Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER:  QAF and its characters are the sole property of Cowlip Productions and Showtime.  No copyright infringement is intended.


FYI:  This story will NOT involve Justin and Gus in a sexual relationship!


It was 2-for-1 night at Woody's tonight, an event which always brought more men than normal into the establishment.  Tonight was no exception; as Brian opened the heavy, wooden door to enter, he was assaulted by a cacophonous mixture of animated conversation, pulsating music, and the occasional sounds of balls being racked up at the pool tables.  Of course, Brian never took advantage of the special where you could buy two beers for one; he was strictly a Beam man.  That didn't mean, though, that he avoided the place; after all, where drinks flowed, inhibitions were loosened.  That normally meant a better selection of tricks to satisfy his needs. 

 

Spotting his friends, he swaggered up the bar and slid into the seat next to Emmett and Ted.  "What's going on, Boys?" he drawled as he looked around the room to start surveying his possibilities.

 

Ted did a double take at his boss's arrival.  "Well, this is a surprise!  Did your caretaker let you out tonight to play for a while?" 

 

Brian rolled his eyes at his friend's statement as he advised them, "Gus is spending the night at his friend Kayla's house."

 

Ted's eyes widened.  "A girl's house?" he asked, pretending to be aghast.  "Are you sure he's your son?" he asked, teasing as he took a sip of his sparkling water with lemon.

 

Brian huffed as Emmett explained, "He's sixteen, Teddy; he already told Brian he's gay, she's just a friend."

 

"As I recall, Brian, you had a nice female friend when you were sixteen, too, but that one didn't turn out to be quite so innocent," Ted reminded him.

 

Brian signaled the bartender that he wanted his usual shot of Beam with his right hand as he bristled at his friend's words.  "Fuck!  Can we not talk about that for one night?" Brian loved his son dearly, but he always became slightly annoyed every time he was out with his friends.  Invariably the subject of how Gus had come into existence always seemed to be interjected into the conversation.  It had been one night of experimentation; one big, fact, fucking mistake that would have lifetime ramifications for him.  Stoned out of their minds on weed and both drunk on her father's secret stash of Scotch, they hadn't stopped to think about what they were doing when Brian had fucked his friend Lindsay in her bedroom while her parents were out of town for the weekend.  Two months later, however, he found out what a big mistake it had been when a tearful, frightened Lindsay had informed him that she was pregnant with his child.  Being 'good Catholics,' her parents wouldn't allow her to get an abortion, choosing instead to home school her while she was expecting so she wouldn't shame the family's good name; after Gus had been born, however, they shipped her off to an all-girls' boarding school in London as soon as she was allowed to leave the hospital, leaving Brian to decide whether to raise him as his own or have the child adopted out.  Brian hadn't known shit about raising children - he had basically still been a child himself at the time - but his mother, despite her utmost disgust over what he had done, refused to let her grandchild be taken away to be raised by strangers, so she had reluctantly agreed to help raise Gus while Brian completed his education. 

 

To his surprise, Brian had found himself growing to love his son almost from the moment he had laid eyes on him with his big, brown, doe eyes, inquisitive nature, and joy for life.  So he might have actually been grateful to his mother for her help in raising him, if not for the fact that St. Joan always seemed to derive great pleasure in pointing out what she had done at every turn.   The day that he discovered he could finally support himself and his son independently was the day that he told his mother to stay the fuck out of his and his son's lives.  She still insisted on showing up unannounced from time to time at the loft with some outrageous, high-calorie baked goods, and managed to lay enough of a guilt trip on him for what she had done to force him to make a token appearance at her birthday and briefly at holidays, but for the most part he and his son lived their lives independently of both his parents and Lindsay's, who never had wanted anything to do with him in the first place.  Lindsay herself had eventually moved to Canada and didn't even bother to stay in touch with either him OR their son. 

 

Emmett and Ted wisely chose to not pursue the topic any more as Brian changed the subject by asking, "Where's Mikey?"  Normally when Ted and Emmett were out on the prowl, Michael wasn't too far behind. 

 

Emmett tilted his head over toward the pool tables located several feet away.  "He's over there," he told Brian.  "He's been trying to pick up the same guy now for at least thirty minutes, but if you ask me, he is so out of his league," he said as he shook his head sadly.

