Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please leave a review or suggestions :) I love to hear what you're thinking about the progression of the story! Thanks ever so!

 

A/N: This fanfic is quite graphic...in language and in sexual content. You have been notified and warned. :) This is also my first ever FanFic. I hope it's good... *bites nails*

 

Also, things that only have apostrophes 'like this' are things that aren't said.

 

I do not own any of these characters within...they are strictly the property of Cowlip and HBO...No infringement on copyright intended.

 

Chapter Five:

The Old Friend

 

_Justin's P.O.V_

 

 

 

I ran out of the loft faster than I thought I could move. Holy. Shit. Brian looked like he was going to rip my fucking throat open and drain me dry. I'm almost certain that if that god-send of a buzzer hadn't gone off...I would be...Dammit! I trusted him. I fucking put my life in his hands and he almost ended it. Well, I would have to have been crazy if I didn't make a run for it.

 

 

 

I got in the elevator and rapidly pushed the buttons at the bottom. I kept an eye on the door the whole time as I hurriedly pulled on my clothes. My breathing was ragged and my heart felt like it was beating so fast that it might burst through my chest. I only had one thought going through my mind.

 

 

 

Why? Why would he do that? Why?

 

 

 

The elevator started moving and I hadn't seen Brian come after me. I let out the longest breath of my life as I leaned back against the elevator wall. When it came to a stop, I flung the door open and made a run for the door.

 

 

 

As I threw the door open, I caught sight of a tall, blond man with pale skin and blue eyes. My chest was heaving as I ran straight into him and he caught me.

 

 

 

"Whoa there. You should really watch where you're going little man." He said as he towered over me. I tried to read his thoughts but to no avail. Fuck. Another fucking vampire I would guess.

 

 

 

"I...I gotta go." I panted out as I freed myself from his large hands and made another run for it.

 

 

 

Right now, if I never saw a vampire in a thousand years...it wouldn't be fucking long enough.

 

 

 

_Brian's P.O.V_

 

 

 

I was feeling like my cold, dead heart was being ripped from my chest at the moment. But it was for the better that Justin left when he did. I could've killed him if it hadn't been for Eric breaking my blood thirsty trance. I was mentally berating myself for giving in to the lust for Justin's blood. His sweet nectarine taste. A taste that I would never forget...for as long as I lived.

 

 

 

I walked toward Eric with slow, guilty steps. He was eyeing my abnormal stride as he spoke to me.

 

 

 

"What's wrong with you Brian? You look like you've just been thrown out into the sunlight." He said with a huffed laugh. If only he knew that I had just let the sunlight slip from my grips and run from me. From my hunger for his blood. I looked at him through sad, angry eyes as his ironic statement soaked into my thoughts.

 

 

 

"I...I lost him." Was the only thing I could say without bringing more pain upon myself than necessary. He furrowed his brow and just stared at me. I saw the moment that he realized what I was saying.

 

 

 

"The blond kid? The one that was running out of here like a bat out of hell? Ha. He almost knocked me down on his way out by the way. Strong little fucker." He said with a shake of his head and a dry laugh.

 

 

 

Of course he wouldn't know that his words stung like a stake to the heart. I nodded the affirmative and looked down toward the cherrywood floor. That's when I felt his hand on my shoulder.

 

 

 

"Hey, really, you're freaking me out a little Brian. This isn't like the cocky bastard that I know. What the fuck happened?" He asked as he walked us over to the long, black leather sofa. We sat down and I ran my hands through my hair and looked up at him.

 

 

 

"I almost killed him Eric." I said so quietly it was almost inaudible. I knew he could hear me though. He huffed a laugh and I glared at him.

 

 

 

"And? It wouldn't be the first you've killed for the sake of your lust for blood. So what's the problem?" He asked incredulously. At that, I stood quickly and began to pace. I was pissed at him for blowing my concern off. I ran my hand through my hair roughly, actually pulling a few strands out in the process.

