Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Pun intended there. :) With tonight being the season finale, I had to post an additional chapter with more info. Info from CW, Wetpaint and EW. 

 

'Secret Circle' EP Andrew Miller previews tonight's season finale

by Mandi Bierly

Tonight, The Secret Circlecloses its first season with a finale that exec producer Andrew Miller promises will answer our questions about John Blackwell (Joe Lando). When we last left the teen witches of Chance Harbor, Cassie (Britt Robertson) and Diana (Shelley Hennig) had learned that Blackwell had orchestrated the creation of their entire Circle, even if he only fathered them, and Diana found out that Charles (Gale Harold), the father who raised her, had killed Cassie’s mother. Oh, and Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) was kidnapped by Eben (Sammi Rotibi), and Blackwell got his hands on the final crystal needed to make the Crystal Skull, which he insists is the only way the Circle can defeat the Witch Hunters. “There is an extremely diabolical next phase to Blackwell’s plans that the kids aren’t privy to, that Faye’s kidnapping has something to do with,” Miller teases. By the end of the hour, we will know Blackwell’s true intentions. “He’s a complicated guy, to say the least. But we’ll completely understand why he’s in Chance Harbor and what he wants, and the viewers can decide just how evil or not evil they think he is,” Miller says. “And Cassie will make that decision very clearly.” There’s a reason the episode is titled “Family”: “For all the characters, but particularly for Cassie and Diana, it becomes a choice about defining whether your family is made up of blood or choice. That’s the decision Diana will have to make, that Cassie will have to make, and the others will have to make as they head to the final minutes of the show.”

What else can you expect? Look for Charles and Dawn (Natasha Henstridge) to have a real chance to get their powers back. “Over the last couple of episodes, both of them have come to realize how misguided and selfish their goals have been. While they’ve been talking a big game about wanting their powers back in order to help their kids, this is when they really dohave to help their kids. It’s more important than ever to get their powers back,” Miller says. “There’s a way to do that, but they’ve been looking for the easy way out this whole time. What we come to learn is there is no power without loss, no power without struggle. If they want the power, the out won’t be so easy.”

The promo reveals that the Circle will be unbound. “In order to save the Circle, they’ll have to come apart,” Miller says. “But the consequences of that are more complicated than they first imagine.” A preview clip, meanwhile, shows Jake (Chris Zylka) and Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy) reaching Faye — and Jake kissing her before Eben knocks them all to the ground. “They’re all fun characters, but Jake and Faye are so similar in that they have these very strong masks that they wear that guard against their emotions. I think when Faye’s life is really in danger, when his life is really in danger, there’s just no time for that bulls— anymore,” Miller says. “That’s a moment where Jake is like, I don’t know if we’re gonna make it three steps beyond this, but I have to do this now. I still don’t think he’s gonna write a sonnet for her, but the way he expresses himself is that kiss to say, ‘We might not make it around the next corner, but this is how I feel about you.’ That ties in to an ending beat with them, too.”

The Secret Circle has yet to be renewed for a second season, but if giving the finale solid ratings isn’t enough of a reason to watch, here’s another: Miller had to get out of jury duty this week so he could promote the episode. “I wrote out a whole essay saying this is why I need to postpone to next week. It was like a magical spell, I highly recommend it to people trying to get out of jury duty — use magic,” he jokes. Let’s give him the final word: ”What was very important to all of us was to do a finale that answered questions…. It’s an epic finale that ties everything back together, that brings the past to the present and pushes the characters toward the future in a way that I think will be really satisfying to people. And, there’s a little bit of fun thrown in, just for good measure.”

 

 

 


 

 

The Secret Circle Season 1 Finale Spoilers: A Death That Drastically Changes...

by Mehera Bonner SPOILER ALERT!!

The Grim Reaper is coming to Chance Harbor — and no, we don't meanAdam (Thomas Dekker) and his hoodie. Apparently, one of our favorite characters will die during The Secret Circle's highly anticipated Season 1 finale, and executive producer Andrew Miller is spilling some serious secrets!

"We don't want this to be a world where death comes easily," Andrew Miller tells TV Guide. "In this finale, this death will drastically change people. For Cassie's [Britt Robertson] journey, this whole season has been about her transition from teen to adult, and the emotional ramifications of this death really conclude that journey." 

Could this have anything to do with the disturbing scene in the promo where Cassie chokes Diana (Shelley Hennig) with her Balcoin brain magic? If Dirty Diana dies, we're pretty much guaranteed to spend our summer vaycay in mourning. Sigh, time to break out our cutest black bikini. 

Source: TV Guide

 


 

Slightly connected article, but not really... but we'll absolutely agree! :)

 

12 Sexy Supernaturals and Superhumans: Fangs, Fur, and Everything In Between (PHOTOS)

This list wouldn't be complete without our own Secret Circle sexy bad ass Charles! I was extremely pleased he made the list... it would have been just wrong not to! Click on the link for more hotness, especially if you like True Blood or VP. Just had to share this, as well as the pic included. 

stories/864/images/TSCGaleasCharles2.jpg

 


Additional synopsis, added 5/15/12:

The Secret Circle Recap of the Season 1 Finale: Deaths, a Departure, and a Whole Lotta Family Drama

by Mehera Bonner

Watching The Secret Circle's epic season finale was like binge eating a meat lovers' pizza. We felt nauseous, horrified, and ready for seconds. This week, our favorite band of outsiders blew us away with their magical incantations and hilarious O-faces –– and even better? All our questions were finally answered! Well, except for one: Will Charles' (Gale Harold) spirit animal ever return to its nest?

