Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

The two fathers finally find some private time together and discover their passion flaring anew. *Smut Alert*

 


 

"I wouldn't have even thought about the carriage house," Justin mused as he and Brian approached the structure that normally would have served as either a guest house or as quarters for a caretaker. "Why isn't it being used?" he asked as he felt Brian's hand lightly pressed against his lower back, making him shiver slightly.

 

Brian shrugged. "The guy who's been doing the landscaping for the last several years prefers to live off-site, so I pay him a little extra for gas. And Katie and I never had enough visitors here at one time to warrant opening the carriage house up for use. In case you haven't noticed, the house is rather large."

 

Justin snorted softly. "I noticed," he told him dryly as Brian reached around him to unlock the door. Justin felt Brian's breath on his cheek as his ex-partner told him, "I'm glad it's empty at the moment, though - because I can't wait any longer, Justin." He pushed the door in as he slid both arms around Justin's waist to pull his body back tightly against his, his arousal clearly evident as a rush of desire poured over him. "This is what you want, too, isn't it?" Never before would he have been so tentative, so unsure with anyone, but this was different.

 

He didn't realize he was holding his breath until he felt Justin place his hands over his and whisper, "You know I do." Brian briefly nuzzled the soft flesh on the side of Justin's neck, hearing a sigh of pleasure in reaction, before he pushed Justin into the room and managed to flip on the switch for the table lamps sprinkled throughout the open, combination living and kitchen area, instantly bathing the great room in a soft glow of light.

 

His heart pounding as Brian stood near him, Justin glanced around the large, open area. "It doesn't look much different than the last time I saw it," he observed. He turned as he heard a soft chuff of exasperation coming from his ex-partner nearby and he eyed him sheepishly.

 

"Did you come here to talk about architecture, Sunshine?" he murmured as he walked up to him. "Maybe a walk down memory lane is in order, but the furniture wasn't what I wanted to get reacquainted with. Did you?" He reached up to slowly stroke the back of his hand down Justin's left cheek, watching in fascination as the golden-colored eyelashes fluttered slightly in reaction to his touch.

 

"No," was the honest whisper.

 

"I didn't think so," Brian replied just as he grasped Justin's upper arm and slammed his body against his to crash their lips together. Justin gasped through partly-open lips as Brian's tongue took that as an invitation to deepen the kiss, their arms winding around each other to pull their bodies impossibly closer.

 

"Brian," Justin sputtered out breathlessly as they finally broke apart a minute later. "Did you...?"

 

"Damn straight I did," he growled as his hands began to slowly caress Justin's back.

 

"Gus?" he struggled to say; it was hard to concentrate with Brian's hands roaming everywhere at the moment.

 

Brian nodded with a smile. "I taught the lad well. Remind me to get him another video game for his trouble."

 

Brian rubbed his cheek up against Justin's like a cat playing with its favorite toy as he felt Justin shiver in his arms. He pulled back just enough to reach inside his pants pocket and produce the half-used tube of lube he had found earlier. "Looks like we have all we need now," he reported huskily, rolling his tongue into his cheek.

 

Justin blushed as Brian leaned down to kiss his lips briefly once more. "Good thing this shit has a long shelf life." Not able to wait any longer, he began to rapidly unbutton Justin's shirt. "Time you gave me my shirt back, Sunshine," he growled, not interested in the least in making sure Justin returned it. He merely wanted it off him - NOW.

 

"Not here..." Justin unexpectedly said to Brian's dismay. He frowned before Justin hastened to explain, "Bedroom..."

 

Brian smiled down at him tenderly in relief then, not questioning why he didn't indulge in his sudden notion to just tear Justin's clothes off and take him right then and there while he bent him over the couch. Fuck knows he wanted him - more than anyone he had ever wanted before - but his previous notion that they would barely make it into the carriage house before he fucked him senseless on the floor was somehow being transformed into something deeper, something more meaningful, something more powerful. He wanted Justin to know not only how much he wanted him, but also how much he cared about him and cherished him; how much he wanted this to work this time.

 

He nodded then as he took Justin's hand and pulled him toward the stairs going up to the loft bedroom on the top floor. He flipped on the switch to the upper floor just as they started to ascend the stairs, but he unexpectedly stopped all of a sudden.

 

"What?" Justin asked breathlessly, his pulse racing. "Brian..." he said a little apprehensively.

 

"I'm not letting you go this time," Brian vowed gruffly as he abruptly scooped Justin up into his arms and started to forcefully carry him up the steps.

