Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter 52 added Tues. 7/31/12

 

52:  Those Ships Have Certainly Sailed (And So Long Ago)

 

“Eck!  Fuck!  Crap,” Brian mumbled to himself as he viewed the video of Justin and him doing it inside the backroom of Babylon.  One thing looked really good in their favor though, he thought and that was the video was really dark and therefore of bad quality.  It was such poor quality and distorted looking that, in his opinion, it was hard to make out clearly that it was actually Justin and him in the video.  Had he not remembered being there, he would swear it wasn’t them. 

 

At one time while Brian was searching for the video, he kind of hope it might be something he might be proud of and could masturbate to.  But that shit was such bad quality it barely caused his dick to even twitch.

 

Well,” He shrugged his shoulders and decided not to get his feathers ruffled up too much over the ordeal.  “One for my lawyers and the P.R. Department to work out.”  He chucked it up as a mere technicality and decided to call it just one of those things.

 

As he sat there contemplating on it, he further deduced that for him it wasn’t that big of an ordeal anyway.  It wasn’t like he was a politician or clergyman or anyone else that might be endangered of their career or life being gravely impacted or destroyed by the video.  Hardly was it likely his entire lifelong achievements or lucrative empire might come tumbling down on the account of it. 

 

“Life goes on,” Brian nonchalantly told himself; and again he attempted to do some office work but it just wasn’t going to happen because his thoughts wouldn’t let him shake the altercation he had with Justin regarding Ethan, and that forced he to finally sort through a few things and come to a final conclusion regarding those circumstance.

 

However, Brian wasn’t able to resolve within himself any issues regarding the cell phone.  The only conclusion he came to was the certainty that Justin was the one who had done it.  He had little doubt about that because Justin hadn’t denied it when he accused him of it. 

 

What Brian was questioning is the reason why Justin had done it.  He was still highly upset but most he was immensely puzzled about it; and he had a yearning need to sit down and talk with husband and get to the bottom of why he would want to steal his phone and delete all his messages.  Everything about that seemed insanely bizarre to him as well as so unlike Justin. 

 

Justin’s never done anything even remotely similar to that in the past, Brian thought to himself.

 

And, so Brian figured with the Ethan issue finally resolved in his head, and he had at least made up his mind that Justin and he would sit down to a civil discussion about the cell phone, then maybe he could do some work after all.  However, still it just wouldn’t happen.  So, he powered down the computer, put everything neatly back inside his briefcase and decided to collect his husband and head back to bedroom with him, but he froze in his own tracks when suddenly something had dawned on him that he hadn’t realized earlier.

 

“Fuck! But my husband!”  He cursed out loud again when it almost felt like he was going to actually go into cardiac arrest when the realization hit him how the video could impact Justin’s career.  He just hadn’t thought about it at first, but Justin’s a college professor.  He IS a high-risk candidate for the likelihood of a sex scandal permanently destroying HIS career!  He’s almost as vulnerable to it as the politician and clergyman.  He will most certainly loose his job and might never be hired into another teaching position ever. 

 

“Fuck!”  Brian cursed out loud again as he really began profoundly stressing for his husband’s sake.  He was so agitated by it, he nearly forgot about what they had been fighting about earlier.

 

Brian then left his home-office and headed to the living room where Justin was still sleeping on the couch.  He stood over his husband and just stared down at his sleeping form.  “Fuck,” he echoed once more as he stooped down near Justin.  And, he placed a hand under his own chin as he just stared consistently and concernedly at him.  He thought to himself that with all that blond hair and perfect complexion of his, his husband looked so peaceful sleeping there – actually looked like a slumbering angel (if angels even sleep).  However, Brian knew his husband wasn’t feeling the least bit at peace when he doze off.  And, it was fairly Brian’s fault.

 

“Justin, Justin,” Brian softly whispered to him.  “Justin, wake up.”

 

“Huh?”  Justin’s eyes popped open.  “Brian?”  He simply murmured.  “What time is it?” He started wiping the sleep from his eyes.

 

“Roughly about 2 a.m. in the morning,” Brian answered.

 

“Why did you wake me in the middle of the night?”

 

“We need to talk, Justin.”

 

“Brian, I swear.  Nothing happened between Ethan and me.”

 

“Later for that, Justin.  We got bigger problems than that even.”

 

“What could be a bigger problem than you thinking Ethan and I fucked… especially when we didn’t?”

 

“Believe it or not a bigger problem actually occurred on an occasion that you and I fucked…” Brian brows instinctively rose.

 

“Huh?  What are you talking about, Brian?  I don’t get it?”

 

“You and I fucked inside Babylon that last night of our honeymoon; and that little fiasco is about to catch up to us BIG TIME, Justin; and I’m afraid that you are affected the most.  It’s about to cost us dearly.”

 

“Huh?  What are you talking about?”  Justin repeated.

 

Brian sighed heavily and he had a hard time answering Justin’s question.  He placed both his hands affectionately to his husband’s shoulders and pressed firmly down on them.

