Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian and Justin become lovers in every sense of the word.  Dale's death is finally explained.

 

 

 

Last Chapter...

 

Tell me now; tell me this is what you want, too."  Never before would Brian have cared about any other boy's needs; it would be take and take and take some more until he got his thirst quenched.  But with Justin, it was different; it was special.  It was so much more.

 

"You know I do," Justin sputtered out breathlessly as he reached down between them and boldly squeezed Brian's cock for emphasis, evoking a groan from his companion. His body thrummed at the incredible sensation of cupping Brian in his hand, the skin so hot and hard to his touch. He sucked in a breath over the realization that he was the cause of it. "I want this - I want you - inside me.  I want you to teach me."  Remembering what Brian had done for him earlier, he boldly slid his hand up and down the silky flesh, causing Brian to let out a ragged breath of repressed desire and quickly capture the roaming hand in his own.

 

"Shit, Justin!" he growled at him as he grasped the hand firmly in his. "Keep that up and I'll be over the edge before we start."

 

Justin turned bright red but nodded as Brian let go of his hand to rise back up on his knees and reach down to lightly trail his fingers along Justin's arm, watching him shiver under his touch before he whispered quietly, "Spread your legs, Justin."  He gazed at the expanse of wiry, golden pubes framing the large, thick cock that he had just had the pleasure of indulging in, and he was momentarily tempted to steal another taste of it with his tongue this time, but he had more urgent needs to attend to first.

 

"Well, then...," Brian whispered as he stared into Justin's trusting eyes.  "Get ready to learn."

 


 

Justin swallowed hard at the lust-filled look in Brian's eyes, but did as he asked as he let his bended legs fall to either side of his body, wide enough for Brian to nestle himself in the V of his legs.  The hard, muscled skin of Brian's chest rubbed against Justin's cock as he slowly slid up the warm body, providing some delicious friction that made Justin gasp in reaction as Brian pulled himself up so they were face to face.

 

Brian braced himself on his elbows as he gazed into Justin's eyes.  "You all right?" he asked softly, feeling Justin's heart racing beneath him.  It matched the tempo of his own as Justin nodded.

 

He gazed at him tenderly before he leaned down to kiss the full lips briefly, biting the lower lobe for a moment before nuzzling the side of Justin's neck with his cheek as he whispered in his ear, "Are you ready now to feel me inside you, Justin?"

 

Justin whimpered softly at the thought as he felt Brian's cock, heavy and hard, lying between them.  After seeing Brian's impressive girth and length, he had a good idea now why Brian said his first time would hurt; he couldn't imagine having something that large inside him.  But he trusted Brian, and knew he wouldn't want his first time to be with anyone but him.  "Yes," he murmured back as Brian rained butterfly kisses on his eyelids, cheek, nose, and jaw.  "Please..."

 

Brian pulled back to stare into his eyes before he nodded, that final, plea-filled word causing his adrenaline to race.  Rising up onto his haunches, he reached over to grab one of the condom wrappers and tear it open.  He felt the heat of Justin's stare on him, and was surprised to feel his hands shaking slightly as he slid the latex over his dick.  Taking the small tube of lube, he squirted a generous amount into the palm of his hand, discarding the container to rub his palms together to try and heat it up a little.  He knew Justin was undoubtedly anxious enough without being startled by the coldness of the lotion.

 

To confirm his suspicions, he noticed Justin nervously following his every move with his eyes as he slathered his dick with the lotion. "Bend your legs against your chest," Brian gently instructed him; he saw Justin nod and his Adam's apple bob when he swallowed hard, but he did as he was told, linking his hands around his lower legs to keep them pressed against his body.

 

Justin felt somewhat absurd and so exposed in this position - almost like a human pretzel - but the fiery look in Brian's eyes made his cock harden even further and his body tremble both with anticipation and desire.

 

Brian's eyes locked on the pink, tightly-puckered hole that was open to his inspection, and his mouth watered at the sight.  He wanted to rim that hole so badly and tongue fuck the shit out of it, but he knew that could be too much sensual overload for Justin's first time.  Forcing himself to be patient, then, he murmured, "I'm going to open you up first, okay?"

 

Justin bit his lower lip and nodded, holding his breath as Brian reached over with one coated index finger to push slightly through the insanely-tight opening, marveling at how the skin instantly suctioned itself around him in protest.  Shit, he had never felt anything so tight in his life!  He couldn't wait to find out how that felt around his cock!  Taking in a deep breath to steady himself, he probed a little deeper, hearing Justin hiss in discomfort as he reached down to lightly stroke his belly in reassurance.

 

"You're doing fine, Justin," he told him softly as he stilled his movement inside him.  "I have to do this, or it's going to hurt like hell."

 

Justin winced as Brian crooked his finger and waggled it a little to try and loosen him up more.  He would be lying if he still wasn't worried about what it would feel like when Brian actually fucked him with his cock; just the one finger inside him was extremely painful.  But he was determined to ride out the agony; he remembered what Brian had said, and he knew this was part of every gay boy's initiation.  And he couldn't think of a better first-time lover than Brian.  "Go on," he croaked out as Brian stopped his movements.

 

Brian nodded, impressed with the other boy's determination; Justin gasped then as he felt another finger pressing inside his opening.  He bit his lip hard to keep from crying out, but he couldn't help the grimace on his face from the pain as Brian pressed the middle finger in deeper to join up with the other one.