 

"Brian!" Justin half-protested in embarrassment, but he secretly didn't mind one bit, especially when Brian leaned in to steal another kiss. He expected his ex-partner to put him back down as soon as they arrived upstairs, but Brian apparently had meant what he said, because he didn't release him until he had bodily carried him over to the bed.

 

Lowering his lover down onto the mattress with surprising gentleness, Brian took a moment to admire the man lying there. How many times had he dared dream about this moment? Did he think it would ever happen, though? He had wished, but he had just about given up on it...

 

"Brian," he heard Justin say then as he blinked to stare down into amused but impatient eyes that were boring into his. "Quit analyzing everything; come here."

 

Justin held his arms out as Brian promptly fell into them; they began to kiss furiously now as if a dam had been broken. Hands and legs entangled as Justin held Brian's head firmly in his hands while his lips were ravaged, bitten, sucked, and licked over and over again. He received a thorough tongue washing as his own tongue came out to mingle with his lover's before he managed somehow to flip Brian onto his back. Breaking off their kiss, Justin braced his upper body on his elbows as he stared down into the darkened eyes of his lover's, his heart catching in his throat at the look of unveiled vulnerability as well as obvious love present there. He knew that Brian could see the same sort of look on his own face as he felt the sting of tears prickling his eyes.

 

Brian frowned; that hadn't been the reaction he was expecting. "What is it?" he whispered as he reached up to tuck a lock of soft, golden hair behind Justin's left ear.

 

Justin shook his head as if to dismiss it, but Brian cupped his hand over his cheek to stop him. "Tell me," he insisted, his chest heaving and his breath coming out in soft pants. "No more keeping anything from each other, remember? What?"

 

Justin licked his swollen lips and swallowed the lump in his throat as he admitted, "I didn't think this would ever happen again. I pushed it out of my mind because it hurt so much, Brian. I never thought you and me - and the girls..." His voice trailed off as the emotion threatened to overwhelm him.

 

Brian gazed up at him tenderly, his heart melting, as he moved his hand to place it over Justin's lips. "I know," he whispered. "But here we are, Justin. We did it. And we're going to come out stronger because of it." Justin nodded as Brian softly chided him, "Now will YOU stop analyzing everything?"

 

Justin smiled at him sheepishly and nodded as Brian grabbed his arms and turned him onto his side before gently pushing Justin down so he was face up on the bed. He rose up onto his knees as he began to unbutton Justin's jeans, hearing a sharp intake of breath as his knuckles brushed against his lover's hardening cock. Smirking in the only way that Brian could do, he urgently told him, "Help me out here," as Justin obediently raised his ass so Brian could more easily pull his jeans and briefs down his legs; he licked his lips in anticipation as one of his favorite parts of Justin's anatomy was displayed to his admiring gaze. His and Justin's eyes met as he saw the faint glimmer of pink on his ex-partner's cheeks as he pulled off Justin's socks and shoes, throwing them onto the floor haphazardly before tugging off his pants and underwear. Having already unbuttoned most of the shirt that Justin had commandeered earlier at the cabin after the thunderstorm, it was a simple matter to unbutton the one, last, remaining button as Justin lifted his torso off the bed to have it removed.

 

Brian sat there for a moment as he straddled Justin's legs, admiring the contrast of Justin's pale skin against the darker color of the bedspread. The vibrant, dark red pillows cradled the spill of blond hair dramatically as his breath caught at the beauty splayed out below him. The years had been quite kind to his ex-partner; he was absolutely magnificent. Slightly more muscled now, he had the same, smooth, flawless, creamy skin that Brian could never stop exploring, touching, worshipping. "Fuck, Justin," he couldn't help saying aloud as the memories came flooding back and Justin's face turned red. Brian didn't have to tell him what he was thinking; he knew it was readily apparent to him.

 

He reached down to lightly draw his fingers across his chest, seeing Justin's pec muscles ripple in response. His hand slowly traveled up instead of downward to finally trail alongside Justin's neck and jawline before the pad of Brian's fingers brushed against the full, slightly parted lips. Justin stared up at him, entranced, as Brian shook his head almost in disbelief that at last they were here, together, with no one or nothing to stop what they knew would happen from the first day they had seen each other again.

 

Never taking his eyes off his beautiful lover, Brian slowly slid both his hands down Justin's shoulders and then down his arms to his hands, his light touch both tantalizing as well as ticklish. Justin huffed in pent-up desire and frustration, astonished that Brian of all people was slowly and methodically - dare he say it? - making love to him. "Brian...Please..." The entreaty came out as almost a whimper of unsuppressed desire.

 

"Shh," Brian scolded him, however, and shook his head as he placed his left hand on Justin's thigh; Justin hissed softly at the hot touch of Brian's palm against his skin, even though his body already felt like it was burning up.

