Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter added Thurs., 5/3/12

 

Chapter 10:  No More Mr. Nice Guy!  And, In and Out with the Maximum of Pleasure…

“Were you trying to wake me?”  Brian stirred awake inside Justin’s bed to a soft touch to his face.

“Yeah.”

“What time is it?”  Brian stretched and yawned.

“A little before three a.m.,” Justin replied.

“Why did you wake me… you’re throwing me out of your bed in the middle of the fucking night?  You want me out, Justin?”

“Of course not… just the opposite actually; and when have I ever thrown you out of my bed before… or you me for that matter?”  Justin rhetorically asked.  “We never fight in bed, Brian.  We are always perfect together inside a bed.  It is usually when we are out of bed that there’s a problem.”

“I need a smoke,” Brian announced. 

“There’s a pack inside the nightstand drawer over there,” Justin told him.

“That’s…” Brian was about to say something about the smoke but then the ringing of his cell phone interrupted him.  “Who the fuck is calling me three a.m. in the damn morning!”  Brian bitched as he leaned over the edge of the bed and reached down and picked up his pants (but he already had an idea who was calling).  He then retrieved the phone from inside his jeans pocket and checked the number and his suspicions were corrected.

“Hi, sis?  Three fucking a.m. in the morning… don’t tell me… but that sorry ass son of yours got himself locked up again, Claire!  What for this time!”  Brian spat. 

“What!”  Brian bitched when she told him.  “DUI!  With a blood-alcohol level of what!   You got to be fucking kidding me!  He’s only seventeen what the fuck is he doing drinking anyway what less getting behind a wheel smashed!  Well, I give my lawyer a call first thing in the morning.  She wouldn’t be able to do anything for him before an arraignment and its Sunday anyway.  He might be in there until Monday.  If she’s able to get him out even that early.  You know how the law is cracking down on DUI’s these days.”

Justin placed a gentle touch to Brian’s chest to get him to calm down.

“Well, I don’t know what my money and influence can do to pull some strings for John, but like I said: no one can work a miracle at three a.m. Sunday morning.  We’d have to wait later in the day when I call my lawyer.  John just going to have to sit tight and sleep that shit off, I guess… bye, Claire.”  Brian hung up.

“Are you alright?”  Justin asked.

“Sure, what else is new,” Brian sighed and sarcastically remarked as he checked his list of missed calls and messages.  They were several. And he sort of dreaded listening to and returning those calls because he could just imagine that every one of them were money-related in some way.  “People know to call me whenever they need something that they think only money can fix.”   

“Can you still use that smoke, Brian?”  Justin tried to distract him from the sense of gloom that seemed to be developing in him.

“Sure can,” Brian answered and Justin thought he’d reach inside the nightstand and get the pack he had inside there, but instead Brian leaned out the bed again and scrambled around on the floor for his denim top. “That’s not the kind of smoke I was referring to,” he announced as he reached into his shirt pocket.

Justin chuckled, “What kind of smoke were you referring to then?  What other kind is there?”

Brian then pulled out a pre-wrapped stick of weed from the pocket and Justin’s eyes near bulged out of their sockets when he saw it.

“What the fuck!  Brian, is that what I think it is… and since when do you…”

“Want to share it with me?”  Brian cut him off.

“You’re really going to lie up in bed next to me, Brian, and smoke some dope?”

“Please Justin, tell me you are not going to order me to get dress three a.m. in the fucking morning and go outside and take a drag… it’s not exactly legal shit.  I could get arrested if a cop was to run up on me, and what example would I set for a little nephew then?”  Brian laughed.

“And, when have you ever done anything that was illegal, Brian, that you can be so nonchalant about it now?”

“I’m just trying to feel good, Justin.”

“I can make you feel good.”

“Sure you can… IN BED.”

“And we are in a bed NOW!  And besides, I can make you feel good in a lot of other places (outside of bed) if you’ll just loosen up and let it happen between us, again.”  Justin murmured.

