Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter added Thurs., 7/26/12

 

Chapter 45:  The Golden Life

 

“What the fuck?”  Brian had blasted amazingly when the doors to the elevator opened at the lobby of the Kinnetic Building.  He immediately stepped off the elevator and someone he hadn’t seen in a heck of a long time approached him. “Speak of the devil,” he said out loud.  “Cary Kensington, how long has it been?”

 

“Too damn long, Brian.”  His first boyfriend walked up to him and they hugged and kissed.   Brian meant for it to no more than a pecker but Cary caught him completely off guard and went all out and poured the passion on ten-fold and kissed Brian long and passionately.

 

“Fucked!”  Brian appeared stunned as he finally broke away from the ex-boyfriend’s forceful embrace and kiss and rushed him off on him.  “Calm down there, Cary!  Goddamn it!  I just fucking got married!  Are you trying to get me into trouble with my spouse already! 

 

“Haven’t you read the society pages lately… I just got married again?” Brian continued to reprimand his old ex.  “Not to mention I only got back from the honeymoon this morning.  I hate for someone to snap this picture.  You can imagine I’ll have a helluva lot of explaining to do if ever my husband ever saw you and I hugged up and you kissing me like that.”

 

“Sorry, Brian.  That’s the last thing I would want to do is cause you any trouble with your new husband.  But I was just so excited to see you.  It’s been twelve years, damn it!”

 

“Hey, I own the building.  So, there shouldn’t be any surprise that you might see me coming out of the elevator at any time.  And, I glad to see you too, Cary.  So, what brings you to my neck of woods anyway?”  Brian asked.  “Last I heard, you moved to Canada or somewhere?”

 

“Yes.  I did and I’m still living there.  I’m just here in the States meeting with a client on the sixteenth floor of this building, Brian.”

 

“Oh,” Brian nodded.  “Small world… isn’t it?”

 

“It’s most certainly is.”

 

“Are you in a hurry?”  Brian then asked. 

 

“No, actually.  I am a bit early for the meeting.   I actually have about two hours to kill.  Believe it or not, I was headed up to your office just to shoot the breeze and kill some of that time reminiscing about the old times, before going into my meeting?   So, are you in a hurry?  If not, I thought maybe you and I can grab a drink and a bite in one of these restaurants and just engage in some small talk and update each other on our lives – you know, for old times’ sake?”

 

“Well, I was sort of in a hurry, Cary; but HECK.  It was a personal matter rather than a business one.  So, I guess I can hang out here for a little while with an old boyfriend, and grab that bite and we update each other on our lives…” Brian paused.  “Wait a fucking minute.  Is that a wedding band I see on YOUR finger too, Cary?”

 

“Yep!  I’m married too, Brian.  Come on,” Cary joyously announced, as he grabbed hold to Brian’s bicep and started guiding him over to of the restaurants so they could sit and talk more comfortably.  And, neither man realized that (at the time) they were being watched [by Justin and Michael] from the barbershop across the street. 

 

“I’ll tell you all about it, Brian,” Cary said when Brian and he were finally seated inside the classy four-star restaurant and the hostess handed them their menus.  “Orlando, that’s my sweetheart’s name; and would you believe we’re actually raising kids… three of them, Brian,” Cary proudly announced as he got his wallet out to show the family photos to Brian.

 

Brian boisterously giggled and teased just then.  “What the fuck, Cary; and suck my cock twice!  The entire shebang!  The spouse – he’s fucking HOT, Cary!” Brian went down the list as he looked at the pictures, “kids… they’re the cutest… and picket white fence in the suburbs, etc, etc, etc.  You got to be fucking kidding me – genuine Stepford fag all the way, Cary?”  Brian couldn’t stop laughing and teasing his old ex.  “I’m SO FUCKING proud of you,” Brian patronized.

 

Cary burst into laughter then.  “It’s the life, Brian.  It’s the GOLDEN life,” Cary declared.  “I understand you got a boy of your own?  I believe I read that in Time magazine or somewhere.”

 

“Yeah, I got a son.  His name is Gus,” Brian then got out his photos and showed Cary pictures of Gus (at several different ages).   “And, here’s a very recent picture of my husband Justin, but I guess you might have seen his picture inside the society pages posing alongside me.”

 

“I definitely seen it inside Time.  Wow!  He’s HOT, Brian and so YOUNG and blond!  But I recall you being one horny-ass devil, laugh out loud.  I know from that smirk all over your face that I don’t have to ask if Justin’s any good in bed!”

