Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 167 added, Tues., 5/21/13

 

Chapter 167:  I Gotta Piss

 

            “Michael!”  Lindsay exclaimed expressing her surprise, as she opened the door to him at the rented apartment where the entire gang was staying during their short stretch in Berlin on Justin's tour. 

 

Lindsay hadn't anticipated seeing Michael there at that junction.  “What are you doing back here so soon?  We didn’t expect you to fly out here until next week.  Didn’t you say that you wanted to stay in Paris a little while and spend some time with Debbie and Carl first before joining us out here?”

 

“Yeah, but I got so many really great ideas for the comic book that Justin and I are working on that I just couldn’t wait to bounce my shit off on Justin,” Michael said all enthusiastically.

 

“Sure, but Justin’s not here in Berlin – remember?   Clay and he are honeymooning in Munich.  They aren’t due back here until sometime next week.”

 

“Oh, fuck!  I just plum forgot,” Michael lied.  “Well, I’m here now.  I just as well stay,” he said, as he pushed pass Lindsay and rushed inside with his luggage.

 

Lindsay just shook her head and sighed heavily, and wondered what could Michael Novotny possibly be up to.

 

******

 

            “Hi, Justin," Jennifer answered her cell and greeted her son all cheerful like, "And how’s the honeymoon going?  I’m surprise you’re calling me this soon.  You never called me whenever you were on any of those honeymoons with Brian.  Your marriage with the doc isn’t on the brinks already… is it?”

 

“Funny, mom.”  Justin decided not to get upset with her but instead allow himself be humored by her callous teasing.  “But no! I’d like to assure you that Clay and I are hardly headed for divorce court already.  But instead, our honeymoon was cut short on the account of his job.  He had to urgently fly to Brussels to operate on a patient.  So, I’m heading over to Berlin where Lindsay and the rest of the gang are.  That is as soon as I can get packed and get a flight out of here,” Justin agitatingly vexed, and then he further informed his mother, “Clay left yesterday and he’s in Brussels already, and I thought I’d be in Berlin by now but I just can’t seem to get a flight out of here.”

 

“Oh, sorry to hear that your honeymoon was cut short like that, Justin.”

 

“Not as sorry as I am, but I guess that is just one of the woes of being married to a surgeon.  I guess I just as well get used to it now.”

 

“But he’s not the only surgeon – couldn’t the hospital had just called someone else instead?”

 

“That’s what Clay and I had said.  However, they called Clay in to do it becasue it's a new type of surgical procedure, and he just happens to be one of few doctors on the planet who are actually skilled enough to do that operation.”

 

“Oh, well that’s a bummer after all.”

 

“Definitely is; but have you heard from Molly and her doc yet?”  Justin casually asked.

 

“No, and I suppose that’s a good thing,” Jennifer chuckled. “But I’m so sorry though your honeymoon had to be cut short.”

 

“Thanks, mom, but Clay promised to make it up to me whenever.  Oh, by the way, how’s grandma doing?”

 

“She’s good.  Did you doubt she wouldn’t be?  She’s such a tough cookie.  Already, she's as good as new and has completely bounced back to her usual self.”

 

“Wonderful!  Now be sure to tell her never to mix alcohol with her prescription drugs ever again, and that I’ll be calling her sometime later on today.”

 

“I’m way ahead of you, Justin.  I gave her that lecture already – several people did.”

 

“Thanks, mom.  You’re the greatest; but wow, I have a call coming through right now, and it's Clay, so regretably I’m going to have to cut our conversation short, mom.”

 

“Okay, Justin.  Bye and kissy, kissy, kissy.”

 

“Same to you too, mom.”  Justin made kissing noises back at her, ended the call with her and then connected with his new husband.  “Clay?”

 

“Hi there, Love.  I’m just calling to let you know that I made it okay to the hospital in Brussels, and in about a half hour from now I’ll be going inside the operating room.   But I’m missing my new hubby terribly though.”

 

“I’m missing you too.”

 

“I supposed you are in Berlin now?”  Clay assumed.

