date with mixed results; Gus and Kayla spend a quiet evening at home - with a third party. 

 

 

 

Brian sat in his Jeep, idly drumming his fingers against the steering wheel as he waited outside Justin's building.  For the first time in his life he was feeling nervous meeting up with another guy, and it was an unsettling feeling.  Of course, everything about Justin felt different to him.  He had only known him for a few days, but in a way it felt like they had known each other much longer than that.   Justin seemed wise beyond his years; he wasn't sure if it was due to some previous, tumultuous life experiences he had lived through or just plain genetics, but Justin continued to both surprise and challenge him with his intelligence, wit, and maturity.  He could run rings around a lot of older men that Brian frequently came into contact with on a daily basis at work, not to mention the morons he brushed up against at all his favorite local hangouts when they were trying to impress him.  Perhaps that was it; Justin didn't have to try and impress him; he was genuinely amazing naturally.

 

He shook his head in disbelief as he peered over at the building's front entrance for any sign of Justin; he couldn't believe that he had asked the blond out on a date, but for some reason it was important to him that they shared an evening together, just the two of them.  "Holy shit," he murmured, realizing that here he was 32 years old, and he was just now going out on his first, authentic 'date.'   Hell, if he counted his son's ATV adventure yesterday with his crush, even Gus had been on more dates than he had! 

 

He brushed his hand through his hair and wiped a light sheen of sweat from his brow just before he heard the door opening; glancing over at the entrance, his heart skipped a beat as he observed Justin coming out, wearing a pair of dark, denim jeans, black, leather boots, a tight-fitting, navy-blue, satin shirt, and his motorcycle jacket.  His hair was blowing rebelliously in the light wind that had kicked up earlier in the afternoon as he looked around for Brian's vehicle; as soon as he located it parked close by, a smile of recognition broke out on his face, making Brian's pulse quicken, as he walked determinedly over to the jeep to join him.  Brian thought he was the most devastatingly sexy man he had ever seen as he stared openly at his appearance.  For just one fleeting moment, he thought that this must be what Gus might have felt like as he waited for his own date to appear yesterday. 

 

Justin's heart fluttered as he walked toward the passenger side of Brian's jeep; as he opened the vehicle's door and slid in, he whispered a "hey" at his companion.  Brian had an odd sort of expression on his face.  For just a moment, Justin was worried that Brian was having second thoughts about agreeing to go out together; was he regretting going through with this?  But as he whispered out his greeting to him and Brian turned to acknowledge him with a tender smile, his worries vanished and he realized exactly what the expression was.  It wasn't one of regret at all; he was simply nervousness.  The thought that Brian might feel that way - and that this meant as much to Brian as it did to him - filled him with an enormous sense of delight and satisfaction.

 

As he flashed a smile back at him, Brian nodded before pulling out into traffic toward their destination and Justin got a chance to indulge in a little contemplative worship of Brian's handsome profile.  As he admired the beautiful, complex man sitting next to him, his mind drifted back to the first time he had laid eyes on the legendary Brian Kinney...

 


 

**Flashback** 

 

Justin walked into Babylon, his blue eyes reflected in the myriad strobe lights flashing all around him.   It was his last night out before school began tomorrow.  He would be starting his first day at an unfamiliar, new private academy far away from the places he had always known, and he was itching to blow off some steam and some nervous energy before confronting the unknown.  Dancing always accomplished both objectives, and when someone out on the street suggested Babylon as a good dance club, he knew he had to check it out. 

 

Now as he stood there surveying the sea of hot, sweaty bodies gyrating to the pulsating music and felt the vibrations under his feet, his face broke out into a smile of delight.  He had definitely come to the right place!  Threading his way confidently over to the crowded, curved bar, he felt a few of the men 'accidentally' bumping into him and brushing the backs of their hands against his ass, and he knew tonight was going to be a special night - his proper inauguration into the gay life of Pittsburgh.

 

After a few drinks at the bar - and several, hopeful guys passing notes to him with their phone numbers written down - he was sufficiently loosened up to dance a few numbers with some of the men who expressed interest in him.  Deciding after a while, however, to take a break from the burgeoning crowd pressing in on him, he walked over to the steps and ascended to the catwalk to place his hands on the railing and check out the sea of bodies below before he resumed his dancing. 

 

It was then that he spotted him:  a tall, dark-haired man swaying back and forth in the middle of the floor.  He wasn't the greatest of dancers, he decided; but there was just something about the way he carried himself - and his classic, 'fuck-me' confidence - that instantly drew his attention.  Justin decided right then and there that he was the sexiest, most dangerous-looking man he had ever seen.  He didn't even realize when he licked his lips in appreciation until a slightly taller brunet standing next to him leaned closer to him and said in a sort of stage whisper, "Be careful what you wish for."  He eyed Justin like a tender slab of meat, making Justin feel just a bit uncomfortable, as he added, "You must be new to the Pitts." 

 

Justin frowned.  "Why?" 

 

"Because if you weren't, you would already know better than to go anywhere near that guy; he'll eat you up and then spit you out before you can take your next breath.  Trust me, he'll only break your pretty little heart," he sneered as he openly ogled Justin. 