 

“He’s the fucking BEST in bed, Cary!  Is there anyone that haven’t seen Time cover?”  Brian wondered.

 

“Hey!  How often do a gay couple make it on the cover of a prestigious magazine as that one; and especially in such a compromising position?”

 

“What compromising position, we are a married couple and that was our wedding day.  Had we been a heterosexual couple, I’m sure not half that fuss would have been made.”

 

“Brian, you had your hand between your husband’s legs groping him.  Had you been a hetero couple and you had your hand up your wife’s wedding gown it would’ve been a helluva lot of fuss made about it still.  I have to give it to you though…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“It was smoking HOT!”

 

“Yeah, I bet it was.”

 

The two mean shared a roaring bout of laugh just then.  “Wow!  Brian!  What is there that is knew you can tell me about yourself that I haven’t already read somewhere else?”

 

“Other than what you already know about me (like my dick size) from living with me way back then, I don’t think there is anything I can tell you that you hadn’t read about.  I guess you know that I’m operating my own conglomerate now… married the same man twice… and have a son.”

 

Cary nodded.  “But what about that?”

 

“About what, Cary?”

 

“Marrying the same man twice?”

 

“It’s a long and rather confidential story, Cary.”

 

“I guess it is; but I can fully relate.”

 

“Huh?”  Brian had no idea what he meant by that.

 

“Orlando and I went through the same thing.  We were once married and divorced and then reunited years later and took the plunge again.  And, it just like they say… isn’t it, Brian?”

 

“Huh?  What do they say?”

 

“You know – it’s much sweeter the second time around.  It’s definitely has been for Orlando and me… what about Justin and you?”

 

“Umm,” Brian paused for a second for he never thought about it in those terms.  “Well, I guess it might be.”

 

“Might be…. It MOST fucking should be, Brian?  Or Justin and you are definitely doing something wrong.  But it’s not too late now.  You only just got back from the honeymoon.  Be careful, Brian, and don’t take anything for grant and make sure you learn from all those failures of your first marriage.  Pay close attention and draw from that previous experience.  Identify the mistakes you made and at least know from that what not to do.”

 

“Well, thanks,” Brian arrogantly shrugged.

 

“And, don’t be afraid to give up some of that haughty pride, Brian.  Let the hubby win a fight or two every now and then; and let him do the pampering once in a while.  I recall how you always hated to give up your bootie, Brian.  Are you still that way, Bri?   You have to lift up off that stubbornness and give up a little tush from time to time.”

 

Brian sighed heavily just then.

 

“Hey,” Cary tried to soothe him.  “Giving your husband a little bit of ass occasionally, is not going to turn you into a twat over night, Brian, nor it will it in the long run.  However, it would enhance your relationship remarkably.   And, speaking of your son Gus, I read he’s being raised by a married lesbian couple.”

 

“Yeah… and so?”

 

“Ever thought about having another kid?  One that you and your spouse might raise?”

 

“No!  I just don’t think that’s me, Cary.”

 

“Why not?  Children came bring a lot of joy as well as build a stronger foundation for a couple.”

 

“Yeah, and they can do just the opposite as well,” Brian expression grew serious as his brows involuntarily arched.  “Nothing can ruin a good relationship more so than to bring children into it.”

 

“Only when it absolutely not what the couple what.  That’s something that you don’t go into likely, Brian.  You’re right about that.  You should only bring children into the equation if you absolutely sure that is what you both want.”

 

“Eh, it’s hard enough sometimes, Cary, just keep the marriage up to snuff.  Don’t need to add children to the bunch.”

 

“Well, different strokes for different folks I suppose… having the three kids has definitely deepened Orlando and mine relationship.  I just want to see the best for you and your spouse.”

 

“Thank you for that, Cary.  It seems to be the consensus.  Mostly.”

 

“I know what you mean, Brian.  Not everyone approval of same sex marriages.  But we have just as much right to all the privileges, joys, and even sorrow, aches and pains as all those straight couples.  Never let anyone tell you differently.”

 

“I’m right on mark with you there, Cary.  I dare breeders dictate to me what I can’t do or can’t have.  You don’t have to coach me on that.”

 

“Yeah, I recall you being that way, Brian.”

