Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter added Fri., July 13, 2012

 

 

Chapter 38:  Try it… You might like it!

 

                  Brian changed his mind about going straight home when he left Harold.  Mainly, he didn’t go back to Britin, right that instant, because he was just too sleepy as a result of staying up all night the evening before and all day after; but he didn’t want to go home just to fall asleep in his husband’s lap.  He was sure Justin would be well-rested by then and he didn’t want to disappointment his husband by subjecting him to spend the last night of their honeymoon watching him sleep, especially after they spend the bulk of the day apart. 

 

So, Brian figured since he was already in the Pitts, he just as well take some possible precaution to remedy his zombie-like sleep state.  So, he drove down to Liberty Avenue and walked inside Babylon.

 

“Hey, what are you doing in here this time of day?” Saperstein the owner of Babylon accosted Brian.  “We aren’t officially open yet; and on Sunday nights we usually don’t open until 9 p.m."

 

“Well, actually I was looking for Anita.”

 

“To score, huh?  Not at this hour you aren’t.  She gets here when the club opens just like everyone else.  You come back around 9 p.m. and conduct your business with her then.”

 

“Hey, do you know somewhere else I can get something?  I just need something to keep me wide awake for a few hours.”

 

“Hey!  Wait a fucking minute; ain’t you that business mogul?  The one everyone’s calling the gay version of Donald Trump?  But you’ve got even more money than him, I heard.”

 

“Well actually, these days, everyone’s referring to ‘The Donald’ as the straight version of me,” Brian raised his brows as he arrogantly praised himself.  “However, he might have about a third the money I have, and worst yet, he just might only have about less then 10 percent of my good looks and charm.”

 

“Yeah, sure, Budd.  You ever noticed that fucked up haircut on The Donald though?”

 

“Toupee, I heard,” Brian snickered, “Genuine horsehair I’m guessing.”

 

The Sap and he then enjoyed a quick laugh at Mr. Trump’s expense.

 

“But didn’t I recently read that you got married, Mr. Kinney?   So, shouldn’t you be somewhere on your honeymoon around about now, or are you and the little honey just getting back home, or are the two of you on your way to divorce court so soon already – and for the second time?”

 

“Hey, do you know where I can get something or not?”  Brian firmly asked as he sarcastically raised his brows expressing he’s grown impatient with the Sap giving him constant attitude.  “I just need something to give me enough of a buzz to keep me up.”

 

“Do you mean that you need a dose of Viagra to keep up with that fine little young thing you just married?  I bet he’s a lot of work keeping happy.  Probably worth it though, huh?”

 

“That’s none of your fucking business.  And what I mean by keep me up… I meant stay awake,” Brian snapped at the Sap.  "I didn't get any sleep last night and was up all day."

 

"I can imagine."

 

"Again, that's none of your business."

 

The Sap then scribbled down a contact on the back of a match booklet and gave it to Brian.

 

“Thanks… owe you one,” Brian said and then he left and located the drug dealer and got some mix (and packets of another drug) to take back to Britin with him, so he could appear wide awake to Justin when he got back there.

 

*

 

“Oh, fuck,” Brian thought as he was in a drowsy-like state, driving up to Britin and he caught sight of Justin standing in the doorway waiting for his arrival.  He then reached into his pocket, retrieved some of that mix and snorted enough of it (right there at the wheel) to pep himself up so that he would appear fully awake to his husband.

 

“Hey-y-y,” Justin (flashing the most energetic and angelic smile) ran up to the car and greeted Brian the moment he parked and turned the ignition off.

 

“Hey back at cha,” Brian said as he got out of the car and pulled Justin into a tight embrace and started smothering him with mouth-watering kisses.

 

“Where have you been all day?” Justin asked as he held onto Brian’s bicep as they walked back inside Britin together.

 

“Becoming the doting and whining husband already, Justin, huh?  Couldn’t even wait until the honeymoon’s over and we’re back home in the Pitts.”

 

“No.  It’s just this is the last full day of our honeymoon and we spent most of it apart.”

 

“Really?”  Brian sardonically stated.  “Whose fault is that… I wonder?  I do recall offering you to make that trip to the barbershop with me.”

 

“Yeah, but still, Brian, I would guess the drive to the nearest barbershop is probably twenty minutes (forty tops), and then the service itself I can’t see taking more than about another thirty minutes or even less.  So, you shouldn’t have been gone much more than ninety minutes (best).  But you’ve been gone most of the day.”

 

“Ever occur to you that it might have been a long line at the barber’s, and my hair had grown so long… took longer to cut?”

 

“How long… a couple of blocks long?” Justin mockingly rationalized.  “Was the barber giving out free cuts – must have been if that many men were waiting ahead of you.  Not to mention you left here early enough to be the one first on line.”

 

“Well, if you must know, Justin; I’ve been to other places.”

 

“That’s quite obvious, Brian.  What other places?”

 

Brian rolled his eyes.  “Babylon for one,” Brian sprung it on him.

 

“Really?”  Justin didn’t look too happy about that.  “And, in the middle of the day?  And, what the fuck were you doing at Babylon PERIOD!”

 

“Don’t you worry about it.  It was closed.  But I didn’t go there to get laid anyway – if that’s what you’re queening out about?  Instead I went there looking for Anita – my disco-pharmacologist to get some of her mix.”