 

Brian's face was etched with concern as he stilled his fingers, slowly caressing Justin's belly soothingly again with his other hand.  Until now all the other boys hadn't meant anything to him at all, except as a mechanism for a quick sexual release and a brief flash of pleasure.  He had had his share of virgins before - it was particularly pleasurable to feel his cock inside such a tight ass as they always possessed - but somehow as he gazed down into the resolute face of this particular boy, he realized this was going to be a lot different than that.

 

"Brian, keep going," Justin hissed out just then to get his attention, pressing his lips firmly together to staunch the feelings of uncomfortable fullness as he stared up at the amazingly gorgeous man who was trying so hard not to hurt him. The fact that someone like Brian - was who well-experienced in providing and receiving pleasure - was putting his needs in front of his own merely cemented his conviction that this was the right time and the right person for his first encounter.  He always knew it would have to be with someone special, and with someone who wasn't just a casual fling.  He knew he would have never been satisfied with just a quick fuck.  Today he finally realized that this was the time - and this was the boy he wanted to experience it with.  "Come on," he added softly, trying hard to convince Brian he really meant it.  "I can handle it.  I want you inside me.  I need you inside me."  That was the truth, too; the desire to be one with Brian was an aching, physical need

 

Brian nodded, his heart swelling with pride over this boy's strength, before he leaned down to steal a quick kiss from Justin's soft lips, trying to reassure him through his actions how much he cared for him.  "Yeah, I know you can," he murmured encouragingly.  Fuck, it was so hard to go slowly with Justin, though!  Every ounce of his body wanted to taste and touch each inch of that creamy, smooth skin until he was completely sated and could find it by memory.  But there would be time for that later.  Right now, this was for him.

 

He locked eyes on the beautiful blond beneath him - the blue orbs peering up at him with so much trust and desire that it made his heart ache - before he slowly removed his fingers and, gripping his slick cock, he hovered over the wrinkled opening.  "Breathe, Justin, try to relax," he coached him softly just before he gripped Justin's upper arms to brace himself and pushed in ever so slightly.

 

A cry of pain erupted from Justin as he tried to do as Brian asked; the feeling was almost too much to bear, so much girth being encased inside him, even though Brian had tried to prepare him ahead of time and he was just barely inside him now.  He wondered again how he could possibly accommodate Brian's size. But he was determined to do it, come hell or high water, so he nodded up at his lover in silent entreaty for him to continue.

 

Sweat beaded out on Brian's forehead as he purposefully held back from what he so desperately wanted to do; instead, he whispered out in a steady stream of encouragement, "Breathe.  Work with me, Justin, you can do it; that's it.  Look at me."  Justin's eyes transformed from a light blue to a dark, unfathomable shade of inkiness as he stared unblinking into Brian's eyes, using them as a beacon and an anchor.

 

"I'm going to take you on the most amazing ride," he promised as Justin nodded, his face a picture of concentration as Brian pushed in a little further and, again, stopped to allow Justin to work through the discomfort and tolerate the intrusion. "Yessss," Brian breathed out encouragingly, his voice low and soothing as he felt Justin's walls clamped against his dick.  "Shit, you feel so damn good."  He pushed in a little more, finding it nearly impossible to keep from plunging all the way inside; the feeling was so fucking indescribable.  He didn't know if part of it was due to how he felt about Justin or just the sensation of being in such an incredibly constrictive space, but at that moment he couldn't think of anywhere else he wanted to be - or anyone else he wanted to be with.

 

"Justin..." Brian's brows furrowed as he noted the pain still evident on the other boy's face.  "The pain; it'll ease soon," he reassured him softly.  "Try to relax and let me in."

 

Justin's eyes glimmered with tears over the feeling of fullness; it was almost too much.  But he believed Brian; he knew he was sexually experienced, so he nodded again and concentrated on trying to relax his muscles.

 

Brian slowly pressed in a little more, then a little more after that until he heard a gasp erupt from the perfectly-formed lips below him.  Justin's face began to transform from extreme discomfort into something almost mystical, something disbelieving.  It was then that Brian knew he had found the bundle of nerves to make Justin's body thrum with ecstasy.  He watched as Justin's skin flushed and his eyes broke open in stunned surprise.  Brian smiled as he pulled back out slightly and then pushed back in firmly, striking the same spot again as Justin moaned.  The slickness of the lube provided just the right combination of friction and smoothness to allow Brian to start pistoning in and out in earnest now; Justin seemed to know instinctively what to do as he snapped his hips in perfect synchrony with Brian's movements, meeting him rhythm for rhythm as their bodies fused tightly together.

 

Brian found that he had been right about Justin; once the boy determined the right pace, he enthusiastically began to parry thrust for thrust with him, the sound of their bodies slapping together and their grunts of primal mating appearing abnormally loud under the quiet canopy of the cedar trees.  The birds had even gone still in the late-afternoon hour, leaving the soothing sound of the water that rushed gently over a small waterfall into the pond nearby a perfect contrast to their passion.

 

Brian was in heaven as he plunged in and out of Justin, stopping occasionally to grab another kiss from the other boy's lips; he had never thought anyone could feel so right, so hot, and so incredibly perfect at the same time as Justin did.  He had thought up until now that he had soared to the tallest heights of pleasure numerous times before; but now he realized all those other times had just been a pale imitation of this moment.