 

 

 

"You don't get it Eric!" I shouted at him with my hands outstretched. "I...actually liked him and I almost killed him! And because I had to taste his fucking blood. I knew I shouldn't have. I knew he had to be different than the others. I just knew he wasn't just some twink with a hot ass. He's...he's fucking different...special." I said as I began to lower my tone. I glanced toward Eric, who's eyes had gotten wider and who was now smirking at me.

 

 

 

 

"Well look who's falling...and fucking hard if I might add." He said as he stood and came to me slowly. "Brian...everyone who falls in love with someone thinks that they're special. You've met your match."

 

 

 

I was taken aback by that statement. What the hell? Since when did Eric Northman, "Notorious Eat 'Em, Fuck 'Em, and Kill 'Em King" start spouting off about love? Even I never talked about loving a creature...nonetheless a human. We had been two blood thirsty vamps who would drink our fill and move on. But now Eric Fucking Northman was going to teach me about loving. I call bullshit.

 

 

 

"Since when did YOU of all creatures start believing in love? I remember when we swore off love and had our fun. What the fuck changed?" I asked with a hint of curiosity. I was rewarded with the knowledge I was looking for when he glanced away from me quickly and shoved his hands in his pockets nervously.

 

 

 

Gotcha.

 

 

 

 

"Since I fell...hard." He said vaguely. Ha! You'll have to do better than that Mr. Northman. When he glanced back to me, I rose my eyebrows in a silent inquiry for him to continue.

 

 

 

 

"Alright! I fell for a fucking human. It seems that we both have a taste for sweet little blondes." He said throwing his hands outward. "But you have no room to talk. Isn't that right. Because if I remember correctly...and I know I do, we BOTH swore off love. And now you're all doom and gloom over a little twinkie blond boy who ran away." He said with a mocking tone as he gestured with his hands.

 

 

 

 

I glared at him with a quirked eyebrow and flared nostrils. I set my jaw and clenched my fists when he degraded Justin with no afterthought. He saw my anger level rising and rose his hands in his defense.

 

 

 

"Alright. I'm sorry. He's special to you. I didn't come here to pick a fight Brian...You know that. You're my friend and I didn't mean to upset you." He said as he looking at me meaningfully and gave me a genuine smile. I had to admit, whether I'm pissed or not, Eric is as charming as I am...almost.

 

 

 

 

"It's alright." I said as I unclenched my fists slightly. He sat down on the sofa and motioned for my to sit next to him. I complied and sat down, propping my feet up on my $3,000 coffee table. God...I love my expensive shit. Almost as much as I love Just... Dammit. I'm fucked. He's blood was coursing through my body with a wicked vengeance, causing all of my thoughts to be laced with his angelic image. "So...what's her name?" I found myself genuinely interested in the person who had tamed the blood thirsty beast that was Eric Northman.

 

 

 

 

"Her name's Sookie. Sookie Stackhouse." He said as I chuckled at the oddity of her name. He glared at me and I replaced my grin with a mockingly serious look. He smiled and continued. "She's blond, has brown eyes, and doesn't take any of my bullshit." I laughed out loud at that summary. He chuckled with me.

 

 

 

 

"Sounds like Justin. Except for the brown eyes, his are blue. Like the clearest ocean." I said, and even I'll admit that that was mushy and romantic. I must be turning soft but I don't care. This boy had me. He had my cold body as well as my dead heart. He could have it all. I just had to convince him that I wouldn't kill him. Ha. Easier said than done...I'm fucking certain of that.

 

 

 

 

"But to conclude my visit. I really did have a purpose for visiting you." He said as he stood up and went to where he had laid his jacket on the island. I watched as he retrieved an envelope that was ox blood red. He brought it to me and explained. "It's an invitation to the Blood Ball at the end of the month. They're holding it in a huge hall in Alaska, apparently it'd supposed to be night for another month so there'll be no risk of staying too long."

 

 

 

I took the envelope from his and smirked. "The Blood Ball. How original." I said with a smirk as I looked back at him. He was smirking as well.

