Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter added Mon., 6/11/12

 

Chapter 32:  Is It Really That Simple?

“Just before I came up in the elevator, I stopped at H.R. to get a copy of your employment profile and…”

“For what!”  Michael sat in a chair in front of the V.P.’s desk and snapped at the nice man.  “It isn’t like you are my direct supervisor or anything… why were you trying to peep inside my work record?  In fact, I didn’t care too much when my direct supervisor went behind my back and did it!”

“I wasn’t peeping, Mr. Novotny.  I am the Vice President of the company you work for.  I have the legitimate right to look at any of my subordinates’ employment files at my discretion.  Your direct supervisor has such a right as well.”

“Really?   I wonder what Mr. Kinney would think of that when he comes back to work and I tell him that you (two) invaded my privacy by pulling my records without my prior knowledge.”

“What?”  The V.P. couldn’t believe he was having that conversation with a subordinate and new employee at that.  In his entire professional career, he’s never experienced anything like it before.  And, he felt pretty much like Michael’s direct supervisor felt – If Michael Novotny wasn’t so closely connected with Brian, he would fire his ass right on the spot!  And, after what he saw (or for a better phrase DID NOT SEE) inside his personnel folder, he would have not only fired Michael but also the person who had hired him, had that person not been the CEO himself.

“I’ll tell you what, Mr. Novotny; I have a meeting to attend, so why don’t you return back to your work station and maybe we can resume this talk at a much more convenient time for both of us.  How does that sound?”

“I’ll say you finally said something that makes a bit of sense.”

“Glad you see it that way,” the V.P. mocked.  “Good day, Mr. Novotny; and don’t you mind me if I don’t get up out of my seat and walk with you to the door,” the V.P. sardonically smirked at Michael and eyeballed him matter-of-factly.

“And, good day to you too, Mr. V.P.”  Michael sarcastically referred to his superior as such, although the V.P. properly introduced himself earlier and told Michael his name.

Michael then exited the man’s office and maliciously slammed the door behind him.

“You’re welcome,” the handsome executive murmured and then he made an important business call as he temporarily dismissed Michael’s behavior.

*

In wake of Brian’s jetlag, he spent a lot longer in bed and sleeping more soundly than Justin did.  In fact, since Justin had lay away all night long their last night in Jamaica, and then he slept the entire time on the plane, he was well rested.  So, he detached himself from Brian, hopped out of bed, leaving Brian slumbering and then he went inside the bathroom and bathed, and walked inside the closet and got dress in there.   He put on some white pants, a pale yellow shirt and some comfortable tennis shoes, and then he headed outside anxious to take a stroll along the grounds and clear his head. 

Justin had a helluva lot to think about.  So much had happened since Brian and he had made the deal; and so much unanticipated occurrences.  He never expected the drama that played out in Jamaica with the thugs, and that would cause their honeymoon to be instantaneously cut short like it was and as an alternative Brian would bring them to this place.  This place which was an exact replica of Justin’s dream house, which Brian asserted was only a one week rental (but Justin has so many reasons to doubt that claim).

However, if Brian has permanently acquired Britinwhat does that mean?  It was a complicated thing for Justin to get his head around.

‘What does Brian having this place mean?!’  Justin perplexed tremendously on that question.  ‘I’m no idiot, Brian.  I know you didn’t arrange all this from within your jet and over your cell and in just that short time span… NO FUCKIING WAY!

‘Everything inside that house was carefully thought out!  You had to have done most of it yourself especially the personal touches, such as which specific pieces of my art was selected and specifically where to hang them, as well as the familiar items of furniture, curtains, other accessories and the blanket on the bed.  I just can’t see you giving someone detailed instruction to do all that for you.  And, you definitely knew your way around the house.  How would you know that if you had just leased this place directly from within your jet? You had to have physically been here before.  I’m sure of it.  But, my BIGGEST questions are:  How long have you owned this place and for what reason did you purchase it?”