 

He could feel Justin's muscles tensing beneath him, signaling he was close to climax, as he reached down to begin masterfully stroking his lover's cock, savoring how full, hot, and alive it felt under his touch.  He heard Justin utter a loud moan then, and call out his name just before he let forth with a guttural cry and arched up off the blanket, shooting streams of sticky fluid between their bodies.  That was all it took for Brian to pick up his pace just a bit, ramming into Justin now a few more times before he, too, let out a vocal shout and his body was overcome with pleasure.  Filling the condom to almost overflowing, he tried fervently to brace himself, to keep his weight off his smaller lover, but it was no use.  He was so drained himself that he promptly collapsed on top of Justin, his legs cradled inside Justin's shorter ones as he placed his head in the crook of Justin's neck and just lay there, completely exhausted and devoid of energy.

 

His lungs starved for oxygen, he breathed rapidly in and out through his parched lips, trying to calm his erratically beating heart, as he felt Justin's hands roaming lazily over his slickened back, finally coming to rest at the cleft just above his buttocks.  He could feel Justin's heart beating in quick cadence with his own as he continued to lie there, fighting the need to come down from the incredible rush he had just experienced, until finally he found enough strength to raise his head just enough to peer into Justin's eyes.  Pushing some sweat-soaked hair back from Justin's forehead, his heart fluttered as Justin bestowed a dazed smile on him.

 

He couldn't help smiling back at him as he whispered, "You okay?"  He could feel their bodies stuck to each other, but he didn't care.  In the after throes of their sexual encounter, this boy was simply enchanting; even more than before.  Sex suited him.  God, he was so incredible...


Justin nodded lazily, a ghost of a smile still on his lips.  "I'm great," he finally managed to confirm as Brian laughed softly.

 

Justin frowned at him.  "What's so funny?"

 

Brian grinned at the insulted look on his face. "Nothing," he reassured him as he idly brushed his index finger around the shell of Justin's ear, feeling him shiver beneath him in response.  He had been right about Justin being so responsive to his touch.  "You just have this sort of goofy look on your face right now, that's all."

 

One side of Justin's lips quirked upward as he replied, "I do, huh?  I'm not sure I like the sound of that."  His hands slowly began to idly slide lower until they were resting on the swell of Brian's buttocks.

 

Brian's eyes widened and his heart began to pound as he felt one of Justin's fingers sliding in between his ass cheeks then.  Just a few more inches and he would be...

 

He abruptly twisted off Justin's body, rolling to lie on his back beside him, suddenly feeling exposed and vulnerable.

 

"What?" Justin asked, confused, wondering what had just happened.  He felt the loss of Brian's body draping his profoundly.  "Did I do something wrong?"

 

"No," Brian assured him quickly as he turned onto his side and propped his head up with his hand to gaze over at him.  "It's just that..."

 

"What?"  At that moment, Justin wasn't sure which one made him feel more naked:  his lack of clothes, or the penetrating stare that Brian was giving him.

 

Brian reached over to lightly stroke Justin's arm, the pungent smell of sex in the air.  Not surprising, considering how enthusiastically Justin had taken to their activity.  That was only the beginning, though; at least he hoped so.  There WAS one thing he probably needed to make clear, however; he thought it was already self-apparent, especially after the whole Jared fiasco.  "Justin, what just happened was incredible," he began as he continued to caress his lover's arm.  "Fucking amazing," he admitted as Justin blushed. "I would dare say even the best sex I've ever had.  And there're so many other things I want to show you; that was just the beginning."  He paused before adding quietly, "But I never bottom - not for anyone; no matter how good they are."

 

Justin's face scrunched up in confusion before his eyes narrowed as realization set in.  "Do you think that's what that was?  Me trying to wangle an invitation to the Brian Open?"

 

"Not funny," Brian retorted flatly.

 

"No, it's not," Justin agreed, perturbed.  "I was just..." His face turned a deep shade of pink as he struggled to speak amidst his anger; it was all still so new to him.  "I was just touching you, that's all!  I like touching you.  Shit; you know I've never been with anyone else before!  That's all it was, Brian!"  His eyes flashed with aggravation.  "I'm sorry if you felt threatened by that."  He shook his head sadly in disbelief before promptly bolting up to a sitting position and launching himself up from the blanket.  "I'm going for a swim to wash all this shit off," he growled as he glared down at Brian, clearly irritated and hurt.

 

Brian sighed; why did he always seem to say the wrong things around this boy?  As guilty as Brian felt just then over what he had said, he had to hold back a smile, however, as Justin rose to his feet and hobbled toward the water, clearly sore after their encounter.  He knew if Justin saw the look of amusement on his face or thought he was making fun of him, though, that would be a hundred times worse than what he would have to make up for now.  "Justin...come back here," he implored softly, but the other boy kept limping toward the pond as if he hadn't heard.  "Justin..."

 

"Leave me the hell alone!"

 

Brian rolled his eyes.  "Oh, for the love of..."

 

"That's where you're wrong!" Justin shouted back over his shoulder as he neared the water.  "The only thing you love is yourself!"  And with that, he promptly stood at the rocky ledge near the pond and dove into the deep side, right where Brian had lost his footing that one day when Justin had eluded him. Well, he wasn't going to fall for that again. And he wasn't giving up without a fight this time, either.

 

"Shit," Brian muttered as he took a brief moment to admire the perfectly-curved bubble butt before it disappeared into the water.  Rising to his feet and walking over to the pond's edge, he observed Justin shaking the water out of his eyes as he rose to the surface.  Walking over to the same rocky ledge Justin had used a few minutes earlier, Brian suddenly jumped, cannonball-style, into the water directly beside him, causing Justin to sputter and cough as the water splashed furiously around him and rushed into his nose and mouth.