“Hey!  What about what you said earlier about you and I never fighting inside a bed.  Sounds like one is brewing right this minute.”   Brian pointed out.

“Wouldn’t want that… would we?”  Justin analyzed.  “Since the only untainted moments we share these days are the ones we share inside a bed… wouldn’t want to ruin that… and then what would we have left between us?”

“Right… so save the drama until both our feet hit the floor again.”  Brian then lit up the pot and took his first drag.

“Well, you just as well let me try it,” Justin reached for it and Brian passed him the smoke.

“But don’t choke and gag on it,” Brian chastised him.

“Fuck you,” Justin mocked him and then went immediately to smoking it.

“Sure you can fuck me; it’s been a while since I felt your dick inside me,” Brian flattered him.  “At first, you looked pretty hot fucking that Black stud inside the backroom tonight but later you looked rather bored with him.  How was he?”

“Fucking him was pretty damn HOT until you showed up.”

“Well, if it’s any consolation to you, my trick didn’t seem so HOT either once I discovered you there.”

“Trick?  What does that term mean?  I know that guy didn’t pay you to fuck him.  You hardly need the money, Brian.”

“That’s the slang term I picked up at Babylon.  They use it to apply to casual gay sex partners.”

“Oh really?  Hey, I know how I ended up at that club… Ethan dragged me down there, but how did you get there?   And, something tells me that tonight was not your first night there… and since when did you start smoking pot?  You are one of the most law abiding and refined persons that I know… conservative and all… I’ve never known you to take drugs or any kind before.”

“That’s been my problem, Justin…. I’ve been such a dull boy.  You know what that say about all business and no play, Justin.”

“Huh?  You’ve always been pretty good at playing with me.  However, that eventually got to be the problem.   You got to a point that all you wanted to do was play with me.  It wasn't always like that between us Brian.  There was a time you took me a lot more seriously.  Hey, I even remember the day you let me rename your company for you?  Changing the name to 'Kinnetic' was my idea."

“Yes it was, and a very clever idea it was.  But are we on the verge of our first fight IN BED again, Justin?”

“No,” Justin murmured.  “Well, you didn’t answer my question though… how did you end up at Babylon tonight… and was tonight your first night there?”

“Emmett.”

“Huh?”

“Emmett Honeycutt… you remember him?  He introduced me to Babylon Friday night.”

“Our wedding planner, Brian!  How did you hook up with that guy?  You and he aren’t…?”

“Of course not.  He’s much too campy for my taste.  I don’t think I ever see myself fucking him and besides he's kind of a friend now.  I don’t fuck my friends.”  Brian then chuckled.  “Well, I wouldn’t fuck any friends… if I actually had some.”

“So, if you’ve been hanging out at Babylon lately then what’s with you and Michael?”  Justin puzzlingly asked.

“Michael… really, Justin?  Did you really think something was going on between me and him?”

“Hey, he was your boyfriend once; and you fucked him Friday night.  I recall you admitting to that.”

“I’m not sure if I did.”

“Yes, you did admit that to me.”

“No, I mean I’m not sure if I fucked Michael Friday night after all.”

“How could you not be sure?”

“I woke up Saturday morning with Michael in bed with me, but I don’t remember how we got there together…”

“What?”

“Huff,” Brian sighed frustratingly.   “I don’t recall getting into bed with him and definitely have no memory whatsoever of fucking him that night.  It’s all a total blur.  Last thing I recalled, I was getting totally wasted at Babylon and then flagging a cab to take me home.”

“Hmm.”

“I called Emmett last night and he told me that he and I shared the same cab and I got out alone on my street (Michael wasn’t with me).  So, we assumed that Michael either accosted me in the hallway or he showed up at my place a lot later – might have helped me get inside my apartment that night.”

“You think he would actually sneak into your bed; and is that the only time you woke up in bed beside him since you and he broke up years ago?  I ask because one night earlier during the week, I knocked on your door and Michael answered and he looked like he had just jumped out of bed or been freshly fucked or something.  He claimed that you couldn't come to the door because you were in the bathroom showering at the time."