 

"We've got all night now, Justin." At last, Brian's other hand reached to grasp the velvety, hard shaft as Justin moaned at the touch that was so welcome and still so familiar; it was even better than he had remembered, though. "Fuck, do you know how long I have wanted to taste you again?" he murmured low and deep as Justin squirmed beneath him. "All this time, all this fucking time," he continued quietly as he began to slowly slide his palm up and down the thick cock, pausing on the upstroke to flick his thumb across the leaking head. "You know, you have a taste like no other. And there's never been anyone else that made me feel the way that you do."

 

"Brian...Fuck..." His lover's words and his sultry tone of voice, more than his actions at the moment, were setting Justin's body aflame. He reached out to try and pull Brian's head down into another kiss, but Brian captured his hands instead in one of his larger ones and held them against his chest. "No," he demanded sternly. "I've waited ten years for this, Justin Taylor; you can wait just a big longer. But if you want me to take the edge off first, I think I can take care of that right now..."

 

His eyes raked hungrily over Justin's body for just a moment before he gripped Justin's cock possessively with his free hand and bent down to promptly engulf the purplish, aching cock in his mouth; his lips constantly traveled over the smooth, silky flesh as Justin gasped in reaction, his pulse racing like a thousand, winged butterflies held in captivity. Brian finally let go of Justin's hand as he placed it down on his thigh to try and keep his lover still, providing Justin with the opportunity to clench one hand in Brian's dark hair as he grasped a bunched-up part of the sheet with his other.

 

Brian murmured an appreciative 'mmm' against his cock, and the vibration of his lips made Justin's toes curl in exquisite agony, his entire body stiffening as he felt Brian's tongue swiping the underside in a slow, languorous, methodical, up and down motion before his lips clamped back down on his shaft.

 

Justin's death grip on his hair made Brian chuckle as he felt his ex-partner about to explode. Even though it had been a long time, he knew he was extremely close. He lifted his eyes just enough to stare into a pair of almost inky-blue, penetrating ones before he resumed his sucking in earnest; a few seconds later, Justin's body drew into a tight coil and, with a loud guttural cry of release, he promptly exploded into Brian's waiting mouth.

 

Brian closed his eyes as Justin's come hit the roof of his mouth and his throat; memories of so many times before instantly springing to mind. Whether it was the fact that he never envisioned this would ever be possible again, pheromones at work, earthshattering sex or just plain love he didn't really know, but when the milky substance hit his mouth, he thought it was more delectable than the finest wine he had ever tasted as he labored to swallow every drop.

 

He finally raised his head to peer up at Justin; there was a fine sheen of sweat on his pale skin as his chest heaved up and down in the aftermath of his climax, and his hands were flopped out to either side of his body in exhaustion, but fuck, he looked absolutely incredible.

 

Crawling up Justin's body, he felt his neglected cock, heavy and hard, lying between them as he swooped down to capture his lover's mouth for another deep kiss; he knew he would never grow tired of the way kissing Justin made him feel. From that first day they had shared their first kiss after all those years, he knew deep down he was lost and would never be able to escape Justin's pull on him; nor would he ever want to.

 

As he reluctantly broke off their kiss, he stared into Justin's eyes, so vibrantly blue, receiving a lazy sort of smile in return that made his heart flutter. His lover caught him off guard just then as Justin tangled his legs with his and, with surprising agility and strength, quickly turned them over so he was sitting on top of him now.

 

"That was amazing," Justin murmured as he grabbed Brian's hands and in a blink of an eye sat up on top of his thighs.

 

"Better than you remembered?" Brian had to ask.

 

"Considering I've been jacking off to dreams about this for years now?" Justin confessed. He stared into Brian's eyes for a moment before he admitted softly, "Yeah, it was. And now...It's my turn," he whispered sexily. "Let me express my appreciation by taking care of you." Freeing up one of Brian's hands as he continued to gaze into the darkened, almost black pupils, Justin boldly reached down to grasp his lover's cock and give the hard, hot flesh a firm squeeze. Brian grunted in appreciation as Justin slowly began to stroke it with a deliberate, smooth motion as he began to deliberately grind his ass against Brian's body.

 

Unable to stand it any longer at that point, Brian pulled his hand away from Justin's to grab Justin's ass cheeks with both hands; his fingers dug into the warm, smooth flesh, causing Justin to moan softly in response as he continued to grope Brian's cock, his tempo increasing with each stroke. "Justin..."

 

"God, you feel so fucking good," Justin murmured as he braced his hand against Brian's chest, palm down, while he continued to determinedly push Brian toward his climax. Even after all this time, he knew precisely what to do to make Brian crazy with desire.