 

"What the fuck, Brian?" Justin groused as the older boy quickly rose back up to the surface to stand beside him; this time he made sure to find his footing beneath him on one of the flat, solid ledges under the water, instead of winding up being dragged down into the hidden, deep end again.  "Get away from me!"

 

"I will not!" Brian countered as he grasped Justin by the upper arms and dug his fingers into the soft flesh to force him to look at him.  He wasn't letting him get away this time.  He found that Justin was amazingly strong, however, as he almost wrenched himself away from him, but he managed to hold on just barely.  "You're going to listen to me, you obstinate asshole!"

 

Justin's blue eyes flashed in indignation.  "I heard you the first time!  You're the top, the alpha!  Whatever you say goes!  I get it!  You and Jared deserve each other after ALL!"

 

Brian's nostrils flared; not too differently than Headstrong's, Justin decided, as he growled at him, "Don't SAY that!  I want nothing to do with him, and you know that!  I want YOU, damn it!  Why are you so stubborn?"

 

Justin huffed incredulously.  "Stubborn? This has NOTHING to do with being stubborn!"  His mouth hung open in disbelief.  "Just because I'm not...not as big-headed as you doesn't mean that I, I wouldn't be able to...aargh!"  He rolled his eyes as he felt his face warming at the intriguing thought.  "I tried to tell you before; I wasn't even thinking about that!  I was too busy trying to find room for your dick! Trust me, Stud, if I was interested in going down that path I wouldn't have had any problems at all letting you kn..."

 

He didn't get a chance to finish his tirade, however, because Brian decided a fired-up Justin was a quite sexy Justin, and he knew of only one effective way to shut him up. So he took advantage of the open, inviting lips and plastered a big, wet kiss on them.  He could feel Justin sputtering against his lips in protest for a few seconds and trying to push him away initially, but it was only for a brief moment.  He relaxed somewhat and deepened the kiss as he sensed Justin melting into his embrace and sliding his arms around his waist to link them at his back.  Tongue pushing inside to get a better taste, Brian kept going, even when he felt Justin's hands creeping lower to firmly squeeze his ass cheeks, almost tempting him to rail against him once more.  He noticed his fingers didn't stray anywhere else, though.  He only broke off the kiss when he heard Justin giggling against his mouth and felt his lips vibrating against his.

 

He pulled back in confusion, noticing the look of mirth on the other boy's face.  "What's so damn funny?" he growled as Justin grinned back at him.  He had certainly never gotten that response to his sexual overtures before.

 

"Nothing," was the saucy reply as Justin's eyes twinkled, his previous anger apparently gone now.  In fact, to Brian he seemed to be outright enjoying himself.

 

"Bullshit!  Something's funny!"  Brian growled.  "Why don't you share with me what's so amusing about my kisses that you have to laugh about them?"

 

Justin pursed his lips together firmly and smiled for a moment before he explained, "It's not your kisses, Brian.  It's just that when you started arguing with me a little while ago..."

 

"I started it?"

 

"That's not what I meant....Well, okay, maybe it was.  In a manner of speaking, you have to admit..." Justin began to ramble. 

 

Bestowing a long-suffering look upon him, Brian opened up his mouth to protest vehemently, only to shut it as Justin reached one hand up to place it against his lips.  "Will you just keep quiet for a change?" he entreated.  Brian rolled his eyes at the irony, but remained compliant as Justin went onto explain, "It's just that when you get all riled up, your nose does this thing..."

 

Brian brought his hand up to capture Justin's as he pressed, "What thing?  What are you talking about?"

 

Justin's smile grew wider as he finally revealed, "Well, your nostrils kind of get enlarged and you can see the breath coming in and out in huffs...kind of like when I race Headstrong and he gets all worked up."

 

Brian's mouth fell open in disbelief.  "Wait a damn minute!  Are you comparing me to a fucking horse?"

 

Justin grinned.  "Well, I guess you could say that...and you're both hung, too," he said, his face reddening at the thought of what has just occurred between them on the blanket.   "And look at it this way," he added as Brian glared at him.  "Headstrong is a champion race horse.  I could have compared you to Mr. Ed or My Little Pony instead."

 

Brian gaped at him for several seconds as Justin merely smiled back at him impishly.  "Why, you little shit...Take it back, Justin!"

 

"Hell, no!  Look," he pointed out helpfully as Brian huffed in exasperation, "your nostrils are flaring right now!"

 

Brian scowled over at him for a moment longer and held his breath, his lips pressed tightly together in irritation as Justin shrugged; the water lapped lazily around them for an immeasurable amount of time until suddenly, without any warning, Justin let out a squeal as Brian abruptly dove under the water and grabbed his legs to pull him under with him.

 

The two lovers embraced each other under the surface as Brian stole a water-soaked kiss from his companion before the two of them broke through the water.  Arms entangled around each other, they continued to kiss as they stood chest high in the pond, their desire for each other flaring anew between them.

 

Brian finally broke their kiss, finding that his solution to stifle Justin's diatribe was quite enjoyable; his boy now looked thoroughly kissed and completely ravaged.  His golden hair was plastered tightly against his face, and his eyelids were sprinkled with water drops, and Brian thought he was the most wondrous sight he had ever seen.  "Justin..." he murmured so emotionally that Justin's eyes darkened into a mesmerizing shade of blue, much like the cornflowers his aunt was constantly instructing him to plant around the farmhouse. 

