Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter added Wednes., 5/23/12

Chapter 14:  You Underestimate Yourself

“Ahh, ahh, ahh; fuck that feels good,” Justin moaned as he lay with his legs spread wide while Brian fucked passionately between them.  His movements fluctuated from rotating round and round to moving up and down on top of Justin's eagered hot body, while Justin soft fingertips gently caressed up and down Brian’s back.  “Good god that feels good.  Make love to me, Brian,” Justin happily whimpered beneath him.  And, when he orgasmed first he gathered Brian’s hot buns in his palms and passionately squeezed.

“Fuck,” Brian cried out moments later when he shot his load, collapsed on Justin and just lay comfortably still between his thighs waiting for his equilibrium to return to normal.  And, when it finally did, he pulled out Justin and then grunted and complained as he removed the condom from his dick to dispose of it. 

“Fuck,” he bitched, “I can’t wait for the day to come that I don’t have to use these with you anymore.”  He then did a Michael Jordon landing the used condom into the nearby waste basket and then he flopped down (nearly exhausted) on his back next to Justin.  The men then lay shoulder-to-shoulder.

“Well, you have only yourself to blame for that,” Justin lectured.

“Hey, you’re just as much the blame as I am.  You fucked inside Babylon that night as well,” Brian duly reminded him. 

And, Justin remained silent just then (for a while at least).  “Well, at least I put the brakes on you attempting to make a spectacle out of yourself.  Who talks of becoming a club-boy at your age, Brian?"

“Really, Justin,” Brian eyeballed him oddly.  “So, much for being respectful of each other (all the time); or is fighting in bed a marital fantasy of yours too?”

“Sorry, Brian, I apologize.”

“Sorry’s bullshit.  I can still say that… can’t I?  Or does even that disrupt your fantasy of the perfect marital bliss?”

The expression on Justin’s face just then was one of painstakingly hurt, and Brian quickly noted.  “Sorry, I mustn’t forget… we have an agreement,” he good humouredly chuckled and then smirked.

“Should I say:  Sorry’s bullshit?” Justin mocked him back.

“You BETTER NOT!”  Brian raised his brows at him.  And, then he leant into Justin and gave him an earth-shattering kiss.  And, Justin tensed up in bed when the kiss ended, and then abruptly returned Brian’s sentiment by latching tightly to him and applying a kiss that caused the entire planet to shake as well.

“Fuck,” Brian smiled approvingly when it was over.  Justin smiled back at him, and all was quickly forgiven and forgotten.

“Hmm,” Justin sweetly moaned as he placed a bent arm across Brian’s chest and rested his chin on the back of his hand.  “It’s so wonderful,” he then noted, “to be able to make love again, and one of us don’t have to get up and put his clothes back on and then leave the other.  So, much right now reminds me of what it was like before things went sour between us and I filed for the divorce.  Do you recall how great those first few months were (the first time we were married)?”

“Sure,” Brian answered, as his fingertips started swaying back and forth across Justin’s shoulder.

“Well, good,” Justin locked orbs with Brian that instant.  “That’s what I want every moment of the next twelve months to be like.  Do you think it could be exactly like that, Brian?”

“Sure it can be.  We have an agreement.”

“Please stop mocking me.”

“Sure, it’s in the agreement,” Brian echoed and then he pushed Justin off his chest and back down on his back.  Again, he captured Justin lips and bestowed on his a kissed to be forever remembered. He then ran a trail of light kisses from the top of his forehead down to his groin and stopped there.  And, then he vacuumed Justin’s cock into his mouth and pleasurably so, he nearly sucked him dry.

*

“Michael?”  Brian looked up from his desk at work and saw his ex-boyfriend walk unannounced into his office.  “What are you doing here?”

“I’m taking you up on that offer.”

“Which offer was that?  I don’t recall making you any?”

“Well then, let me refresh your memory; you did say if ever I needed a job, to drop by and see you.”

“Oh, yeah… right… I did say that; however, I never though you'd ever take me up on it,” Brian smirked.  “Did you bring a resume?”

“Really?  Wasn’t it you who pointed out to me that I’ve never worked a day in my life.”

“That was supposed to have been utter sarcasm…”  Brian said.

“That was the TRUTH, actually, Brian.”