 

"Justin, stop," Brian growled as he felt his body begin to clench with the telltale signs of pending orgasm. He reached around to still Justin's hand with his own as the golden eyelashes lifted innocently to meet his. "Little fucker," he stated with a mock glare as Justin smirked down at him; the man knew exactly what he was doing. "No," he said a little louder as a pout almost broke out on his lover's full lips. "Shit, Justin," he confessed. "I need to be inside you."

 

Justin nodded as he gave the steel-hard shaft one more squeeze as his lover's hips rose slightly off the bed in reaction. "All you had to do was ask," he whispered huskily. He reached over for the condom package that Brian had somehow managed to mysteriously place next to them on the bed, holding it up briefly in front of Brian's darkened eyes before he ripped one corner with his teeth and blew the paper out between his lips. His eyes bored into his lover's as he retrieved the latex and began to deftly slide it over Brian's cock, his fingers making Brian's body tingle with barely-controlled arousal.

 

Brian watched under hooded eyes as Justin then reached for the lube and, flipping the top open with his thumb, squeezed some onto his fingers before rubbing it teasingly up and down Brian's cock, making his ex-partner inhale a sharp intake of anticipation. "You like that?" Justin murmured seductively as Brian reached out and grabbed his wrist in an almost death-like grip.

 

"Fuck, you know I do," Brian growled back at him. He abruptly tugged on Justin's wrist so strongly that he pulled him down on top of him; his cock was achingly hard by now. He tangled his legs in Justin's to allow him to roll Justin over onto his back as his lover smirked up at him.

 

"Subtle as ever," Justin responded dryly as their eyes locked on each other's.

 

Brian couldn't help grinning down at him before he stole another kiss briefly. Bracing his body on his elbows, his face transformed into something more intense; a look so powerful that it made Justin's breath catch in his throat. "I could get lost in your eyes," Brian whispered with such heartfelt emotion as he cupped his hands around Justin's face that it quickly grew warm at the unexpected sentiment.

 

Once more, Justin found himself intrigued by how much Brian had changed. The differences were both elusive but also profound. "Brian..." he whispered, his voice choking on his words as his heart threatened to explode with love for this man. "Make love to me."

 

Brian swallowed hard; how long had he waited for Justin to say that? And how long had he wondered if he ever would hear it at all? He nodded, leaning down to pluck one more kiss from his ex-partner's plump, soft, pink lips, before he rose up onto his knees. In silent accord, Justin raised his legs to link his ankles around Brian's waist as Brian took his hand to line up his cock with Justin's hole. He reached over to grab the tube of lube that Justin had discarded back onto the mattress, but his lover's hand on his arm made him stop and look down at him as Justin shook his head.

 

"No, we've waited long enough," he told him firmly as he shifted impatiently underneath him. "I'm more than ready now. Please, Brian."

 

Brian held his gaze for a few seconds before he nodded; his heart pounded as he laid the tube back onto the bed. Licking his lips in anticipation as he leaned forward slightly, his eyes never left his beautiful lover's as he gripped his pulsating, throbbing cock and, finally, finally, pushed in slightly as Justin's body rose to envelope him further. "Ahh," he half-grunted, half-hissed as he felt the old, familiar heat engulfing him. Nothing, nothing had ever felt like this before Justin came into his life, and he knew that nothing ever would. "Justin..."

 

He pushed in a little more, unwilling to pull back out as Justin grasped his upper arms and raised his hips to coax him in even further in a kind of well-choreographed ballet. He heard Justin suck in a breath suddenly as he thrust in deeper, however, causing him to stop, even though his body was crying out desperately for release. "Justin? You okay?" he asked breathlessly as he strove to catch his breath.

 

Justin bit his lip; he knew after not bottoming for such a long time that the initial burn would be somewhat painful. He hadn't counted, however, on it being quite this excruciating. In a way, it was sort of symbolic, because it was similar to their 'other' first time, way back when he was still just a virgin teenager. But it didn't help to ease the physical pain he was feeling now.

 

Brian frowned as his fingers dug into Justin's thighs. "Justin? Talk to me."

 

"I'm not in the mood to 'talk,' Brian," his lover grunted out as he fought to keep his breathing even. He didn't want his ex-partner to know how much this was affecting him. Besides, if he could just endure a few moments of pain, he knew it would all quickly transform into something exquisitely amazing. It always had with Brian; tonight, though, he suspected it would be so much more than that. He noticed all of a sudden that Brian was still kneeling there, staring down into his troubled eyes. He licked his lips to moisten them as he urged him in a raspy whisper, "Go on."

