Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

November [2009] - Part 3

It wasn't long before it was suddenly Thanksgiving. Brian and Justin found themselves helping Cynthia out of the car as they got to Debbie's for dinner. After a very long talk between the three of them the night before, it had been decided that they were going to finally tell the family about Cynthia's pregnancy. It mostly had to do with Justin's irritation over Lindsay's behavior as she was constantly bugging Brian at work or calling the house at all hours, begging Brian to father another child for her.

 

It was getting to the point were Justin was suggesting a restraining order because something was obviously wrong with the older blonde woman. Brian had instantly shot him down because he didn't think it was that big of a deal, plus there was the whole Gus thing. He was still young and didn't really understand the fighting going on between three of his parents and Brian didn't want Lindsay to suddenly cut them off from seeing their son.

 

Cynthia had been sympathetic with Justin, knowing how worried he was about Lindsay doing something drastic when it came to her obsession with Brian. She also knew he was worried about how the other woman would react once she learned Cynthia was possibly pregnant with Brian's child. They wouldn't really know who the father was, if not both Brian and Justin, until the babies were born.

 

They only had a little over a month and a half to go before the babies were to be born and Cynthia found herself becoming a little restless. She was just as excited as Justin (and Brian if you catch him when he doesn't think anyone is watching). They had a list of names they all really loved but they weren't sure which ones they wanted to use until the babies were actually born. The only thing they did have set in stone for their names was the last name. They had decided to use Kinney; not Taylor-Kinney like Cynthia had believed they would.

 

It had been a very slow morning at the Taylor-Kinney household as the couple didn't actually roll out of bed until a little after ten. Cynthia had already been up and ready for the day. She was lounging in the living room with a book, just waiting. She knew today was going to be stressful for her friends and needed as much time together as possible before they subjected themselves to some members of their family.

 

"Are you ready for this?" Cynthia asked them for the fifth time since they left the house.

 

"No." Brian and Justin replied at the same time.

 

Nothing else was said as the three of them made their way up the porch and into the house. As always, they were the last to arrive. The living room was a mass of people milling about, talking and laughing about different things.

 

"It's about damn time!" Michael was the first to notice them at the door.

 

"Where have you two been?" Ted asked.

 

"Hello, Cynthia." Jennifer smiled, "How are you feeling?"

 

Cynthia smiled back as Brian helped her out of her coat and hung it up for her. "I'm doing well, thank you."

 

"Holy shit, you're glowing!" Debbie yelled as she came out of the kitchen. "It's nice to see you again Cynthia, glad you could make it with the boys."

 

Cynthia nodded, "I almost didn't. Justin didn't want me leaving the house but nobody would've been there with me so I got to escape."

 

Everyone laughed as Justin just shrugged.

 

"How much longer do you have?" Blake asked as he moved from his place on the couch to allow Cynthia to sit next to Jennifer.

 

"A little less than two months." Justin answered him.

 

"Brian, can I speak with you?" Lindsay interrupted as she stood over them by the couch. "In private."

 

"No." Brian replied, not even looking at her as he sat on the arm of the couch, next to Cynthia.

 

Justin stood to his right and smiled at Lindsay. She just glared back at him before huffing and turning on her heel to go and sit back down next to her wife across the room.

 

"Do you know what you're having?" Emmett asked with a smile, as he got everyone's attention back on the mother to be.

 

Cynthia shook her head as she looked towards Brian. "We don't know if they are boys or girls yet."

 

"They?" Ted asked, eyes wide.

 

He was one of the lucky few that knew Brian and Justin were the fathers and had actually asked Cynthia to be the mother for them, but he had no idea that they were having more then one child.

 

Brian smirked. "She's having sextuplets."

 

Everyone exploded with cheers and congratulations.

 

"We're very excited but also extremely nervous." Cynthia laughed as everyone started to settle down.

 

"Wait." Blake looked confused, "Why do you keep saying we and looking at Brian and Justin?"

 

The couple in question looked at each other and smiled before Brian replied.

 

"Because, Justin and I are the fathers."

 

"What!" "Are you serious?" "Oh my god!"

 

Everyone who didn't already know seemed to all jump from their seats as one and swarm the parents to be. They congratulated them and asked more questions. Debbie smacked both Brian and Justin on the back of the head and yelled at them for not telling her before she pulled them into a tight hug. When everyone finally settled back down, Justin leaned into Brian's side and Brian wrapped his arm around Justin's waste. Neither said anything about the fact Lindsay hadn't moved from her spot or the fact that she was giving Justin and Cynthia the death glare.

 

"Why didn't you tell us?" Emmett frowned.

 

"We didn't want to get everyone excited and something happen." Justin replied, "She already had one miscarriage back in April when we tried the first time. We didn't want to take any chances."

 

"And how long have you known you were having sextuplets?" Jennifer asked, "And why didn't you tell me? I am your mother, those babies grandmother."

 

"Yeah." Debbie replied, looking at Brian.

 

Both men looked ashamed for not telling their mothers but they also knew that Jennifer and Debbie would understand.

 

"We wanted it to be a surprise." Brian replied, "We weren't going to say anything to anyone until they were born."

 

"What changed your minds?" Ben asked.

 

"Cynthia." Justin nodded towards the blonde.

 

"I didn't think it would be right to spring the fact that they were fathers on the day the babies were born, and then announce that it was actually six babies." Cynthia added.

 

"Well, thank you for changing their minds." Jennifer smiled before frowning. "Oh god, I'm going to be a grandmother again."

 

Everyone laughed before Debbie announced that dinner was ready.