Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

November [2009] - Part 1

"How's Lindsay?" Justin asked as Brian found him sitting on the sofa at the loft.

 

"Still asking me to father another child." Brian replied, sitting down on the couch next to his husband, "She knows we're married but doesn't think that it would have anything to do with you if I fathered another child with her."

 

"I thought the doctors said she couldn't carry anymore after that last miscarriage with Michael?" Justin rested his head on Brian's shoulder.

 

"He did," Brian replied, "I talked with Mel and I guess this is all Linds has been talking about since the last doctor's appointment that confirmed it."

 

"Maybe we should just tell everyone that we're already expecting with Cynthia." Justin shrugged, "We've only for like two months left, right?"

 

Brian shook his head, "No, They'll find out soon enough and then Lindsay will have to face the truth. Mel's already working on getting her to talk to someone."

 

"Well, that's good." Justin smiled, "Now on to a better subject. We still need to pick out a part time nanny to help me with the sextuplets after they're born."

 

"Why don't we just sent them to Kindercare with Henry?"

 

"Because Brian," Justin laughed, "I want to stay home with them for the first year. I'll be working from home anyway and the nanny is just there to help out."

 

"Like Dan and Angela are there to help with the house and grounds now."

 

"Yes, just like them." Justin grabbed a stack of papers off the coffee table in front of them, "I've narrowed it down to at least seven that I liked out of the twelve that we, I mean Cyn and I interviewed."

 

"And you want me to help pick the perfect one out." It wasn't a question.

 

Justin nodded, "You need to be involved with this too, Bri. They are your children too."

 

Brian huffed, "Alright. Let me look through these and pick who I like."

 

Beaming, Justin handed over the stack of papers, "Don't take too long. We told each of them they would know if they got the job by the end of the week."

 

"Christ."

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Brian was able to narrow it down from Justin's seven to three that he liked. He then went to Carl and told him everything, swore him to secrecy but that he could talk to Michael if he ever thought he needed to and then asked Carl to do a more detailed background check on the three he liked. By the time he sat down with Justin and Cynthia to decide on a final part-time nanny for their children, they only had a day before the week was up.

 

"This took you long enough." Justin huffed as he sat down at the dinning table with his beer.

 

They were all eating dinner while they had the discussion.

 

"I just wanted to make sure of some things, Sunshine." Brian replied.

 

"Like what?" Justin questioned

 

"I had Carl do a background check on the three I liked from your seven."

 

"So Carl knows now." Cynthia stated more then asked.

 

"Yeah. I couldn't exactly ask him for the background checks without telling him why it was being done." Brian replied, "Though I did think about lying and saying it was for hiring at Kinnetik."

 

"But you've never asked him something like that before when hiring." Cynthia added.

 

"Exactly." Brian nodded, "So, it's narrowed down to Miss Emmaleigh Kruger, Ms. Olive Rickard and Miss Susan Imura."

 

"And what did you find out about these three with the background checks?" Justin asked.

 

"Everything." Brian smirked, and then proceeded to tell them a little about each of the three woman they were deciding on.

 

By the time they had finished eating dinner and cleaning up the kitchen together, they had decided that Susan Imura would be the perfect part-time nanny for their soon to be sextuplets. The following morning, Justin made all the phones calls, ending with Susan to tell her she had the job.

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Three days later, Susan Imura stood outside of Britin with her suitcases. It was a live-in job though it was just part-time. Susan was a young asian woman. Around the age of twenty six. Unmarried and no children of her own. She had not gone to college but worked many babysitting gigs and daycares so she knew a lot about childcare. She was currently going back to school in Pittsburgh for her second year and needed a place to stay and a job. It was perfect for her considering the pay she would be getting once the sextuplets were born and she would start working. The reasoning behind her moving in a few months before was just so she could get to know Brian, Justin and Cynthia, as well as a feel of their everyday lives.

 

"Miss Imura." Cynthia smiled as she answered the door, "Please come in."

 

"Thank you." Susan nodded and picked up her three suitcases, carrying them inside, "And again, it's Susan."

 

"Of course." Cynthia laughed, "Well I'm sorry to say that Brian and Justin are both out right now. Brian was called into work for an emergency and Justin had to go and help his mother with his sister about something but they should be back for dinner."

 

"That's alright, though I am looking forward to meeting Brian."

 

"Everyone is." Cynthia replied, "Why don't I show you to your room."

 

Susan followed Cynthia through the house and upstairs to one of the rooms across from the nurseries. It was also just down the hall from Brian and Justin. The couple wanted the nurseries close enough to hear the babies at night but not close enough that when they got older, the kids would hear their dads at night. Same went with Susan. She was in the first bedroom on the right. She had already been shown the whole house during her interview.

 

"I'll leave you to unpack then." Cynthia stood at the door of the bedroom, "If you need anything I'll be in the study just relaxing and reading. Angela is our new house keeper and cook. She should be starting on dinner right now so it'll probably be done in an hour or so."

 

"Alright, thank you." Susan smiled at Cynthia.

 

Nodding, Cynthia left the room and returned downstairs just as Justin walked in the front door.

 

"Hey, has she arrived yet?" He asked when he saw Cynthia.

 

"Just left her to unpack."

 

Justin nodded, "I'll just stick my head in to say hello before heading into my studio until dinner. You should be off your feet now."

 

"I'm going." Cynthia laughed and headed for the study.