 

“No, not yet,” Justin surprised him with that answer.  “Turns out all flights were completely booked, so I couldn’t immediately get one out of here; but I asked the airline to put me on standby just in case of any cancellations.  They promised to contact me right away in the event someone cancels and a seat does become available; and besides, all the flights are connecting ones, so even if had gotten on a plane, I wouldn't likely be in Berlin this soon."

 

“Oh, well don’t be bored while you wait for the airline to contact you.  Go ahead and do by yourself some of things that we had planned to do as a couple.  No reason to let the trip to Munich become a total waste."

 

“Yeah, I guess you’re right; so until I can get a flight out of here, I’ll do exactly that, but I assure you it won’t be as much fun without you here to share it with me.”

 

“I know, Justin.  I feel the same way.  Oh, what a bummer our honeymoon had to be cut short like this,” Clay said, and then he started to whine, “Sweetheart, I got to get off the phone now and rush to a meeting where some other doctors are going to brief me on my new patient’s pre-surgery condition.  So, you and I won’t speak again until after I’ve done the operation.”

 

“Later then,” Justin said, “And I love you, Clay.”

 

“Love you too, Justin.  Bye.” 

 

Clay then hurried over to that meeting, and Justin hopped up out of bed and got dressed, and the artist was about make a phone call to arrange for a tour guide to take him sightseeing, but just then his cell rang, and it was the airline calling to notiify Justin that a seat on the plane had just become available.

 

“Thanks!  I’ll take that seat!” Justin exuberantly replied to the ticket agent, “And I’m heading out immediately, and I will get to the airport as soon as I can, so HOLD that seat for me!  Don’t you dare give it to anyone else.”

 

Justin then called Clay back, but his husband had already turned his cell off (like he usually does) just before going into surgery, so Justin left him a message informing him that he was offered a seat, and was heading back to Berlin, immediately.

 

*******

 

            “Hey there,” another physician [Dr. William Hammerstein] called out to Clay and got his attention just moments after the surgeon had concluded his meeting and was on his way to prep for the O.R. 

 

“Dr. Hammerstein, what are you doing here?” Clay greeted the other doctor, and he was quite stunned to see William and the Chief of Surgery [Alfred Spencer] approaching him.  “But… umm… couldn’t you have…”

 

“Sorry Clay,” Alfred immediately started apologizing.  “I had problems reaching William at first, but I finally got a hold of him, and he agreed to come do the surgery.”

 

“Crap!  Al,” Clay blasted the chief.  “Couldn’t you have told me that William was available and could do the surgery, before I forfeited my honeymoon and made the unnecessary trip out here!”

 

“I’m sorry, Clay, but up until just a moment ago, I wasn’t able to reach William,” Alfred honesty told him.

 

“It’s true, Clay,” Dr. Hammerstein backed up the chief’s claim.  “He only got me on my cell moments ago.  I only got here this soon because, coincidentally, I was already inside my  car on my way over here anyway when I got Al’s call; but I’ll be glad to take the job off your hands and perform the operation, so you can rush back to your new spouse and resume your honeymoon.”

 

“Thanks, William,” Clay expressed with utter gratititude.  “Thank you both,” he then said to the chief.

 

“You’re welcome,” they chorused, and then Dr. Hammerstein rushed away to converse with the same medical staff that Clay had met with earlier.

 

Clay then got on his cell to call Justin but saw his message first, which he listened to, and he then called Justin back but didn’t get any answer.

 

“Huff, crap!” Clay sighed frustratingly, figuring that his new husband didn't answer because he probably boarded the plane back to Berlin already. 

 

“Is everything alright, Clay?”  Al asked concernedly.  “You will be able to resume your honeymoon – won’t you?  You know under these specific circumstances I can have you flown back to Munich.  There’s a helicopter on the roof now that you can use.  It'll save you a lot of time getting back there, you know.”

 

“Yeah, that’s great… only my husband is no longer in Munich.  He called me a while ago and said he was about to board a plane to Berlin.  I’m sure he’s gotten on it by now.”

 

“Oh that’s no problem, the pilots can very well take you to Berlin, if you wish.”