 

"Brian?" was the soft query.

 

Brian lightly brushed Justin's cheek with the back of his hand as he replied in kind, "Yeah?"

 

Justin blushed.  "What's it like?"

 

"What's what like?"

 

Justin turned an even darker shade of pink if that was possible as he replied, "What's it like to do it in the water?"

 

Brian grinned as he understood instantly what Justin meant.  "Want to find out?"  He asked with a leer, reaching down to cup Justin's buttocks to lift him up slightly, the water providing a perfect buoyancy.

 

Justin nodded with a smile of delight, instinctively wrapping his legs around Brian's torso to link them behind his back.  "Yeah...you'll find I'm a quick study."

 


 

Thirty minutes and one fuck in the water later, the two boys had returned to the blanket to lie on  their sides facing each other, Brian holding Justin in his arms as Justin lay with his head on Brian's chest, their legs snared together as their bodies touched from head to foot.  He marveled at how perfectly they fit together and how amazing being with Justin felt.  Yes, his young lover could be quite exasperating at times, but he was also the perfect foil for his more impetuous and devil-may-care nature.  And while he was by far much less experienced than he was in a number of ways, he also challenged him without hesitation and made him feel things he had never felt before.  He made him care.

 

"Justin?" he whispered to him.

 

"Mmmm?" was the sleepy reply.

 

Brian smiled at the lazy response.  "Can I ask you something?"

 

"Yes," Justin replied, his lips creating a ticklish sensation against Brian's skin.  "It was just as good as the first time."

 

Brian chuckled.  "No, that's not what I was going to ask - but that's good to know."

 

Justin raised his head in curiosity.  "What, then?"   He could see Brian seeming to hesitate for just a moment, causing some initial worry.

 

Brian took a breath as he idly caressed Justin's shoulder in a circular pattern.  "Justin...you promised to tell me what happened to Dale; how he died."  That peculiar situation had never been far from his mind, and perhaps this wasn't the best of times to broach it.  But then again; when would it be?  Everyone seemed to pointedly skirt around the topic.  At least with Justin, he could be guaranteed to get the unvarnished truth.

 

"Brian..."

 

"Justin, I need to know.  I think I have a right to know, don't you?  I want to help my aunt and uncle.  I want to understand them, and I can't do that until I know what happened back then."

 

Justin peered into his eyes for a few seconds before he nodded.  "Okay.  I guess you're right."  Justin disentangled himself from Brian's embrace to push himself up into a sitting position on the blanket as Brian did the same, placing his hand on Justin's knee companionably while he waited with rapt attention to finally learn the circumstances of his cousin's death.

 

"Well, you know that he died three years ago," Justin began, clasping his hands in his lap as Brian nodded silently.  "And you know it was during a race?"

 

Brian nodded again, not wanting to possibly do anything to cause Justin to stop now.  He sensed this was going to be his best chance to get at the truth.

 

Justin smiled fondly as he recalled the older boy.  "Dale was an even better racer than I was," he revealed.  "He was my biggest competition, in fact. But he was also fun-loving and a good friend."

 

Brian's eyes widened.  "He was?"  Justin nodded.  He rolled his lips under mischievously. "When did you start racing, then - kindergarten?"

 

Justin rolled his eyes before reaching over to smack Brian in the chest.  "No," he replied with a grin.  "I started about a year before Dale died."  His smile faded as he thought back to that dreadful day.  "It was at the same place, in fact, as where I'll be racing tomorrow - Red Mill."  He winced as the image of Dale's accident popped into his mind and his face contorted in pain as he stared straight ahead, not focusing on anything in particular.

 

"Justin?"

 

He blinked his eyes as he turned to look into Brian's concerned face.  He managed a slight smile of gratitude as he assured him, "I'm okay."  Brian nodded as he took a deep breath.  "I remember it was a beautiful day starting out.  Sunny and not a cloud in the sky.  The temperature was just perfect, too, for racing.  In the low 60's."  Justin felt Brian's grip on his leg tighten as he glanced down at his hands to recall what had happened.  "Dale was already there with his parents when I got there with Jared and mom and dad," he informed Brian. "We always parked our trailers near each other and talked before the race.  It helped both of us to calm our nerves, even though Dale had nothing to worry about.  He was always much more confident in his abilities than I was."

 

Brian frowned.  "I doubt that, Justin.  You have a special gift with horses.  I may not be an expert at all when it comes to what you do, but anyone can see that."

 

Justin smiled.  "Thanks.  But you should have seen Dale!  It was almost like he was one with the horse; almost like he was an extension of True Blue."

 

"True Blue?"

 

Justin nodded.  "That was the name of Dale's race horse."

 

"Was?  Was he injured during the race and had to be put down or something?"

 

"No," he told him wryly.  "Although sometime I wish he had been."  He hastily added, "Pretend I didn't say that.  I don't really mean it, but he CAN be a stubborn son of a bitch sometimes.  Almost ALL the time."  In response to Brian's puzzled look, he explained, "After Dale died, your uncle couldn't bear to look at him anymore, so Sarah asked us if we could board him for them.  He's been at our farm ever since.  But no one can handle him very much, much less ride him."

 

Brian's mouth hung partially open in surprise.  "Not even you?"