“He told you that?  There's no true in it.  We didn't fuck that night either; but It doesn’t surprises me any that he told you that.  Michael’s capable of a lot of underhanded shit.  The more I think about Friday night... the more I'm convinced that I didn't fuck him."

Brian then asked.  “Speaking of my old exes… what about your old ex… Ian?  What’s going on there?  If he brought you to the club then why were you and a trick fucking inside the backroom instead of you and Ian?  Isn’t he that someone else you told me about?  And, furthermore why did you continue to let me fuck you right there in front of him… he definitely wasn’t too happy about that?  A lot… well, EVERYTHING about that doesn’t make sense to me?”

“It doesn’t make sense to you because Ethan and I aren’t dating, Brian – haven’t dated since our freshmen year at PIFA.  So what I do and with whom is none of Ethan’s business.”

“I saw you and he kiss inside my building at work… the Kinnetic Building.”

“You saw us there that day?”

“Yeah.”

“What you saw was him kissing me… I didn’t kiss him back.”

“Whatever.”  Brian didn’t know if to believe Justin or not.  “So, if not Ian, then who’s the new beau and why are you cheating all over the place on him?  When you and I were together I never suspected you to be a cheat.  Was I mistaken?”

“Hell no, you weren’t mistaken, Brian!  I never cheated on you!”

“So?  Why are you cheating on this guy?”

“I’m not.”

“Huh?”

“Umm,” Justin hesitated to answer at first and then just dragged the confession slowly out.  “I’m… not… I… mean there’s no new boyfriend.  There… never was anyone else.”

“Another fucking lie, Justin!”  Brian shook his head at him and blasted him.  “Can I trust anything you FUCKIING say to me.”

“Please, no fighting in bed,” Justin gently reminded him.    

Brian then got rather dramatic.  “Then maybe we both ought to jump to our feet right now and…”  Brian then abruptly paused midsentence.                                                           

“What?”  Justin wanted to know why Brian stopped talking.

“None of this matters anyway,” Brian started explaining.  “You and I aren’t married anymore… so you can do what you want – we both can.”

“Brian, I’m sorry I ever lied to you…”

“Sorry’s bullshit, Justin, and you are always lying to me.  I ought to be used to it by now.  However, like I said earlier, that doesn’t really matter anymore because you and I are no longer married and therefore owe each other absolutely nothing.  You can tell all the lies you want now, for all I care, and it would have absolutely no bearing on me.”

“Hey, you did some lying as well.”

“WHAT!”

“You were the one who started the lying in the first place.  You lied to me the moment we first met.”

“I didn’t lie to you.  I concealed some things about myself to protect myself.”

“It’s the same difference as lying, Brian.  When I met you, you pretended to be penniless.  And, I pretended not to know because I wanted a relationship with you but I didn’t want you to falsely think I wanted to be with you because of your money.”

“Regardless you should have told me from the very start that you knew I was rich… but I didn’t find that out until I had already married you.  So, why didn’t you tell me that you knew, Justin?  I tell you why you didn’t…”

“What you’re about to say, Brian, is not true.  We had this conversation many times before.  I pretended not to know because I understood why you were pretending to be poor; you were testing me to see if I would sincerely love you for yourself and not your money.   And, I told you that I didn’t let on that I knew about your riches because I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to convince you that my feelings for you were sincere.  And, I was right about that, because the moment you discovered that I had known (all along) that’s when things started to get rocky between us.

“You then started accusing me,” Justin continued, “Of lying and deceiving you – as well as called me a gold digger.  And, the lying got worst from that moment on because you were constantly accusing me of things that weren’t true.  And, to keep the peace I usually told you whatever I thought you might want to hear whether it was true or not.  I never meant to lie to you on any of those occasions; it just seemed that somehow it got screwed up that way.  I really DO love you Brian, and I stayed married to you for all those years because of my feelings for you, and I weren’t trying to stick around for a better divorce settlement like you often accused me of.”

