Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 12] Printer
Summary:

Black Dagger Brotherhood - if you're not familiar with this, it's a series of paranormal romance novels written by J.R. Ward. It's about your not-so-typical vampires. This whole story will make more sense if you are familiar with her books and characters, but if you're not and read this anyway, then know it's about vampires... yes they need blood to survive. And this is a rated M story, by me, so there will be graphic sex... you can jump for joy now.

Summary: Qhuinn has been chosen... is it what he wanted?

He would never admit to needing a shoulder to cry on... but perhaps the right person can help him. But help him with what exactly?

Features Layla and Blay. m/m and f/m/m. And yes, I went there. 


Rated: NC-18
Categories: MISCELLANEOUS FICTION Characters: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No
Word count: 53032 Read: 24256
Published: November 02, 2011 Updated: December 31, 2011
Story Notes:

I know I have other QAF stories I need to work on (and homework to do), but when inspiration hits my mind won't focus on anything else. My muse can be a fickle bitch (and I won't take that back even if he has queening out on me for calling him that)... and I lost my mojo... but I got 10 chapters done, and I like where it's at for now. I will be continuing this story when my muse inspires me again, but in the mean time I had to share what I had. (I realize the title may be QAF inspired, but... QAF inspires me, always, after all, my muse is Brian.)

Extended Summary: Qhuinn is selected to serve Layla during her needing... but is it what he really wanted now that he has changed so much? What about John and Blay? What is an unworthy male to do? Well the Scribe Virgin has something to say about that. And little does he know that Blay will be helping... how in the hell will that work?

Well, you'll have to read to find out. There is a reason this is rated M, after all. Yes, this features some f/m/m scenes... if you don't like, don't read... but if you don't mind, it's definitely worth it. I've been wanting to write a Qhuinn/Blay story for a while... actually ever since Lover Unleashed and there was no Blay/Qhuinn resolution, so here you go.

1. Chapter 1 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 4] (3855 words)

 

Glossary

Black Dagger Brotherhood  Highly-trained vampire warriors who protect their species against the Lessening Society. As a result of selective breeding within the race, Brothers possess immense physical and mental strength as well as rapid healing capabilities. They are not siblings for the most part and are inducted into the Brotherhood upon nomination by the Brothers. Aggressive, self-reliant and secretive by nature, they exist apart from civilians, having little contact with members of the other classes except when they need to feed. They are the subject of legend and the object of reverence within the vampire world.

blood slave  Male or female vampire who has been subjugated to serve the blood needs of another. The practice of keeping blood slaves has largely been discontinued, though it has not been outlawed.

The Chosen  Female vampires who have been bred to serve the Scribe Virgin. They are considered members of the aristocracy, though they are spiritually rather than temporally focused. They have little or no interaction with males, but can be mated at the Scribe Virgin’s direction to propagate their class. They have the ability to prognosticate.

doggen  Member of the servant class within the vampire world. Doggens have old, conservative traditions about service to their superiors, following a formal code of dress and behavior. They are able to go out during the day, but they age relatively quickly. Life expectancy is approximately five hundred years.

The Fade  Non-temporal realm where the dead reunite with their loved ones and pass eternity.

First Family  The king and queen of the vampires and any children they may have.

hellren  Male vampire who has been mated to a female. Males may take more than one female as mate.

leelan  A term of endearment loosely translated as 'dearest one'.

Lessening Society  Order of slayers convened by the Omega for the purpose of eradicating the vampire species.

lesser  De-souled human who targets vampires for extermination as a member of the Lessening Society. Lessers must be stabbed through the chest in order to be killed, otherwise they are ageless. They do not eat or drink and are impotent. Over time, their hair, skin and irises lose pigmentation until they are blonde, blushless and pale-eyed. They smell like baby powder. Inducted into the Society by the Omega, they retain a ceramic jar thereafter into which their heart was placed after it was removed.

needing period  Female vampire's time of fertility, generally lasting for two days and accompanied by intense sexual cravings. Occurs approximately five years after a female's transition and then once a decade thereafter. All males respond to some degree if they are around a female in her need. It can be a dangerous time with conflicts and fights breaking out between competing males, particularly if the female is not mated.

The Omega  Malevolent, mystical figure who has targeted the vampires for extinction out of resentment directed towards the Scribe Virgin. Exists in a non-temporal realm and has extensive powers, though not the power of creation.

princeps  Highest level of the vampire aristocracy, second only to members of the First Family or the Scribe Virgin’s Chosen. Must be born to the title; it may not be conferred.

pyrocant  Refers to a critical weakness in an individual. The weakness can be internal, such as an addiction, or external, such as a lover.

rythe  Ritual manner of assuaging honor granted by one who has offended another. If accepted, the offended chooses a weapon and strikes the offender who presents him or herself without defenses.

The Scribe Virgin  Mystical force who is counselor to the king as well as the keeper of vampire archives and the dispenser of privileges. Exists in a non-temporal realm and has extensive powers. Capable of a single act of creation which she expended to bring the vampires into existence.

shellan  Female vampire who has been mated to a male. Females generally do not take more than one mate due to the highly territorial nature of bonded males.

The Tomb  Sacred vault of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Used as a ceremonial site as well as a storage facility for the jars of lessers. Ceremonies performed there include inductions, funerals and disciplinary actions against Brothers. No one may enter except for members of the Brotherhood, the Scribe Virgin, or candidates for induction.

transition  Critical moment in a vampire’s life when he or she transforms into an adult. Thereafter, they must drink the blood of the opposite sex to survive and are unable to withstand sunlight. Occurs generally in the mid-twenties. Some vampires do not survive their transitions, males in particular. Prior to their transitions, vampires are physically weak, sexually unaware and unresponsive, and unable to dematerialize.

vampire  Member of a species separate from that of homo sapiens. Vampires must drink the blood of the opposite sex to survive. Human blood will keep them alive, though the strength does not last long. Following their transitions, which occur in their mid-twenties, they are unable to go out into sunlight and must feed from the vein regularly. Vampires may not 'convert' humans through a bite or transfer of blood, though they are in rare cases able to breed with the other species. Vampires can dematerialize at will, though they must be able to calm themselves and concentrate to do so and may not carry anything heavy with them. They are able to strip the memories of humans, provided such memories are short term. Some vampires are able to read minds. Life expectancy is indeterminate.


 

2. Chapter 2 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 1] (5776 words)

3. Chapter 3 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 0] (1012 words)

4. Chapter 4 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 1] (7221 words)

5. Chapter 5 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 0] (6423 words)

6. Chapter 6 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 0] (1295 words)

7. Chapter 7 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 1] (5283 words)

8. Chapter 8 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 1] (5784 words)

9. Chapter 9 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 0] (2763 words)

10. Chapter 10 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 2] (2870 words)

11. Chapter 11 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 0] (3123 words)

I know it's been a while since I updated this, but RL gets in the way. Hope you enjoy the next couple chapters. :) 

12. Chapter 12 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 0] (3539 words)

So this is a Qhuinn/Blay story, but I love Wrath, and as I wrote what came to mind, my mind and muse went to a Wrath/Beth moment, enjoy the het heat, along with some Kingly angst. ;P

13. Chapter 13 by JustBeAQueen [Reviews - 2] (4088 words)