 

“Really?”  Clay gratefully expressed.  “That would be just GREAT!  I should arrive there just around about the same time as my spouse, and you know something?”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“I was just thinking that maybe I shouldn’t call ahead and tell my spouse that I’m on my way back right now after all.  He’ll be so excited when I walk in unexpectedly on him that it'll be a jolly delightful surprise.  Actually, I can’t think of a better wedding present or a better way to make up this honeymoon fiasco to him.  What do you thing?”

 

“Sounds really romantic to me, Clay,” Al said with a smile, and literally slapped Clay on the back.  “Go for it, doc!”

 

“I will,” Clay chuckled and smiled hearty, and then he hurried to the roof to board that copter that would take him to Berlin; and he couldn’t wait to surprise his husband.

 

*******

 

            “You go ahead and enjoy your day off, Pearl,” Michael was trying to persuade the nanny to leave, so he could hurry up and sneak Brian in to see his son.  “I’d look after J.C. and Gus until Lindsay comes back," he offered.

 

“I’m not so sure about that, Michael.  I’m still responsible for them,” Pearl lightly protested.  “Usually on my day off I won't leave the boys unless Justin or one of the women [Lindsay or Melanie] are around."

 

“It’s no big deal, Pearl.  They’ll be okay in my care.  I’ll just be here working on the comic book like I usually do.  However, if it makes you feel better you can call Lindsay at the gallery and ask her if it’s okay for you to leave the boys here with me? I’m almost certain she'll be absolutely fine with it.”

 

Michael felt pretty sure about that, and even though he knew Lindsay might not like it, she’s probably busy enough at the gallery that she might agree to it anyway.  He crossed a couple of fingers as he watched Pearl make the call.

 

“Thank you, Lindsay,” Michael heard Pearl say when she ended the call, and he felt confident that Gus’s mother had said yes, and that Brian would finally get to see his son.

 

“Well?  What did she say?”  Michael asked anxiously.

 

“She said it’s okay for me to leave the boys with you, but she suggested that you and I should exchange cell numbers though; so, you call me if I need to rush back here for any reason.”

 

“I definitely will, Pearl.  But don’t worry.  The boys will stay inside with me and I’m aware of their usual routine, so I’ll let them go about doing what it is they usually do.  Therefore I don’t anticipate any problems or emergencies occurring.  However, a little later on today, I just might take them out for a bite to eat though.”

 

“Okay, I guess that’s alright but make sure the boys don’t get in the way of moving traffic when you cross the street with them, and don’t let them eat too much junk food.”

 

“I won’t, and don’t you worry about a thing, Pearl.”

 

Michael then rushed Pearl out of the door, shut it behind her, and then he called Brian on his cell.

 

“Brian, it’s me… Michael.  Are you still sitting outside the building inside your rental?”

“Yeah, I’m still out here waiting, Michael.”

 

“Good!  All the adults are gone, and the coast is finally clear – it’s just the two little boys and me now.  So, come on up and finally see your son, Brian.”

 

“I’ll be right up, Michael,” Brian said followed by a sigh of relief, and then he exited the car and energetically hurried up to is ex-husband’s apartment to meet with his son.

 

 

“Hey,” Michael opened the door to Brian.  “I’m sure you’d want to be alone with Gus.  So, I’m going to sneak out of here with J.C. and take him out for lunch, and then to the park or somewhere and get him some ice cream.  So, J.C. and I will be gone for awhile… most of the afternoon.  We'll be back around dinner time actually, and that should give you plenty of alone-time with your son, Brian.  I don’t expect any of the other adults back until sometime late night, and the nanny might not come back until tomorrow.  She usually stays in a hotel on her day off.”

 

“Thanks, Michael.”

 

“You’re welcome, Brian, and you don’t have to thank me.  I already told you that I'd do anything to make up for my past aggressions.  You just name it and I’ll do it.  So, see you later, and have a really good time with Gus.  He’s inside his bedroom now playing a video game.”  Michael pointed him in the right direction, “But he has no idea that you were coming here today.  He's going to be so happy and surprise."

