Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

The Secret Circle Season 1, Episode 16, “Lucky,” Synopsis: John Blackwell’s Evil Agenda

by Whitney Ricketts

 

The Secret Circle doesn’t return until March 15, 2012, despite our repeated attempts to cast a spell on our televisions to show us more shirtless Jake. However, when the show does come back, in Season 1, Episode 16, “Lucky,” expect an episode jam-packed with secrets, romance, and danger. Just another day in Chance Harbor, y’all — but this time, there’s a new hunk in town, played by Once Upon a Time’s Tim Phillips. (Sidebar: Is there a supernatural hot man portal or something?)


In Episode 16, Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy) puts the smack down on lovelorn Diana (Shelley Hennig) and tells her to get it together, stop making out with rando pizza boys, and go on a date with the nice new guy in town. Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) gets an unpleasant surprise when she marches over to Lee’s house to ask him out, but instead meets his girlfriend, who has just awoken from her coma. Oh, and Cassie’s dad John Blackwell (Joe Lando) is apparently looking for something very specific and seemingly harmful: a device that drains witches of their powers. Was Adam (Thomas Dekker) right to warn Cassie (Britt Robertson) about her dad, after all?

Check out the official CW synopsis below:

CASSIE CONFRONTS HER FATHER, DIANA FINDS NEW LOVE AND FAYE TURNS UP THE HEAT WITH LEE — Cassie (Britt Robertson) catches Blackwell (guest star Joe Lando) sneaking around the abandoned house.  After confiding in Adam (Thomas Dekker), he tells her he knows Blackwell was looking for a device to drain witches’ powers and clearly back to his old ways.  Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) shows up at Lee’s (guest star Grey Damon) house to invite him to the school fundraiser, but is taken aback when Eva (guest star Alexia Fast) greets her at the door claiming to be Lee’s girlfriend.  Meanwhile, Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy) encourages Diana (Shelley Hennig) to date a normal guy and points her in the direction of a new, handsome guy in town (guest star Tim Phillipps).  Dawn (Natasha Henstridge) runs into Blackwell at the school but the reunion isn’t quite what she expected.  Joshua Butler directed the episode written by Katie Wech (#116).

 

I realize this video was embedded in the previous chapter, but I may as well place it here, too, right? Since it is for this episode. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nJSpEzIsb4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>