 

Justin, however, was undaunted as he flashed a naughty sort of smile.  "Really?  Who is he?" he asked as he stared down at the man who seemed to be the center of attention. 

 

The brunet snorted.  "That's Brian Fucking Kinney," he said as if 'fucking' was the man's official, middle name.  "The self-proclaimed Stud of Liberty Avenue," he added with a hint of disdain in his voice.  "He uses men, finds the tricks he hasn't had, fucks them once - if they're lucky," he said sarcastically, leading Justin to believe that he had been the recipient of such a treat, "and then throws them away and ignores them like used gum on your shoe." 

 

Justin nodded as if he were paying attention to what the other man said, but his eyes continued to be fixated on the guy below.  Kinney reminded him of a lion standing proudly in the middle of a pack of gazelles, biding his time until he sought out his prey of the night.  He smiled to himself as the man next to him mindlessly rambled on and on.  He was certainly not an innocent himself when it came to sex, so the idea of experiencing one, mind-blowing night with this gorgeous specimen of man - even if for just a brief interlude - was more than intriguing to him.  "He comes here a lot?" Justin asked the other guy, unable to take his eyes away from him.

 

The man harrumphed.  "Are you kidding?  They should name the back room after him." 

 

Justin smirked as he laughed softly at the thought.  He was pleasantly buzzed by now due to the alcohol he had consumed, and he would have liked nothing better than to go down and seduce the hell out of the other guy to show him what he was missing, but that would have to be reserved for another night when he had more time and didn't have to get up early the next day.  Gazing at the man a few more seconds, he reluctantly turned away from the hypnotic sight, determined that soon he would get to know this man better - much better. 

 

 

**End of flashback**


 

Justin smiled to himself as he gazed out the Jeep's passenger window; he couldn't believe how different Brian really was from the way that everyone imagined him to be.  The Brian he knew was so much more than just a sexually driven man, only interested in satisfying his needs; he was a passionate, confident, intelligent man - a father, even, who apparently loved his son deeply - and he was also vulnerable and unsure of himself at times; qualities that he found both intriguing as well as endearing.  After that first night at Brian's loft, he wasn't sure that he would ever hear from him again; in fact, he would have probably expected not to. But Brian had surprised him - and maybe himself as well - and here they were, on their first fucking date.  He glanced over then at his companion, silhouetted in the glow from the dashboard of the jeep, and couldn't help thinking to himself if you aren't careful, Justin Taylor, you just might be falling for this guy...

 

As the jeep slowed down and Brian turned into a parking lot, Justin was amazed to think that he could make this dominant, larger-than-life man nervous.  As Brian stopped the jeep and turned off the motor, he felt the need to reassure his companion that he had nothing to worry about; that it was just the two of them, and everything would go perfectly for them tonight. 

 

Unlatching his seatbelt in the relative quiet of the car, he reached over to place his hand at the back of Brian's neck.  Massaging it slowly, he observed Brian let out a barely discernible sigh as he leaned back into his touch and briefly closed his eyes at the sensation. 

 

"Feel good?" Justin murmured as Brian smiled slightly and nodded.  Justin's face broke out into a satisfied grin as he removed his hand and Brian opened his eyes almost like he had awakened from a restful trance.  Turning his head, his eyes met Justin's gratefully as he asked, "Ready to eat?"

 

Justin nodded as the two of them got out of the car. 

 


 

 

**Same time at the Loft**

 

Sitting on the sofa cross-legged and absorbed in playing his favorite video game, Gus was startled out of his concentration as he heard his phone ringing; totally forgetting his high score, he instantly dropped the remote in his hand and rushed to retrieve his cell lying on top of the kitchen counter, hurrying to answer it in hopes that the call was from Justin. 

 

He didn't recognize the number as he quickly said slightly out of breath, "Hello?"

 

"Hey, Gus, it's Tristan." 

 

Disappointed that it wasn't Justin, but still concerned about his friend, he replied, "Hey, Tristan.  Did you have a chance to talk to Kayla?" 

 

Tristan responded, "Yeah.  Thank you for telling me."  There was a brief pause before he asked, "Can you maybe come over? I need to talk to you, and I think Kayla would like to see you."

 

Gus frowned a little in concern.  "Are you sure she's okay, Tristan?" 

 

"Yeah, yeah," he insisted.  "But can you come over?" 

 

Still not convinced that everything was fine, Gus's game was promptly discarded as he replied, "Sure, I'll head out right now."

 

"Thanks, Gus, I appreciate it.  I'll see you soon, then."

 

Disconnecting the call, Gus hurried to grab his jacket and his keys, texting a short note to his father about where he was going before he rushed to the door and headed out. 

 


 

Brian emerged from the car, glancing over at the Italian restaurant that one of his clients had recommended to him.  In the growing darkness, it was hard to make out much of the exterior, but it was bathed in white, twinkling lights that cast it with a soft ambiance.  He rolled his eyes at the overtly romantic angle, but he couldn't help smiling as the blond walked around to join him by the driver's side, feeling much of his previous anxiety quickly ebbing away thanks to his companion's soothing influence; Justin seemed to inherently know what to do and say to put him at ease.  