 

“I certainly hope so, but later, Michael."

 

"Later, Bri."

 

Brian then scurried over to Gus’s room and pecked on the door, while Michael collected J.C. and exited the apartment him.

 

 

“Who is it?  Come in,” Brian heard his son’s lively voice command.

 

“Shittt,” Brian mumbled nervously to himself at the sound of that sweet and innocent voice, as he realized it’s been almost three years since he last saw his son.   Gus was about six and a half years old back then… and now he’s closer to ten.

 

“Come in,” Gus echoed once more.

 

Brian then took a deep breath, let it out, and then opened the door, and his heart nearly leapt out of his chest when he saw his son sitting on the bed with the game remote in his hand and looking away from the video on screen and directly at him instead.  Brian was amazed at how much Gus had grown.

 

“Ohhh,” Gus said, as his eyes grew wide, and his mouth gaped open, and for the exception of screeching out just that one word, he was otherwise speechless.

 

“Gus!”

 

“Daddy!” Gus started sobbing loudly and uncontrollably, as he then leapt from the bed and ran over to his father and embraced him, and Brian cried just as hard.  “You’re finally came home!”

 

“Gus!”  Brian sobbed even louder, as he gathered his son in arms and smothered him (all over his head, face, neck and hands) in kisses.  “Ohhh, I love and miss you so much.” 

 

“I love you and miss you too, daddy,” Gus declared as he kissed his father, and that tickled Brian because his son’s kisses were so sloppy wet and soft.  That tenderness brushing across his face was like something sent from heaven stroking him.  “I love you, daddy,” Gus piteously cried.  “Thanks for finally coming back home to us!”

 

“I love you too, Sonny-boy.”

 

“Sonny-boy, daddy,” Gus giggled, as he withdrew his chin from his father’s shoulder and gazed into his father's orbs, “Nobody calls me that anymore, daddy.”

 

“I still do, Gus,” Brian said with so much convention, as he smiled joyously and affectionately at his son.  “I’ll always call you that.”  Brian said as he started smothering Gus in kisses again, and his son kept kissing him back.  “Oh, I love and miss you so much, Gus!”

 

“I miss and love you so much too, daddy.’

 

It seemed the two males couldn’t get enough of kissing, touching, crying all over each other, and saying I miss and love you.

 

They did that repeatedly until Brian and Gus got over the initial shock of seeing each other.   Brian then sat comfortably on Gus’s bed and settled his son down on his left leg, and they kept one arm draped around each other while they had a wonderful time just laughing and chitchatting (getting reacquainted with each other).

 

“Did you come back home because you’re not sick anymore?”  Gus asked.  “You don’t look like you’re sick, daddy?”

 

“You’re right, Gus.  I’m not sick anymore.”

 

“So, you really kept your promise then,” Gus noted with a smile.

 

“Of course, I did.  I’ll never break a promise to you… ever.”

 

“I knew you wouldn’t; and I won’t break any promises to you either, daddy.”

 

“That’s just fabulous, Gus.  I’m so proud of you, son,” Brian praised, as he marveled over his son, “And, it’s hard to get over how big you’ve actually grown; but things are really going great for you, aren't they?  I mean, we haven’t spoke in over two weeks, so I wasn’t quite sure anymore?”

 

“Everything is really good, daddy,” Gus cheered, “Especially since you're back home now.”

 

“Thanks, Gus,” Brian kissed his forehead, “I'm so happy to see you too.”

 

“Daddy, now that you’re back home, I have a REALLY BIG family now,” Gus boasted.  “I have one brother, two mommies, and counting you, I now have three daddies… and I have three grandmothers too!   I have Grandma-Jennifer, Grandma-Viola, and Grandma-Debbie.  Oh," Gus slightly whined,  "I just have only one grandfather though.”

 

“Oh?  Did Grandpa-Peterson finally come around, son?”  Brian asked, recalling that Lindsay’s parents was as distant to his son as Brian's parents.

 

“No.  I don’t know my mommy’s father.  I was talking about Grandpa-Carl.  He’s Grandma-Debbie’s husband.”