"But..."

 

"Brian, please," he struggled to reassure him as he gripped his lover's arms tightly. "Do it; I need you inside me. It's been so long..."

 

Brian frowned, his motions stilling as a hopeful epiphany began to take flight. "Just how long has it been?" he asked softly as he pushed in slightly and was met with a wince and a gasp, serving to apparently verify his suspicions.

 

"Brian..."

 

"No, Justin, I have to know," he insisted to his lover's chagrin. "How long has it been since you've bottomed for someone? Surely you - and that asshole..." Or did he?


To his delight, however, Justin harrumphed in irritation as he admitted what he had been hoping he would say: "I never bottomed for him, Brian," he told him with a twinge of embarrassment that his ex-partner was bringing that up now of all times. He sighed. "Not for him - or anyone else," he admitted softly as his eyes locked onto his and he bit his lip awkwardly.

 

"Never?" was the soft query. When he noticed Justin avert his eyes, Brian reached down to grasp his chin to gently turn it and force him to look at him. "Justin?"

 

Justin's eyes glistened as he hoarsely whispered, "Never." He rolled his eyes impatiently. "Now will you please stop with the analyzing again and get on with it? You're driving me crazy here, Brian! No more stalling now. Fuck me."

 

Brian opened his mouth, about to argue that he needed to prepare him, but the look on Justin's face caused him to shake his head as he stared into the bright, darkened eyes of his lover. "No," he said to Justin's surprise before he explained, "There's not going to be any fucking tonight." And although he couldn't come right out and say what it would really be, Justin knew what he was trying to say nonetheless as he felt Brian slowly push inside farther in response.

 

Brian watched as Justin contorted his face in discomfort, knowing the last thing he wanted was for him to stop. So taking a brief moment for his lover to adjust to his girth, he waited until he felt an almost imperceptible squeeze on his upper arm a few seconds later before he thrust in further, leaning over now to angle his body to heighten the pressure and press through Justin's pain.

 

He knew the moment he had succeeded when he watched Justin's eyes widen in realization and darken in lust several seconds later, the tip of his tongue darting out in arousal like it always did as he let out a pleasurable gasp this time when Brian hit his sweet spot. Justin not having bottomed for anyone since they had parted made the sensation almost too much to comprehend; Justin was so tight, almost impossibly tight, even after all this time, and it made his body feel like it was on fire.

 

"Yesssss," Justin moaned out as Brian bent him in half and plunged deep inside, rocking back and forth as he thrust in and out of him, the hot, constrictive channel now generously coated with lubrication. His cock began to slide smoothly in and out as he continually kissed Justin on each down stroke, unable to get enough, to ever get enough.

 

"More," Justin urged him as he dug into the muscled flesh of Brian's arms and snapped his hips in time with Brian's thrusting. "Yes, right there," he murmured in a haze of desire a few seconds later as Brian deftly angled his cock to hit him squarely in his prostate each time. He felt dizzy, elated, and exhilarated all at the once as he blindly held on for dear life when Brian grabbed onto his legs and pressed them even tighter together as he thrust back in and then back out. His strokes, however, weren't savage or brutal; they were slow, deliberate, and carefully timed to provide him with the utmost in pleasure.

 

Brian couldn't help staring into the set of mesmerizing blue eyes that had haunted his dreams for so long as he pushed in smoothly and then back out with a soft grunt on each down stroke, his body quickly tightening with a delicious sort of torment. His memories of how incredible they had been together before were nothing compared to this moment, to this reality. As he swooped in to kiss his lover's waiting, ravaged lips once more, swiping his tongue inside briefly to reacquaint himself with Justin's unique taste, he was in awe of how this made him feel, how he suddenly felt alive, and how his heart was pounding so rapidly in excitement. At that moment, no words would have been adequate enough to express his emotions as he realized he was quickly heading toward a point of no return.

 

Justin could feel the sweat trickling down his forehead as Brian continued to make love to him, but he didn't care; he was too lost in the emotions flowing through them, in the memories that were quickly resurfacing, and by the weight that had suddenly lifted from his heart. He watched, entranced, as Brian's eyes continually changed while his body rippled fluidly in and out of him; first they were dark green and gold, then more of a chocolate brown color, and then, as he approached his climax, more of a molten, dark lava hue. He could feel Brian's body tensing under his touch, as well as hear his lover's groans and grunts becoming louder and more guttural, signifying that he, too, wasn't going to last too long this round.

 

"Brian," he breathed out raggedly as their eyes locked on each other. "So, so damn good. I'm...I'm..." He couldn't even vocalize it as all the emotions boiled up inside of him.

