Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter added Wed, 5/30/12

Chapter 17:  That Silk, White Scarf Makes You Look Like a Billion Bucks!

 

“So, Boss!”  Ted was inside Brian’s living room, at the mini-bar, helping himself to a drink while Brian was in the bedroom getting dress for the ceremony.  “Bri, are you sure you want to take this plunge again?” Ted playfully teasingly called out to him.

 

“Ted, come in the bedroom for a sec,” Brian ordered him, “And tell me what you think?”

 

“Well, how do I look?”  Brian asked when Ted got there.

 

Ted smiled hearty at him.  “Perfect, for the exception of just one major detail.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“That tie can certainly be readjusted.  Looks like your (five-year-old) son Gus did you the honors.  Let me get that for you.”

 

“Please do, Theodore… please do.”

 

Ted then undid Brian’s tie and retied it for him.  He saw immediately when he came inside the room what a sloppy job Brian and done for himself.  Brian never did answer Ted’s earlier question though, so he took the liberty to answer it himself.  “Sure you do want to take this plunge again, if for no other reason but because your blushing new spouse-to-be is just as HOT this time around as he was at the first wedding.  You BOTH are the luckiest men alive, actually.  However, Brian Kinney is the most stable business tycoon I ever met.  He’s always in total control in that aspect.  Always dot all his i’s, cross his t’s, and not a wrinkle on him, or hair out of place.  However, when it comes to affairs of the heart, it’s a totally different story there altogether.  He’s a totally dysfunctional retard there.  Here you are on your wedding day and you can’t even handle the simple task of tying your own tie.”

 

“Did I hear you correctly?  Did you see Justin this morning?”  Brian asked, and Ted nodded.  “Please tell me, Emmett De Lorenta did not dress him in a long white wedding gown?” Brian fretted.  “However, it just might serve Justin right if he had.  Would you believe the little twat, avoided seeing me for the last couple of days.  He says we’ll cherish each other more during the honeymoon if we took a couples days’ break from each other… crock of shit I say.”

 

“Well, actually I think there’s some truth and validity in that, Brian.  And, no Emmett did not dress Justin in white.  He looks just as elegant in his black tux this time around as he did the first time you got married. 

 

“Well, good… the last thing I want is a simulated heterosexual wedding.  I hate it when I see some gay couples simulate a hetero wedding by making one person dress like a bride and other like the groom.  It’s like reiterating breeders claim that marriage should only be between a man and woman.  Today this is a man-on-man affair and I don’t want anyone mistaken it for anything else.”

 

“I second that notion, Brian. But, I’m curious about something though.”

 

“Curious about what?”

 

“Will any of your family members be at the ceremony this time around?  If I recalled correctly, none were there the first time Justin and you got married.”

 

“You recall correctly, Theodore.  And nobody will be there this time either.   My parents, sibling and my nephews already RVSP that they would be a big NO SHOW this time as well.  Justin sent them all invites.  I warned him though, and told him to not even bother this time but he insisted.”

 

“Sorry about that, Brian.”

 

“Sorry’s bullshit, Ted.  Besides today’s Justin and mine wedding; and this is no time for feeling sorry about anything.  We have to cherish fine moments like this because we don’t know how soon this marriage might come crashing down.”

 

“Hey!  What happened to no pessimism on a day like this… try fulfilling your own request sometimes, Brian?  And, besides at least your son’s will be there with both his mommies.  So, on the contrary… some family will be there for you.”

 

“Well but, one of them could have chosen to be absent, for all I care.”                                                              

 

“You and Melanie… I gather there’s still no love loss there, huh?”

 

Brian shrugged, “She’s still pissed because I refused to sign over my parental rights to her.  However, when it comes right down to it, my boy might be the only real person that is unpretentiously loyal to me.  Why would I want to do anything to put that at risk!   Melanie can make her own damn kid, if she really wants one.”

 

“I’m loyal, to you,” Ted told Brian.

 

“You are PAID to be that way.”

 

“Sure, Brian, but somehow I think you underestimate how many people, in your life, are (to use your word) UNPRETENTIOUSLY loyal to you.”

 

Brian then looked inside the mirror again to get one last final look at himself before meeting his new spouse-to-be at the altar.   “Are you really sure I look good?”  He asked Ted.  “And, what do you think this silky, white scarf does for me?”  Brian tugged at both ends of the scarf he had draped upon his shoulders.

 

“You look absolutely DIVINE, Boss,” Ted answered him.  “And that silk scarf is a great accessory… the perfect touch… your unique style even.”

 

“You’re right! I would even fuck me!”  Brian proudly and profoundly announced.  “Justin will probably get a hard-on the moment he and I lock hands at the altar.”

 

“That’s really good, Boss; now ready, to get out there and meet your soon-to-be-spouse at THAT altar?” 

 

“Ready,” Brian nodded and sighed heavily.

 

“Well, congratulations, ahead of time, and good luck to Justin and you, Boss, AGAIN.  I truly hope its forever this time.”

 

Brian looked at Ted with an expression, his loyal accountant couldn’t decipher. 

 

“Thanks, Theodore,” he then said; but Brian was actually thanking Ted for much more than just that.  And, Ted quickly caught on to that but he was smart enough to let his boss think whatever he wants.

 

The two men then started to exit Brian’s apartment and head over to the outdoor ceremony site, but Brian had to check his look in the mirror just one more time.

 

 “How do I look again, Ted?”  Brian primped inside the mirror.

 

“Like a billion bucks, Boss.”

 

“Only a billion… you sell me short, Ted?”

 

“You sell yourself short, Brian.  At least when it comes to the affairs of the heart, but you don’t seem to in any other area, so I’ll give you that.  However in time, you will learn better… we all do?  Now, let’s go get you married… AGAIN!”