 

“Oh?”  Brian chuckled,  “Debbie got married to someone named Carl?”

 

“Yeah.  You know him, daddy.”

 

“I do?”  Brian lightly pondered.

 

“Yeah, he was the judge at Justin and your wedding.”

 

“Judge Carl Horvath!  Debbie married that Carl,” Brian giggled.  “Amazing.”

 

“Huh-huh,” Gus affirmed.

 

“Old Deb managed to land herself a prominent judge.  Well, good for her.”

 

Gus just slightly laughed at Brian’s comment, while Brian took a moment and gazed in silence at his son.  He was really amazed at Gus’s outlook on things.  He realized then that his son was becoming older and was maturing some, and therefore was coming into his independence; so he wasn't as upset had he had been about them not talking over the last few days. 

 

“Gus, you’re becoming one very well-adjusted kid, I see,” Brian complimented his son.

 

“Thank you, daddy, whatever that is supposed to mean,” Gus giggled.

 

Brian chuckled, and said, “It’s a good thing, Gus.”

 

“You coming home to us, daddy, is a REALLY good thing too.  Having you back home is the very best thing.  I can't wait until Daddy-Justin sees you!”

 

“Up-oh.  Umm, Gus…”

 

“Daddy,” Gus asked concernedly when he realized that all the extra bedrooms inside Justin’s large rented apartment were occupied.  “Where are you going to sleep?”

 

“Umm, Gus…”

 

“Hey, daddy!  You can sleep in this room with my little brother J.C. and me.  I sleep in this bed, and J.C. sleeps in that other one; but these beds are really big, so you can share my bed.”

 

“Oh,” Brian simply nodded, and that mere statement spoke heaps about Gus’s understanding (or lack of understanding) about adult relationships; so, that made Brian even more curious about what people had told his son about Justin and his breakup, especially since he remarried.

 

“Umm, Gus?”

 

“Yes, daddy?”

 

“Just out of curiosity, who’s your new dad, and how much do you like him?”  Brian asked, hoping that question might lead to Gus telling him what he really wanted to know.

 

“He’s Daddy-Clay, and he’s a doctor.  He operates on people, and I love him.”

 

“Oh, you do?”  Brian shrugged his shoulders, and he felt more jealous of Justin's new husband than ever.

 

“Yeah, he saved J.C.’s life, and Grandma-Viola’s life too, and he married Daddy-Justin.”

 

“Hmm,” Brian simply muttered.  “He married Daddy-Justin, huh?”

 

“Yeah, they are on their honeymoon now,” Gus dropped his head, and looked a little solemn just then. 

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?”  Brian soothingly asked, and Gus then looked up at him again.

 

“Everybody told me that Daddy-Justin and Daddy-Clay got married because you left Daddy-Justin because you got sick and thought that you would never get better again; and then you got a divorce so Daddy-Justin could find another husband – one who wasn’t so sick.  Is that true, daddy?”

 

“Yeah, it’s true, Sonny-boy.  There was a time I thought I’ll always be sick; but I know now that I was wrong.  I’m completely healed now.”

 

“And now you’ve come back home to us,” Gus cheerfully roared, and that impelled him to ask, “Like people can have more than one mommy and daddy, can they have more than one husband too?”

 

Brian chuckled, for he understood exactly what his son was suggesting with that statement.  “Unfortunately not,” Brian answered him honestly; “A person can only have one wife or husband at time, Gus; so Justin has Clay as his husband right now… not me anymore.”

 

“Ohhh,” Gus disappointedly groaned, "But do you think Daddy-Clay would give Daddy-Justin back to you if you asked him to?"

 

“No," Brian answered him honestly.

 

"Why not?"

 

"Because it just simply doesn't work that way, Gus, and that also means that I can’t live in the same house with Justin and his new husband.”

 

“Why not?”  Gus asked.

 

“Umm, it just the way things are, Gus,” Brian's eyes fluttered, as he tried to explain it in the most simple terms.  “It’s an adult thing, actually; and a kid like you won’t completely understand until you yourself finally becomes an adult.  So, for now, don’t you worry about it – let us adults figure it out among ourselves.”