 

All it took then was for Brian to whisper those words that he so rarely had uttered before; a husky, heartfelt "love you so fucking much," before Justin's body tensed and he promptly exploded in uncontrollable desire. Shouting out a hoarse, throaty cry, his body tightened like a coil before he spewed his seed all over Brian's chest without Brian even touching his cock.

 

A few seconds later, Brian pushed in one, last, deep, time before his mouth opened wide and his face contorted into uncontrollable pleasure as he, too, joined his lover in kind, falling down heavily on top of him as they lay there sprawled together in a tangle of limbs, sweaty, spent and exhausted, Brian's head resting in the crook of Justin's neck and shoulder as their chests rose and fell in exertion.

 

Brian remained there immobile, his eyes closed as he listened to Justin - his lover, his soul mate, his everything - breathing softly beneath him. He felt Justin's hands lovingly caressing his back in an up-and-down motion as a rush of memories flooded his mind of so many other times before when they had made love and held each other much like they were doing now. He wished he could lie there forever, just savoring this feeling and this incredible moment. But he knew that wasn't possible; they still had some issues to work through and some concerns to address.

 

What he DID know, however, was that he was never letting this man go again. It was going to be difficult enough to just say goodbye for a few days when Justin returned to Chicago. At least this time, though, he knew he would be back. He had no doubts now that Justin did love him and wanted to be with him. That made it a little difficult, though, knowing that when he returned he wouldn't be waking up with Justin in his arms each morning. But if he had anything to say about that, their temporary living arrangements would quickly become just that - temporary. For he wanted nothing more than to go to sleep with Justin in his bed every night and wake up with him in his bed each morning - every fucking day for the rest of their lives. For now, though, this was a promising start.

 

"Hey," he heard Justin say as he lifted his head to peer into the expressive, blue eyes. He smiled softly at his lover and brushed some plastered hair back from his forehead as their lips met for one more kiss before he reluctantly twisted his body off Justin's and, removing the condom, tied it and dropped it down onto the floor beside the bed. Lying on his back for a moment, he turned over onto his side to face his ex-partner, no, he thought, partner now, reaching over to take his hand in his as Justin's fingers curled over his palm in response.

 

Justin's heart swelled with so much love at that moment; it was almost surreal in a way. He had dreamed of this day for so long in the dark of night, in the most private of places in his mind, but he still could never be sure that it would ever happen. To be lying here now with his hand clasped in Brian's, gazing into his face again, experiencing his touch, his taste, his smell; it was almost overwhelming but oh, so wondrous. "I...I wasn't sure this would ever happen," he finally acknowledged aloud as he gazed into Brian's eyes.

 

Brian pulled Justin's hand to his mouth and kissed the knuckles tenderly as he briefly cradled it against his cheek. "Me, neither," he admitted softly as he slowly caressed Justin's hand with his thumb. He smiled back at him, a smile that was so open he made Justin's heart skip a beat. "But I'm so glad that it did." He sucked in a breath before confessing, "Fuck, Justin; I've missed you and Kaylee so damn much."

 

Justin's eyes watered. "Not as much as I've missed the two of you," he told him in a choked up voice. Not caring at the moment how sticky or scummy he felt - treating it, rather, as evidence that this was, indeed, really happening and it wasn't a dream - he laid his head on Brian's chest as he felt Brian slowly feather the hair at the top of his head. He felt Brian's heart beating strongly against his ear, so reassuring and solid as he wrapped his free hand around Brian's torso and pulled him closer, trying to burrow more deeply into his lover's body as their clasped hands lay together against Brian's chest. He looked at their twined fingers, one tanned hand and one lighter in complexion, and thought they fit together perfectly.

 

Brian idly caressed Justin's hair as he confessed, "I've always loved your hair. I'm glad you've kept it longer. I think it's hot." He gave it a slight tug, causing Justin to lift his head to peer up at him. He smiled before leaning in to steal yet another kiss.

 

As they broke off their kiss, Justin reached up to place a couple of fingers against Brian's lips. "You're pretty hot yourself," he murmured as Brian smirked and waggled his eyebrows, just like he figured he would. "You're the sexiest dad I've ever seen."

 

Brian grinned. "I am, aren't I?" Justin laughed before his lover's face grew serious and he added solemnly, "Justin, promise me going forward that you will tell me if I do something that bothers you."

 

"I don't think I've ever had a problem with that," his ex-partner pointed out.

 

"No," Brian admitted with a smile. "Being able to speak your mind and stand up for your convictions is one of the things I've always admired in you. But if I do something to really piss you off, let me know sooner rather than later, okay? If it takes another ten years for us to reconcile, I may not be such a sexy dad then."

