Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter added Wed., 8/15/12

 

70:  It Just Might Serve Him Right

 

                  Later that same evening, Ben just felt like getting out of the house.  So, he strode up Liberty Avenue for a while and when he got tired of just wandering about, he went inside club Babylon.

 

*

 

                  “Hey, are you trying to drink yourself into a stupor or a coma there, Mr. Novotny?” 

 

“Who the fuck wants to know?”  Michael groggily asked as he held his most recent shot of booze up to his face and kept his eyes staring directly at the contents in the glass.  He wouldn’t even look away long enough to see who it was that was talking to him.

 

“If you really would like to know you can look this way.”

 

Michael then looked that way.  “You again!  Mr. V.P.-man,” he mocked, and then looked quickly away again and back at his glass, which he put up to his mouth one more time and empty the contents and slammed the glass dramatically back down on the counter.

 

“Name’s Ben, Michael.  Why do you have such the hardest time referring to people of authority by their names?”

 

“People of authority, Mr. Ben.  You have no authority inside this establishment,” He declared and he turned his head this way and that way (for dramatic effect) as he looked around Babylon.  “No, Big Ben… you do not throw your weight around inside this place.”  Michael then foolishly attempted to drink again from his empty glass.  “Bartender… another,” he demanded once it dawned on him it was empty.

 

“How many has that been so far, Mr. Novotny?”  Ben asked then addressed the bartender, “Ringo, no more for him, please.”

 

“Fuck you.  I can order as many drinks as I damn well please.  And, didn’t I just tell you that you have no authority inside Babylon.  So, Mr. Bartender, ignore him, and fill me up again.”

 

“No!  I think your friend is right.  No more for you.”  Ringo the bartender said as he took Michael’s empty glass away from him and refused to give him another refill.  Instead Ringo walked way down to the other end of the bar and served some other patrons instead.

 

“Fuck you, Mr. Bartender, and fuck my friend!” Michael turned and faced Ben, and continuously mocked him.  “Because, you Mr. V.P.-man, is no friend of mine.  In fact, I have no friends.  I had ONE though but someone snatched him away from me a long time ago.  Some asshole named Justin… he’s the thief.   Everything and everyone was all right until Blondie-blue-eyes can along.” 

 

Michael then chuckled at Ben.  “Hey-y-y!  Are You one too! Another Blondie-blue-eyes?  Do you know what it is that I say Mr. V.P.-man?”  Michael inquired all groggily like.  He was so drunk by then that he had to leant up against the bar and use it as a clutch. 

 

“What is it that you say, Michael?”  Ben had noticed he could barely keep his balance.

 

“I say, watch out for the sweltering pretty face, blonde boys with blue eyes… they are walking weapons of mass destruction.  One just caused me my best friend… not to mention that friend was also the best lover I’ve ever had in my life… and YOU, the other Blondie-blue-eyes, caused me my job.  The Evasion and Attack of the Blondie-blue-eyes… someone ought to write the book and direct the movie… and fucking Kinnetic Enterprises can market every damn thing.”

 

“I supposed you best look inside the mirror, Michael, if you want to know whom the real culprit is.  I know for a fact you lost your job all on your own… and I’m willing to bet the same goes for how you lost your friend and your lover.  You need to grow up.  How old are you anyway?”

 

“Fuck!  You should know, Mr. Blondie-blue-eyes a/k/a V.P.-man.  You once checked my personnel folder… remember?  I’m sure all that information was in there.”

 

“Yeah, it was.  Pity though… that was just about ALL the information that was inside your file.  If I recall correctly you’re about thirty.  Thirty years old, Michael, and the job you screwed up at Kinnetic was your only employment ever.  What have you being doing with yourself all this time?  What a waste it is, especially considering the little work that you did do… was really quite impressive and top notch; and you don’t even have a college degree.  So, that goes to show if you had put a little character in your work, and taken some responsibility you could have been a good employee and a worthwhile asset to Kinnetic.  Imagine what you can do if you just educate and apply yourself and adapt to accepting a little instruction and constructive criticism from a mentor?  But instead you get the raspberry award for Kinnetic’s worst employee yet.”

 

“Fuck you!  I was a better employee than you, Ted, Thaddeus, and the entire lot of Kinnetic’s crappy, arrogant employees put together… and that includes its CEO.”

 

“You know, Mr. Novotny, I would really like to accuse you of talking this way JUST because you’re drunk.  However, I’ve heard the things you had to say when you were sober and it’s not a whole lot of difference there.”

 

Michael said nothing else for a while as he began to stare dreamy-eyed at Ben instead.  “You know, BEN, you really aren’t all that bad looking.  In fact, you’re really HOT.   How come, I never noticed that before?   So, why don’t you and I go inside the backroom together?”

 

Ben chuckled as he nodded his head in disgust.  But he felt a tad bit disappointed about his own reaction, to the degree he could almost kick himself, because he had actually blushed at Michael’s invitation.  Regardless of the ass-hole Michael is, he still can’t help but find something alluringly attractive about him.

 

“So what about it?  Want to go back there, Benny-babe?”

 

“Benny-babe?  Really, Michael, you are inviting me to the backroom for a fuck, and you can barely stand up.  Leaning on the bar is the only thing that’s preventing you from crashing to the floor right now,” Ben informed him.  “Do you know what the funniest thing is… if I took you back there and fucked you without a condom on… it might actually serve you right.”

 

“Fuck you!  And, I CAN stand up straight!” 

 

Michael then detached himself from the bar attempting to balance himself on his own, and like Ben had anticipated he almost crashed, but Ben rushed up behind him and prevented his fall.  “That’s it.  I’m taking you out of here.”

 

“Leave me the fuck alone, Ben, unless you escorting me to the backroom with you.  Let’s go back there and fuck?”

 

“Put one arm around my neck, Michael, and lean into me,” Ben said as he wrapped an arm around Michael’s waist.  “I’m taking you out of here before the bouncer throws you out, and you end up spending the night sleeping in the gutter.”

 

“Who cares where I sleep?  I just as well sleep on the ground… I have no one, Ben,” Michael began to weep.  “Nobody loves me.”

 

“And no one is going to, until you learn to love yourself, Michael,” Ben told him; and then he took him out of there.