 

“Okay daddy, but if you don’t live with us, where are you going to live?”

 

“Where I’m living now, Gus.  I have my own place.”

 

“Oh, and are you going to get a new husband like Daddy-Justin did?”

 

“I don’t think so, Gus.  Daddy-Justin is a really tough act to follow.  But enough about that,” Brian abruptly changed the subject.  “What’s this video game you’re playing here?  Let’s play it together,” Brian suggested.  Gus then located another remote and gave it to his father, and they played for a while, and the little boy was winning the game.

 

“Oh, you’re too good for me,” Brian whined like a defeatist at some point.  “But Gus, I need you to do me a favor… make me a promise about something.”

 

“Sure, daddy, what’s that?”

 

“Gus, can you NOT tell anyone that I came here and visited you today?”

 

“Why not, daddy… not even Daddy-Justin?  But everyone will be glad you’re not sick anymore.”

 

“Yeah, I know, but I would prefer that I be the one to tell everyone.  So, can you promise me that, Gus?”

 

“Yeah, daddy.  I promise I won’t tell anyone.”

 

“Good boy,” Brian said, and then he stayed by his son's side attempting to re-establishing that close bond they once had.

 

*******

 

            “Brian,” Michael called out his name, as he walked inside the boy’s bedroom with a slumbering J.C. in his arms.  He then walked over and lay the sleeping child down on the other bed in the room.

 

“Brian and Gus did you two really enjoy your time together?”  Michael considerately asked.

 

“We sure did, Uncle Mikey,” Gus delightfully cheered.

 

“Good.  Happy to hear that.”

 

Michael then leaned into Brian and spoke with his mouth close to his ear because he wasn’t sure if Gus should hear what he had to say next.  “But Brian,” he whispered too low for Gus to hear, “I suggest you might cosider getting ready to leave now.  It'll be dark soon, so some of the other adults might be coming back here very soon."

 

“Thanks, Michael.  I think you’re right.  I better go now.”

 

“Daddy,” Gus heard that and started crying and fretting then.  “Argh, daddy.  I hate that you have to leave."

 

“I hate to go too, Gus, but you recall what we discussed, and you promised not to tell anyone that I’m all better and that I visited you here today?”

 

“Yeah, daddy, I remember, and I’ll keep my promise, but I still hate to see you go, and why can’t I tell everyone now anyway?”

 

“Because I’d rather be the one to do it, but only when I’m absolutely ready to.  I explain that to you earlier, Gus.”

 

“Why you’re not ready now?”  Gus badgered.

 

“It’s an adult thing, Gus.”

 

“Oh,” Gus just simply accepted that answer from his father.  “But do you really have to go right this instant, daddy?”

 

“Yes, Gus.  Daddy has to go back home and prepare to go to work.  You remember that your daddy has a job to go to just like all the other mommies and daddies have to.”

 

“But you’ve been away so long already, daddy, and I missed you so much, so please stay a little while longer… pleaseeeee,” Gus begged.

 

“Gus, are you hungry?”  Michael attempted to come to Brian’s rescue.  “Would you like to go to that same place across the street and have dinner just like we all did before?”

 

“Yeah, I’m hungry,” Gus affirmed, and his little tummy actually began to growl. 

 

“Good.  Now wake your little brother, and we’ll all go out to dinner together.”

 

“All of us!  Do you mean daddy too?  Please, daddy?”  Gus turned to Brian and resumed begging again.

 

“Sure, Sonny-boy.  I’ll come too,” Brian replied back.

 

“Yippee!” Gus ascetically applauded; he then hurried and shook J.C. awake.

 

“I got to pee,” J.C. announced the moment he was woke and his small eyes popped opened.

 

"I have to go too," Gus said and rushed to the adjoining bathroom with his little brother; while Michael and Brian exited the bedroom and waited in the living room for the two boys.

 

“Brian, I’m so glad you decided to stay and eat dinner with us.  There’s a fast food place just across the street and one block away from here.”