 

 “Yeah, and it seems though, that everyone is just so full of advice these days, Cary.  I even have unmarried people trying to tell me how to maintain my marriage.”  Brian thought about Ted just then and how he had gotten on him at the wedding and even before that telling Brian that he still had quite a few things to learn and would eventually come to understand whatever it is he needs to.

 

“Orlando’s a really good cook, Brian.”

 

“Oh?  I recall you being able to work your way around a kitchen, Cary.  Only you left so many boogers around in the process though…”

 

“Hey!  Believe me, I’ve long since come out of that habit as well as a lot of the other bad ones you hated me for.  You recall I said the first marriage didn’t survive.”

 

Brian chortled heartily then.  He had a hard time stop laughing.

 

“Those oddities were certainly some of the reasons.  So, the second time around I broke a lot of those bad habits though… I had to.”

 

“So that’s where the sacrifice comes in at.”  Brian stated contemptuously.

 

“Sacrifice, Brian?  I don’t like to see it that way.  Compromise is a better word.   Every relationship requires it, Bri… rather it be a parent-child relationship, teacher-student, employee-boss, doctor-patient, spouse to spouse, whatever… it all requires some level or amount of compromise.  It’s only when you compromise too much of yourself it becomes sacrifice.”

 

“Hmmm,” Brian moaned for he never really saw it that way, but he had to hand it to Cary – he was certainly right.  He couldn’t think of even one type of relationship that doesn’t require some kind of compromise.

 

“You really look so fucking happy, Cary,” Brian sincerely noted. 

 

“So, do you.  You got that glow, Brian.  And, you know what they say.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“It REALLY is better the second time around, Brian.  Orlando and mine decision to remarry each other was the best decision either of us ever made.”

 

“Oh really, Cary?  Do your husband know when you run into an ex boyfriend, whom you haven’t seen in over twelve years, you attack him like you just did me.  You literally almost knocked me off my feet with that smooch?”  Brian joked.

 

“Sorry Brian, for getting that carried away with you.  But I do recall you being HOT stuff back then and you still look pretty damn good.”

 

“So do you, Cary.  But we both are completely taken now – and I look more than just good – I look fabulous.”

 

“You most certainly do, Brian,” Cary smiled even more heartily at his ex as he recalled his conceited narcissism. “And we most certainly are both spoken for.”

 

The waiter came with the food just then.  And, the men sat as they wined and dined and engaged in even more small talk as well as told each other about their work.  But mostly they talked about their spouses. 

 

“Tell me something, Brian?”

 

“What?  You seem so serious all of a sudden, Cary?”

 

“Yeah.  I’ve been sitting here listening to you talk about your darling husband.  You’ve definitely… rather you realized it or not… expressed to me how much you are in love with Justin.”

 

“Huh?”  Brian’s mouth gaped open just then and he sighed heavily and closed his mouth and instantly tightened his jaws.

 

Cary noticed his astonishment.   “I was just curious… but you don’t have to answer this… just something for you to think about…”

 

“Huh?  What do you think I need to think about, Cary?”  Brian appeared highly annoyed. “It’s been almost thirteen years since you and I last saw each other… what would you know?”

 

But Cary just let Brian’s attitude fly right pass him.  He was one of Brian’s past boyfriends, so he knew how that haughty pride of Brian often  clouded up his good senses and dimmed his better judgment.   “I just wanted you think about how well do you express to your husband that you are in love with him… especially verbally… I mean.”

 

“Huff,” Brian let out a heavy bag of air he didn’t even know he was holding.

 

“But again, like I said, don’t answer me.  But you might want to answer yourself though.”

 

The men were done with their meals by then and Brian noted Cary checking his watch.  “Got to go?”  Brian asked him. 

 

“Yeah,” Cary affirmed.

 

“Go ahead, Cary.  I’ll take care of the check.”

 

“You’re sure?”

 

“Hey, it’s my domain, Cary, and you’re in my neck of the woods.  Let me do that for you.”

 

“Thanks, Brian.  Take care of yourself and kiss the spouse and your son Gus for me.”

 

“Will do, Cary, and you do the same for me with your love ones.”

 

“And, good luck to you, Brian.  I wish you longevity in your marriage and much happiness this second time around.  Like I said the second time around can be really sweet and once you get it right it is the GOLDEN LIFE.”

 

Cary then got up and left.

 

“Bye, Cary,” Brian mumbled under his tongue as he thought really hard on what his ex boyfriend had said to him, he then motioned the waiter for the check.

 

Brian was then more anxious than ever to rush home to his honey.