Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  This author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 Chapter 1:  You Got What You Wanted

“Mr. Taylor’s table?”  Brian Kinney addressed the hostess inside the four-star restaurant that evening and she grabbed a menu and escorted Brian to the table where Justin was sitting and waiting for his arrival.

“Hi,” Brian and Justin simultaneously greeted each other as Justin slightly lifted from his seat and Brian leaned over the table and they kissed passionately on the lips.

“How was your day at work?”  Justin asked as Brian settled in and started perusing the menu.

“My day overall was pretty good and I’m sure yours was… today is the day you usually get my hefty check in the mail… isn’t it?”

“Well you know the old saying, Brian… cheaper to keep him.”

“Her…  Justin… cheaper to keep her.”

Justin chuckled at Brian’s grainy wit.  It‘s part of his debonair charm.  “I had a good day at work too,” Justin volunteered.  He knew Brian would never ask.

“Really,” Brian raised his brows as he moved his head to the left and briefly peered pass the menu at Justin.  “Mean to tell me you’re still at your job?” Justin only smirked at Brian’s condescending remark, and Brian rant on, “After fucking me over in court like that, I would think you wouldn’t have to work another day in your life.”

“It was never about the money, Brian.”

“Oh no!  Then why did you hit me up for so much?”  Brian snickered.

“I wanted you to hear me for once,” Justin replied. 

“Couldn’t you have just yelled?”

“I’ve been yelling since the very first day we met,” Justin accentuated.

 “Well then you must have known from day one that I was deaf so why didn’t you bail then?  I tell you why you didn’t?  Because you wouldn’t have been able to take any of my money with you back then.  Everybody wants Mr. Brian Kinney’s money.”

Brian’s cell then rang, he answered it, listened for a little while and then abruptly disconnected.

“Who was that?”  Justin casually asked.

“My pops… and you guessed it… he wants my money.”

And, then Brian’s cell rang again and he checked the number before answering and looked at Justin and snickered; “Now its Lindsay… you remember her… my baby’s momma… I wondered how many zeroes she wants me to sign off on tonight.   But don’t you worry, Justin; my cell won’t be ringing all night – my sister, my mom, nephews and anyone else who calls me on the regular for a handout all called earlier today.”

Brian took Lindsay’s call and after that his phone was quiet; and he readdressed Justin’s earlier question.  “Actually today was quite unusual at work.  I hired three employees but two of them I hired right on the spot.”

“Oh?  Isn’t it rare that you do that?  They must have really impressed you; however, rarely does anyone impress you, Brian.”

“Yeah… and who should know that better than you, Justin?  And, you invited me to dinner tonight because…”

“Our anniversary.”

“What?”

“Well, forget it, Brian… let’s just toast to your billions!” Justin lifted his glass.  “That’s something that you can always relate to; as well as rejoice in.”

“Oh really?  You mean to tell me I still have billions after you did your number on me?”

Justin didn’t respond.

Brian tapped his glass against Justin’s anyway; and then they had casual conversation over their dinner and Justin listened as Brian talked about some business issues as well.  And, after dessert and coffee were served, Brian asked, “My place or yours?”

“Neither,” Justin said.

“Come on, Justin.  When do you and I ever meet like this and it doesn’t end up with us inside the sack together?”

“Like now, Brian.”

“I thought for once we could cut the formalities and get to the chase.  However, if you insist on putting me through all this lovey-dovey song-and-dance shit as usual, I’ll…”

Justin immediately cut him off.  “I invited you to dinner tonight to tell you I met someone else.”

“What?”  Brian looked stunned.  “Are you fucking with me?”

“No… not anymore… in fact, you and I have probably fucked for the last time; but I am fucking with him.  He and I have been fucking on the regular for two weeks now.”

Brian sighed heavily and paused for a long time, and then asked, “Is he loaded?”

“How many times must I tell you that it is never about money when it comes to me?”

“Is he loaded?  For fuck sake, Justin… does this guy have his own money!” Brian firmly badgered.  “I write YOU monthly checks, Justin… not any other man.”

“What are you hinting at, Brian?  Are you suggesting I now have your problem… and that nobody’s going to be interested in anything about me but my money?”

“Yeah, you’re about to encounter what I go through all the damn time.”

“Hardly… because unlike you, Brian, I feel secure enough about myself to know people can like me for something other than just my money.”

“Sure, of course you know that someone can like you.  You could barely afford to purchase a jockstrap when we first met… and I liked you.”

“You had a strange way of showing it.”

“What!  I fucking married you, Justin!”

“If you can call what we had a marriage!”

“Oh… really… tell that to the judge … so he can order you to give me back my alimony checks and hefty real estate that you beat me down for in our non-divorce settlement.”

Brian then got up to leave, “And, you (new sugar-daddy on the block), be careful with this new boy toy of yours… don’t fuck him too good or too much, and certainly don’t be the fool I was (and marry him),” he warned his ex-spouse, “Palimony suits can be just as devastatingly destructive as divorce settlements and breeders will love to drum that message into us new-age naïve-ass Stepford fags.  Got to go,” Brian then announced, “I’m sure you can handle that check on your own with your newly acquired king’s ransom.”  

“Are you angry?”  Justin asked.

“No… I’m not angry, Justin.  I only get angry when something takes me by surprise; and why should this surprise me any?  You already got what you set out to get… pursued me, married me, divorced me, and then you got lots of my money… what reason would you have to continue to let me fuck you?  I knew this day was fast coming.”

Brian then rushed out and left Justin sitting alone.