 

“We’re ready.  Let’s go!”  Gus shouted, as J.C. and he returned to the men.

 

“Well, let’s go,” Brian shrugged his shoulders, and they all left Justin’s apartment together, but just before they were about to exit the building Brian felt a strong urge to pee. 

 

“Umm, Michael.”

 


”Yeah, what’s up, Brian?”  Michael asked.

 

“You know, I have to go back upstairs and use the bathroom, but there's no sense holding everyone else up.  So, umm, why don’t you and the boys go on ahead to the restaurant and I’ll catch up with you after I take a leak.”

 

“Sure, Brian.  No problem,” Michael said and handed him the keys.  “Remember, the restaurant is just one block from here and on the other side of the street.  See you later.” 

 

“Later,” Brian replied back, and then he started back upstairs to Justin’s apartment, while Michael and the boys continued up the street to the restaurant.

 

********

 

“Hi, Justin!”  Lindsay answered her cell and was utterly surprised to hear from him so soon.  “I can’t believe you’re calling me from your honeymoon like this.”

 

“What honeymoon, Lindz!  Believe it or not, our honeymoon was cut short on the account of Clay being called into work.”

 

“Oh Justin!  I’m so sorry to hear that.  How soon do you think he’d make it back to Munich?   I surely hope you guys can get in at least a day or two.”

 

“I highly doubt that, Lindsay.  He’s actually had to fly to a hospital in Brussels to do the operation.  So, I’m actually back here now in Berlin where you are.  In fact, I’m paying the cab driver now and getting out of the car as we speak.  I’ll be upstairs and seeing you guys in just a mere second from now.”

 

“Well, you won't be seeing Sid, Pearl, or me anytime soon.”

 

“Oh?”  Justin asked, as he was already walking up the flight of stairs to the building entrance, and by only just mere seconds he had missed Michael and the boys walking down the street to the restaurant.  Also, he was seconds too late to see Brian heading up the stairs just ahead of him. 

 

“Sid and I are at the art gallery,” Lindsay started answering Justin’s question, “And Pearl’s taking advantage of her day off, so she’s not there at the apartment either.’

 

“Then who’s taking care of J.C. and Gus?”  Justin asked as he was already inside the building and ascending up the stairs to his apartment. 

 

“Believe it or not Michael Novotny is…”

 

“What!  Michael!  But we left him back at my house in Paris.  I thought he had said he was going to stay there a while and visit with his mother and fly out here a little later.”

 

“He did say that; but to my surprise he showed up at our doorstep this morning, claiming that he rushed over back to Berlin because he couldn’t wait to resume working on that comic book with you.”

 

“Oh really?  Couldn’t wait, huh?  That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially considering if this thing with Clay hadn't happened I'll be honeymooning in Munich now, and I wouldn't be here to consult with Michael on the comix.”  Justin thought that was rather weird and terribly anxious or absent-minded of Michael, but he didn’t read much into it (at that particular moment anyway).

 

“Beats me too, Justin, but that’s what he claimed,” Lindsay reiterated.

 

“Okay, Lindsay.  I’m standing right smack in front of my door, so I’m going to get off the phone with you now, and go inside and see Gus and J.C., and right after meeting with my sons, I’m going to get unpacked, settled in, and then I’ll hurry out to the gallery where Sid and you are.  How does that sound?”

 

“Sounds pretty terrific, Justin.  See you then; and give both boys a kiss for me; and again – I’m so sorry that your honeymoon had to be cut so short like that.”

 

“Thanks Lindsay, and I will give the both boys a kiss for you, and I’ll see Sid and you later on at the gallery tonight,” Justin promised as he disconnected with her, and had already gotten his door open and stepped inside his apartment.

 

Next, Justin started to call out to Michael and the boys but he suddenly had an urge to pee.

 

“Damn!  Boy, I gotta piss, and I can hardly hold it!”  Justin announced to himself as an overwhelming sensation to urinate just crept up on him; and his right hand dropped instinctively down to his groin and his gripped his cock (and firmly held onto his dick) as he scurried frantically over to the nearest bathroom to take an urgent piss.