 

Justin shook his head.  "No...I go anywhere near him and he starts chuffing and flaring his nostrils in aggravation..."  He blushed with a grin as Brian plastered a pointed gaze at him.  "Sorry...but it's true."  He sighed as his face sobered.  "I don't think my father's too thrilled about us taking care of him, but the Walkers pay us enough to do it and we have the room.  Plus, Vic mainly takes care of his feeding - and he somehow manages to let him groom him, too, although you can never let your guard down around him.  He's a real wild one."

 

Brian nodded.  "What about Dale?" he gently pressed.

 

Justin let out a breath.  "Well, it was the fourth race of the day - around two, I think.  And the place was packed that day.  Dale was shooting for his fourth straight win on the circuit and was undefeated.  There was just something about his rapport with True Blue that made everyone stand up and take notice, so he could really draw the crowds in.  He and I had just reached the starting gate, and I can remember him flashing me this smile and giving me a thumbs up before he waved over at his parents.  They used to attend every race he was in."

 

Justin gazed out through the clearing of the cedar trees, almost as if he were going back into time as he continued softly, "His parents were so proud of what he had accomplished.  Dale and I were positioned side by side at the starting gate that day, like we often were."  He smiled.  "Of course, normally by the end of the race he was pretty far ahead of me.  I can't tell you how many times I would come in second to him at the track."

 

Brian sat quietly next to the younger boy, almost reliving the moment through Justin's eyes as he began to finally learn what had happened.

 

"Anyway, we started the race and we were neck and neck for about the first half of the lap.  But then, as usual, he began to pull away from me and Headstrong.  Normally I would have been fairly close behind him.  But that day..."  He bit his lip.  "That day, I wound up in third place, behind someone else instead."  He sighed.  "Maybe if I had kept up with him that day like I usually could, none of it would have happened."

 

Brian removed his hand from Justin's knee to reach over and clasp his right hand in his.  "None of what, Justin?" he asked him softly, noticing the look of distress and guilt on his face.

 

Justin turned to stare at him for a moment before he told Brian, "Maybe he wouldn't be dead now."

 

"Justin, Aunt Sarah said it was an accident," Brian reminded him softly.

 

He nodded.  "Yeah," he reluctantly agreed.  He let out a heavy breath.  "But was it?" was the shocking reply.

 

Brian frowned as his grip tightened imperceptibly.  "Justin, what exactly happened that day? Why would you say that?"

 

His eyes assuming a faraway look, Justin disclosed painfully, "His wheel.  His left wheel.  The fucking thing just fell right off."  He winced as he recalled the moment that the sulky had pitched over onto its side and Dale had promptly been thrown off.

 

Brian stared into Justin's face as he watched his eyes cloud over.  "He...He might have actually survived, since he was wearing his helmet," he added as Brian firmly held onto his hand.  "But then...he...he was," he sucked in a deep breath and let it out.  "He was trampled by the other horse coming up behind him.  The ambulance that was always kept on call removed him from the track right away and worked on him all the way to the hospital. But there was nothing that could be done.  His windpipe was crushed by the weight of the horse, and he had suffered several broken ribs and a punctured lung."  He shuddered at the thought as Brian tugged him closer to his body and slid his arm around his waist comfortingly.

 

"That must have been awful," Brian murmured.  He could feel Justin trembling beside him as he nodded.

 

"Yeah," he whispered.   "We all went to the hospital as soon as we had Headstrong secured at the stable.  But by the time we got there, he was already gone."  He pressed his lips tightly together as he turned to stare into Brian's face.  "Mrs. Walker was so upset.  She was sobbing loudly in the ER, and nothing my mother did could console her.  But Mr. Walker...Your uncle just sat there like he was in a trance.  It was like he had no emotion on his face at all, almost like his purpose for living was gone.  It was like a light had been extinguished in him; like he was an entirely different person. And...He's been like that ever since."  He blinked before his lips turned upward.  "At least until you got here."

 

Brian smirked.  "Well, I do bring out the best in everyone."  He shared a grin with Justin until he noticed his lover's expression cloud over again.  His face changed into something more solemn as he asked, "Justin, why did it sound like you were questioning whether it was an accident before?  Are you suggesting it was something else?  Surely it was investigated."

 

Justin nodded.  "Yeah.  They interviewed all the drivers - that's what they call the harness racers," he explained as he noticed Brian's look of confusion.  "And they talked to all the maintenance people and even viewed the footage of the race itself.  But there was nothing to suggest it was anything but an accident, and that's what the coroner ultimately ruled was the cause of death."

 

Brian pulled Justin a little closer to his body as he pressed, "But you still have doubts.  Why?"

 

Justin struggled to explain.  "I don't really know. It's just that it didn't feel right; it still doesn't feel right.  Dale was always so careful about preparing for a race.  He always wore a helmet, protective goggles, and even knee pads.  He was so meticulous about checking the sulky before he harnessed True Blue to it.  And he always did a final walk around the entire apparatus and checked for any loose or damaged parts before he climbed on board.  He kept a religious maintenance schedule, and it always looked brand new.  He had never had any problems with it before. That's why this doesn't make sense at all, Brian.  How could he have missed something as major as a loose wheel?"

 

"I don't know," Brian admitted.  "Maybe it wasn't loose before he started the race.  Maybe he hit a rut in the track and it jarred it loose."

