Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

January [2009] - Part 4

"Damn, there goes my chance at having Brian Kinney's child."

"Shhh!" Justin threw a fry at his friend, "We don't want anyone to know yet."

"Oh, sorry." Daphne popped the fry into her mouth.

"Besides,  having my kid wasn't good enough for you?" Justin teased.

"No."

Justin glared at Daphne before they both broke out in laughter. Henry had no idea what they were laughing about, but joined in from his spot next to Justin. Suddenly Brian was sliding into the booth next to Daphne, making room for Gus next to him. Justin carefully pulled Henry over to make room for Jenny.

"How did you get them away from the girls?" Justin asked.

"It wasn't hard after finding out Lindsay had been wanting Mel to go out tonight so we have them until tomorrow afternoon." Brian replied, turning his attention to Daphne, "Would you like us to take little Hank off yours and the hubby's hands for the night too?"

"Brian openly offering to take kids in for the night," Daphne turned to Justin, "Has Hell frozen over and it's not all over the news yet?"

"Ha ha," Brian deadpanned, "I've taken the snot ball for you plenty of times."

"Did you just call my kid a snot ball?" Justin laughed.

"Yes." Brian replied, not turning his attention away from Daphne.

"You can have him. Kurt and I were going out anyway, but we were going to take him with us." Daphne changed the subject.

Brian nodded then turned back to the other children, "What do you two say we order to go, steal Hank and leave these two here?"

"Yes!" Jenny yelled.

"Sure." Gus smiled.

Gus and Jenny both stood and made their way to the counter so they could order from Kiki while Brian stood and snatched Henry from the booth, who was more then happy to leave his nuggets and fries to go with Brian and his 'brother' and 'sister'.

"See ya." He leaned over and kissed both Justin and Daphne before moving to the counter with the kids.

They watched as they got their food and disappeared out the door.

"Did that really just happen?" Justin asked.

"Do you mean did your husband just steal our kid? Yes it did." Daphne laughed, "So, Cynthia is going to."

Justin nodded, smiling brightly again, "She didn't even hesitate. At first she didn't understand why we picked her but after we explained, she was more then happy to say yes."

"Say yes to what?" Michael walked up to their booth.

"Hey Michael, Brian was just here with Jenny." Justin changed the subject right away.

Michael nodded, "I saw them. She seemed more happy to spend time with her brothers."

"Right, so how is it going with Lindsay and the new baby?"

"She's going in next week to see if it took." Michael replied.

Justin nodded and soon Michael was leaving them alone. They finished their lunch before heading out of the diner. Justin dropped Daphne off at work before heading back to the loft where he was sure he would find his husband and the children. When he slid the loft door open, he found all three kids playing in the middle of the room with Ripper. Brian was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey guys," Justin smiled at them.

"Is this the same dog from New York?" Gus asked, scratching the dog behind the ear.

"Yes." Justin nodded.

There had been a few times over the last four years that when Brian had visited with Justin in New York, Gus would be with him. There was even the rare occasion that Brian would show up with Jenny in tow and sometimes even Molly. Justin just never knew if Brian was going to have someone with him when he walked through the apartment door. For the first three years of Henry's life, he and Daphne still lived in New York so Henry was with Justin a lot but after they moved back to Pittsburgh, Justin only saw him when he returned to Pittsburgh himself or when Daphne brought him for a visit, or when Brian had snatched him away for a weekend.

"So what are three up too?" Justin asked, glancing around, looking for his husband.

He knew Brian well enough that the older man wouldn't be stupid enough to leave children alone. Would he?

"We're suppose to be distracting you for Uncle Bri," Jenny replied.

"And why is that?" Justin questioned, "Where is he?"

"Sneaking up on you." Gus smirked.

"What?" Justin went to turn around when he was suddenly grabbed around the waist.

He squeaked in surprise as he was lifted off the ground a few inches.

"Jesus Christ Brian," Justin laughed, "You scared the heck out of me, now put me down."

Brian placed his feet back on the ground but his arm around Justin's waist did not waver.

"Can we watch cartoons now?" Gus asked.

"Yeah, go ahead. Take the dog with you." Brian replied.

They watched the kids head for the TV before Justin turned in Brian's arms and wrapped his own around Brian's neck, kissing him.

"Why were they suppose to distract me for you?" He asked, pulling away.

"I ran down to get the mail. I know, I left them alone but Gus is a smart kid and I didn't actually leave until I heard the lift reach our floor. I told them to distract you." Brian shrugged.

Justin laughed, "Nice."

"I try."

"That you do." Justin kissed him again, "So, how was your little hour of alone time with them?"

"Good actually. Still weird having all three at once. It's normally only been Gus or just Henry or sometimes Gus and Jenny but never all three of them." Brian watched the kids all snuggle up on the couch together to watch the Powerpuff Girls and he rolled his eyes before turning back to his husband, "And we're getting ready to add another to the mix."

"Are you having second thoughts?" Justin frowned.

"What? No, of course not. No, no, no." Brian shook his head, kissing away the worry on Justin's face, "I just know that with this kid, there are no other parents that have them full-time. We're going to be the full-time parents this time. Gus and Jenny go back to the munchers and Henry goes back to Daphne and Kurt at the end of the day."

"I know but we're ready," Justin smiled up at his husband, "I know we are. It's natural to be scared. You remember how I was before Henry was even born and months after that."

Brian nodded, kissing Justin's forehead, "Yeah." He then started chuckling, remembering how his husband had acted throughout Daphne's pregnancy and months after.

"Jerk." Justin swatted at the back of his head, but was smiling.

Soon, the five of them were all in the kitchen making dinner together. Brian and Gus had opted for takeout, as usual but the majority won in the end with Justin, Jenny and Henry all wanting to cook. After helping all three kids wash their hands, they set about making their dinner of homemade pizza and breadsticks with a salad.