 

The bartender placed Brian's shot of Beam down in front of him as he swiveled around on his barstool to study the object of his best friend's pursuit.  He could see Michael talking animatedly to a blond who currently had his back to him as he bent over at the waist to take a shot.  He could see enough, though, to tell that the guy was slender and had one of the most amazing bubble butts he had ever seen; even with the khakis currently encasing his ass, there could be no doubt about the perfectly curved globes that would be found underneath. 

 

Brian's eyebrows shot up in admiration as the blond took a shot and he watched the eight ball land cleanly in the far corner pocket.  "What is Michael doing hitting on a guy with an ass like that?" he muttered, agreeing with Emmett's previous assessment.  That guy was made for HIM, not someone like Mikey. 

 

Just then as if on cue, the guy Michael was talking with straightened up and turned around and Brian's breath caught in his throat.  Fuck!  Not only did he have the most perfect ass, but his face was extraordinary:  crystal blue eyes, full, lush lips, a strong jawline, delicate-looking ears, and a button-type nose perfectly contoured for his features; but when he unexpectedly smiled at something he heard, Brian couldn't believe what an amazing smile he had.  It practically lit up the entire, smoke-filled room.  His cock stirred immediately in interest; he didn't care if the guy appeared to be a young twink, he HAD to have him NOW.  He couldn't remember the last time another trick had fascinated him so.

 

He continued to stare at the incredible-looking blond as he told his friends, "Don't worry, Boys.  I'll go put Mikey out of his misery."  Emmett and Ted exchanged a knowing look as Brian finished up the rest of his drink in one, big gulp and slid off the barstool in pursuit of his next conquest that was once more bent over the pool table about to take one, last shot. 

 

Brian approached them just as Michael was finishing up his spiel; from the side, it was obvious that the kid was bored to shit from the expression on his face, but Michael was apparently blissfully unaware of it as he continued to ramble on and on.

 

"It's the only issue where Batman was almost shot!" he was telling the other man.  "Shit!  I was really afraid for a while that they were planning on killing him off!" Michael exclaimed, talking so passionately it sounded like he was talking about a real person rather than a comic book character.

 

"Mikey, save your heroic tales for the nerds at the store," Brian deadpanned from behind his prey.  The blond, unaware of his approach, rose up in startled surprise and found himself immediately pressed tightly against a lean, firm body.

 

When he heard the sultry, velvety tone of the man's voice, the blond's heart began to hammer in his chest; he could feel the obvious desire in the other man's body and without even knowing what this man looked like, he could feel his own body beginning to respond in kind.

 

"Who's your not-so-little friend, Mikey?" Brian murmured in his ear; he could feel the warm breath washing over his skin and it made him shiver slightly in result.  Brian found that he couldn't move; the feel of this guy's curved ass against his cock felt so delicious. 

 

The man slowly turned around in Brian's arms, their lips only inches apart.  It wouldn't take hardly any effort at all to lean in and taste those cranberry-colored lips, but he somehow salvaged up just enough self-control to resist - at least for now. 

 

Seeing the instantly recognizable, predatory gleam in his best friend's eyes, Michael groaned, knowing he had just been soundly defeated and would soon be ignored as well.  "Shit, Brian!" he groused, not sure if he was more upset by his friend snagging yet another guy out from under him, or jealous that this newcomer could evoke the emotions in his friend that he one day hoped HE might enjoy.

 

He didn't have to worry about introductions, however, when the blond smiled at Brian as he told him, "I'm Justin." 

 

Brian's eyes roved up and down the face and chest of the delectable blond as he eyed him hungrily.  "Justin.  It suits you.  I'm Brian.  How's it going?"   He leaned the smaller body backward until he could pin it against the pool table, his hands resting on the wood grain and effectively preventing the trick from going anywhere.   The only place this kid would be going soon was straight back to his loft and to his bed for a marathon round of fucking - over and over again until he had his fill.

 

Instead of being intimidated by the move, however, Justin seemed to be enjoying it.  His smile threatened to overpower all the lighting in the bar as he replied smugly, "Things are suddenly starting to look up."

 

Eyes darkened with desire, Brian's cock began to pulse as Justin deliberately rammed his lower body into his crotch; placing his hands on the lean shoulders to brace himself, Justin remarked, "Definitely looking up.  Don't you think?"

 

Not one to turn down an obvious invitation, Brian grasped the other man firmly by the waist and plastered his lips onto his; it took only a few seconds before Justin opened his mouth in silent invitation and Brian's tongue slipped inside to get a preliminary taste, finding it both intoxicating as well as highly erotic.  It was a taste that he had never experienced before and left him both heady and amazed by the feelings it engendered in him.

 

As they continued to kiss, everyone in the bar stopped what they were doing to ogle the spectacle taking place; Brian's reputation was well-known around Liberty Avenue, so this wasn't exactly an unusual occurrence.  There was something about the two of them  together, however, that made all of them decidedly envious. 

 

Emmett squirmed uncomfortably on his barstool as he and Ted watched the two groping and kissing each other like they were attached at the hip, their arms wound around each other as they continued to French kiss, uncaring of whoever was watching and perhaps even deriving secret satisfaction out of it.  "Shit!  That has to be the hottest thing I've ever seen!" Emmett declared as the two of them continued to star unabashedly at the display. 

 

"I don't believe it," Ted murmured in his friend's ear so he could be heard above the loud volume of the music blaring out of the old-fashioned, corner jukebox.  "Brian hates making out like that in public!  He must have wanted that guy bad not to wait until he had him out back in the alley!"  Ted looked over at Michael sympathetically as his friend dejectedly walked away from the exhibition, realizing that with Brian in the picture he didn't stand a chance now.

 


 

The intensely sensual show continued for approximately ten minutes, heading in Brian's estimation toward a foregone conclusion as he reluctantly broke his and Justin's kiss to grab his hand and start pulling him toward the exit, making his intentions crystal clear.

 

"Wait!" Justin entreated suddenly as he pulled back just before they reached the door.

 

"What?" Brian said breathlessly, looking confused; his cock was so hard it was painful.  He had to have relief SOON, and this incredible blond had the only remedy. 

 

"I...I can't tonight," Justin told him apologetically to Brian's dismay.  "I have to go to bed early."

 

Brian smirked as he told him huskily, "Don't worry; I plan on making sure you get to bed right away."  He slid his arm possessively around the slender waist as he began to pull Justin closer to the door. 

 

Justin smiled seductively.  "That sounds extremely tempting, but it won't be tonight.  You can give me a ride home, though," he suggested hopefully, hating like hell to have to part from this gorgeous, sexy man but knowing he had no choice.  He held his breath as he waited for Brian to reply, hoping he would at least agree to do that much.

 

Normally, Brian would have told someone who made such an outrageous request to go fuck himself; he didn't give 'dates,' much less tricks that he didn't get to fuck, rides home.  But the thrill of the hunt, and his insatiable need to fuck this man, made him break his normal rules.  Besides, he knew it was just a matter of time before he got his wish; he always did.  "Okay, Sunshine," he drawled as Justin beamed at the unexpected nickname.

 


 

The short ride home was fairly uneventful if you didn't count Justin's hand on Brian's thigh; the same hand squeezed him boldly through his pants a few minutes later, eliciting a groan of frustration from the older man's lips.  He slowed the vehicle down in front of a row of neatly-kept houses.  He barely had time to put the Jeep in park before Justin unbuckled his seatbelt and the two instinctively reached for each to begin kissing anew.  It would be several minutes before they broke apart, Justin realizing that if he didn't say goodbye right then he would totally forget his need to get to sleep at a decent hour.

 

"Give me your cellphone," Justin demanded huskily.  Brian found himself incredibly turned on by the twink's boldness and audacity as he pulled his phone out from his jacket pocket and handed it wordlessly to his companion.

 

Justin quickly keyed in his own cellphone number before he handed it back to him with a grin.  "Call me," he requested as, with one last smile, he quickly opened the door and slipped outside.  Brian admired the retreating backside under the glare of a nearby streetlight as Justin walked up the steps and opened the front door to enter.  Just before he placed his phone back into his jacket pocket, he glanced down at the newly-entered phone number; next to the contact information was the name:  "Sunshine."  Smiling to himself, Brian started the car back up and slowly pulled back out into traffic.

 


The Next Morning...

 

Gus woke up in Kayla's double-sized bed with her long, thick, red, curly hair tickling his face.  He scrunched up his nose in an attempt not to sneeze at the sensation.  He loved his outspoken, quirky, best friend enormously, but if it was up to him he would never agree to these sleepovers.  He never slept very well when he did - Kayla was a restless sleeper who loved to hog the covers each time - but he did it so his father could have a night out on the town occasionally.  Giving his friend a prod in her shoulder as he looked beyond her at the bedside alarm clock and noted the time, he called out urgently, "Kayla, wake up!  You didn't set the alarm, and we're going to be late!"  He detested detention; inevitably it wound up being monitored by Battleax Jenkins. The old crow had been teaching English at his high school for 40 years now, and she always looked like she had one foot in the grave; with the wrinkles on her face, it appeared that someone had already thrown the first shovelful of dirt on her.  Shit.  He was NOT going down that road again with her.