What nagged Justin the most was considering the possibility that Brian could have very well purchased Britin even before Justin and he made the deal; and if so, what specifically does that mean????

“Good morning,” someone (strolling alongside a beautifully groomed dark brown horse) interrupted Justin’s thoughts.

“Hi,” Justin greeted the man and then he ran up to him and the horse and started rubbing the equine’s beautiful coat.  “You must be one of the stable hands hired to tend to the horses?” Justin asked the man.

“That would be me.  I’m Troy.  I’m the only worker here actually,” said the short stout, rosy cheek man [whom Justin immediately thought looked liked like jolly, old Saint Nicholas – without the beard, of course, and centuries younger].  Justin figured the man was in his mid-fifties. “Beautiful animal isn’t it?”

“Strikingly so,” Justin marveled over the heavenly beast.  “How many horses are there in the stable?”

“Three… this brown one, and then there’s one that is all white, and one that is all black; and they are such immaculate beauties.  You and your husband have such great taste.”  Troy referred to the couple as being married with such ease and Justin noticed right away.

“By the way, mine name is Justin; and how long have you worked here, Troy?”

“Not long at all.  Place hasn’t been here too long.  But there’s no need to introduce yourself, Mr. Kinney; I’ve seen the Time cover.  I know who you two gentlemen are.  In fact, I have relatives who work for Kinnetic Enterprises.  So, I’ve known for some time whom Mr. Kinney and you are.  I recalled when your first marriage.  Well, congratulations, and I wish you many best wishes as well as longevity this time around.”

“Thanks.”

“Hmm,” Justin then acknowledged.  “But, what did you mean when you said that this place hasn’t been here too long?”

“I was told whoever owns the place had it built from scratch.  It was just recently built… all of it.  Not too long ago, this place was just a dried out old dirt farm.  None of this was originally here… not even the grass and trees or the lakes.  It used to look like an old run down desert, wasteland or something.  I know because I used to drive by this place to get to work every day. And, then one day I looked over at it and I couldn’t believe this.  It’s like the place came alive over night.  And, whoever did all this definitely had vision.”

“Do you know who the owner is?”

“I had been assuming that the people who hired me to take care of the place owned it,” Troy curiously stated.  “But then when I got word this morning that you and Mr. Kinney was coming today, I then naturally assumed you two were the owners.”

“You work here,” Justin deduced, “Wouldn’t you know, for sure, who the owner is?  I would think your boss and the owner is one in the same… isn’t it?”

“Could be, I guess.  I don’t know for sure though.”

“Who hired you?”

“I was hired by a realty company.”

“Oh,” Justin moaned.

“And, when were you hired?”

“Roughly two months ago; around about the time this place looked like it was ready to be lived it.  However, there were no horses on the property back then, and no one’s occupied it until you two arrived this morning.  You are its first occupants.”

“Oh?”  Justin moaned.  “Just a few more questions…”

“Justin!” 

“Brian!  You’re up and around.  Great.”  He saw Brian was dressed for horseback riding, and he had one of the horses [the black] one with him.

“Return back to the house and change into your riding gear and join me, won’t you,” Brian instructed Justin.  “I assume you know how to ride.”

“Ummm,” Justin stuttered.

“Oh?  Well, it doesn’t take a genius to learn.  I’m sure with your adroit wit you can learn in one quick lesson.”

*

“Ehhhh, ohhh, arghhhh, my ass hurt,” Justin painfully moaned when he couldn’t even sit down at the table and have dinner with Brian that evening.  He had to literally stand up and eat his meal.  “I WILL NEVER get on the back of a four-legged animal ever again!”

Brian naughtily smirked at him.

“This is entirely your fucking fault,” Justin blamed his husband, “And wash that deceitful grin off your face; and don’t you think for even a fucking second that I’m giving you any tonight either.”

“What!   We are on our honeymoon, Justin; what about my inevitable and legal right to marital sexual intercourse, Mr. Taylor?”

