Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

October [2009]

"Could you repeat that again please?" Brian looked pointedly at the doctor.


Justin was in shock, Brian seemed to have misheard and Cynthia was all smiles.

The doctor was patient as she turned to the soon to be daddies and recited for the fourth time, "You're having sextuplets."

"Are you sure?" Brian asked, for the third time.

Doctor Lorry nodded, "There are six heartbeats."

"Oh my God." Justin finally whispered and then broke out into a huge smile, "We're having sextuplets!"

He squealed in excitement like he wasn't twenty six years old but seventeen again. And a girl. He wrapped his arms around Cynthia and kissed her cheek. She hugged him back before he pulled away, twirled around to face Brian and jump at him. Brian was still in shock himself but he managed to grab hold of Justin as he jumped and held up to his chest.

"Lucky we don't still live in the loft." Brian chuckled, "We have to get five more... everything."

"Would you like to know the sex of each baby if we can?" Doctor Lorry asks.

Brian and Justin shake their heads and Cynthia complied.

"We want to wait." Brian told the doctor before turning back to Justin, "But now we have more names to pick out as well."

Justin squealed again, "I still have the book and the list we wrote for when we thought it was only one baby."

Brian groaned, "This is all your fault Sunshine."

"Mine? How is that?" Justin frowned.

"You jinxed us by having Gus' friends over."

Justin laughed when he realized what his husband was talking about, "You're then one who said I was planning a soccer team, not me."

"Whatever, it's still your fault."

"I can live with that." Justin nods before turning back to the doctor, "Should she still be on best rest?"

"Yes, as much as possible." Doctor Lorry replied, handing Cynthia some tissue to clean herself off with.

* * * * * * * * * *

"So when are we planning on telling people?" Justin asked as he and Brian got ready for bed that day.

"We aren't. Remember, we're going to wait until the babies are born, just like before." Brian replied, "I don't want to jinx it and something happen."

Justin frowned but nodded, he didn't want that to happen either.

"I know people are starting to gossip about Cynthia at work." Brian huffed, "She came in the other day. One of the rare days you let her work and she told me she had been in the break room getting a water and could hear people whispering about her."

"What were they saying?"

Brian barked out a laugh as he turned to look at his husband, "That they couldn't believe she had been knocked up by her ex boyfriend who then was an asshole and dumped her the minute he found out."

"How did that rumor start?" Justin asked.

"I guess since Cynthia knows we don't want people to know yet, with the help of Ted, they spread the rumor themselves."

"Really?" Justin's eyes widened, "Wow."

"I couldn't believe it." Brian plopped down on the bed, stuffing his hands behind his head, "Everybody thinks she is only living with us because her house is being renovated or some shit."

"About that. We never talked about after the babies were born. Is she going to stay here or is she moving out?" Justin laid down next to him.

Brian shrugged, "I don't know, I guess that is something we'll have to talk to her about before they are born."

Justin nodded, "Well Mel, Cyn and I are going shopping for the rest that we need tomorrow."

"And I'm hanging out with Mikey to tell him the exciting news."

* * * * * * * * * *

"Six babies?" Michael looked at his friend with his mouth gaping.

Brian nodded and took a sip of his beer. They were hanging out at the loft so nobody could eavesdrop on their baby conversation.

"How is Cynthia?"

"Doing okay. Justin is really keeping a tight rope on her and getting bed rest." Brian chuckled, "He got upset when he found her in the kitchen making us dinner the other night before we even knew it was six."

"Wow." Michael took a sip of his beer, "So why aren't you telling anyone again?"

Brian sighed, "She already had a miscarriage. We didn't want to jinx anything and have something happen. Especially now where there are six babies we could easily lose."

"Well if you need anything, I'm here for you and Justin and Cynthia."

"Thanks Mikey."

* * * * * * * * * *

"So we need five more cribs." Melanie stated as they stepped into the Babies R Us and Justin nodded.

"I still can't believe it." He smiled, "Brian and I talked a lot last night about names and such."

"How do you have the room decorated?" Melanie asked.

Justin shrugged, "I painted the walls with murals of a farm, sort of like Henry's rainforest room. We're actually going to have two rooms set up now so it's not so cramped with six cribs. There will be three in each and the bathroom will divide the rooms."

"That's a good idea." Cynthia nodded.

"Okay, what does the first crib look like?" Melanie asked as they reached the cribs.

"It's one of those round cribs and it's red." Justin shrugged, "Nothing more really."

"Okay, well we just need to find one here and tell them we need to order five of them and have them delivered to the house." Cynthia stated.

"And then get everything else." Justin huffed, "We need to get like twenty times more diapers and wipes and clothes."

"Cynthia can take care of that stuff while we take care of the bigger things." Melanie nodded towards the cribs.

Cynthia smiled and headed down the isle, towards the clothes while Melanie and Justin looking around the cribs. It didn't take long for them to find the one they needed and then find someone who worked there to order five and get them sent to Britin as soon as possible, along with two new strollers that could push three babies each. Melanie also picked out a second changing table for the second room.