Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

December [2009] - Part 1


"She's what?"


"She went into labor!"


"How the fuck? She still has five weeks!"


"I know that but it's happening now!"


"Where are you?"


"I just dropped Henry off with Emmett since he was closest. Mom and Debbie are meeting us at the hospital."


"You're driving her?"


"No. Cynthia's in fucking labor so she's driving!"


"Fuck calm the fuck down."


"I called an ambulance and am meeting her there myself. I couldn't exactly take Henry in the ambulance with her."


"So she's alone?"


There was a deep sigh over the line. "It was either that or I drive and kill us all because I'm freaking the fuck out."


"Just breath."


"...Brian?"


"Yeah?"


"What the fuck are we going to do with six babies?"


"The fuck if I know." Another deep breath. "I'll see you there Sunshine."


"Yeah."


Brian hung up his office landline and scrubbed his hands over his face before jumping to his feet, leaving his briefcase and papers scattered on his desk, he grabbed his jacket and made sure he had his keys, cell, and wallet before leaving his office, stopping just long enough to get his assistant's attention.


"Cynthia's gone into labor. I'm heading for the hospital now."


His new assistant, Amy, nodded as Brian headed for the elevator banks. He knew the news would spread fast enough with Amy telling everyone. It wasn't long before he was on the road and heading for the hospital to meet up with his husband, friend, and officially meet his kids.


When he got there he found Justin and their mothers already waiting. He walked right up to Justin and wrapped his arms around the blond, kissing his temple. Justin sighed and relaxed into Brian, wrapping his own arms around the brunet's waist.


"How is she?"


"They are getting her prepped for surgery. I guess this is kind of normal for a multiples birth. Her doctor has been monitoring her closely for weeks. Most sextuplet pregnancies don't go past the twenty nine week mark but she's at thirty four so they're not taking any chances."


Brian nodded. "That's good."


Jennifer and Debbie sat near them as Brian got Justin to finally sit. Since getting there Justin had been pacing the hall, even after his mother and Debbie had shown up. It wasn't long before a nurse came out to escort Brian and Justin to the operating room to be with Cynthia as their children were born.


Three boys and three girls, a week before Christmas.


Hours later the whole family crowded in the tiny hospital room where six babies were being held by different members. Cynthia was sitting up in bed and smiling as she watched a family that had basically adopted her as one of their own gushed over the sextuplets.


"Okay, name time!" Justin spoke up from where he stood at Brian's side. "So going oldest to youngest. The one in green that mom is hold is Serenity Rayne Kinney."


Brian continued. "The blue one in Emmett's arms is Weston Kane, and the yellow on in Michael's is Tinsley Grace."


"Debbie has Caelan Finn and Daphne has Oliver Luka."


"And the last in Blake's arms is Abigael Quinn."


"Perfect names for perfect babies!" Jennifer stared down at little Serenity.


"Did Cynthia help name them?" Ted asked


Cynthia nodded. "I picked the middle names. Justin picked the girls and Brian the boys."


"But I veto'd the names he picked and changed Oliver's last minute." Justin added with a chuckle.


"Do we even want to know what he picked?" Mel asked as she looked over Blake's shoulder at Abigael.


"No." Justin shook his head, elbowing Brian in the stomach when the brunet snickered. "Just be happy you never asked his opinion to name Gus with his own choice."


Brian pinched Justin's side and the blond squeaked, sticking his tongue out at the older man.


"I remember you liked Oliver's name before you decided you loved the name Oliver more."


"What name?" Molly asked as she took Caelan from Debbie.


"Maximilian. I really like the name Max so I was okay with it." Justin shrugged. "But then I saw the name Oliver somewhere and fell in love with it. Brian wouldn't budge on Weston or Caelan so I told him Maximilian had to go."


"Good choice." Molly stated as she traded babies with Emmett.


The family stayed long enough to gush over the babies before leaving to allow Cynthia time to rest. The babies were returned to the nursery and the husbands stayed with Cynthia until she was asleep before heading home themselves. Cynthia would be staying two days, the babies just as long. It wouldn't be long before their house would be chaos with the six babies.


when they got home it was to find Susan also just returning home. She was due to spend the holiday with her parents and had left the day before.


"What are you doing back here already?" Justin asked as he and Brian helped her with her luggage into the house.


"I got a call from Cynthia about the babies. Congrats!" Susan beamed as she placed her purse on the side table by the door. "My parents understand I am needed here now."


"Susan you didn't have to give up your holiday with your parents to come back here. There are going to be plenty of people here these first few weeks." Justin hugged the woman. "Thank you of course."


Susan hugged the blond back. "It's my job. It's why you hired me. Besides I'm just as excited for you guys to bring these babies home!"


Brian took her luggage and headed for her room to place them while Justin and Susan headed for the nurseries. At first they only had one nursery but when they had discovered they were expecting sextuplets that had changed their entire plans. They now had two - one for the boys and one for the girls. Justin had been so happy to learn there were going to be three and three.


"Did you guys have the DNA test done to see who's was biologically who's?"


Justin nodded. "Yeah. We'll know next week. Not that it will matter other then for adoption purposes but also medical wise."


Susan nodded as they went over one last check to make sure everything was ready for the sextuplets to come home.