 

 

 

"Yeah, old fuckers. It's for you and a guest. In case you have a young, hot blond boy you want to bring along. But if you do, make sure you let all of the attendees that he's yours. You know how fucking greedy they get when it comes to a pretty human." He said as he grabbed his jacket. For Eric to be a straight vampire, he wasn't oblivious to beautiful humans...And Justin was definitely beautiful in ever sense of the word. I watched him as he pulled his jacket on and walked back to me for a parting hug.

 

 

 

 

"I'm pretty sure if you brought your...Justin...along Sookie would have a field day. That's her, always the eager one to meet new people." He said as we parted ways. I watched him leave the loft as I thought back to Justin. Now that I had drank his blood, I could almost feel his emotions.

 

 

 

And right now, he wasn't happy...not by a long shot.

 

 

 

_Justin's P.O.V_

 

 

 

When I had gotten back to Debbie's, she was sitting with Vic on the sofa watching an old Marilyn Monroe movie on AMC. She heard the door open and saw my frightened body fly through it and up the stairs. I got to Michael's old room and sat on the bed. It wasn't even a full minute after I returned before Debbie was barreling up the staircase. She stood in the doorway and took one good look at me before she spoke.

 

 

 

"Jesus Christ Sunshine! What the fuck happened to you?" She said as she rushed to my side, cupping my cheek in her hand. I regained my breath and answered her.

 

 

 

"Nothing. It's nothing Deb." I breathed out. But she wasn't having any of that. I could hear her thoughts loud and clear.

 

 

 

'That fucker hurt you didn't he! If I knew where that bastard lived I'd have a mind to go over and stake that son of a bitch right now!'

 

 

 

I turned to her then. "Debbie, you don't have to do that. I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself." She put both of her hands on the sides of my face and looked directly into my eyes. Debbie had already known that I could hear thoughts. I had let it slip when I was 18 and heard her thoughts about having money issues because of Vic's medications and my staying there. That's when I started working at the diner and helping her out. I wouldn't take no for an answer.

 

 

 

"Let me tell you something young man. You're 19 years old. Now I know you've lived here since you were 17 when your fucking parents kicked you out, and from that time, I've taken you in as a son. That given, I'm here to make sure you don't fucking die you little shit." She said as she softly smacked my cheek and kissed right next to my lips.

 

 

 

After she had wiped the lipstick smudge from my mouth, she stood up to leave. When she got to the door she turned around to face me once more.

 

 

 

"I don't want you getting hurt Sunshine. Physically...and emotionally. Be careful who you put your heart on the line for okay?" She said in a hushed tone as she winked at me. I nodded and gave her a soft smile and turned away.

 

 

 

I had been sitting on my bed ever since this little interaction between adoptive mom and orphan boy. I couldn't think about anything other than what had happened between Brian and myself. What he had almost done. I mean, I basically put my life in his hands and he had almost ended it. God. How could I have been so stupid? I...trusted him and he threw that away with one taste of my blood. I don't know if I could ever forgive him.

 

 

 

With all of these thoughts circling in my mind, I leaned my head back against the wall. I closed my eyes tight to try and shake the looming thoughts...but all that I could see was his face. The smile that was so gentle, almost innocent. His eyes asking me permission to taste me. I thought I knew at that moment that he would never do anything to hurt me. Fuck, he even SAID he would never do anything to hurt me. And yet, he had the most terrifying look in his eyes as he held me pinned to that damned bad.

 

 

 

I should've taken Debbie's warning to heart. But there was just something about him that made my heart soar. It wasn't only the fact that he was gorgeous...or that later I would find out that he could give a better blow job than a Hoover vacuum cleaner. It was his eyes. The sorrow and pain of loneliness in the hazel windows to his damned soul.

 

 

 

I felt the tears in my eyes begin to spill down my cheeks. Salty revelations as to what I was feeling. Every tear that fell was another realization that I would have to face.

 

 

 

No matter what he had almost done, I still loved the fucker. I knew that he would come looking for me, but as I glanced out my window and saw the sun peeking over the tops of the buildings; I knew that I couldn't do anything about my situation until nightfall.

 

 

 

So, I pulled a blanket over myself and closed my eyes. I saw Brian's face until I finally succumbed to sleep's embrace.

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

ToBeContinued... :)