 

Justin tilted his head to stare into his eyes a little better, one side of his mouth quirked up in amusement. "Okay. But only if you do the same."

 

Brian eyed him intently before he nodded. "Deal." Justin smiled as he nestled his head into Brian's chest, just before he heard Brian make a sort of sniffing smell. He turned his head to peer up into his ex-partner's eyes. "What?"

 

Brian crinkled his nose as he told him, "You smell like a strawberry daiquiri, Sunshine. A cheap, strawberry daiquiri. For someone who's supposedly doing well in the art world, you still have bargain-basement tastes when it comes to shampoo."

 

Brian was afraid for just a moment that he had made Justin angry when his lover abruptly rolled off him and stood up to face him by the side of the bed. He didn't look angry, though, as Brian's eyes slowly trailed down his body to linger on his cock, which he noticed was beginning to rise to the occasion once more. He smiled over at him smugly as Justin informed him in a seductive tone of voice that left no doubt about his intentions, "Well, then, maybe you should let me use some of your expensive shit. I happen to be feeling really, really dirty at the moment. How about it?"

 

Brian grinned as he, too, twisted to roll off the bed and stand beside him; there was no doubt that Round No. 2 was about to commence. "Yeah, I'm feeling downright filthy myself."

 



The Next Morning...


Justin smiled in his sleep, reliving his magical night with Brian all over again in his head. Of course, he had just gone to sleep a few hours ago; his and Brian's period of 'reacquainting' themselves had wound up lasting most of the night by the time they had finished. If it hadn't been for Brian managing to obtain only two condoms from Gus, too, there would have been a lot more fucking in between the blowjobs and the hand jobs in the shower and in bed. But in their haste to get to the carriage house, Brian had informed him that he had neglected to run upstairs to Gus's shaving kit to get more supplies, so they had had to make do with only two sessions for now. Even so, it had been a glorious night; even better than he had remembered, and it had made for some quite pleasurable dreams afterward.

 

From his place by his side, Brian watched Justin sleeping, wondering, hoping that the enigmatic smile on his lover's face was for him. His heart fluttered as his gaze lingered on Justin's face, so relaxed in slumber. A brief flicker of guilt crossed his mind as he wondered how many nights Justin had slept fitfully over what he had done before and all the years they had lost, but he forced himself to push that unpleasant thought aside. As both of them had stated before, they could not turn the hands of time backward, only go forward. He wanted to concentrate, instead, not on the past that they couldn't alter, but on the future - a future that promised to be a happy and fulfilled one. Because now he realized that he couldn't bear the thought of not having both his daughters - and Justin - in his life forever. The other alternative was simply not acceptable to him, so he would work relentlessly to make sure that never happened.

 

He knew he should let Justin sleep - he had to be as worn out if not more so than he was after last night - but he remembered his partner's whispered request before he fell asleep to wake him up when he got ready for work so he could get an early start on his trip back to Chicago; so he had no choice but to honor that request. That didn't mean he couldn't make the fulfillment of that request a pleasurable one, though. Pulling back the thin sheet covering Justin's lower body, his eyes slowly traveled down the beautiful, unblemished face, down to the pale, smooth, slightly more-toned chest, and then toward the cock that he had teased and tasted last night to distraction that was now lying half-erect against Justin's belly. He had tormented that particular part of Justin's anatomy relentlessly last night until it had driven his lover wild with desire, and he had enjoyed every bit of it, as well as everything else they had done. He couldn't wait until the day when he could have Justin in his bed on a regular basis, and not just because of the sex; he realized now that it meant so much more than that.

 

He turned over enough so he could lie half-on, half-off Justin's body as his hand reached out to slowly brush his fingers across the slightly dry lips. He watched as Justin's tongue slid out to wet his lips as his smile slowly deepened in realization that he wasn't dreaming any longer; as soon as his mouth parted, Brian used it to his advantage as he gently pushed his fingers inside to be greeted with a hot, wet, tongue washing. His own cock stirred in response as he slowly withdrew his fingers, feeling the cool breeze blowing over them, as he watched Justin's eyes slowly flutter open in reaction. His heart lurched at the tender, loving smile that appeared on his face as his eyes met his.

 

He couldn't help smiling back at him as he whispered, "Good Morning, Sleepyhead."

 

"Morning," was the drowsy reply as Justin stretched his body to try and wake up. "What time is it? And don't say..."

 

Brian grinned. "Okay, I won't," he assured him as his eyes traveled down to Justin's neglected cock, which seemed to be getting distinctly harder. "But I would be more than happy to help you with that."