“You’re kidding, Michael? You’ve actually never held down a job before!”  Brian scoffed him.

 “Nope.”

“You’re thirty years old, Michael… fucking unbelievable,” Brian shook his head in disgust.  And, the he addressed a knock at his door, “Yeah, who?”

“It’s me, Ted,” Brian’s Chief Financial Officer [Theodore Schmidt] opened the door and peeked his head inside.  “Oh, sorry, boss… I didn’t know you had company… I’ll…”

“No, come on in, Theodore.”

Ted then walked in with tons of paperwork and stood next to Michael.  “Hi, Michael” he greeted him.  “It’s been ages.  How are you?”

“Yeah, it has been.  Hi, Ted.  I’m doing good, and how about you?”

“I’m good too.”

“What do you have for me, Ted?”  Brian interrupted the two other male’s small talk.

“These are ready for your thorough review and signature?” Ted handed Brian the hefty stack of documents.

“Thanks, Theodore,” Brian grimaced at the thought of having to do that task.  Normally it wouldn’t seem so vexing, but that occasion it would have to be done at an unusually alarming rush on the account of him having to wrap up everything in a hurry to get ready for his and Justin’s wedding and honeymoon.  And, they’ve been rehearsing a helluva lot. 

Justin had insisted on the many rehearsals and Brian’s been quite mindful of giving Justin everything he wants.  He’s forever telling Justin that he’s fulfilling his every whim just because of the agreement.  However, actually he is enjoying doing those things for Justin, but that part he doesn’t care for Justin to be aware of.  Therefore, he keeps that part to himself and never expresses verbally to Justin how actually gratifying it is for him.

Brian’s enjoying waking up every morning to Justin slumbering beside him, and then showering and sitting down to a breakfast with him… a breakfast that Justin usually cooks.  And, then he can’t wait to come home to him every night after he gets off of work.  Prior to Justin moving back in with him, he’s usually at work way passed closing… home around ten o’clock and sometimes not until wee hours in the morning.  However, now that Justin is there with him, rarely does he leave the job after 5 p.m. on the dot.

‘Justin’s right… it is like those first few months of their first marriage (back when Brian used to trust Justin).   Brian was just starting to realize that he misses that time in their relationship just as much as Justin says he does.

“Boss-s-s-s… Brian-n-n-n,” Ted had been standing there, for some time then, making several unsuccessful attempts to yank Brian’s head out of the clouds with no prevail.  He finally got his attention though.

“Huh?”  Brian’s mouth gaped when he looked at Ted, and over at Michael.  He looked at them as if they both had just entered his office and instantaneously materialized out of nowhere (like appearing from thin air).  “What?”

“I was asking you if you needed anything else, Bri?”

“Yes, actually, Theodore.  Give Michael a tour of the place, and in the process see if you  can find a suitable place that he might be comfortable working for Kinnetic.  And, when you do find some job that sparks his interest march him to H.R. and see that they hire him.  And, Ted after you’re done there… come back this way… will you?  I have something very important I need to discuss with  you.”

“Sure, Bri.”

 “Do you want me to come back too?”  Michael enthusiastically asked and was certain Brian would say yes.

“No, not tonight actually.  I’m quite busy, Michael… too busy.”

Highly disappointed and feeling terribly rejected Michael grimaced.

“Do you have a resume on you?”  Ted then addressed Michael and asked.

“No!  I don’t,” Michael replied.

“Do you have an electronic one on the Internet or on a USB flash drive that I can download and print out?”

Brian couldn’t help but smirk then.

“What’s a UBS flash drive?”  Michael ignorantly asked, and then informed Ted, “And, I don’t have a resume at all.”

“No work history,” Brian then summed it up for Ted and he displayed the same look of shock that his boss had on his countenance earlier.

“Do you even have a social security number,” Ted became utterly sarcastic.

“Sure he does,” Brian answered for him.  “I had to get him one so I could file him on my income taxes back when we dated and I supported him.  You recall Ted.  You were doing my personal taxes back then (as well).”

“Will you (two) stop talking about me like I’m not in the room!”  Michael grew highly annoyed.

“Sorry,” Brian and Ted chorused.

“Okay, Brian… I’ll give Mr. Novotny that tour and try to find where it is that he fits in, but I have to say…”

“Say what?”

