Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Brian watched as Justin sat in their booth talking animatedly with a young man who was typing and clicking away on the laptop that sat between them.

"That’s it?" Justin exclaimed, surprised at how easy his friend made building a website look.

"Yep" Charles said proudly "Your website is all set for potential clients."

"I owe you one" Justin said, clasping his hand on Charles' shoulder affectionately, his gratitude genuine.

"No, we’re even Steven" Charles said as he stood up. "This is payback for the A you nailed for me in my creative writing class with the illustration you provided."

"At least let me pay you then." Justin said as he reached for his wallet.

"Seriously Justin, no" Charles said while he shook his head. "I’ll see you in class on Tuesday."

"Later Charles."

o-o-o

"Brian." Justin greeted his former lover with a light kiss on the mouth.

"So what was that about Justin?" Brian asked curiously.

"Oh, Charles helped me build my website. That boy has talent when it comes to computers and writing." Justin explained, handing him a business card that Molly had designed in her own computer class.

"www.JTmurals" Brian said, quirking an eyebrow in surprise.

"Yeah, Molly came up with the name in her computer class. They’re creating a fictitious business and her little fake business card was way cute, so I thought what the hell and I decided to use it for real. Mols about lost her mind when I asked to use it." Justin rambled as he watched Brian's face carefully.

"Isn’t this a little premature?" Brian asked bluntly, while he pushed his concern away. He hoped Justin wasn’t jumping into something half cocked.

"Not really," Justin said weakly with a nervous laugh. "I’m booked for the next two and a half months solid. I might have to quit Mike’s if my little side business doesn’t level off soon."

"It’s going that well?" Brian asked a little blindsided. He knew that for the last few months Justin had been busy with his side business - as he liked to call it - painting nurseries for expectant couples.

"Yes, it seems every time I finish a nursery I gain two or three more." Justin said proudly. "I’ve had to cut way back at the steakhouse because the money in the nursery business is phenomenal. At this rate, next year I’ll be able to pay my own tuition."

"Justin..." Brian started, only to be cut off.

"Don’t start Brian, you don’t need to use the excuse of my tuition to keep me in your life anymore. I’m here and I’m not going anywhere." Justin said quietly as he maintained eye contact with Brian's hazel eyes. He caught the flash of embarrassment that flickered in and out very briefly.

"Okay" Brian said with a tight smile.

"Now if you want to see my final projects before I turn them in next week, you’re going to have to come back to my place." Justin said as he stood up. "I’m running late."

"Okay. Your car or mine?" Brian asked while he wiggled a suggestive eyebrow.

"Mine" Justin huffed as he led Brian out of the diner.

o-o-o-o

"Jesus Molly, you're only spending the weekend" Brian announced when he caught sight of the oversized suitcase.

"Nice to see you too Brian," Molly scowled, not pleased with his attempt at humor.

"Molly," Justin said as he greeted his sister with a small hug before he helped her load her suitcase in the trunk. "Craig doesn’t do laundry," Justin explained simply to a confused Brian.

The next stop was to pick up Gracin from the nannycare center that specialized in overpriced infant childcare, or at least that was what Melanie declared at the last monthly dinner.

Justin liked the center because it was clean and had a amazing staff of educated childcare providers who took their careers seriously and enjoyed their work.

o-o-o-o

"First things first Molly. Get to work on your essay....don't think about it missy," Justin snapped when he saw his sister open her mouth to protest. "Homework out of the way first; then we will discuss weekend plans."

He then turned to Brian and tossed the man a pleading look before he asked, "Will you keep an eye on them for a minute while I go change, please?"

Brian cast a wary glance at Gracin, who was gurgling happily in his bouncer while he chewed on a yellow teddy bear "Sure."

"You're a lifesaver, thanks!" Justin said before he placed a kiss on Brian's cheek.

Ever since Justin's revelation about Brian a few months ago their relationship had taken a positive turn. They couldn't explain it to anyone, especially themselves. They kissed and teased each other. The sexual tension between them was obvious but they kept each other safely tucked away in friend territory.