 

Justin blushed, such an endearing trait even now, Brian decided, as he replied softly, "I might just take you up on that offer, but it will have to be in the shower. I really need to get ready for my trip."

 

"Does it have to be this morning?" Brian pressed as he trailed his hand lightly against the side of Justin's face, not caring if his question sounded needy or he appeared vulnerable. He hated the thought of Justin being away even for a short time, but he knew that ultimately it would be a good thing, because the sooner he took care of his old life, the sooner they could start their new one together. That didn't mean he wouldn't miss him like hell in the meantime, though. At least when any doubts resurfaced, however, all he had to do was look at both daughters there in the house with him, and it would reassure him of Justin's love and his intention to return.

 

Justin reached up to grasp Brian's hand in his and place it against his chest. "If I don't leave this morning," he confessed, "I might not leave at all."

 

"And that's a bad thing?" was the response as Brian's eyes bored into his, making his skin warm.

 

Justin gazed at his gorgeous lover, the man who had stolen his heart so long ago and had never returned it, as he admitted, "Well, of course not; not in a way." He smiled. "Especially after last night." Brian rolled his lips under as Justin added, "But I have to tie up all the loose ends back home before we can move ahead, you know that."

 

"Will that ever change?" Brian asked quietly as he took his free hand and slowly caressed Justin's shoulder, feeling him trembling slightly beneath his touch.

 

Justin frowned as he peered over at him. "Will what ever change?"

 

"You thinking of Chicago as home; I was hoping that Britin was your home." Brian didn't understand why that was so important to him and why it hurt a little - after all, it was just words - but he realized that it did anyway.

 

Justin hadn't missed the slightly wounded look that had flashed across Brian's face or the look of pain that had flickered in his eyes just then, and it made him feel momentarily guilty. He hoped that both of them were done with lying to each other, though, and he wasn't about to start that anew now. He stared up into his lover's eyes; it did feel wonderful being back in his arms again, but it wasn't enough - for now. "Brian, it's been years since I lived here," he pointed out. "It's going to take a while for me to get used to it again. And Kaylee; she's lived practically her whole life in Chicago. She's much more of a city girl than a country girl. I almost had to drag her to camp. She's going to have an even bigger culture shock than I will moving out here."

 

Brian's hand stilled on Justin's shoulder. "You don't think this will work?"

 

Justin gazed up at him, surprised by how unsure Brian sounded. Normally Brian was one of the most confident, assertive persons he knew; or at least used to know. "Brian...after last night, how can you ask me that?" he chided him gently as the hazel eyes shifted downward. He reached over to place his fingers under Brian's jaw. "Look at me, Brian."

 

Slowly Brian turned his head and lifted his eyes to stare into a pair of resolute blue ones as Justin told him, "I told you that I forgave you, and you told me the same thing. And we both still love each other. I have every intention of making this work. Don't you?"

 

"Of course I want this to work!" Brian growled, his eyes flashing. "I love both you and Kaylee, Justin!"

 

"I know you do," was the instant reply as Justin slowly stroked Brian's cheek soothingly. "I've never had any question about that. So you need to trust me now that everything will work out. There has to be an adjustment period for all of us, though. Okay?" Silence reigned as Justin sighed. "I said...Okay? Brian?"

 

Brian finally nodded. "Okay," he agreed grudgingly, still not quite reassured by the whole conversation. "It'd better," he told Justin firmly as he stared into his eyes. "How long will you be gone?"

 

"Probably just a couple of days; just long enough to gather what I need, meet with a realtor to have the condo listed, and arrange to have some things brought down here."

 

Brian frowned. "I thought you had decided to just sell the condo turnkey? Wouldn't that make the most sense? There are more than enough furnishings in the house."

 

Justin nodded. "Yeah, for the most part. But I do have a few things I want to make sure I keep, mainly for sentimental reasons. You don't mind, do you?"

 

Brian began to caress Justin's shoulder again as he stared intently into his eyes, wondering just what he meant by 'sentimental.' But he decided he had to trust him on that. "No," he finally decided. "Not as long as I get to keep YOU and Kaylee."

 

Justin had to grin at that statement. "That sounds equitable; I think that can probably be arranged."

 

Brian smiled finally. "Good. Well, then, I say we seal the deal with some good, not-so-clean fun before I have to go to work and you have to head out." He leaned in to brush his partner's lips, the kiss quickly deepening as their mouths blossomed open and tongues came out to intertwine. Brian turned over to drape his body over Justin's as they embraced and their legs tangled. It would be several minutes before they finally rose from the bed to head toward the shower.

Chapter End Notes: