Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

**THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SCENES OF GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME READERS**

 

 

Michelle reached into the back and took out her knife… she cut the ropes that tied Ethan to Chris as Ethan fell to the ground; he started to crawl away but with his hands and legs tied together it was extremely difficult.

"Where do you think you’re going?" Michelle growled, stepping on his back to immobilize him.  His cheek touched one of the photos on the floor as she pressed down tightly to hold him in place.

"Are you scared?" Michelle taunted him from above.   "Feeling like you want to cry?"

Ethan struggled to twist himself from her grasp, but she stilled his movements by putting her gun to his head… "Stay put, bitch!" Preoccupied with her captives, Michelle lifted her head just then to observe Justin walking away from her and Ethan.

"Where are you going?" she asked

She asked Justin as he walked back to where he dropped his gun earlier… he bent over and picked up the gun. 

Justin walked back over to her, the gun clutched firmly in his hand now but pointing at the ground.  "Well? Are you going to tell me who the fuck they are?" he said.

She smirked.  “Well, I wouldn’t want to be rude now, would I?  Let’s start with this motherfucker, shall we?”  She reached down to wrench the duct tape from Ethan’s mouth as, seizing the opportunity, he immediately started screaming.  “Help me!”

"Shut the fuck up!" Justin warned as he pointed his gun to his head in irritation; he knew his whimpering and carrying on would not help the situation.

Michelle smiled in satisfaction; she was fucking brilliant!  Her plan was working like a charm. She pulled Ethan up so he could sit on the floor and sat beside him; Ethan stared at her in terror as she talked to him like he was some old friend.

"Mr. Gold, would you care to tell my very good friend about yourself?” she said as she cradled her gun in her hand, leaving no question as to whether or not Ethan could actually leave.  But to his credit, as terrified as he was, Ethan didn’t say a word. 

“Aww… It seems our guest is a little shy, Blue!  Fine; I’ll Justin all about you,” she said helpfully with a sneer as she stood up, still taking care to keep her gun aimed in Ethan’s direction.  She glanced over at Justin, who stood silently nearby as she began to explain, “You see, Ethan here was a child prodigy.  He learned to play the violent when he was just four years old.  Impressive, isn’t it?  Can you believe it?”

But Justin’s sense of humor was quickly leaving him, as well as his patience over his partner’s subterfuge.  “So you brought him here just because you hate classical music?” he commented dryly.

"Well… don't get me started on that,” she said with a laugh as if they were old friends discussing the merits of classical music versus other types of music.  “You see, Ethan is very versatile; he’s a private violin teacher.  In fact, he LOVES to teach.  Especially little boys.

Justin’s face turned red with anger as Michelle explained all about her dark-haired captive. She bent down to touch Ethan’s cheek with her gun.  “Of course, no mother would ever suspect that this pretty little face was, in fact, helping to hide a pervert…”

Ethan felt the cold metal of the gun against his skin as he cried out in desperation, “"I didn’t do anything! I swear, you’ve got the wrong guy!"

But his pleas fell on deaf ears as Michelle continued her narrative and looked Justin in the eyes.  "He’s molested 17 boys so far, Blue... and he’s just 23."

The more Michelle told him, the angrier Justin got; to him, child molesters were worse than scum on his shoe.  In a fit of rage, he grabbed Ethan by the hair as the man cried out, “Wait!  Please!  I’m sorry!  I’ll never do it again, I swear!  Please!  I have a boyfriend!” 

Boyfriend….. Justin blinked in realization of what he was about to do as Brian’s face appeared in his mind; he fought to control his harsh breathing, holding onto Ethan’s hair by his fist until finally he unclenched his hand and backed away.  “No… No!” he told Michelle as he stared over at her.  “I can’t do this!”  As much as he despised the man that was staring up at him in wary relief, he just couldn’t do it. 

Michelle had anticipated this possibility, but had hoped it wouldn’t come to this.  She bent down and picked up a few pictures from the floor to up the ante, knowing he wouldn’t be able to ignore them.

"Look at this, Justin!" she commanded as she shoved the photos in front of his face.  "These pictures represent all the boys he'll hurt over the years.  All the boys who could be saved if you just intervene."

Justin closed his eyes briefly in agony, torn over what to do, before he opened them back up to glare at her.  "Stop it! I can't, Michelle!"

His partner’s eyes flashed in fury as she demanded, "Look at the floor, Justin! Look at how many kids he's going to hurt! He’s evil! We have to kill him!!  It’s the only way to prevent any more innocent lives from being hurt!”

"I said no!" Justin clipped out, meeting her eyes unflinchingly.

Michelle pursed his lips tightly together in aggravation.  "Fine!" she spat out at last, turning around to observe Ethan a few feet away, once more attempting to slink away from them unnoticed… Picking up her gun, she turned her head to look at Justin and smiled – a sickly sweet smile – just before she turned and shot Ethan exactly where she wanted to shoot him; in the leg.

Ethan screamed in pain from the impact of the bullet as her other captive started screamed as well, his cries of horror muffled by the duct tape still over his mouth.

Justin didn't say a word; he just stood there unable to move.  He didn’t know what to do.

Walking slowly over to Ethan – knowing there was no way he could get away now – Michelle grabbed him by the hair as he lay there screaming and crying from the pain of the gunshot wound and began to drag him back to where Chris was held prisoner in the other chair; there were tears of fright in Hobbes’ eyes as he wondered if he was going to be next…

"Don't you want to finish him off, Blue?" Michelle asked as she finally let go of his hair and Ethan slumped to the ground in agony.

Justin could feel the old, familiar blood churning in his veins, the powerful magnetic pull as he stood there in indecision.  God, he wanted to finish the bastard off so badly!  It was almost like he was a heroin junkie, craving another fix and knowing he was within reach of it.  But as he stood there, he called upon an even bigger addiction he now possessed to combat it:  Brian.  He had to fight this.  He had to be a better man – for Brian

He took a deep breath before he simply told her, “No.”

Michelle, however, was disappointed and angry, but not deterred.  “Okay, I’ll tell you what,” she told him stubbornly.  “I will hurt him so much that you can’t take the screaming any longer and he will BEG you to kill him!  How about that?”  And without any further preamble or consideration, she turned and promptly shot Ethan in the other leg.

Ethan screamed so hard then his screams of torment echoed loudly off the warehouse walls.  “Stop it, Michelle!” he yelled at her, enraged at her.  “I’m not going to kill him, no matter WHAT you do!”

Michelle’s eyes flashed in fury and aggravation; this was not the way she had intended for this to go down.  “You sure about that?” she challenged him before she turned and stomped out of the room toward her car.

Justin seemed immobilized, unsure what to do as he stood there, Ethan wailing in agony as Chris begged for help with his eyes.  A movement out of the corner of his eye caused Justin to turn his head after a minute or so to observe Michelle returning, this time with a suitcase in one hand; and a Samurai Sword clutched in the other.

Shit, was all Justin could think.