Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Chapter 2: Lying Can Go A long Way

“So, did you have dinner with him last night?”  Daphne Chanders, Justin’s best friend called him late the next morning while he sat in solitude at his kitchen table eating brunch and conversing on his cell with her.  “How did it go?”

“Horrible.”

“Horrible like in more of the same old same old… or some other kind of different horrible?”

“Probably worse than ever.”

“Uh-oh, what lie did you tell Brian this time, Justin!”

Justin sighed heavy before he answered.  “I told him there was someone else.”

“WHAT!  Justin, that was the worst FUCKING thing you could have done… damn it!  What prompted you to do that idiotic thing!  That was absolutely stupid!”

“Well… don’t you think I know that by now, Daph! But he made me so fucking angry when he I told him it was our anniversary and his only reaction was to sarcastically blurt out ‘what!’ and that was the moment that notion flew inside my head.  And when I finally said it, it almost came out of nowhere; and I didn’t know how to take it back.”

“It’s all your fault, Justin.”

“How is Brian’s insecurities all my fault, Daphne!”

“You have been lying to Brian and deceiving him from day one, Justin; and you’ve gotten so used to lying to Brian that you lie to him even when you don’t want to (on a whim).  It’s become a compulsion with you.  You should have been honest with him from the start and maybe you might have gained his trust.  I’ve been telling you that all a long, Jus.”

“His trust!  Like that is even possible.  Brian’s so self-conscious of people wanting him for nothing but his money that it’s impossible for anyone to convince him that they could ever want him for anything else.  I had to do what I did, or Brian would have never given me the time of the day what less married me.  I love him, Daph.  I did what I did because I was desperate for him.”

“Well, constantly lying to him, suing him for divorce and taking a good deal of his money, doesn’t help his insecurities any… does it?  And, this last lie you told, I don’t know how you going to swindle your way out of this one.  At least before, you were able to lure Brian back into your bed occasionally… you might have even messed that up now.”

“That was the problem, Daphne.  I got tired of him acting like I was no more than a prostitute to him… he virtually called me that a few times.”

“Brian called you a prostitute before?”

“Not in exact words, but he was always implying it and it hurt; and when I divorced him and he kept asking me out to dinner, I thought I was finally beginning to make some head-waves with him but all we would do is eat and then we’d go somewhere and fuck.  It wasn't much different than being married to him.”

“It’s still your fault… all the lies, Justin.”

“Come on, Daphne!  Give me a break… I wasn’t the only one lying.  Brian told the first lie and I just followed his lead.”

“Ever occurred to you that doing that wasn’t the best thing?”

“Hey!  It doesn’t occur to me NOW that doing what I did was not the best thing.  I’m still convinced if I had told Brian that I knew, he would have never got involved with me.  Regardless of how miserable it turned out, I did get married to the man and we were good for a little while.  I’ll do anything to get back those first few months of our marriage; and I told him that but he won’t listen to me.”

“That’s because he’s angry at you; and he doesn’t trust anything that comes out of your mouth, Justin, and making one bad decision and telling one new lie after the other don’t help to alleviate that anger and distrust any.  How do you think he’s going to feel when he learns you lied about having a new man in your life?  It will be more than just one more lie you told… it’s probably the worst of all.  Do you really think that is going to make him trust you any more?”

“You’re right, Daphne.  I’ve been messing up all over the place, but I thought that by now Brian would know how I feel.  Would you believe what he said to me last night that prompted me to say what I said?"

"What was it?"

"He asked to fuck me and I said no for once. That's when he practically told me, that he takes fucking me for granted.  And do you want to know what he last said to me before he walked out on me?  He said that I finally got what I wanted (his money that is) and it doesn’t surprise him one bit that (now that I got his money) I don’t want to fuck him anymore.”

“Hmm, I wonder what gave him that impression,” Daphne sarcastically stated.

“That’s not the point, Daph.  The point is that after Brian and I got a divorce and I continued to sleep with him WHENEVER HE ASKED, that should have been a hint to him that I truly loved him.  He practically said that himself when he accused me of taking his money and no longer wanting to fuck him.  So, if all I was after was his money why would I continue to sleep with him afterwards… did he ever even try to analyze that!”

“Maybe… and he came to the conclusion that in addition to his money you also liked his dick!  You did say he was the best sex you’d ever had.  Maybe he felt you wanted to have your cake and eat it too.”

“What I wanted was a husband that acknowledged something about me other than my body.  It seemed outside of the bedroom Brian had no other interest in me.  That’s why I divorced Brian in the first place, I thought it might shock him into listening to me for once.”

“Brian NOT listening to you and taking an interest in you, wasn’t always the case, Justin… was it?  There was a time when he took a big interest in you, but so much changed when Brian learned you lied to him that first time.”

“Daphne, this is becoming too mind bothersome… can we talk about something else… how’s your love life?”