Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter added Tues., 8/14/12

 

67:  Just ask Me

 

                  “Daddies, wake up!”  Gus stood over Brian and Justin as he shook them both out of their sleeping state.

 

Justin was still on top of Brian and lying between his hot and wet thighs (but with the blanket covering them).

 

“Gus,” they moaned simultaneously.

 

“Get up, daddies,” Gus said.  “I want to do some more birthday celebrating.”

 

“Okay, Gus… okay, Gus,” Brian groggily moaned.  “Give Daddy-Justin and me a minute though.  Go back inside the living room and wait for us.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Wait, Gus.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Give daddy a kiss before you go.”

 

“One for me too,” Justin said.

 

And, Gus earnestly kissed them both and then he started running out the room.

 

“Gus!  Don’t forget to close the door back like you found it, Sonny-boy.”

 

“Okay, daddy,” Gus said and he closed the door and then he stayed inside the living room waiting for his two dads to join him in there.

 

After, Brian and Justin got up, showered and dressed they went to Gus; and they both was equally happy when their son suggested that their next adventure should be to a movie theatre.  Although that made the two newlyweds equally ecstatic, they very well couldn’t take Gus to see one of the those old black-and-white classics they used to enjoy together so much (and expect the little boy to like it), it still was a nostalgic thrill just to be inside a movie theatre together once again.  They found a pretty descent 3-D cartoon that Gus enjoyed seeing it; and the outstanding and eye-catching images of the third dimensional technology kept Brian and Justin’s fascination at least.

 

During the commercial extravaganza they bore you through while waiting for the feature presentation to start, Brian pointed at the screen and said,  “My company made that copy.”

 

“That one of your commercials, daddy?”  Gus astonishingly asked.

 

“Yes, it is, Sonny-boy… your daddy’s company did that ad,” Brian announced in braggadocio manner at first, but then Justin thought he detected a little sadness in Brian immediately after.

 

“Brian?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“What’s vexing you?”  Justin asked (purposely using a word that he knew Gus didn’t know the meaning of). 

 

“I’ve just thought of something, Justin.  It’s been a long time since I’ve created anything on my own.  Lately, I’ve become a numbers-checker and an absolute overseer… but I don’t create anymore.”

 

After the movie had ended, Brian announced to Gus.  “Sonny-boy, you can choose ONE last thing to do to celebrate your birthday and then that’s it and we’d have to return you home back to your two mommies.”

 

“Okay, daddy.”

 

“Do you know what you want to do last, Gus?”  Justin asked.

 

“Roller skating.”

 

“Swell,” Brian grimaced and didn’t seem the least bit on board with that suggestion, “Then roller skating it is,” he agreed to solely for his son’s benefit.

 

“Brian, what’s with the lofty display of extreme excitement?”  Justin sardonically asked.

 

“I don’t know how, Justin.  Never learned.”

 

“Eww-wee, that should be fun.”

 

“Screw you, Justin.”

 

“Not in front of Gus, Brian.”

 

“Screw Justin,” Gus repeated Brian’s statement.

 

“See what I mean, Brian.”

 

“Gus, don’t let your two mommies hear you say that.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Naughty phrase, Gus.  Daddies and Mommies can say it as much as they’ll like.  But those are some of those words I told you that kids just shouldn’t say ever.”

 

“Okay, daddy.  I won’t say it anymore.”

 

“Good, Gus.  Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

“You’re a really good father, Brian.”

 

“And you aren’t such a bad husband, Justin,” Brian then said.

 

“You too, Brian.  You’re a good husband too.”

 

*

 

                  “Come on, Brian, you’re not going to cop out and sit it out on the sidelines are you?”  Justin teased.

 

“I’ve done enough falling and bruising up my damn ass for one evening, Justin.  Gus and you can carry on.  I’m done.”

 

Brian then clumsily got off the skating floor, removed his skates, put his regular shoes back on and then sat in a chair at a table surrounded with four chairs in total.  He sat there and waited for his husband and child to get tired of skating and to join him.   His cell rang while he waited and Justin watched him answer it and he wondered whom was Brian talking to.

 

“Umm, Michael?”  Brian sighed frustratingly into the phone.  “What do you want?”

 

“I just wanted to call and see how you’re doing.  We haven’t talked since you fired me.  Are you still mad at me, Brian?”

 

“I’m definitely not happy about what you did to me back at Kinnetic, Mike Novot.”

 

“I did apologized for it.”

 

“Did you?  I don’t recall you doing that, Michael.  In fact, I’m certain you didn’t apologize.”

 

“Well, I’ll apologize now then.”

 

“Don’t, Michael.  You know how I feel about apologies… someone telling me that they are sorry is such bullshit to me!”

 

“Then tell me this, Brian?  What can I do to make this up to you and make things all right between us again?  Without your friendship there’s such a void in my life.  I’m not even sure life is worth living anymore.”

 

“There’s a void in your life, Michael, because you won’t get over your infatuation with me and find someone else.  Michael, there’s plenty of fish in the sea.  You can find someone.  I recall you weren’t so wrapped up in me when you had David in your life.   You only came back looking for me again, only after what you two had had fallen apart.  That’s goes to show, Michael, if you had someone else in your life, you can forget about me.”

 

“What it goes to show, Brian, is that I was a fool to leave you for David Cameron.  Let me make that up to you some how?  Tell me how to make it up to you, Brian.”