 

“Looking for whom and to get what?”  Justin had an idea of what Brian meant but was hoping he was mistaken.

 

“Mix, Justin.  Do I have to spell everything out to you?”

 

“Drugs, Brian?  Is that what you meant by pharmacologist and ‘mix’?  Bad enough you’re doing marijuana but you’re doing other street drugs too?  Which ones?  Cocaine can be rather expensive as well as addictive; and crack-cocaine is…”

 

“Whack, Justin?  Whom have you been talking to:  Whitney?”

 

“That’s not funny, Brian.  You know how much I loved Whitney.”

 

“Would you like some Special-K, Justin,” Brian ignored Justin’s last declaration, and actually took a packet out his pocket and presented it to his husband.

 

Justin looked curious by yet hesitant.

 

“Live it up a little,” Brian encouraged him.

 

Justin vexed.  “When did you get to be such a… such a…”

 

“Devastatingly fresh and interesting stud, Justin?  There’s a lot you don’t know about me back when I was in my mere teens.  I was about twenty when I became the dull workaholic business tycoon that you are accustomed to seeing, but before then your husband was real HOT stuff.”

 

“Are you regressing?”

 

“I’m just recapturing some of the my old youth and that good old thrill; and trying not to take life so seriously anymore.”

 

“Why?”  Justin asked.  “Are you afraid of something?”

 

“Afraid of what!”  Brian snapped at Justin almost like he took offense to that question.

 

“I don’t know, Brian.  Why don’t you tell me?”

 

“I’m not afraid of a damn thing, Justin; are you?  You’re the one making strange agreements all over the fucking…” Brian paused deciding to stop himself right there.  “I’m sorry.  We are in the middle of a quarrel… aren’t we?  However, the agreement stipulates that we should never go there.  So, I apologize; and let’s just move pass it.”

 

“Hey, Brian.  We can truthfully express ourselves,” Justin stated calmly.

 

“Oh, really, Justin?  Wouldn’t that totally contradict our agreement?  Whether you want to face it or not, your agreement calls for both of us to be full-time, expert ass-kissers.  All day and night long you and I just kiss each other’s ass.  Your agreement has made you and me twenty-four-seven ass kissers.  Good thing we both like the taste of the other one’s butt.”

 

“You’re high,” Justin chastised.

 

“Sure, I am.  Would you like to get high with me, Justin?  I mean what good is being married if you have a partner who won’t get high with you?  Want some?”  Brian then offered Justin the Special-K again; and Justin stared reluctantly at it but Brian could still detect he was curious to try it.  “They don’t call it Special-K for nothing.  For fuck sake, Justin, try it.  Don’t let the nickname fool you.  It’s not like a boring ass morning cereal like Cheerios or anything of the sort.  Therefore, you don’t take it with milk and bananas.  I’ve tried it before.  It can make you feel really good.”

 

“Okay.  I guess just trying it this once can’t hurt.”  Justin took the drug from Brian's hand and sniffed it up his nose.

 

*

 

“Hey!  You look like you’re feeling really good,” Brian made a quick observation about Justin.

 

“I am,” Justin was really buzzing and seemed happy and care-free all over.

 

“How good… exactly?”  Brian asked.

 

“How good?”  Justin teased.  “I’ll tell you how good, stud,” Justin moved up close and seductively glued himself to Brian’s chest.  “I feel like really unwinding tonight.  So, tell me?  When you were at Babylon just then, did you just happened to ask what time it opens tonight?”

 

“Nine on the dot,” Brian told him.  “And, why do you ask?” 

 

“Let’s go there, Brian.  I feel like having my gorgeous and sexy husband fuck me out in the open tonight.  It will be a wonderful way to end the last night of our honeymoon.”

 

“Sounds just perfect to me.  Around about 8:30, I'll get the car keys out, Justin, and we’ll be on our way.”

 

And, when that time arrived, Brian and Justin then moved out of there like children on Christmas morning about to gather up and unwrap every gift that was place under the tree.

 

*

 

“Hey,” Someone said to someone else inside Babylon that night, “Isn’t that that business tycoon Brian Kinney that everyone on Wall Street is making such a enormous fuss about?  And, isn’t that his spouse with him?  Weren’t their wedding photos splattered all over the cover of Time ™ magazine, this month?”

 

“Yeah, that’s them,” the other man agreed.  “Who wouldn’t recognize those two, these days?  They’re only the most celebrated gay couple ever – scoop over Ellen and Portia.   But what’s a celebrity couple like that doing inside Babylon?”

 

“Well, they are gay.”

 

“Yeah, I guess.  And, I suppose they’re be just fine, just as long as they aren’t stupid enough to go inside the back room and fuck out in the open for the entire world to see.”

 

“No, I don't think they're that stupid.  But get a load of them though.  They just might be high enough to get careless enough of to do it."

 

"Yeah.  But can you just imagine,” the man was in total agreement with the other, “What the tabloids would pay for a photo of those two going at it in public?”

 

“Fuck, I’d love to be behind the digital device that gets those pix.”  The men simultaneously said as they roared in laughter and then they became increasingly serious when they saw Brian and Justin heading into the infamous backroom.

 

“I don’t know about you but I can stand to make a few hefty extra bucks,”  One man said to the other and then they both hurried back there (with cell phones ready) trying to locate Brian and Justin.