Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 182 added Mon., 7/29/13

Chapter 182:  I Owe Him One 


 


            “Justin, you arrived, but where’s Clay, Pearl, and J.C.?  You didn’t make the trip alone, did you?”  Lindsay asked when she opened the door to Justin.


 


“Yeah, Lindsay and Mel; I came alone.  I figured since it would be such a short visit, there was no need to bring anyone with me.  Where’s Gus?”


 


“Here I am, Daddy-Justin!” Gus boisterously cheered as he came descending down the staircase and running vigorously to greet Justin.  “Want me to take your luggage upstairs, and unpack for you.”


 


“Sure you take the bag up for me.  It’s pretty light.  You get started and I’ll join you up there in a minute.”


 


“Sure, but where’s J.C., and Daddy-Clay?”


 


“Oh, they couldn’t make it.  Pearl’s taking care of J.C., and Clay is working as usual.”


 


“He’s always working.”


 


“I know Gus.  But go upstairs with my stuff now, and like I promised I’ll be up there in a minute to help you.”


 


“Okay,” Gus said like he given a big responsibility and then he hurried upstairs with Justin’s bag.


 


“You definitely traveled light this trip,” Melanie said, as she acknowledged exactly how small Justin’s duffel bag was.  “So, you certainly meant it when you said you’re be in and out.”


 


“Yeah.  I’m just in the Pitts long enough to retrieve those paintings and have them shipped to Paris.  However, I guess I’ll best take care of another matter that I’ve been aching to take care of for some time now but never got around to doing it.”


 


“What’s that?”


 


“I owe Old man Mister Theodore Schmidt a visit.”


 


“Theodore Schmidt?  Where did I hear that name before?”  Lindsay asked.


 


“He’s Brian’s CFO.  You met him before. He was the best man at Brian and Justin’s second wedding,” Melanie informed Lindsay, and she nodded.  Also, the lawyer recalled Ted from back when he was her go between helping to acquire Brian’s signature for the men’s second divorce.  “But Justin, what business dealings would you have with Brian’s CFO these days?”


 


“It’s strictly personal, Mel; and I’ll be paying him a visit at his job first thing Monday morning.”


 


Justin then hurried up the staircase to help Gus with the unpacking


 


*******


 


            “Umm… sweetheart, what did you say your name was again?”  Cynthia asked the new temporary worker.


 


“It’s Darlene.”


 


“Well Darlene, can I ask you to do me a really big favor?  Can you… FUCK!”


 


“Excuse me!”  Darlene grew absolutely appalled and scolded at Cynthia.


 


“No… no… no I wasn’t saying that to you.  I was saying it to HIM instead!”  Cynthia informed her, as she looked passed the temp’s shoulder.


 


“Who’s he?”  Darlene turned around and looked at the very handsome and debonair man getting off the elevator.  He was adorned in a black suit, white dress shirt and red tie, and the word “FUCK” came to her mind too but for an all different reason, as she licked her lips she find him to be so deliciously appealing.


 


“Brian Kinney!”  Cynthia yelled out to her old boss and answered the temp in the same voice.  “Is it really you, Boss?  I just can’t fucking believe that you’re back!”


 


“It’s definitely me, Cyn… and in the flesh.”


 


“Darlene dear,” Cynthia then whispered lowly to the temp.  “Put your tongue back in your mouth, honey.  He’s gay.”


 


“Oh,” she spoke just as softly as Cynthia, retrieved her tongue, and was quite disappointed to learn that. 


 


Brian then rushed up to Cynthia and planted a really wet one on her jaw.


 


“Oh my God!  I still can’t believe you’re back!  And no one told me.”


 


“I made Theodore swear the secrecy, Cynthia.”


 


“Why?  Were you trying to give me a heart attack or caused me to pee on myself?”


 


“Oh, doesn’t look like you’re doing either, Cynthia.”


 


“Well, if I ever doubted I had a bad heart or weak bladder, I definitely know the answer now.  Apparently your great medical plan, has kept me in tiptop shape, Brian; and I see it worked a miracle for you.  You look so FUCKING AND GREAT!  Like the poster boy of good health, actually.”


 


“Thank you for that, Cynthia; and good to hear you’re in such good health too, because I’m back now and I will be working you into a coma.”


 


“I see old times are definitely back.  But don’t YOU think for one moment that I haven’t been working to the bone during your absence.  In fact, I think Ted got you beat.  He’s even more of a slave driver than you were.  But I’m not complaining any.  I actually LOVE this job; and now that my old boss in action, I’ll only LOVE it more.”


 


“Good and once I’m back inside the saddle you can prove that to me; and speaking of the saddle – has Theodore cleared out my office yet?”


 


“How would I know?  I’ve definitely been kept in the dark, Brian.”


 


“Well, I’ll check it out for myself, Cynthia.”


 


“Brian.”


 


“Yeah?”


 


“Welcome back, Boss.  You were deeply missed.  I can’t express that enough.”


 


“Thanks, Cyn.  It’s good to be back.”


 


“Hi,” the temp said to Brian.


 


“Hello and welcome.  Whoever you are,” Brian said sardonically and then hurried over to his gravely missed office.  He got the door opened and no Ted.  He then scurried over to his desk and flopped down on his throne and everything looked just he had left it inside his office.


 


“Place certainly needs a facelift,” Brian said to himself and already he was thinking about how to remodel the office; and he sat there at his desk reacquainting himself with his old familiar surroundings when he got the urge to get up and go take a pee.


 


 


            “Oh my God!  I can’t believe it!  Is this a full pledge reunion or what?”


 


“Just as thrilled to see you too, Cynthia.  It’s been ages.  How are you doing?”


 


“I’m really good, and it’s so nice as well as an instant shock to see you too, and I guess he must be expecting you?”


 


“No I don’t think he is, and I rather you not inform him either, because I want it to be a very delightful surprise to him, because I haven’t seen him since I last saw you.”


 


“Oh?”  Cynthia thought that couldn’t be true, but who was she to dispute anything her boss’s ex-husband might say to her.


 


“You know I love to chat further with you, Cynthia.  But I’m in a really big rush.  So, I’m going to rush over to his office now, because this just can’t wait.  So, catch you later, Cynthia.”


 


Justin then hurried over to the CEO’s office to confront Theodore Schmidt.


 


“Later, Justin,” Cynthia greeted him, as she thought to herself, as she watched Justin march over to Brian’s office.  “Hmmm, that’s quite interesting considering they both are married to someone else these days.  However, that just isn’t any of my business.”


 


She then resumed her work.


 


*****


 


 


“Hey! Where are you, Theodore?”  Justin asked when he arrived inside Kinnetic Enterprises CEO’s office but no one was sitting at the desk.  He then walked over to the bathroom door and shouted, “Ted!  Are you in there!”  He then balled a fist and lifted his hand to knock on the door, but before he could even hit the door, it opened and its occupant grabbed Justin’s fist and held it inside his hand to prevent him from hitting him in the face.


 


“Oh fuck!”  Justin shockingly exclaimed.  “Brian, what the hell!”  He then shouted.


 


“Justin!”  Brian shouted back at him, as he held tightly to Justin’s fist.