 

When his friend didn't show any sign of movement, Gus reached over and kicked her none-too-gently in the thigh.  "Kayla, GET UP!  You want detention again?" 

 

"Fine, fine!" she finally grumbled as she turned over onto her back and stretched; Gus hurriedly rose from the bed and picked up the clothes he had stuffed into a plastic grocery bag as she asked him, "Do you have basketball practice today?"

 

As she watched him move gracefully around the room to collect his wallet and toiletries for his shower, she couldn't help thinking what a gorgeous guy her best friend was.  He was tall with a perfectly-sculpted body honed from hours at the school's gym with thick, brown hair and reddish highlights.  He was the spitting image of his father, who she had seen on numerous occasions, except for the piercing, chocolate-brown eyes that he had received from his mother.  Kayla was well aware that her friend was gay, but that still didn't keep her from lusting after him in a perpetual game of 'what-if.' 

 

Gus nodded as he turned to face her, his tanned, bare chest showing off the toned pectoral muscles perfectly. 

 

"Yeah, right after school," Gus answered her.  He huffed as he noticed she was showing no signs yet of getting out of bed.  "Come on, Kayla!  For the last time, get your ass out of bed!"   

 

Sighing in resignation, she finally did as she was commanded as Gus rushed into the adjacent bathroom and started the water for his shower. 


Thirty Minutes Later...

 

The brakes on Gus's dark blue Jeep screeched as he stopped the car in the nearest parking space at school.  The vehicle, a prized possession given to him by his father for his sixteenth birthday, was exactly like his father's and he loved the vehicle dearly. 

 

He winced as Kayla opened the car door and slammed it roughly.  "Watch it!" he replied in a panic as he opened his own door and shut it.  "Don't shut the door so hard!"  Gus worried about every little nick or scratch that showed up on his 'baby.'  He even parked at the far end of the Big Q's parking lot, even when it was empty, just so he could avoid any damage to it, and he make sure the vehicle was run through the brushless car wash down the street at least once a week, even more if the weather had been bad.  Kayla merely rolled her eyes in exasperation, wondering how her friend could have such a sloppy locker at school while being so fanatical about taking such good care of his car. 

 

As Gus opened up the back door and reached inside for his backpack, he heard the sound of a motorcycle approaching.  Suddenly it raced in at top speed and barely came to a stop a few feet away from him and Kayla.  Gus's initial inclination to angrily yell at the top of his lungs over the rider's recklessness abruptly died on his lips as the other kid pulled his helmet off, displaying a mop of tousled, golden, hair.  He watched in fascination as the kid attached his helmet to the bike before shedding his black leather jacket, revealing his St. James Academy uniform jacket underneath. 

 

Gus's previous aim to get to school on time disappeared as both his and Kayla's mouths hung open when they got a good look at the stranger.  "Wow," Kayla murmured in awe; there were apparently going to be two really hot guys in school now.   "I wonder what grade HE'S going to be in," she commented under her breath; she had never seen him before.  If she had, she would have certainly remembered him. 

 

They watched as the unfamiliar guy climbed off his bike and swung his jacket over his shoulder before grabbing a leather backpack from a satchel located at the rear.  As he turned, he noticed them for the first time, giving both of them a polite glance as he began to walk right by them.  Kayla, however, had other ideas. 

 

Quickly jumping in front of him and not caring if she came across as an infatuated, giddy sophomore, she said "Hey! I'm Kayla! And this is my friend Gus.  Are you new here?"

 

Gus eyes widened as the hot guy's face unexpectedly broke out into a blinding smile.  "Yeah," he told them as he peered back at them intently; Gus's face reddened at the scrutiny as his heart began to beat faster.  "I'm going to be a senior here.  Nice to meet you."

 

Kayla jabbed Gus in the side as he continued to stand there gawking at the other boy; when she couldn't get him to say anything, she took matters into her own hands once more.  "You, too.  What's your name?" 

 

The beautiful boy hefted his backpack onto one shoulder as he replied, "I'm Justin."