Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 180] Printer
Summary:

stories/978/images/IWOT.jpg

 

Brian thinks he has lost Justin in the bombing, not realizing that he has unexpectedly moved to New York. For the next four years they live their lives apart. They meet again and realize that its far from over between them...But can they fix the mistakes of the past and find their way to a future together?


Rated: NC-18
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, Alternate Universe, Brian/Justin/Other-Relationship, Drama, Romance, What If Characters: Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 36 Completed: No
Word count: 97837 Read: 199949
Published: September 25, 2011 Updated: October 14, 2013
Story Notes:

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


A/N:
This is my very first fanfic ever! Actually, this is my very first attempt at writing anything remotely fictional. I "discovered" QAF a few months ago and totally fell in love with the show and all the characters. The ending was so heartbreaking that I literally felt compelled to come up with my own version. For some reason the idea of Justin leaving before Brian could finally declare his love lodged itself into my brain and wouldn't let go, so the story went from there and took a life of its own.

The story is as true to cannon as I could make it, that is until S5 Ep10; it's AU after that. I may have changed the time line a little and pretty much made a lot of things post S5 Ep10 disappear. I am trying to stay as close to character as possible, while at the same time reflecting on the changes that the bombing had on Brian and everyone else, and the move to NYC had on Justin.

Warning! The story does have strong language and sexual situations – this is QAF after all.

1. A New Place by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 7] (1248 words)

Disclaimer: All belongs to Showtime and Cowlip. No infringement intended.

2. Opportunities by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 2] (957 words)

3. Upheaval by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 5] (2503 words)

4. New York by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 3] (1913 words)

5. Changes by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 5] (786 words)

 

 

A/N: I have no idea how things really work in the art world, as far as gallery contracts, art competitions and the like. This is all my imagination or my vision for what I would have liked to have happened to Justin. Any inaccuracies or deviations from reality are my own. Applies to the rest of the story, not just this chapter.


6. Pittsburgh & Babylon by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 2] (1585 words)

7. Summer, the Gallery & Arthur Loring by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 2] (692 words)

 

A/N: Just a reminder, anything art world related (gallery showings, competitions and the like) is from my imagination, regardless of how it actually works in the real world.


8. A Most Important Conversation by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 4] (2680 words)

9. Nathan Turner by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 5] (1051 words)

10. Big Break by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 4] (830 words)


11. Toronto by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 3] (1234 words)


 

 

 

 

12. Surprise and an Unexpected Visitor by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 3] (1854 words)

13. Ghosts, Devils and Angels by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 3] (1724 words)

14. 3 AM and Meanwhile in L.A. by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 9] (1175 words)

15. An Offer He Can't Refuse by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 2] (1641 words)


16. A Country Manor by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 5] (772 words)


 

17. Holiday Blues by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 3] (909 words)


18. Visions by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 3] (2836 words)


19. New Years Eve, New York by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 2] (3001 words)


20. Jacob Frost by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 4] (6331 words)

This is dedicated to "Anonymous" - my 20th reviewer! Thank you and enjoy.


 

21. Are You In Love With Me? by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 5] (1732 words)


22. Chicago by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 6] (4149 words)

Here we go...Hope you'll enjoy this...


23. Room 1701 by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 7] (1811 words)

Well...finally...


24. I Saw Him At the Browns' by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 4] (2583 words)


Oh, what a day! Or, should I say, what a night! Went to see "The Habit of Art" in DC and it was very good indeed - funny, smart, poignant at times and Randy Harrison, unsurprisingly, shined (as did all the other actors). God, he's just lovely!

So, I just got home and decided to post another chapter. Enjoy!


25. Closure by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 3] (4365 words)

Here's another one. Enjoy!


26. Gus by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 5] (3612 words)

Here's another one for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!


 

27. Brian Kinney, Version 2.0 by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 2] (2123 words)

Thank you my dears for your wonderful support. Here's a couple more - enjoy!


 

28. Campaign by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 3] (6565 words)

This one's a bit on the long side. This chapter is dedicated to my 30th reviewer - Bigdogz09. Thank you and I hope you'll enjoy it!


29. Hometown Glory by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 7] (4549 words)


 

30. The Loft by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 4] (3393 words)

Hello, my dears! A huge, huge thank you for following my story and for giving me feedback. Your comments encourage me like nothing else! This chapter is dedicated to the best fandom in the world!


 

 

31. Of Pasta, Preachers, Rumors & the Diner by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 7] (3712 words)

Here's another one - enjoy! Dedicated to all the wonderful people that have reviewed my story.  40 reviews! You guys make me want to write more and write better - THANK YOU!


 

32. Britin by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 8] (5117 words)

Thank you for your wonderful comments and enjoy the next chapter!


33. Of Friendship, Obsession and Love by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 7] (7228 words)

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments - they are greatly appreciated. Here's the rest of the "big discussion" - enjoy!


 

34. Long Weekend by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 4] (3682 words)

 

A/N: Hello, my dear readers (if I have any left, that is)! Please forgive the incredibly long absence. I ended up completely scrapping the last chapter and the already written epilogue due to both being complete and utter unmitigated crap. I've been valiantly trying to write something decent for a few weeks. Unfortunately, my Muse went on vacation for parts unknown, leaving me stranded and without an ability to write worth shit. So, I put aside my story for a bit and instead read a ton of fanfic on FF and on MW, trying to find my 'voice' again.

A few days ago, my Muse showed up out of the blue. Apparently, while on vacation she had a fling with Inspiration and wound up pregnant with Ideas, the nerve of her! :) Anyway, my Muse finally gave birth and I wound up with two more chapters than I originally intended to have. You, my gentle readers, will have to decide whether or not that's a good thing.

Please enjoy!


35. Yet Another "Later"... by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 13] (5501 words)

P.S. Word of warning, there's a description of drug use in this chapter, though it's nothing you haven't seen a million times on the original show. Enjoy!


36. Long Distance by Cheburashka2 [Reviews - 19] (1993 words)

AN: Hey, guys! So, yeah...long time, no post. RL has been crazy over the last year and a half, to say the least. I've tried to keep writing, but it's not been easy and I've only been able to come up with a couple drabbles and one-shots. However, I promised myself that I wouldn't abandon any of my WIPs and will finish them, if it kills me. To say that the lack of practice has affected my writing for the worse will be self-evident, but I hope to improve as I get back to a more regular (fingers crossed) posting schedule. 

Anyway, here's the next chapter of IWOT. It had to be written from scratch, since previous versions of it perished during a computer malfunction. I'll do my very best to post an update until this story (my very first fanfic attempt!) is done. Then I'll move onto finishing STNY. 

Thanks for reading, my gentle readers. Love you all and miss you all terribly!

~*~*~*~