 

“I don’t want you to make it up to me, Michael.  I just want you to move on with your life and in the process move pass me.  I’m the one who is sorry now.  I am sorry, Michael, that there is just no more room in my life for you anymore.  I’m married now and I have a son.  You just don’t fit in anymore.”

 

“Maybe I don’t fit in anywhere, Brian.  Maybe I don’t even need to be on this earth anymore.”

 

“Whatever, Michael.  Bye.”  Brian then abruptly disconnected the call and he sat there and pouted.  Justin noticed.  He then left Gus skating with some other kids he had befriend, and he then skated over to his husband to check up on him.

 

“Brian, what’s up?  What is it about that call that upset you so much?”

 

“I just gave Michael the axe again… this time from my personal life.”

 

“Oh,” Justin moaned.  “That was unavoidable, Brian.  It had to come eventually.”

 

“Yeah, but why do I feel like such shit for it, Justin?”

 

“He’s been in your life for a long time.  Since he was twelve and you were about fourteen; and I believe a good deal of that time it was good between you.  However, there’s little left that is good anymore; and when it get to that stage I believe it’s best that both parties just move on and go their separate ways.”

 

“Well, let’s hope it never comes to that stage for you and me.”

 

“Oh?  Does that mean you want to stay married to me pass the one year, Brian?”

 

“Let’s take it a day at a time, Justin.  Let’s get pass this first year and see where it takes us from there.”

 

“Oh… okay.  But… what about…”

 

“What about what, Justin?”

 

“Umm…”

 

“Yeah,” Brian chuckled, “Get it out?  Ask it?  Ask me whatever you want… I thought you knew that much at least?  I won’t lie to you… you do know that, Justin, right?”

 

“Yeah, I know that, Brian.”  However that was Justin’s biggest fear that Brian would tell him the truth and he just might not like it.  However, he couldn’t seem to realize that that fear in itself was a contradiction.

 

“Well, Justin, what was your question?”

 

Justin was too chicken to ask about Harold like he wanted to, so he asked the first thing that came off the top of his head instead.  “Brian, do you own Britin?”

 

“Yes, Justin.  I own Britin.  But you knew that all the time.”  Brian chuckled.  “Is that what it’s been all this time that you’ve been horrified of asking me?”

 

Justin laughed too.  “You’re right Brian, I’ve always suspected it, but up until now I wasn’t absolutely sure.”

 

“Well, now you know for sure.  We do own Britin.”

 

Justin’s cell rang then and he answered it.  “Hi, grandma,” he said enthusiastically but then Brian noticed Justin’s smile instantly turned upside down and a waterfall of tears instantly streamed down his face.

 

“Justin!”  Brian accentuated his name alarmingly.

 

“I’ll be right there, grandma.”  Justin disconnected the call.

 

“Justin?”

 

“That was my grandmother, Brian.  She said my grandfather had a fatal heart attack.  Brian, my grandfather’s dead.”

 

Brian then got out of the chair and pulled Justin to his bosom and tightly embraced him.  “Gus, Sonny-boy!”  He called out to their son.  “Come on, son – got to go.”

 

*

 

                  “Justin, I can’t do that.  Brian and you are newlyweds.  Nothing will ruin your relationship more than having a fuddy-duddy old woman like myself lurking about.”  Justin grandmother said to him while they were inside the bedroom of her house and together Justin and she were packing up his grandfather’s clothes to donate to the Salvation Army.

 

“Grandma, it was actually Brian’s idea that you should move in with us.  We both are concerned about you living inside this big house all by yourself.”

 

“Hey, it was you that bought this house for your grandfather and me, Justin.  I would think you would want me to continue to live in it.  And, what about Brian and your privacy?   You’re young and two high-sexed people.”

 

“Grandma…” Justin didn’t know how well he was taking to a statement like that being made about him and his spouse by his own grandmother.

 

“Hey!  I’m not as un-cool and out of touch as you might think, Justin.  I’ve even seen that video on the Net.”

 

“What video?”  Justin hoped to God she wasn’t talking about the video it sounded like.

 

“The one of Brian and you that they said took place in the bathroom inside a club called Armageddon.”

 

“That’s actually… the backroom… not bathroom… grandma; and the club’s called Babylon.”  But Justin didn’t know which he rather her believe (bathroom vs. backroom or Babylon vs. Armageddon).

 

“Well, any old way, back to what I was saying:  Brian and you need your privacy.  I recall what it was like when your grandfather and I first got married.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Until the kids were born, your grandfather and I used to do it all over the place.  On top the kitchen table and stove, in the bathtub and on the toilet, on top of the radio inside the living room, in the…”

 

“Grandma,” Justin quickly silenced her.  She was grossing him out something terribly.

 

“What?  Is this turning your stomach, Justin?  I like you to know, your grandfather and I were not always the old and run down creatures like you always viewed us as from the time you were born.  There was a time that we were just as young and robust as Brian and you are now.  And, we both were pretty darn HOT.  I looked like Marilyn Monroe and your grandfather looked like Brad Pitt.”

 

“Really grandma?  Monroe and Pitt?”

 

“Well, more like Angelina Jolie and Ronald Reagan then.”

 

“Okay, grandma… that might be more like it.  But did grandpa and you really get around the house like that though?”

 

“We used to refer to it as ‘spring cleaning’.”

 

Justin burst into laughter.  He never realized how sly and quick-witted his grandmother actually was.  “Brian and you grandmother under the same roof together, just might be a interesting challenge.”