 

Justin stood beside him, noticing Brian hesitating; he was convinced now that Brian really did want to be with him tonight, so what could it be now?  "Brian?" he asked in concern.  "Something wrong?"

 

Brian stared over at his face, reflected in the nearby glow of the restaurant's twinkling lights, and his pulse quickened in reaction.  "No," he reassured him as Justin moved in a little closer.  "But there IS something I need to do before we go in."  The hunger inside him was far stronger at the moment than any mere physical hunger.   

 

Justin frowned in question, but it didn't take long for him to receive an answer as Brian reached over and briefly pressed the back of his hand against his cheek; he stared intently at him for a few seconds longer before he curled his hand around the back of Justin's neck and pulled him even closer to plaster their mouths firmly together.

 

Justin let out a soft gasp as Brian's tongue slid out to press between his upper and lower lips and snake inside to taste the unique sweetness he discovered there.  He closed his eyes, savoring the amazing feelings that Brian always generated in him, before he felt Brian reluctantly pull away. 

 

"Are you ready?" Brian whispered, the double meaning hanging in the air between them as they gazed at each other. 

 

"Yes," Justin answered back, just as his stomach growled right on cue.  Brian raised an eyebrow at him as he explained, "I didn't eat much today."  He didn't mention it was because his mind had been too preoccupied with something - or rather, someone else, and their date this evening. 

 

The moment broken, Brian told him dryly, "I never would have guessed."  He reached over to grab Justin's hand and bring it to rest over the bulge in his pants. "Well, then, let's go take care of your problem - and then you can take care of my problem later." 

 

Justin grinned, giving Brian's cock a brief squeeze as he told him, "It'll be my pleasure."

 

Brian waggled his eyebrows at him as he slid his arm around his waist and the two of them proceeded toward the restaurant's entrance. Once inside, they were greeted by the hostess who led them over to a secluded, candlelit table in the corner and handed them their menus to study.

 

They were just about to search for a waiter to take their order  a couple minutes later when they heard a large crash right behind Justin's chair as someone dropped a dinner plate; the blond jumped in his seat, startled, as the dark-haired waiter who had caused the accident hurried up to them.  "It's you!" he exclaimed as his face broke out into a joyous smile as he stared intently over at Brian, seemingly unaware of Justin's presence as he openly ogled the other man.

 

"Oh, My God!' The tall, uniformed man exclaimed, his hand rising to his mouth in delighted shock.  Brian stared at him, perplexed, before he glanced down at his designer shirt, wondering if he had managed to spill some of the wine he and Justin had been enjoying on it before the waiter gushed out, "I can't believe you're here!  Brian Kinney actually came looking for ME!"

 

Nearby diners stared over at the scene as Brian looked at the man like he had two heads as the waiter babbled, "I knew it!  I knew everyone else was just a fuck!  But it was different with us, wasn't it?  We really made a connection!  I told you we were soul mates!" he told Brian with just a hint of smugness. 

 

Brian peered at the over-the-top man with a pained expression; he had no fucking idea what this man was talking about - or even who he was. As far as he knew, he had never seen this man before.  The only thing he could think of was that somewhere, someplace, in some smoky, barely-lit backroom or bathhouse, he must have fucked this guy in a moment of insanity, because he was nothing out of the ordinary.  He glanced over at Justin, secretly afraid of what he would think of this spectacle, but he was surprised - as well as relieved - to see that Justin appeared amused by the whole situation instead of angry. 

 

He arched an eyebrow at the overly-boisterous waiter and finally replied truthfully, "I don't know what the fuck you're talking about."

 

"But...But what about our night together?" he asked aghast.  "How could you forget that?  I certainly didn't," he added, waggling his eyebrows suggestively as Brian thought he heard Justin issue what sounded like a dubious guffaw in response.

 

Brian scrunched up his face in confusion; this man wasn't familiar to him at all - and totally unforgettable and not in a good way.  "What night together?"  There could BE no 'night' - he NEVER spent the 'night' with any trick, especially one that looked like that.  After all, he had a reputation to maintain - even if a lot of it was total B.S. 

 

"That night at the awards show!" the man gushed out then, insulted that Brian could forget.  "I was moonlighting that night," he continued.  "You took me up into the balcony and..."

 

Brian heard Justin almost spit the wine out that he had just begun to sip as he huffed out, "Are you on E or something?  I wouldn't spend an hour with you, much less a night!"  He snorted.  "I must have been the one on E that night."

 

The man's mouth fell open in dismay.  "But, but..."

 

Just then, Brian was rescued from saying anything further by the maître de arriving at their table, summoned by the commotion.  "Mark, what are YOU doing?" he demanded quietly.  "Is there a problem here?" 

 

"Yes," Brian offered curtly.  "Your waiter here seems to have mistaken me for someone else." 

 

"No, that's not true!" Mark protested.  "I know exactly who you are!" 

 

Justin covered his hand with his mouth to keep from laughing; the whole situation was totally ludicrous.  And as he studied the gangly, bespectacled, brunet waiter, he decided Brian was right; he would have had to have been totally spaced out on some type of drug to fall for THIS guy - unless he had a big dick; that might get his attention for a few minutes anyway.  Certainly not longer than that, though.  This 'Mark' guy, however, seemed to think that he and Brian were star-crossed lovers for eternity now. 


The maître de grasped the waiter firmly by the wrist.  "Mark, come with me."  He turned to Brian.  "I apologize for his behavior, Sir; I'll get another waiter over here to take your order immediately - and the wine is on the house tonight."  With that, he bestowed a curt, brief nod on two casually-dressed security personnel who walked over and 'escorted' a sputtering Mark toward the kitchen as he called out Brian's name in almost a wail of dismay. 

 

"But, but, Brian!  You DO know me!  Brian!  Tell them!"

 

Brian rubbed his forehead wearily with his hand and briefly closed his eyes as the other man was led away and disappeared into the kitchen; what the hell had he been thinking that night?  He could remember now how he had been bored to tears at the advertising awards show at that hotel a few months ago; enough that he had excused himself to go to the restroom and had grabbed the easiest fuck target he could find near the stairs - this hapless, Emmett wannabe that had just happened to be standing nearby, and had whispered some typical come-on line to him before he grabbed him by the collar and dragged him upstairs to the empty balcony, where he had roughly tore the guy's fly open, shoved his crisp, black, linen uniform down to his knees, bent him over a nearby, cushioned balcony chair, and fucked the daylights out of him while the crowd below politely clapped in response to the next award being given out, totally oblivious to the more enticing show occurring above them.  Fortunately, he had possessed enough foresight to stuff the guy's uniform bowtie in his mouth just before he came, preventing him from loudly broadcasting what they were doing upstairs.

 

Fifteen minutes later, he had zipped up his pants with nary a thought as to who the lucky guy was and, taking a few minutes to wash up in the upstairs restroom, he had returned to his seat downstairs like nothing had happened.  And in a way, it had been true; he had seen it as nothing, especially now that he had Justin.  That made everything - and everyone else - seem so insignificant now. 

 

He sighed; so much for his and Justin's quiet night out.  He supposed he had no one to blame but himself for running into one of his tricks while he and Justin were out to dinner, but he was disappointed nonetheless.  He opened his eyes back up to peer over at his date, only to find to his shock and concern that Justin was no longer sitting there.  Had he bolted at the first opportunity, disgusted over what he had seen?  He hadn't seemed all that upset over the situation; on the contrary, he seemed quite nonplussed about it.  So where had he gone? 

 

A brief, momentary twinge of panic set in before he twisted his head back around to find Justin standing there with a grin on his face and holding up a handled, brown paper carryout bag. 

 

 "I think I'm ready to take this party elsewhere," Justin told him with a smirk.  "What do you say?" 

 

Brian grinned in relief as he reached over to grab their wine bottle.  "You read my mind, Sunshine."   

 

 


 

 

Same Time across Town...

 

Gus quietly let himself into the Callahan household through the side door, observing Tristan sitting at the kitchen counter, drinking a glass of water and idly perusing a car magazine.  "Hey!" Gus called out; startling Tristan and making him spill his water all over the front of his shirt.

 

"Shit, Gus Man! You scared the hell out of me!" Tristan replied, laughing over his predicament as he stood up and hurried over to the kitchen counter to grab a roll of paper towels to tear off several sheets and begin to attempt to blot up some of the water from his shirt; the short-sleeved, white tee shirt was molded to his chest due to the wetness and showed off his sculptured, toned pecs perfectly, making Gus blush in response. 

 

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you," Gus said with a little embarrassment. 

 

Tristan grimaced at the feeling of coldness plastered against his skin as he continued to try and sop up some of the excess water.  "It's okay," he told him.  He frowned, remembering that he had locked the side door earlier.  "How did you get in, anyway?"

 

"Kayla gave me an extra key when I started to spend the night here about a year ago," he explained. "I hope it's okay..."

 

Tristan nodded, taking a moment to admire his sister's best friend's physique - Gus was a little shorter than him - and a little thinner - but with the skinny jeans he was wearing, it set off his long legs to perfection.  He cleared his throat to return to the subject at hand.  "Oh, it's fine; don't worry about it," he assured him as Gus nodded back.  He crinkled his nose up, realizing he was fighting a losing battle with his shirt; it was just too wet to dry it off.  "I'm going to go grab another shirt; I'll be right back."

 

Gus nodded, swallowing hard as Tristan pulled the shirt up over his head and peeled it off, exposing the tan, firm skin of his chest and that intriguing dragon tattoo before, with a smile, he turned and headed down the hallway toward the steps leading upstairs to his bedroom.

 

Wondering what in the world was going on, Gus sighed as he walked over and sat down at the same spot that Tristan had just occupied, picking up the car magazine and idly leafing through it for a few minutes until his eyes caught an article about the newest version of the jeep he loved so well; his interest piqued, he began to read about the new specifications and accessories, so caught up in the details that he didn't notice Tristan shuffling back down the hallway in bare feet a few minutes later and standing directly behind him; at least not until he felt some warm puffs of air on his neck.  

 

"Looks like a sweet ride," Tristan murmured as he looked over his shoulder at the article. 

 

Gus's pulse sped up as Tristan's breath whispered over his skin.  "Yeah," he managed somehow to utter coherently, not wanting Tristan to think he was affected by his presence.  Once more, he pushed aside any thoughts that there was more to his reaction than he was willing to admit as he quickly closed the magazine and stood up to turn around and face the other boy, who had changed into a black, vintage, rock concert tee shirt. 

 

Gus grinned; it was advertising one of his favorite classic rock bands.  "Cool shirt," he had to say as Tristan smiled back at him.

 

"Thanks; got it a thrift shop down the street," he told him as Gus nodded. 

 

"You wanted to talk to me about Kayla?" Gus asked.  "I assume she's upstairs." 

 

"Yeah," Tristan confirmed as he leaned back against the nearby kitchen counter.  "She told me what happened with her and Owen; he was being a real prick to her!" he growled in disgust as Gus nodded in agreement.  He paused for a couple of seconds to peer over at the younger boy as he told him, "I just wanted to say thank you.  She's my baby sister, and a lot of times it's just the two of us here.  So I feel it's my job to protect her, and I wasn't there this time," he told him with a hint of regret.  He smiled over at Gus gratefully, however, as he told him, "But thankfully, you were.  I owe you, Gus."

 

Gus flushed over the attention as he averted his gazed and murmured self-consciously, "It was nothing, really.  Kayla's my best friend; I'd do it again in a heartbeat."  He lifted his gaze to peer over at Tristan then and grinned.  "And you're right; he WAS being a real prick to her." 

 

Tristan smiled at Gus and nodded, just before they heard footsteps coming down the stairs.  "I decided it was time to stop moping around!" Kayla announced brightly as she reached the bottom of the steps and turned to observe her brother and Gus standing there in the kitchen.  "When did YOU get here?" she asked her friend, her hands on her hips. 

 

Gus grinned, relieved to see his friend back to her normal, bubbly self.  "Just a few minutes ago," he told her as she nodded.

 

"Well, then, who's up for a movie night?" she asked as she walked up to join them.

 

"Count me in!" Gus replied with a smile. He turned to look over at her brother.  "What about you?  Have any plans for tonight?" 

 

Tristan shook his head as he returned Gus's smile.  Secretly, he HAD been planning on meeting some of the guys to shoot some hoops at the park nearby, but suddenly this idea seemed much more intriguing.  "Nope.  Sounds great," he replied.  Turning to his sister, he leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek.  "You go pick out the movie and I'll make the popcorn.  Gus, can you get the drinks out of the fridge?"

 

Gus nodded as Kayla turned and headed toward the living room.

 


 

Same Time - Across Town

 

 

Brian laughed as Justin reached to open a button of his shirt, exposing a few inches of Brian's toned skin; his fingers lingered briefly there, savoring the smoothness of Brian's neck and chest before he abruptly held his arms open wide and proclaimed with a deep breath, "There!  Now you fit in with the rest of this place!" 

 

 

After leaving the restaurant, they had driven around a bit, finally winding up at a nearby, deserted park that had a lake situated in the middle.  Instead of sitting on one of the benches surrounding the water, Justin had somehow managed to convince Brian to sit on the grassy slope nearby.   Now as they sat companionably side by side, his legs bent at the knees, the artist in him admired the reflection of the full moon on the tranquil water.  The moon was so luminescent at the moment that he could even make out a few geese swimming smoothly through the water as he heard Brian's even breathing beside him. 

 

Sitting on a blanket that he kept in the back of the jeep for winter emergency contingencies, Brian glanced over at Justin's face that seemed to be glowing at the moment, and his heart threatened to stop.  He cleared his throat to try and regain a little more control as he admitted, "I take back now my suggestion that you work on eating like more civilized people, Sunshine.  You clearly were born to eat more like a savage," he teased him as Justin chuckled.  He placed his plastic bowl of linguini with clam sauce down on the blanket next to him as Justin stabbed one of his meatballs from his carryout plate and brought it up to Brian's mouth as Brian shook his head.

 

"Come on," Justin wheedled him.  "Just one taste?  You don't know what you're missing," he told him seductively as Brian rolled his eyes at him.  He let out a resigned sigh a few seconds later, however, as he grudgingly opened up his lips and allowed Justin to push the humongous piece into his mouth, biting off only half of it before he reached up with his hand to grab Justin's wrist and pull it away.  "That's enough," he told him as Justin grinned back at him impishly.

 

Justin giggled.  "Is that what you told that guy at the restaurant after five minutes of having him?  I can't believe you made such a big impression on the guy and now you don't even remember him," he told him as he put his spaghetti with meatballs down and gave Brian a playful shove.

 

Brian shrugged, deciding not to mention that he had, indeed, remembered him after a lot of contemplation; that didn't mean he thought the guy was memorable, though - far from it.  "Well, what can I say, Sunshine?  I am unforgettable after all.  Being the best of the best does come with consequences," he told him with a smirk. 

 

Justin grinned.  "Emphasis on the word come, I suppose," he replied as Brian eyes twinkled with mischief.  He watched as Justin's face dissolved into something more serious as he heard him say softly, "Close your eyes for a moment." 