“This has got to be nepotism at its finest.”

“Later, Theodore… and much later for you, Michael.”

“Thanks, Brian.”  Michael grunted.

“You’re welcome,” Brian said and then he returned to dealing with the large stack of documents again, as Ted and Michael exited his office. 

When five o’clock rolling near, Brian wasn't even half finished with all those documents, but rather than be late getting home to Justin, he stuffed them inside his briefcase,  walked over to get his suit jacket off the rack and started trotting on out of there but Ted met him at the door. 

“Oh, fuck,” Brian embarrassingly smiled at his CFO… definitely his right-hand man on the job.  “I did tell you to come back here before the evening’s out… didn’t I?”

“You most certainly did, Boss… and you’re not ever one to forget anything.”

“Yeah, right?  Umm, follow me to back to my desk and have a seat, Ted.   I need to ask you something?”

“Okay,” Ted followed Brian to his desk and immediately wondered what this could be about... for Brian seemed a little different than this usual self.

“You’ve been my accountant for how many years now?”  Brian asked when the two men were situated in chairs.

“Helluva long time, Brian, even before you started up your own company… even as early back when you were in your teens interning at Ryder, and I started out as a junior accountant at Wertshafter’s.”

“That’s a helluva lot of years for two men to work so closely with each other.”

“Definitely is, Boss, and being I’m now your CFO, I pretty much maxed out any possible promotion I could receive, and I don’t suppose you’ll considering me for your job, so I have to asked what is this all about?”

“You’re right.  What I want to talk about is not even job related.”

“Hmm,” that really got Ted’s curiosity wheeling.  “Yeah?”

“Oh, good, you consented already.”

“To what?”  Ted slightly laughed.

“As you already know, I’m getting married again this Saturday.”

“Yes, I think I congratulated you on that, already.  I would have thrown you some kind of bash in the office but…”

“No, never mind that,” Brian cut him off. 

“What then?”

“Umm…” Brian cocked his brows, “How busy are you this Saturday coming up?  I still haven’t found a best man yet… can I trouble you to stand in for me?  Someone has to be the ring bearer.”

“What!  I’m be thrilled, Brian.  In addition, I can even throw you a bachelor party.” 

“No, that’s alright… no bachelor party.”

“Well, the bachelor party would have been for my enjoyment… actually.”  But, then Ted quickly realized he was getting ahead of him with that offer.  Whomever would he invited… he doesn’t know many people and the few people he do know are hardly HOT men.

Brian burst into laughter.  Ever since he’s known Ted, he thought the accountant always looked well rested to him.  “Then in that case, Ted, you plan that bachelor party.”  Then Brian reached inside his pocket and brought out a little black book and headed it to Ted.

“What?”  Ted smiled as he flipped through the pages; but was stunned that his boss would have something like that and he expressed that to him.  “A nice hefty collection of names with phone numbers you have here, especially for someone who doesn’t usually get out much, Brian?”

“I’d been out to the club on Liberty a couple of times not too long ago.”

“And, you solicited these many names and numbers in just two nights!”  Ted had a whole new admiration for his boss.

“Yah,” Brian boastfully smacked his lips.  “But I didn’t have to beg for them, Ted, they were enthusiastically thrown into my lap.  Just the many wonderful benefits of being a billionaire.”

“Really?  You think so?”

“Huh?”

“Brian, I really think you underestimate yourself, as well as over think your wealth.  I’m sure you would have done just as well even if you weren’t rich.  You’re one helluva handsome man and with an extraordinary personality to bout.  I’m willing to bet that when most people meet you (the first time), they either desire to be with you or want to be you, actually.”

“Hey, Ted” Brian attempted to derailed him from that conversation.  “I already asked you to be my best man.  You certainly don’t have to audition for the part… so discard the can of instant bullshit… will ya?”

“Sure, Boss… but still I think you underestimate yourself; and once again Justin Taylor’s about to be the luckiest man alive.  You’re certainly the best boss I ever had.”

“Whatever,” Brian appeared utterly serious.  “And, by the way if you are available to walk out with me now, we can attended the next wedding rehearsal this evening, together.”

“I’m out the door right behind you, Boss.”

“Well, let’s go, Theodore,” Brian instructed him and they headed out of his office together on their way to the wedding rehearsal.