Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 172 added /sat, 7/20/13

172:  Heading Back Home


 


 


            “Briannnn… finally, you called!”  His ex-therapist Robert robustly greeted his ex-client over their cells; and Brian could really hear the cheerfulness in his voice, and it made Brian feel a lot more upbeat.  “How’re you doing, and what’s up?  How did it work out for you in Paris?  Are you still there?  Did you get to see your son… and Justin… how did things go with him?” Then the pitch in the therapist’s voice turned rather sober, as he asked,  “Did you get to see your ex at all, Brian, and did things at least end on a friendly note?”


 


“Well, just maybe if you let me get a word or two in, Robert, I can answer at least one of those questions for you.”


 


“Oh?  Forgive my eagerness, Bri, but what IS the good word… if any?”


 


“Well, first of all… I’m no longer in Paris; I’m not even in Europe anymore.  As we speak, I’m in my jet flying home back to New York, and my head pilot just notified me that he’s landing this baby at LaGuardia in less than fifteen minutes.  Answer to your second question:  yes… I did see my Sonny-boy Gus; and that visit was just FABULOUS.”


 


“Congratulations on that.  That’s just great – really happy for you, Brian.”


 


“Thanks, Shemar.”


 


“And Justin… how did things go there, Brian?  So sorry you had to walked right smack into that surprise like that.  I knew that Jensen was out of the picture, so I took for granted that only cleared an open path for you to just move right on in there.  Sorry, I was wrong.  Kind of feel really guilty about that though, and like I’m responsible in a way.  Maybe had I told you early on that Jensen was out of the picture, you could have started pursuing Justin a lot earlier and before he met someone else, and…”


 


“Don’t worry about it.  Maybe it’s all for the best, and there’s nothing I can do about that now.”  Brian sighed heavily “Hey, you win some and you lose some… and it’s been almost three years now since Justin and I were divorced… life certainly goes on… and we all must move on.”


 


“So true.  So what is the WALKING man going to do now?  Are you coming back to New York City and taking the Big Apple by storm, Brian, now that you can walk again?”


 


“On the contrary actually, Shemar!  I’m about to WALK OUT of New York, actually.”


 


“What?”


 


“Well, Harry and Rosalind have already moved back to Pittsburgh with Ted, and Kinnetic Enterprises headquarters is there, and basically all my family and friends (what few I still have left) are there too, and I’ll want to be as close to my son Gus (as possible).  So for me that’s where all the action is, I suppose.”


 


“But isn’t that also where Justin is as well?”


 


“I don’t think he lives there anymore, Robert.  I kind of get the impression that Justin is going to take up permanent residents in Paris with his new husband.  Everyone tells me that he owns that house.”


 


“Oh, I guess then moving back to the Pitts makes a whole lot of sense for you then.  New York is certainly going to miss you though… well at least I am going to miss having you here.”


 


“Hey, why don’t you and I hook up one day soon,” Brian extended an invitation to Robert, “And…?”


 


“And do what – help you pack?”  Robert kidded.


 


“Yeah, that too,” Brian laughed.  “But maybe you and I can hit the town together – hang out at a club or somewhere?  I haven’t seen any of New York’s nightlife yet, and I really need to unwind right now.”


 


“I bet.  It’s a date then, and I’ll definitely see you at Ted and Harry’s wedding (in a month’s time).  So Brian, call me when you’re ready.  Bye for now though – later.”


 


“Later, Shemar.  I’ll be calling you.”


 


Brian then disconnected with Robert, got his laptop out and searched for a realty agency’s number – the same company that manages the upkeep of Britin for him. 


 


“Hello?”  The broker answered.


 


“Hello, My name’s Mr. Brian Kinney, and I’ve done business with you in the past, and I’m in the market to unload a couple of apartments, but acquire a new one,” Brian started out introducing himself, and then he told the realtor the particulars that he was looking for in a new apartment, and they made an appointment to meet the very next day; and at the conclusion of the conversation, Brian asked for Troy’s number.  He was the ranch hand who directly took care of Britin for him.


 


Brian called him immediately after.


 


“Mr. Kinney!”  The ranch hand voiced excitedly.  “Hello, sir.  It’s been a really long time.  It’s so very good to hear from you.  Heard about your accident.  So sorry that happened to you.  So, how are you doing, sir?”


 


“Certainly has been a while, Troy; and don’t even mention that accident.  That’s definitely old news.  So… umm… how’s my ranch in West Virginia?  How’s Ms. Britin looking these days?”


 


“She’s as beautiful as she’s always been.  I haven’t slacked one bit on the upkeep, sir.”


 


“Good, good… thank you for that.  Can you air her out a bit, and then open her up for me?  I’ll be heading that way very soon.”


 


“Good, and how long do you plan to stay, and how many other people should I prepare for?”  Troy figured there would be least one additional person, because a quadriplegic would no doubtingly need someone there to take care of him.  So, he was really stunned by Brian’s reply.


 


“It’s just me, Troy; and the answer to the other part of your question is:  I’m staying indefinitely.  Britin is about to become my primary residence – my new home.”


 


Immediately after that call ended, Brian called Ted’s residence, and his cousin Rosalind answered the land phone.   “Brian!”  She was so excited to hear his voice.  “Are you back home from your trip to Europe yet?”


 


“Just about – my jet should be landing at LaGuardia any moment now.”


 


“Wonderful!  Everybody terribly misses you.”


 


“Roz, I haven’t even been gone for a full week.”


 


“Are you heading out here to the Pitts, any time soon?  You’re definitely coming to Ted and daddy’s wedding… aren’t you?”


 


“Sure, wouldn’t miss it for the world.  Actually I’m moving out of New York and back to that area.”


 


“Are you going to live in the same place with my two dads and me again?”


 


“Fuck no.  Now let me speak to the two men in the house.”