 

Brian lifted one eyebrow in question, but did as he was told as he closed his eyes.  A few seconds later, he felt Justin give him a gentle push to make him lie down onto the fleece blanket, followed shortly by the sensation of Justin's head resting on his chest. 

 

"Open your eyes," Justin requested as Brian did as he was told.  As his eyes fluttered opened, his arm slid around Justin's body to pull him in closer as he gazed up at what must be millions of stars overhead.  He briefly rued the fact that there was a full moon, since it probably muted some of the starlight, but the twinkling of so many stars out beyond the city's glare was still astounding nonetheless.  Right at that moment, he found that even he was insignificant at times as compared to the enormity of the universe. 

 

"Wow," he murmured in awe as he gazed up at the show above.  He let out a breath he hadn't even realized he had been holding as he heard Justin confess beside him, "I always loved to look at the stars on a clear night, even when I was just a child.  It somehow made me feel less lonely," he whispered, his voice catching slightly as if he were giving away a deep, dark secret.  In a way, he was. 

 

Brian's heart lurched as he pulled Justin even tighter to his side and he tenderly promised him with conviction, "Well, you'll never be lonely again."

 

Justin turned in his arms to drape his body half-on, half off Brian's as he peered down at him and gazed into his eyes. 

 

Brian placed his hand on the side of his face and whispered, "Why is everything so different with you?" He shook his head in amazement as he added, "You make me look at everything in a new way; even the fucking stars." 

 

Justin's heart swelled at Brian's words; he was fighting so hard not to admit to this man that he was falling madly in love with him.  He wanted so badly to just tell him that out loud, but he just couldn't.  Instead, he leaned down to demonstrate the depth of his feelings as he pressed his lips against Brian's and molded his body against his as his arms slid around Brian's waist.  As Brian, too, wrapped his arms around him and deepened the kiss, his tender heart plunged deeper and deeper toward a point of no return; one that he welcomed instead of feared.

 


 

Same Time...

 

"No!" Kayla cried out indignantly from the couch.  "You said I could choose!  We're watching Dirty Dancing!" she insisted as she grabbed the DVD player's remote control away from Gus, who had captured it the moment he and Tristan had walked into the living room with the drinks and popcorn.   

 

From his place next to her on the couch, Gus snorted in ridicule over her sappy, chick flick choice as Tristan smiled back at him in sympathy.  How many times must he endure that movie again? 

 

"Oh, my God," he said dryly.  "Come on, Kayla!  Tristan and I want to watch The Fast and the Furious!" he insisted as he reached over and began to tickle his friend in her waist in an attempt to steal the remote back.

 

"No fair!" Kayla protested in between fits of giggling.  "Uh, uh!" she insisted as she managed somehow to wrench the remote out of Gus's probing grasp and pulled away from him.

 

Gus fell back onto the back of the couch cushion with a groan of defeat.   "Fuck, not again!" he replied as Tristan laughed as he took a seat on the other side of him. 

 

Kayla turned to face them, her hands crossed over her chest as she glared at them.  "Listen, Boys!" she proclaimed.  "I'm picking this movie!  One more word out of either one of you, and you'll be watching Titanic!  Got it?"

 

The two boys turned to stare silently at each other, both horrified at the thought. 

 

Gus sighed.  "Fine.  I guess I'd rather dirty dance than drown again in the icy Atlantic," he told her as she nodded in triumph before pressing the play button on the remote.  He couldn't help rolling his eyes at Tristan, however, as the opening credits began to scroll across the screen.    

 

She's back, Tristan mouthed mutely at Gus, who smiled broadly at him and nodded. 

 

"Well, looks like nobody puts Baby in the corner," Tristan dryly commented to Gus as Kayla smirked at them in triumph.  Finding that particularly funny at the moment for some reason, Gus burst out laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes a few seconds later as Tristan joined him. 

 


 

Later outside Justin's apartment building....

 

"I have to go," Justin insisted for the sixth time as he and Brian sat tangled up in each other's arms in Brian's jeep, although he made no move to push himself away. 

 

Brian urged huskily in a low tone of voice, "Let me come up, Sunshine."  For added emphasis, he pressed his lips once more to Justin's thoroughly ravaged ones; a kiss that, just like the others that had preceded it, soon became intense and passionate. 

 

Justin pushed himself away several seconds later, just enough to gaze into Brian's eyes; in the streetlight's reflection above them, he could see them shining darkly back at him as they bored into his own eyes.  His heart was thumping so rapidly at that moment.  He knew he had to be up early for school tomorrow, but damn, it was so hard to say goodbye to this man. 

 

"Why, Mr. Kinney; whatever gave you the idea that I sleep with guys on the first date?" he replied breathlessly.  "I'm a classy guy," he insisted teasingly. 

 

"Oh, yeah?" Brian retorted as he stole another kiss, this time a briefer one than before.  "Well, it just so happens that I'm a classy guy, too, so..."  Holding Justin in his arms and kissing him senseless was making him horny as well; there was no way he was letting their date end like this. 

 

Justin grinned as he played along.  "Well, in that case, I guess it'd be all right," he told him as he broke off their embrace and unbuckled his seatbelt.  "Maybe you'd better come up with me after all; I could get lost before I figure out where I live."  To hell with sleep and school, he instantly decided as Brian, too, unlatched his seatbelt with a triumphant sort of smirk and the two of them got out of the vehicle.  They're both SO overrated... 

 

Justin felt Brian pressing up against his back a few seconds later as he fumbled to unlock the front door, his heart pounding at the sensation of Brian's denim-clad cock lying against his ass and clearly indicating his desire for him.  His heart began to beat furiously as Brian's hands then latched themselves onto the sides of his waist. 

 

Before he had a chance to open the door, Brian reached around with his right hand and turned the doorknob to let him enter first.  "After you," Brian whispered gallantly as he pushed the door in; his body was yearning for a release that only this man could give him.  He wasn't sure how much longer he could wait. 

 

"How chivalrous of you," Justin replied with a grin a few minutes later as Brian held the elevator door open for him and they entered the car to head up to his second-floor apartment.  The two of them stole longing glances at each other as they waited impatiently for the car to emerge on Justin's floor. 

 

"Well, I don't have to ask if you know the way," Justin remarked wryly as they emerged from the elevator shortly afterward and he made a left turn toward his apartment; Brian's visit earlier when he had impersonated a possessive caveman was etched indelibly in his brain and making his cock twitch in remembrance. 

 

Reaching his door at last, Justin turned around to place his back against the smoothness of the wood as he gazed up into Brian's darkened eyes, reflecting the same level of desire that was no doubt reflected in his own eyes at the moment.  He leaned up on his tiptoes and placed his hands on Brian's shoulders in an attempt to give him what would normally have amounted to the standard, goodnight 'date' kiss, but Brian surprised him by pushing him away.  "Not yet," he whispered huskily, his lips curling under.  "I'm not ready to say goodbye."

 

Both of them knew exactly where this was heading, but Justin merely shook his head as if he did not quite understand as he turned around to push down on the door handle to open it, only to have Brian reach to hold it in place.  Justin turned his head around to stare at Brian as he gave the second door a push before holding his hand out for Justin to proceed. 

 

Justin laughed softly at his antics, playing along as Brian followed him inside his apartment, hot on his heels.  Finally standing together in the living room, he stated, "Well, thank you for getting me home safely, Brian.  I think I can handle it from here now," he told him with a grin. 

 

To his amusement, however, Brian didn't say a word as he turned to walk over to Justin's bedroom door, which was closed.  Brian opened that door as well as he turned and looked over at Justin expectantly, his eyes slowly raking down the lean, beautiful body.  With a crook of his left eyebrow, he eyed Justin in challenge. 

 

"Well?" he said as he placed his hands on his hips. 

 

Justin pursed his lips together in enjoyment.  "Well, what?" he quipped. 

 

"I seemed to recall earlier that you promised to take care of a not-so-little problem I had if I took care of yours," Brian reminded him.  Brazenly, he began to undo the lone button at the top of his jeans.  "Does this help your memory?" he asked as gave his cock a squeeze through the fabric; it was becoming painfully hard now. 

 

"Ahh.  I think it's coming back to me now," Justin admitted as he licked his lips and slowly walked over to Brian until they were only inches apart. 

 

He lifted his gaze to stare into Brian's as he was informed, "Well, I still have my problem; you're not going to renege on our agreement, are you, Sunshine?" 

 

Justin's eyes never left his as he reassured him seductively, "Well, I AM a man of my word.  And since you were so gallant in walking me to my door; or should I say, doors..."

 

Brian reached down to begin unbuttoning Justin's shirt. 

 

"What are you doing?" Justin asked him in mock surprise, although he knew precisely what he was doing - and where all this was leading.

 

"It's called being a gentleman," Brian told him, tongue planted firmly in cheek.  "I'm just making sure that you're safely in your bed and tucked in." 

 

Justin laughed.  "Oh, of course.  Well, then, in that case, please continue; I might lose my way before I get there." 

 

Brian's smile slowly dissolved into something more tender as he gazed into the twinkling, blue eyes and leaned in for another kiss; one that was eagerly returned as they shuffled over toward the bed.

 

It didn't take long for the rest of their clothing to be discarded as they lay in bed together a few minutes later.  This time, however, Brian showed no aggression or roughness as he cradled Justin's head in his hands and stared down into his eyes from above; his body nestled in the crook of Justin's legs. 

 

Impatient a little himself now, Justin reached over with the intention of grasping Brian's now leaking, hard, cock, surprised as well as a little disappointed when Brian silently shook his head no and firmly but gently grasped his wrist to pull his hand away. 

 

"Brian?" he murmured in confusion as they stared into each other's eyes; but he wasn't worried, not really; he trusted this man - more than he had ever trusted anyone before.  He nodded silently as Brian leaned down to brush Justin's lips with his before he slowly began to travel down Justin's body, forgetting his own needs temporarily as his tongue began to lavish first one nipple, then the other, with attention. 

 

Justin sighed in pleasure as he savored the feeling of Brian's tongue on his skin, both worshipping as well as tormenting him as his lover's hands slowly led the way down the rest of his body, coming to rest at his hips.  Brian's lips tickled his skin as he peppered his chest and then his belly with light kisses and little nips with his teeth as Justin's hands reached to fist some of Brian's hair on top of his head. 

