Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Chapter 3:  How Would You Know!

“So, I anticipate that dinner with the ex didn’t go too well... last night?”

“How the hell would you know it didn’t go well???!”  Brian snapped at his next door neighbor (who just happens to be one of his ex-boyfriends as well).  That ex-boyfriend [Michael Novotny] stood in the doorway of his own apartment and had accosted Brian in the hallway.  Brian had just returned home from work was getting off the elevator and heading across the hall to get to his own apartment.  

“I know usually when you go out with him, you either stay out all night with him (somewhere out there) or you bring him back here.  You came home pretty early last night and he wasn’t with you.”

“You’ve been spying on me, Michael!”  Brian blasted him.  “How do you even know I went out with Justin last night?”

“I’m just concerned, Brian,” Michael replied, but he avoided answering the tail end of Brian’s question.

“Sure… like you were when WE used to date!”  Brian sarcastically blasted him.  “You are no different than the rest of them.  All you (too) ever wanted from me was my money.”

“If that was true, Brian… would I have moved in next door to you after we broke up?”

“Well, maybe you wanted to stay within very close proximity to my money, Michael!” Brian sardonically snapped, “And, why not move in right next door to me… MY money definitely made it possible for you to afford rent inside this building… didn’t it?!!!”  Brian then got his door open, went inside and then slammed it shut. 

Michael thought he’d give Brian a few moments to simmer down and then he’ll go over and see if he could console him and probably get the ex-spouse off Brian’s mind (something he’d like to see become a permanent thing).