My Preciousssssss

Remember last week when ‘90s Blackwell magically consumated it with all the hotties in his Circle? Well, Cassie (Britt Robertson) and Diana (Shelley Hennig) are still totally grossed out by their pervy dad, but he just might be the key to saving Faye's (Phoebe Tonkin) life. Blackwell's completely obsessed with creating the crystal skull, and he wants Sassy Cassie and Dirty Di to tap into their Balcoin blood in order to assemble it. Family bonding time!

The Balcoin Babes head over to the middle of nowhere with Blackwell, and together they build the crystal skull. It's a complicated process, so listen up: First, you wander around the woods until you happen upon some "ceremonial ground." Then you turn on world music. Then you light all your pet rocks on fire, throw them into a lake, let their energies "form into a collective shape," have about a million spellgasms, and voila! Giant crystal skull. The only bummer? Side effects include unbinding your Circle. 

Which brings us to Jake (Chris Zylka), Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy), and Adam (Thomas Dekker) –– who head to the boatyard in the hopes of rescuing Faye only to find out their solo magic is back! The return of Jake's hocus pocus makes him more eager than ever to save Faye (dude just wants to sing "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias), but he barely makes it five feet before Adam faceplants him. Sigh, Adam. Remind us not to list you on our emergency contacts.

In other news, Charles and Dawn (Natasha Henstridge) have finally realized that their kids are serial killers, so Charles turns to the one person he trusts the most in the world: His mom. You know, that crazy lady who tried to kill Cassie with an elderberry branch. Unfortunately, Old Lady Meade can't bring back Charles and Dawn's powers, so she strips herself of magic and bestows it onto them. Which kind of makes up for her homicide attempt earlier this season. 

Charles in Season 1, Episode 22: “Family Photo Credit: Marcel Williams/The CW ©2012 The CW Network Photo: 

Charles contemplates his huge decision in the Season 1 Finale.

Where Did You Go, My Lovely? Where Did You, Where Did You Go?

While Charles bonds with his mommy, Jake and Melissa ditch Adam and head into the foggy boatyard to find Faye. They come across her in no time and Jake proceeds to jam his tongue down her throat (stud speak for "I missed you"), but sadly their reunion is cut short when Eben and his worm brain light them on fire. Sigh, where is Cassie when you need her?

Speaking of Cassie, we're worried. Girlfriend is fondling that skull like we fondle M&Ms, and let's just say she looks crazier than usual. Even Blackwell notices Cassie's power trip, so he's just like "talk to the hand" and renders both her and Diana unconscious. They wake up at the clubhouse (surrounded by a wall of fire), and Blackwell explains that his life's work is killing witches so Balcoins can rule the world. Oh, and also? There are four other Balcoin children coming to Chance Harbor. This is just like the Duggars, only with magic.

But forget Blackwell and his love children, because it's time to pour some out for our fallen homie. Charles Meade is (kinda) joining Jen Lindley inDawson's Creek heaven! Here's what goes down: Dawn and Charles head to the boathouse to rescue their kiddos, and while Dawn puts out the fire, Charles casts a deathly spell on Eben. Commence ugly-crying, because all of Eben's worm friends wiggle into Charles, and he promptly throws himself overboard in protest. Nooooo!

As Charles floats downstream, Jake shivs Eben and then the entire gang get the worst sunburn ever. Yep, the crystal skull is killing them, and it's all part of Blackwell's evil plan to rid the world of witches, bwah ha ha ha ha! 

Blackwell Works His Magic in Season 1, Episode 22: “Family Photo Credit: Marcel Williams/The CW ©2012 The CW Network Photo: 

Blackwell taps into his dark magic to unleash the Crystal Skull in the Season 1 Finale.

Secret Siblings!
 
Over at the clubhouse, Cassie realizes that Diana needs to access her dark magic if they're going to stop Blackwell, so she chokes her to semi-death. You know, just enough to make her pissed. Luckily, Diana uses her dark powers to fight off Cassie, and together they kill Blackwell with the crystal skull. Oh, and during this entire series of events Adam is cowering in the corner with a bloody nose. 
 
So, now that Blackwell and Eben are dead, we're in for a happy ending, right? Wrong. So very wrong. The gang gather at Cassie's house to chat about what a hot mess their lives are, and decide Adam should destroy the crystal skull so they can re-bind the Circle safely. Unfortunately, Diana has zero interest in her homies from the Harbor, and leaves town with Grant to spend some time in the land down under. And yes, we mean that in more ways than one.

Lastly, it's time for our favorite part of The Secret Circle: the epic end-of-episode montage. As soulful hipster music plays in the background, Faye and Jake make out, Adam morphs into Gollum from Lord of The Rings, Melissa and Faye party up a storm, Charles enters a coma, and Diana and Cassie realize the Balcoin sign is branded on their palms. But most importantly, the fab four Balcoin siblings are hanging on a hill outside Chance Harbor. Dun, dun, dunnnn! 

 


 

© Wetpaint Entertainment Any images and content contained on this site relating to "Secret Circle" are not authorized by "Secret Circle"™ and The CW © and its related companies. All rights reserved.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Season finale TONIGHT! 9pm, PST, on the CW... or tomorrow online at cwtv.com, or the CW app if you have an iphone or ipad... should be available through itunes, too!