 

“Brian, you’re scaring me.  What is it about that night that could possibly come back and bite us in the ass?”

 

“Justin, someone videotaped us doing it inside the backroom of Babylon.  The video is all over the Net.”

 

“Shit!  How embarrassed should we be, Brian?  I really don’t feel ALL that embarrassed.  After all, you are my husband, and I’m so in-love with you; and you and I haven’t been the most conservative people on the planet lately.  As I see it, you and I was just simply a married couple at play.  We weren’t even out swinging.”

 

“I’m not embarrassed any either, Justin, for the same reasons you aren’t; but Justin you overlooking the same thing I overlooked at first.”

 

“Huh?  What?”  Justin became terribly concerned for Brian then and the silent tears started rushing down his face.  “Oh my God, Brian!  How BADLY could this impact on your businesses?  How damaging could it be for you?  I’m so sorry, Brian.  This is my entire fault.  I was the one who suggested that we go to Babylon that night.  I keep messing up all over the place, where you’re concerned.  I seem to have a knack for it.  I’m so sorry, Brian.  Did I mess up so badly this time, that I actually done something that could cost you your entire empire?  But, Brian, I didn’t fuck Ethan here inside our marital bed though; I didn’t fuck him at all.  I didn’t mess up in that regard!

 

“And, Brian, you don’t think it’s really that bad for your companies, do you?  You’re the smartest person on the planet and have some really smart people working for you.  It might not be as bad as we think.  I’m sure there’s something you and your lawyers, and your P.R. spokespeople can do that will sustain your empire.  And, I’ll help anyway I can.  I should… since I’m the cause of it.”

 

“Fuck,” Brian removed one hand from Justin’s shoulders and ran it through Justin’s soft hair instead.  And, he’s thinking, that Justin is so fucking concerned for him that he hasn’t even given it a single thought how this thing affects him.   And, he was much sure than ever right then and there that his husband didn’t fuck Ethan after all.  However, he’ll discuss that later with him, he didn’t want to wander away from the issue that was most crucial at that moment.

 

“Justin,” Brian pressed his lips to Justin’s forehead and held it steady there for a while.  And, Justin latched onto Brian’s biceps and held still as well.  And, they were like that for a while until Brian withdrew his lips from Justin’s forehead but Justin stayed glued embracing tightly Brian’s biceps though.

 

“Brian, I’m so sorry I caused…”

 

“Shhh,” Brian hushed him.  “Justin, it’s not my job that is the most at jeopardy.  My businesses might not be affected at all.  It’s you that is in trouble.”

 

“What?”

 

“Justin, you’re a teacher.  A scandal like…”

 

“Fuck!”  Justin let go of one of Brian’s biceps and that hand went to covering his mouth.  “Brian!  They might fire me and I’ll probably never be able to teach inside another college again!”  If he even had any more tears left they burst forward just then.

 

“Justin,” Brian pulled him in tight to his chest and started patting his back and Justin put his arms around his husband and hugged him tight.  “Shh. Hush; don’t cry.  I’ll find someway to fix this… even if it takes every penny of my fortune to undo this thing.  Somehow, I’ll make it all right for you again, Justin.”

 

“Brian,” Justin detached his head from his husband chest and looked up at Brian with teary eyes.  “I’m not sure if you can fix this!  I believe this is one thing your money or all the money in the world can’t fix.  You know it, like I know it:  My career as a college professor is over.”

 

“Justin,” Brian moaned but he wasn’t so certain now that Justin and he were right.  He wasn’t sure if his money could fix this but he was determined to save Justin job and career somehow.  At least they weren’t going down without a mighty ass fight.  However, he didn’t agree with Justin when he said all this was entirely his fault.  Brian felt it was his fault instead of Justin’s because he was the one who went to Babylon first that day and put that notion inside his husband’s head.  And, he was the reason that they got so fucking high that night.   

 

Brian then pulled Justin’s head back to his chest and held and rocked him for a long time. 

 

“Hey,” Brian soothingly said to Justin.

 

“Yeah,” Justin unglued his head from Brian’s chest, and started wiping tears from his eyes as he stared up at him.

 

“It’s still a few more hours before dawn, Justin.  Let’s go to bed and make love together.  And, will deal with everything else later in the mornng.  And, Justin?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I know now you did NOT fuck Ethan.  Fuck!  I think I might have known it from the start.”

 

“What!  How do you know?  What helped you figure it out?”

 

“Michael.”

 

“Michael?  What does he has to do with anything?”

 

“It’s because of Michael that I know that you did not fuck Ethan.  And, I knew all the time.  Because.  You are no likely to ever fuck Ethan again than I am to ever fuck Michael again.  Both those ships have long ago sailed far away into the night from both of us (and never to return again).”

 

“Ohhh, Briannnn,” Justin moaned and then smiled when he said, “So what if I never teach again, Brian.  It’s not the most important thing in my life anyway.”