Brian watched Justin's retreating backside with a smile, until the sound of Molly's pseudo vomiting reached his ears. "Do your homework squirt," Brian taunted as he pointed at the desk.

Molly grumbled unintelligibly as her eyes returned to her homework.

As Gracin started to whimper Brian cast a frantic look toward the stairs. "Shit."

"He doesn’t bite," Molly sassed, amused at Brian's predicament as he picked up Gracin with a frown.

Molly snickered when Gracin let out a large burp, promptly spitting up on Brian's new Armani suit. "Justin, get your ass down here," Brian hollered abruptly as he placed the now content little devil back in his bouncer seat.

"What’s wrong?" Justin called as he scrambled down the stairs into the living room, his heart in his throat.

Brian felt ashamed for a split second when he took in the fear on Justin's face, but quickly pushed it to the side. "Your mini version puked on me."

As the adrenaline fled his body Justin cracked up. "Sorry, the bathroom is over there."

The next few hours went by without any more accidents as Justin showed Brian his projects and plans for the upcoming semester after the winter holiday.

After going over Justin's final projects he watched him cook, check homework, start laundry, settle Gracin down, double check homework and serve them dinner.

"Now that your first draft is done, what would like to do tomorrow?" Justin asked his sister as he poured Brian a glass of wine.

"Can I go to Shannon's after basketball practice?" Molly asked hopefully.

"I’ll speak to her mother tomorrow and if she is agreeable then yes." Justin consented before adding a stipulation. "But you're to be home for dinner. We’re going to have that essay typed and completed by Monday morning."

"Justin," Molly whined. "Dad would have let me spend the night."

"Tough cookies, I’m not Dad and I expect you to do your best," Justin scowled.

"Fine," Molly snapped.

The rest of the dinner was quiet except for the occasional high pitched scream from Gracin when he wanted his share of the attention.

"So what are you doing tomorrow?" Brian asked, after Molly went up to her room for the night.

"Gracin and I are going pick up Christmas gifts at the mall before the rush." Justin said, wiping the peas off Gracin's face with a smile as he readied the little boy for bed.

"I need to pick out my dear sister's gift. Mind if Gus and I tag along?" Brian asked with a slight wince.

"Okay, we can meet here at noon." Justin agreed as he placed Gracin in his airplane sleeper. He snuggled the little boy to his chest for his bedtime bottle and began to rock him to sleep.

Brian's eyes began to twinkle when he said "I’m warning you, whatever I buy her will be three sizes too small and have stripes."

Justin laughed. He knew what a bitch Brian's sister was "There are better ways to fly your asshole flag. She can’t help being plump, obtuse and a crappy parent anymore than you can help being gorgeous and exceptional… Or you could kill her with kindness and do something SOOO sweet for her that she’d hate you even more...But for the record… the bitch in me thinks a shitty sister kit would be fun - gym membership, a thesaurus and parenting class certificate."

Brian raised his eyebrows. Justin's genius always took him by surprise. "You're an evil little twink," Brian said with a chuckle.

"I know and I’m not changing any of Gus' diapers for you tomorrow buster." Justin said with a laugh at Brian's guilty expression.

"Twenty bucks."

"Fifty a diaper," Justin bargained.

"Thirty five."

"Fifty," Justin said with an evil little smirk.

"Fourty-nine and you never tell the munchers." Brian said firmly, his final offer.

"Deal" Justin said as he leaned up and kissed Brian's pouting lips. "Want to stay for a movie?" Justin offered as he stood to take Gracin to his nursery.

"Sounds nice" Brian said as he sat down on the sofa.

Justin felt like he could have been knocked over by a feather when Brian agreed to stay around for a movie instead of going off to Babylon in search of a fuck. "Pick a movie, I’ll be back in a minute."

Chapter End Notes:

AN: So I'm posting this chapter a little early for a mini celebration because real life let me have a little extra writing time this week... I make no promises of Updates for my real life likes to kick me in the butt when I get on a roll.

My story Finding Myself and I are having issues but the next chapter is coming soon!

PSST...Review! Please feed the muse and Review! To all of you that do, THANK YOU!