Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 157 added Tues., 3/26/13

Will be adding chapter 158 momentarily this evening.

157:  The Very Next Week

 

             “Damn you, Mel!”

 

Robert walked into Brian’s exercise room just in time to hear his client cursed out his son’s other mommy and then abruptly drop the call. 

 

“Hmm,” Robert commented.  “Is that woman still blocking you from speaking with your son, and you still haven’t been able to get in touch with Justin or your son’s biological mother?”

 

“That’s the full gist of it, Shemar.  Melanie is being a real bitch and is preventing me from speaking with anyone.  And, Gus is used to me calling and talking to him every day.  He’s probably beside himself with grief now and probably thinks I’ve forgotten about him.”

 

Brian then made another call and Robert stood there listening.

 

“Hi there, Joseph.  I gather everything is in order now.” Brian spoke to the head pilot in charge of his personal jet.  “Good.  So I’ll meet you and the backup pilots at LaGuardia, as soon as I can.  So you can finally fly me to Paris (on the double).”  Brian then ended the call.

 

“So, you’re finally off to Paris to see your son; but do you know the address?” Robert asked.

 

“Yes, at least that much I got from Gus before Melanie got her hands on both Lindsay and Gus’s phones.”  Brian blew steam just then.  “I could chop up that conniving witch into a bunch of little pieces.”

 

“Well, enjoy your trip, Brian,” Robert said, as he extended his hand to his favorite but now his ex-client, and they shook.  “And, this is it, for you and me.  My job is done here; and, I must say, Brian, you’ve been my most interesting client to date, and that’s not to say I ever expect to meet another one half as interesting as you.  It certainly has been one amazing experience.”

 

“Ohhh!  And, I can very well say the same thing about you being my therapist; especially when I think back on that night when you brought Justin to visit me at the plastic surgeon’s.  I can sort of laugh about that now but it wasn’t the least bit funny that night!”

 

Brian and Robert both laughed at the irony of it.  “That was really some riot, wasn’t it?”

 

“Certainly was,” Brian agreed, “Who would have ever though!”

 

“Yeah, and how differently things might be for both Justin and you had I not brought him to you that day.  We’ll never know for absolutely sure whether or not Justin’s the reason you got your sensation back.”

 

“Hey!  Let’s not be so mystical and philosophical about that night.  I thought some on it, and just maybe Justin being there when it happened might not be that much of a significance after all when you think that the hemorrhaging in my brain had already stopped before Justin even showed up.  That could very well have been an indication that I was well on my way to a full recovery anyway.”

 

“Huh?  Maybe?”  Robert said.  “Well, anyway.  It was a pleasure, Brian, and this is goodbye.”

 

Later,” Brian emphasized, “Later is more like it.  Otherwise, don’t be a stranger, Shemar… Robert I mean.  We still have each other’s cell numbers.  Feel free to drop me a text every now and then… will you?”

 

“Will do, Brian.  I’m about as fond of you as I believe you are of me.”

 

“Thanks, and speaking of being fond of someone, did you ever see that gorgeous man again?”  Brian asked.

 

“You mean the one I told you about that I bumped in the subway that day?  Unfortunately not; but crap, I still picture his handsome face in my mind everyday.”

 

“Oh.  Too bad, but always keep in mind that the world is a lot smaller than it might seem.”

 

“Really, Brian?  Well, you’re certainly more optimistic than I am; because I quite doubt if I’ll ever see those strangely dark eyes and distinguishing mole ever again.”

 

“Well, you never know.  Now let me WALK with you to the door,” Brian robustly offered, and the two men delightfully laughed.

 

“I’ll follow you,” Robert said and walked to the door with Brian walking ahead of him, and when they arrived there they shook hands once more.

 

“Hey fuck!  How about a bear hug instead!”  Brian exclaimed and grabbed Robert in his arms and the men shared a firm and long embrace.

 

“Later,” They said simultaneously as they came out of the embrace and then lightly kissed on the lips.

 

“Fuck,” Brian teased.  “Lucky me, I got to kiss the movie star Shemar Moore.”

 

“Eh, fuck you back, Brian!”

 

“Well, Robert Mansfield, you are a lot more hotter than that actor, actually.”  Brian then opened the door to let Robert out.  “I’m really going to miss you.”

 

“Me too… and good luck with your ex, Brian.”

 

“What?  Why would you say that, Robert?  You know like I know that Justin has another man in his life now.  The only reason I’m going to Paris is to see my kid.”

 

“Hmm, whatever you say; and if something really fantastic does happen in Paris (when you see your two men), don’t hesitate to text me about it.”  Robert said somewhat flippantly, because he was perfectly aware that Jensen Olsen was no longer in Justin’s life, but it hadn’t occurred to him that the artist just might’ve met someone new though.  “Later.”

 

“Later,” Brian said back and was about to close the door.

 

“Oh, wait a minute,” Robert said.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Well, this isn’t exactly good bye yet, is it?   We will see each other at Ted and Harry’s wedding in about a month’s time.”

 

“Oh, yeah right.  See you at the wedding then.”

 

“Okay, Brian,” Robert smiled hearty.  “See you then.”

 

“Until then,” Brian said, and Robert then went on his way, and Brian closed the door. 

 

Brian then hurried back to his bedroom, did a little last minute packing, called a cab, and then hurried out of his apartment and stood waiting outside on the sidewalk for his ride to the airport.

 

It felt so strange standing on his feet and back out in the world again that Brian had to smoke a cigarette in order to relax a bit.