Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Episode description from Wetpaint.

The Secret Circle Photos For Season 1, Episode 13, "Medallion": Jake Joins the Circle

stories/864/images/TSCMedallion5.jpg

 

 stories/864/images/TSCMedallion4.jpg

 

stories/864/images/TSCMedallion2.jpg

 

stories/864/images/TSCMedallion.jpg

 

Gale's scenes from "Medallion":


The Secret Circle Recap of Season 1, Episode 13 “Medallion”: Love Triangle

by Mehera Bonner 

Fact: The only thing more magical than the town of Chance Harbor is our love for Jake Armstrong (Chris Zylka). Join us as we work our way through this epic episode of The Secret Circle, wherein Adam (Thomas Dekker) celebrates his birthday, Melissa takes “the herb,” and Jake, Cassie (Britt Robertson), and Adam partake in the most exciting love triangle of our generation!

 

Medallion Stallion

We’re still afraid of pigs thanks to the last time witch hunters took a stay-cation in Chance Harbor, and apparently they’re boating back to town. Their target? Cassie Blake. This poor girl has already been through the ringer – first her grandma disappeared to a “retreat” (read: old folks’ home), then she choked on her imagination, and now a bunch of burly men and their shivs are trying to kill her. 

So how does Cassie learn this info? From Lucy, a psychic who was on the boat 16 years ago and recognizes Cassie. Turns out Lucy’s in town to warn Cass that one of the witch hunters peeped on her while she was in Jake’s memory, and now the whole crew wants her dead. 

Meanwhile, Diana tells Adam about Cassie’s new grave-digging hobby, and he storms over to her house to mark his territory and tearfully bring up that night they kissed. Sigh, where is an acoustic guitar when we need one? Obviously, Cassie turns to Jake for help since Adam is an emotional mess, and the two of them head to the clubhouse to get frisky with her dad’s necklace. 

Just staring at this piece of silver man-jewelry causes a crazy windstorm in the basement, and naturally Jake saves Cassie by throwing his studly body on her. Our hero! Unfortunately, Adam skips down the stairs and walks in on them, and the poor guy is so overcome with jealousy that he wanders off into a nearby field.

After Cassie talks Adam down, she and Jake hop in his truck (studs don’t own cars) and drive to Lucy’s hotel, where Lu tells them that the medallion needs to be “unlocked” by the Circle. There’s just one problem: When Cassie and Jake get back to her house, she realizes that the medallion has been stolen from her secret cubby hole. Our guess? Either Frodo or Gollum took it.

 

Birthday Blowout

We’re all about the Circle coming together to perform group spells, but it might be somewhat difficult if Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) keeps popping herbal tinctures. She’s convinced that Devil’s Spirit will give her access to solo powers, and even worse? She has Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy) experimenting as well. We’re worried. Isn’t Devil’s Spirit a gateway drug to English Breakfast?

But there are more important issues at hand: It’s Adam’s birthday. Our sweet sixteenager is growing up right before our eyes, and it’s time to get our party on. Now, you might think Adam is the type who’d celebrate his b-day at a slam poetry reading, but think again. Ethan (Adam Harrington) decides Adam’s in need of a party, so he turns to Diana (Shelley Hennig) for help! Despite the whole thing being slightly awkward, Diana party-plans her heart out and gives a super-emotional speech about her “friendship” (read: passionate love affair) with Adam. Sigh, can’t these two just work it out? 

While this emo display of affection is going down, Cassie realizes that Adam stole her medallion, so she shows up at the party to get it back. Girlfriend is caught in the kind of love triangle that dreams are made of, and she has to make a decision. As beautiful and sweet as Adam is, Cassie wants to be with someone who understands her, so she lets Adam down easy and heads back to Jake. Unfortch, their love connection is broken when Jake reveals that he killed a witch!

Meanwhile, Melissa and Faye’s stash of Devil’s Spirit gets blown away by a gust of wind (necklace powers?), and they call Callum for another hit. He shows up looking vaguely sketchy and greasy, and immediately starts eye-sexing Melissa – who’s completely blazed. At this point, Jake saunters in and kicks Callum out while we swoon. Dreamy sigh!

In other news, Dawn (Natasha Henstridge) seems to have a sinister cut on her hand, which apparently is a nasty side effect of “marking” someone. Turns out Dawn marked Lucy after she failed to protect John Blackwell on the boat 16 years ago – but is everything really as it seems? Dawn forces Lucy to help her track down a crystal, and just as we think we’re in for some female bonding, Lucy shivs Dawn in the stomach and leaves her for dead. That’s right, girlfriend is a witch hunter! 

 

Daddy’s Girl

After Adam’s party, Cassie gathers the Circle to activate the medallion. They meet up with Lucy in the woods, and she instructs them to stand around a fire, hold hands, and chant a spell (Kumbaya, obvs). As the fire roars, the gang realize that the medallion is stealing their magic, and Lucy explains that the reason it’s so powerful is because it holds generations of witchy power. 

Unfortunately for Lu-Lu, Cassie remembers the spell her father used to kill the witch hunters 16 years ago. Cass burns Lucy’s feet until she admits that John Blackwell is still alive, and then banishes her from Chance Harbor. Sadly (actually, not that sadly), Lucy reports back to her witch hunter leader and gets her throat slit. It was a good run. 

In other news, Charles (Gale Harold) is determined to reunite with his crystal, so he roofies Ethan’s coffee, takes back his pet rock, and heads over to Dawn’s house – only to find her swimming in a pool of blood. Don’t worry Chawn fans – Charles rubs his crystal all over Dawn’s face and she wakes up in his arms. Is it wrong that we think their relationship is the cutest on the show?

Meanwhile, the rest of the characters are busy having a montage. Melissa calls up Callum for some more Devil’s Spirit, Adam tears up when he discovers a present from Diana, and Cassie creates a windstorm in the basement and mutters “daddy” under her breath. But most importantly? Jake invites Faye over to his bachelor pad and they have a crazy-hot makeout session. Feel free to pass out onto your computer.


Photo Credit: Sergi Bachlakov/The CW ©2011 The CW Network

 

Chapter End Notes:

Screen caps coming soon... unless you don't want more pics of Gale. ;)