Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

"Have fun, you two!" Debbie called out to Justin and Michelle from the doorway of the house as they walked toward the car.

 

"So... are you gonna tell me where we’re going?" Justin asked as he buckled himself into the passenger seat.  His found that his palms were sweating slightly in nervous expectation.

 

"You always lacked patience, Blue,” Michelle chided him.  “Let's just say I have a surprise for you," she replied mysteriously as she pulled out into the road.

 

"Let's say more," Justin insisted as he tried again to find out what was going on.  But to his frustration, Michelle merely shook her head and smiled as she turned on the radio.

 

With each minute that passed while they were driving, Justin noticed the area becoming less and less populated.  After one hour, the buildings were getting fewer and fewer in number; by the second hour of the drive they were in a totally deserted area.

 

"We’re here!" Michelle said happily as they stopped near an abandoned factory.

 

What the hell are we doing here? Justin thought as he got out of the car to stand next to the dilapidated, looming building.

 

Despite his trepidation, he followed Michelle and entered the building, noticing there was nothing but a huge, open space with junk leaning against the only wall still standing intact; the other three walls were crumbling and partially collapsed.  By the time he finished looking around the place Michelle was no longer at his side.

 

Suddenly a gun was sliding in his direction on the floor, and he heard Michelle's voice from far away. "I suggest you pick up the gun, Blue; you’ll need it,” was the stern directive. 

 

Justin picked up the gun quickly; what the hell was going on?!

 

He walked slowly into the next room when he saw papers on the floor; as he got closer to them he realized they were photos of young boys and young men.

 

What the fuck was Michelle planning? There must be hundreds of photos on the floor. A cold chill swept through his body as he lifted his gaze and turned slightly around, his mouth gaping open in shock.

 

In the middle of the room were two man strapped into a chair, each of them were their mouths duct taped and looking like they had been beaten.  The moment they saw Justin they started screaming, their sounds muffled by their mouths being taped shut.

 

Justin dropped the gun and ran over quickly to try and free the two men.  The sound of his partner’s voice, however, stopped him dead in his tracks.

 

"You shouldn't drop your gun, Blue," he heard Michelle say from behind him.  He could almost feel her gun pointing at him from behind as he slowly turned around to face her…

 

"I mean they taught us that in the first grade," she put her hand on her waist, smiling, her gun presently pointing at the floor.  But for how long?

 

"What the fuck is this, Michelle? Have you lost your mind? Let them go!"  Justin demanded.

 

"Aren't you curious as to who they are, Blue?" she asked, now waving her gun at them.

 

Justin could see the men’s eyes widen with obvious signs of fear as he replied urgently, "No! Now let them go before I…" Justin said, beginning to warn her.

 

"Before you what? You dropped your gun!" she reminded him, pointing at his gun on the floor with the muzzle of her own.

 

"You know very well I don't need a gun," he told her evenly, an evil smile of his own beginning to spread across his face.  He may not have made his decision yet, but one thing he was sure of was his abilities.  There was a good reason why Thomas wanted him back so badly.

 

"Yes, I do" she admitted, seeing the familiar look in his eyes.  "Very well,” Michelle said, walking toward Justin and the two men who were tied up to their chairs; her eyes, though, were strictly on her partner’s.  "I think that after so many years of friendship I deserve a few minutes to explain before you kick my ass, though." She smiled again, now standing on the opposite side of the victims.

 

"Shoot," Justin half-teased, half-challenged her with a very evil and dangerous smile.

 

Michelle beamed smugly at him; so far her plan was working.  He was already looking and talking like her old Blue!

 

She leaned down to the closest victim next to her, moving the trembling man’s sweaty hair away from his face with the tip of her gun as she said, “Say hello to Ethan Gold."

 

She swaggered over to the other side and put the gun to the other man’s crotch as she advised, "And this wonderful guest is Chris Hobbes."