“We aren’t living in the fucking Dark Ages, Brian!”  Justin snapped at him.  “If we were, you and I wouldn’t even have any marital rights at all as a same-sex-couple… get with the times… will you!  If you wanted inside my ass tonight, you should have warned me about the brutal side effects of horseback riding.”

“But, honey,” Brian teased, “I’m so used to you riding ‘em so hard!”  Brian cracked up laughing.  “Well, in all seriousness, Justin.  I didn’t expect you to acquire saddle soreness because you were so properly dressed.  I guess you just have a delicate ass.”

“Ass hole, Brian!  And, speaking of those marital rights to sexual intercourse, when are you going to fulfill your biblical obligations to me, and let me inside your ass (for a change)… it’s been a LONG, LONG, LONG time since I last topped you.”

“Well, let me go down to the guest house and pay Troy a visit,” Brian wriggled out of that conversation really quickly, “Maybe he has some remedy or something that just might ease your discomfort.  I would at least like to see you sit down at the table at least.”

“Whatever,” Justin grunted.

*

“Hey,” Brian returned just a few moments later with an ointment that Troy had given him.  “This is no laughing matter, Justin,” He warned.  “Troy said if we tend to your ass right away, you can avoid having a nasty problem later.  You can actually develop a blister-like sore if your condition goes unattended.”

“What!  Brian!  That could absolutely ruin our honeymoon!”

“Don’t panic.  Pull your pants down and let me see what damage there is so far.  He said if you haven’t developed a sore yet, you won’t if we put this ointment on you right away.”

“Well?”  Brian wondered why Justin hadn’t dropped his pants yet.

“Well?  What?”

“Drop your pants.”

“That’s embarrassing, Brian.”

“What?”  Brian couldn’t believe that.  “What’s embarrassing?  I’m your husband, damn it!  How many times have I seen your bare ass, Justin, as well as fucked you in it?  For Pete’s sake, I’ve had my tongue up there countless times; but now and all of a sudden you are embarrassed for me to even see it!”

“Can we go inside the bedroom at least?  It might seem a little less weird, if I stretched out on the bed and you take a look at it.”

“Fine!  Whatever floats your boat; let’s go upstairs to the bedroom then.”

“Had we gone boat riding instead I wouldn’t have this problem,” Justin scoffed.

*

“Ouch,” Justin cried out when Brian massaged the ointment into his sore ass.  “It has a burning sensation,” he complained.

“I thought you liked it hot down there,” Brian taunted.

“It’s not the same kind of heat, Brian, and you know it.”

“Well, be happy that we got to you before a sore developed.  You’ll be good as new even before the morning sun rises.”

“You won’t be able to fuck me though.”

“Nayyyy,” Brian groaned.  “I wouldn’t want to chance getting this hot ointment on my dick.  It’s actually burns my hands applying it to you.”

“You should have worn latex gloves.”

“I could think of a better part of body to cover with latex provided these circumstances were different.”

“Well, maybe we can talk for a change rather than fuck.”  Justin suggested.

“Talk about what?  Who wants to talk while they are on their honeymoon?  Honeymoons are for fucking not talking, Justin.”

Brian then got up off the bed and went into the bathroom to wash the heat absorbing ointment from his hands.  He then returned to the bedroom and sat at the foot of the bed and used his right hand to caress up and down Justin’s legs.  And, Justin started to moan.

“Soothing?” Brian asked.

“Arousing more like it, Brian.  That could make me crazy, you know, and under the circumstances we might not be able to accommodate each other.”

“You need to learn to relax to my touch sometimes, Justin, and not take everything as sexual.”

“Look who’s talking?  Are your serious, Brian?  You must have the most potent sex drive ever known to man.  I bet you’re one for the psychology books.”

Brian kept massaging Justin legs.

“Stop,” Justin moaned.  However, Brian ignored him and kept rubbing his legs.  “Brian, stop,” he moaned once again.  “I really mean it, Brian, stop.”