 

"Maybe," Justin conceded, although he still had his doubts.  "But not very likely.  The surface of the track is always raked before a race to smooth over anything like that, and it's one of the best-run tracks in the state.  I just don't understand how something like that could have come loose that quickly, even if he DID miss it somehow.   It just defies logic.  How did it go from being secure to being loose enough that it fell all the way off?"

 

Brian shook his head.  "Did you bring this up to Uncle Will or Aunt Sarah?"

 

"No," Justin admitted regretfully.  "I figured the Racing Commission Board would investigate it thoroughly and that they knew more about what to look for than I did.  And Mrs. Walker was so upset after it happened that I didn't have the heart to insinuate it might have been intentional.  And your uncle...well, he clammed up so tightly after it happened that no one could reach him."  He closed his eyes briefly before letting out a tense breath.  Turning to Brian, he advised him, "Do you know he still can't visit his grave?  They buried him in the family plot at the back of the farm.  But as far as I know he's never been out there to see it.  I've seen your aunt out there several times with Solomon.  She always brings him flowers from their garden and makes sure that the grass inside the fenced-in area is cut; Vic or I do that for her.  But I'm pretty sure your uncle has never been there."

 

"Well, he certainly doesn't come off as the sentimental type," Brian countered.  "So it figures."

 

"No, that's not exactly true," Justin insisted.  "He wasn't always the way he is, Brian.  You've started to bring out something in him again."

 

Brian brought Justin's hand over to his cock, letting him feel the hardness beneath.  "You bring out something in me."

 

Justin blushed deeply as he felt the pulsating shaft, hot and silky under his touch.  "Brian..." he murmured in embarrassment.

 

Brian grinned in amusement over how easy his lover was, his tongue rolled into his cheek over Justin's reaction.  He felt Justin give his cock a brief squeeze before, to his disappointment, Justin brought their hands back to rest on top of Brian's thigh.  His face turned serious as he asked Justin softly, "You really think Dale's accident might have been deliberately caused?  Someone would actually do that?" 

 

Justin sighed.  "It's possible," he admitted.  "Racing can be a cutthroat business, especially when money's involved."

 

Brian's eyes widened slightly.  "You've seen that?"

 

Justin nodded.  "Oh, a lot of them don't come out and SAY they would do something to ruin your chances of winning.  And most drivers are very ethical and have a great deal of responsibility when it comes to their horses and to other drivers.  But money can change people a lot - and not all to the good.  I haven't been racing all that long, but Vic has. And the stories he tells me - about horses being drugged so they're unable to race, bets being made to throw races...and equipment being sabotaged so either a horse can't run at all or the rider suddenly comes down with an illness...Yes, I would say it IS possible that it was sabotage."

 

Brian shook his head sadly.  "Unbelievable," he muttered.  "All for a fucking horse race."  He gazed over at the boy who had become so important to him.  "You've won a lot of races yourself, Justin; aren't you worried that something could happen to you, too?"

 

Justin swallowed hard.  He'd be lying if he said that thought hadn't crossed his mind from time to time.  But what choice did he have?  It was their main source of income, the only way they stayed afloat.  They certainly couldn't live on the money his mother's honey crop brought in or on the basis of his father's accounting acumen.

 

"Justin?"

 

He lifted his gaze to look into Brian's worried eyes.  "I've thought about it," he finally admitted as Brian's grip on his hand tightened.  "But you can't live like that, worrying day to day about something that might not ever happen.  And we need the money," he added simply.

 

"No amount of money is worth your life," was the fervent reply as Brian leaned in closer to Justin's face, becoming engrossed in the blue eyes staring back at him.  "Justin, I..."  He wasn't sure what he wanted to say at that moment, or even how to express how he was feeling.  But he DID know that this boy was engendering feelings in him that were both deep as well as fucking terrifying, kind of like scaling the highest cliff.  Unable to say aloud what he was feeling, he chose, instead, to try and show him as he leaned in and gently placed his lips against the full, plush lips, feeling Justin's small pants of breath washing over his mouth.  This kiss was gentle, sensual, and lazy, but he hoped that it expressed to Justin everything he wanted it to as he finally pulled back to stare into his eyes again, their hands still clasped between them.

 

Justin sighed, noting the darkness fast encroaching.  "I...I have to get back," he told him with deep regret.  "I promised my mom and dad I wouldn't be gone too long, and I need to try and get a good night's sleep before the race tomorrow."  One side of his mouth turned upward as he added wryly, "If that's possible, that is."

 

Brian grinned.  "Are you saying I'm a bad influence on you, Rex?"

 

Justin laughed.  "Rex?  That's a new one."  He stared into Brian's eyes as he admitted softly, "Yeah, you ARE a bad influence on me...in a good way."

 

Brian didn't need any further invitation to steal another kiss for several seconds until, with great reluctance, he pulled back.  "Okay," he finally whispered as he reached up to tenderly tuck some stray hair behind Justin's ear, knowing if he was to maintain any level of civility and tolerance with Justin's parents - especially his father - he'd better not rock the boat too much.  Besides, he knew his uncle would be looking for him soon.  He had made up some lame-ass excuse earlier that he was 'going for a walk.'  Even to his own ears, that sounded pretty ridiculous.  He certainly was no nature lover; at least, not unless it involved spending time in a grove of trees making love to this beautiful boy. And he decided that that was what it was - making love.  To merely peg it as 'having sex' or 'fucking' wasn't really doing it justice.