 

It didn't seem fair that he was receiving all the attention at the moment; not when he had been spoiled earlier, but it felt so damn good he couldn't deny himself as Brian head finally came to rest near his pelvis.  He shivered in anticipation as he felt Brian's warm breath on his skin and his pubes, and he found that he could barely breathe.

 

"Brian, please," he begged now, not caring how it sounded.  He wasn't even sure what exactly he was begging for, but he knew he was feeling extremely frustrated at the moment.

 

"You want me to blow you, Justin?" was the sultry question as Brian lifted his head to stare up into his eyes; his own almost a smoky color.  He inhaled the exotic scent of his lover - masculine, yes, but also somehow unique and oh, so erotic - before without Justin even having a chance to answer, he promptly latched onto his thick cock with his lips and began to suckle it. 

 

Justin's hips bucked off the bed in response at the unexpected sensations - wetness, warmth, and possession - as Brian's lips began to slide up and down his shaft and he lightly cupped Justin's balls in his left hand while he tried to hold his lover down with his right hand clamped on his hip.

 

"Fuck....Uhhhhh," was the partially-lucid reply as Justin felt his body soon tightening up with the telltale pending signs of climax a few minutes later.  He twisted a large thatch of Brian's hair at the top of his head as he curled his toes under at the sensations as Brian continued to slide up and down faster and faster on his cock. 

 

"I'm...I'm...."   He didn't get the chance to try and verbalize his feelings any further as he felt the familiar tingling in his body and, with a loud cry of exquisite ecstasy, he exploded deep into Brian's throat as his upper body arched off the bed.  Flopping back down a few seconds later, he lay there like a fish out of water, his chest heaving up and down in post-coital bliss. 

 

Brian licked his lips to taste the last drops of Justin's come on his lips before he slid back up, his own cock hard and heavy, until he was face to face with his lover.  Bracing himself on his elbows, he leaned down to share Justin's essence with him before he whispered in his ear, "turn over, Justin." 

 

Justin's face warmed at the tender sound in Brian's voice as he nodded, Brian allowing him enough room to roll over onto his stomach.  He pillowed his head on his hands as he turned it to the side to observe Brian reaching for a condom package and a small tube of lube he had placed on the mattress earlier, all previous teasing between them long gone now to be replaced with something sweeter; something stronger, something more meaningful. 

 

Brian took a moment to lightly feather the back of Justin's hair at his neck, admiring how soft and silky it felt in his hands, before he sat up on his knees long enough to slide the condom down his painfully erect shaft and rub some lube over the latex before he reached down and trailed his fingers down the crease of Justin's spine, noticing him shivering a little in reaction. 

 

Straddling Justin's body, he knew as much as he wanted to taste Justin again, he wanted to be inside him even more as he placed first one, then another slippery finger inside Justin's hole, hearing his lover hiss a little in reaction as he marveled at how tight it felt.  "Okay?" he asked softly, observing Justin nodding his head slightly after a few seconds.

 

He slowly removed his fingers, receiving a soft sigh of loss from Justin, before he whispered to him, "Remember what I said, Sunshine; you'll never, ever be lonely again," before he lined his cock up and slowly pushed in, placing his hands on Justin's waist as he pulled back out slightly and then slid back in.  His movements were slow and deliberate, although assertive and masterful, as he hit Justin's sweet spot time and time again.  Yes, it was definitely about his pleasure at the moment - no one had ever made him feel this wonderful before and made his heart do flip-flops in response - but it was more than that; it was about Justin's pleasure as well.  He wanted Justin to know how much he cared for him and treasured him, and how he would be there for him - always.

 

"So...fucking...hot...," he grunted out in between each word as his movements picked up slightly.  He could feel Justin writhing beneath him on the bed, seeking friction for his own cock, as he reached around and began to languidly stroke him in time with his thrusts.  "So...amazing..."

 

Finally, Brian felt his adrenalin shooting out the roof as an indescribable pleasure exploded inside him, and with one more deep push inside his lover, he exploded profusely into the condom.  He milked it for a couple more strokes before continuning somehow to push Justin toward the same shattering climax, falling down on top of his sweaty, slick body immediately after hearing Justin come beneath him.

 


 

Several minutes later after he had cleaned them up, Brian lay there in the bed on his side, looking at Justin sleeping with his back to him; Gus told sent him a text earlier in the evening to notify him that he would be staying over at Kayla's so he could was free to spend the night with his lover, but something kept him from falling asleep.

 

Even though he could hear Justin's even breathing now, signifying that the blond was asleep, his own heart was beating so fast as three little but meaningful words tried to escape through his lips, but he just couldn't let them; at least not yet.  As he slid closer to Justin, however, and slid his arm around to rest at his lover's belly and Justin instinctively pushed back against him to burrow into his embrace, Brian knew that one day the fear would go away and he would get to say the words he was longing to say.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Here's another banner that Michal designed that shows what Tristan and Kayla might look like, along with Tristan's dragon tattoo - this is by special request from pacagirl; hope you enjoy it, my friend, and thanks for reading!  Hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the story.


stories/1290/images/888888888888.jpg