Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter added Tues.  7/31/12

Chapter 53:  Can It Get Any Worst

 

                  The next morning inside the Taylor-Kinney home, the newlyweds showered, groomed and got dressed together.  Afterwards they went inside the kitchen and prepared breakfast and sat down to eat. 

 

 

“How soon do you think the scandal will blow up in our faces, Brian, or my face (that is)?”

 

 

“Hey!  We’ll married, Justin.  You were right the first time… our faces.”

 

 

Justin smiled then.

 

 

“We’ll just have to wait it out,” Brian suggested.  “Who knows?  Nothing might come of it anyway.”

 

 

“Somehow.  I hardly doubt that, Brian.  But I want you to know that if this does mean the end of my teaching career, it’s certainly not the end of the world.  I mean think about it?  I can finally pursue my real dreams.  The ones I told you about at Britin.”

 

 

“Justin, are you sure you aren’t overly compensating.  I believe teaching is just important to you.”

 

 

“Believe me Brian I can take it or leave.  I mean for crap sake, I couldn’t be too in love with my job if I can stand to take a one year’s leave of absence from it.”

 

 

“Well, it’s not worth worrying about either one way of the other especially if nothing has hit the fan yet.  And, we can’t be so certain that this thing wo't just blow away.”

 

 

“Brian, can we…” Justin started to make a request about something but the doorbell rang interrupting them.

 

 

“I’ll get it,” Justin said but he had to wonder who it was so early in the morning.

 

 

“Hi, Regina,” Justin opened the door to the maid. 

 

 

“Hi, Justin,” she said and walked inside.

 

 

“Regina,” Justin asked puzzlingly.  “Why are you so early?” 

 

 

“Huh?  What do you mean?  This is the time I always come here, Justin.”

 

 

“What?” Justin then looked at his wristwatch and was stunned at the hour.  He thought it was much more earlier than that.  Obviously Brian and he had overslept and didn’t even know it.  “Yeah, you’re right, Regina.  Sorry, I just overlooked the time.”

 

 

Justin then went back inside the kitchen to Brian. 

 

 

“Do you know what time it is?”  Justin asked Brian.  “You’re late for work?”

 

 

“Hmm,” Brian just murmured but he was as surprised as Justin that they had both overslept and neither noticed.

 

 

“I better rush on out of here,” Brian said then.

 

 

“Do you absolutely have to, Brian?”

 

 

“Huh?’

 

 

“I was about to ask you a question before Regina rang.”

 

 

“What question is that?”

 

 

“Well, if you don’t absolutely have to be at work, right this instant, can we go and make those joints accounts right now?”

 

 

“What?  I though we both agreed to do that Monday?”

 

 

“I know we did.  But can we just as well get it over with now.”

 

 

“Sure, why not,” Brian wondered what was the hurry but he kind of knew it had something to do with Justin wanting him to trust him again.

 

 

And, then Justin and he left and done that.  

 

 

But in their haste they both left their cell phones behind.

 

 

And, no sooner had they left someone kept ringing all their phones [land line and both Brian and Justin’s personal cell] and he kept ringing.

 

 

And at one point he just gave up and left messages all over the place:

 

 

Brian, it’s me, Ted.  I’ve been calling all over trying to reach you… your landline, your missing cell phone and Justin’s cell too.  But I just can’t get through.  However, when you get this you have better get back here to Kinnetic on the double!  A video of Justin and you having sex in a public place has surfaced and you wouldn’t believe what Jim and Gardner did with it.  Jim and Gardner called an emergency Board meeting and…