 

He rose to slowly stand up and extend his hand down to the other boy; Justin clasped his hand in his as Brian helped him up, stealing one more quick peck on his lips before the two of them walked over to begin getting dressed.  Brian noticed Justin wincing as he bent down to shrug into his pants, jamming his briefs into one of the pockets.  "I should have warned you about that," Brian told him.  "You're going to be sore tomorrow.  After all, you always are when you're using muscles you've never used before," he said with a wink, causing Justin to blush again before he groaned at the thought of riding in the race tomorrow.

 

"How sore?"

 

Brian smirked; secretly proud that he was cause of it.  The idea of Justin never having been with anyone else made him feel inordinately smug as well as pleased.

 

"Oh, about as sore as someone who's had a broom shoved up their ass," he replied with a grin.  "A BIG broom."

 

"Fuck," Justin growled.  "Do you know how hard those damn seats are on a sulky?"  Just the thought of being jostled around on top of one of those unforgiving leather seats was making him cringe.  Pulling on his shirt he stood facing Brian, grasping his shoes and socks in his hands as he looked around for his treasured gift.  At least Brian wasn't laughing at him; he supposed that was something.

 

Brian smiled.  "I'll get it," he told him softly as, now clad in his jeans but still bare-chested and without shoes and socks, he walked over and retrieved the leather sketchbook.  Returning to Justin's side, he extended it outward to hand it to him, only to grab Justin's wrist as the younger boy reached out to take it.

 

"Brian...I really do have to go..."

 

"I know," he assured him as he pulled him closer.  "What time is your race tomorrow?" he asked softly.

 

"One o'clock."

 

Brian nodded.  "I bet it's amazing to watch one of those races; I'd love to be there to watch you."  To watch OVER you, he thought silently. But he wouldn't say that out loud.  Perhaps he didn't need to, though, as Justin flushed in pleasure.

 

"You would?"

 

Brian nodded again.  "Yeah.   I guess there's no way I could talk my uncle into going, though; especially after what you just told me.  And there's no fucking way that I could drive."  Somehow he suspected that his aunt wouldn't do it, either, although he imagined he could be quite persuasive where she was concerned.  Something told him, however, that in this backwater of a town what the husband says still goes, at least in the Walker household, so he knew as strong a woman as his aunt was, she wouldn't go against his uncle's wishes.  "Damn.  I'd really like to be there, Justin."

 

Justin's face fell; he, too, would love nothing better than to have Brian there watching him race.  Tomorrow was shaping up to be a beautiful, early summer day, and Headstrong was right on mark lately.  He had enough of a strong bond with the horse to know when he was on his game, and he could tell; they would do well tomorrow.  Unless someone unexpectedly enters the circuit tomorrow that he's not familiar with, he stood an excellent chance of coming out on top again.   Racing always got his adrenalin pumping; with Brian there, it would be an incredible day.  "I wish you could be there, too," he whispered sincerely as Brian's fingers caressed his wrist.

 

All of a sudden, Brian had a promising epiphany.  "Vic's going, isn't he?

 

Justin's face broke out into a hopeful smile.  "Yeah...he's going to be hauling the horse trailer tomorrow.  And Emmett wants to come watch the race, too.  So..."

 

"So I think I can hitch a ride with them - don't you think?" Brian finished the statement for him, grinning at the thought.  Perhaps afterward he and Justin could privately 'celebrate' what would no doubt be another win for him, too.  After tonight, he knew one encounter would never be enough with this boy.  He suspected a lifetime of encounters would never leave him fully satisfied.

 

Justin nodded, his face breaking out into a radiant smile that almost made Brian's heart stop.  "Yeah!  I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all!"  His face sobered, however, as he asked, "You think your uncle will let you come, though?"

 

"He'd better," Brian growled.  "He's been working me like a fucking dog ever since I got here.  I deserve a little time off.  I think I can convince Aunt Sarah to help me with my cause.  What time do you think Vic and Emmett will have to leave?"

 

Justin bit his lip.  "Well, since he's bringing Headstrong, he has to get there a little early.  Maybe around 11:30?  That's about the same time that we're leaving."

 

Brian nodded.  "Sounds good.  That should give me enough time to take care of some chores, too; that should satisfy my uncle somewhat."  He winced at the word 'chores.'  "Shit, he's already turning me into a damn hillbilly!"

 

Justin laughed as he pulled Brian closer to him.  "Maybe...but you are one sexy hillbilly," he whispered, his voice low and silky.

 

Brian pushed his tongue into the corner of his mouth.  "I am, aren't I?" he agreed as Justin grinned at him.  "Care to refresh my memory?"

 

"You're insatiable," Justin decided as the other boy swooped in for one, final kiss. Tongues dueling and two pairs of thoroughly-ravaged lips later, they reluctantly broke apart.

 

Only when it comes to you, Brian thought silently as he smiled over at him.  "Go," he urged him as he let go of him.  "Go before I decide I need to take another ride."

 

Justin blushed at the thought as, clutching his precious gift, he nodded and turned to go, glancing back after several feet to see Brian watching him.  Brian made a sort of shooing motion with his hands and called out, "Git along, Little Doggie," as Justin rolled his eyes and with a grin slowly walked away.  "I'll see you tomorrow," he called after him confidently as Justin nodded; soon he disappeared through the thick expanse of trees.

 

Brian stood there, his thoughts a jumble of emotions, before he slipped his shoes and socks back on and, shrugging into his shirt, headed in the same direction as Justin, wondering how he was going to sleep tonight as well.