“Okay,” Brian replied and then he withdrew his hands and remained seated at the foot to the bed.  He leaned his back against one of the long posts on the bed and Justin and he was very still and quiet for a spell.

“Brian,” Justin finally spoke again.

“Yeah?”

“I’m scared.”

“Huh?  Scared of what?  I can see from here that there’s no sore developing.  You’re going to be okay.”

“No, that’s not what I meant.”

“What do you mean then?”

“I’m afraid of what you and I are doing here.”

“I don’t know what you mean.  Can you be more specific?”

“This game that we are playing.  I mean the agreement.  It’s not turning out like I thought it would.”

“What do you mean, Justin?  I tried to do things just as you asked me to.  I’ve given you your respect.  I gave you the wedding and I’m attempting to give you the honeymoon you always wanted.   No doubt what happened in Jamaica was my fault but I brought you to this place hoping I could make it up to you.   I don’t fight with you any more on any issues.  Is it the sex?  Is it because I won’t let you top me?”

“No, it’s nothing like that, Brian.  Regardless of all that shit I said to you in the kitchen, I would never try to pressure you into any sexual act that you’re totally uncomfortable with.  That would be no different than rape.”

“What is it then?  Is it the sex?  Are you still feeling like that’s the only thing I’m interested in when it comes to you?  It’s not.  It’s just that we are on our honeymoon right now.  However, when we return home and get back into the normal swing of things, you’ll see that…”

“I don’t mean to cut you off, Brian, but it has nothing to do with that either.”

“What then?  What specifically is not to your liking?”

“When I made that agreement with you I thought it would be so simple.  I thought it would be like playing house.”

“Isn’t that what it really is, Justin – so simple and just like playing house?  I’m not complaining any.”

“Maybe, you’re not today but what will it feel like a year from today and we really DO decide to divorce each other?”

“What do you mean really decide to the do the divorce?  We will divorce; that’s what makes it so simple, Justin, and the reason it’s not so complicated like it was the first time.  This time we know how it ends.  We don’t have the high expectation like we had the first time.  No real surprises here now.  That way we can’t possibly hurt each other; because we already know what to expect from each other.”

“Is it really still that simple to you, Brian?  I really thought so in the beginning.  Now I’m starting to have my doubts.”

“You don’t have to doubt anything, Justin.  Just stay the course, we’re doing just fine.”

“You really think so, Brian?”

“Yeah, I think so… and I think your problem is that you THINK too much.  Stop over thinking things and just relax with it… go with the flow.  The only way I can see us going wrong is that one of us reneges on the agreement – that is me cheating on you; or you deciding not do the joint accounts or refused to remove your name from all the accounts when our year is up.  I have no desire whatsoever to cheat on you, Justin?  Do you feel like you don’t want to hold true to your end of the bargain?”

“I have to hold true to my end of the bargain, Brian.  Because what I want most is to regain your trust.  However, it seems that evey day I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with you.  And, that seems to be the problem and the reason I'm so scared.”

Brian sighed heavily then.  A big part of him realized that Justin was right… it wasn’t so simple.  However, it was all that his insecurities would afford him for the moment.

Brian's phone rang just then.  He had forgotten to turn it off when he was on the plane making the arrangements to bring Justin to Britin.

“Who is it?”  Justin asked.

“It’s my father.”

“Don’t answer it.”

“What if it’s an extreme emergency?”

“Well, tell you what, Brian.  Don’t answer it; and I’m sure then he will leave you a voice message or a text, check the message or the text and determine from that whether or not it’s a big enough emergency that you should be bothered with it while you’re on your honeymoon.  This is mine and your special time together… nobody else’s.   Not one of my family members, friends or associates has left me one message.  The people in your life can stand to show you the same respect; and maybe you just ought to demand that respect from them?”

Brian then turned his phone off and flipped it closed.  He then got naked and lay on his stomach next to Justin and they lay there quietly and still until they both drifted off to sleep.