“Oh really, Justin?  What about the most recent lie about the new man in your life… what prompted that one?  Did you believe for one second that I wanted to hear that too?”  Brian inquired as his mouth gaped and brows rose.

“No but you were NASTY to me (that day) when I mentioned that it was our anniversary.  Your nonchalant as well as insensitive attitude hurt me and I wanted to hurt you back.   So when that notion popped into my head and without really thinking I just blurted that statement out… I’m sorry now that I ever said it.  And, I wished you weren’t so stubborn with so much pride that you won’t let me take it back.”

“What’s done is done, Justin… it doesn’t matter anyway now because…”

“Yes, it DOES matter,” Justin was pretty adamant about getting his point across.  “It matters because I really do love you, Brian.  At no time was it ever about the money; and I would think that should be quite obvious to you by now.   Especially now, because I already got a lot of you money – more than I ever expected I would get.  So, tell me something… if it was really about the money than why am I still here trying to make another go of it with you?”

“If the money never mattered to you then why did you take so much?”

“To get your goddamned attention… it seems money is the only thing you seem to understand these days.  We certainly fuck more now than we did when I was married to you.”

“You like it a lot when I fuck you… don’t you, Justin?”

“I love when we fuck.”

“BINGO then!”

“Huh?”

“That’s the reason you still desire to share a bed with me.  You LOVE my money, my ASS-HOLE and my DICK!  But you don’t love me!”

“Do you really believe that, Brian!  What can I do to convince you otherwise?”

“You don’t have to, Justin.   You’re off the hook.”

“What is that suppose to mean?”

“You can have both now, Justin.”

“Both?  What are you talking about?”

“You can keep the money and you can have my dick too as often as you’d wish – just as long as you and I have an understanding.”

“An understanding about what?”

 “You understand that you can be my main squeeze now.”

“Main squeeze!  What the FUCK are you talking about, Brian!”

“If you want to continue to share a bed with me, Justin, that’s just fine.  If you like, you and I can even move back in with each other.  However, I’ll never marry you or anyone else again; and I’m going to fuck other people.”

“What!”  Justin shook his head in total disgust.

They were then interrupted by Brian’s phone ringing again, and he picked it up from the nightstand where he had placed it earlier. 

“Who is it now?”  Justin asked.

“It’s Michael,” Brian checked the display.  “However, I’m not going to answer it.  I know exactly what he's calling for."

“Oh,” Justin murmured.

Brian then turned the cell off and continued where he left off earlier.  “I’m through with monogamy, marriage, boyfriends, or any other impossible and unrealistic companionship.  I realize that those kinds of relationships don’t work and are destined to fail from the very start and especially so when there’s a lot of money (like mine) involved.  It’s all just a bunch of LIES anyway… a CROCK of BULLSHIT!  From this moment on I believe in only FUCKING not making love.  When it comes down to sex and getting mines, I plan to get in and out with the maximum amount of pleasure and the minimum of bullshit.  I once gave you my heart and what did you do with it?   Never again though, will I give you or anyone else such a big of a part of me.  I’m not setting myself up for that kind of disappointment ever again.”

“Brian, do you hear what you are saying?  That’s no way for a human being to live his life.  You have some serious trust issues… you need to learn to trust someone, as well as let others love you.  It’s not healthy living your life the way you do.  I was married to you once… how can you feel that you can’t trust me?”

“Because our marriage was a lie.”

“I told you why I lied.  It was because had you known then that I knew about you, you wouldn’t have allowed us to fall in love with each other (in the first place) and we certainly wouldn’t have gotten married.  I understood then, Brian, and I understand now why you have those insecurities… you’ve been taken advantage of by so many people before I came into your life; and some of those people are still taking advantage of you now.  You have a very kind heart and you’re disillusioned but…”

“Yeah!  Too kind of a heart, but that ends now – NO MORE MR. NICE GUY, Justin… never again.”

“But, Brian…”

“Let it go, Justin.  I know how I want to live my life now.  Pass that weed back to me,” Brian nonchalantly demanded.