Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended


AN: There seems to be some confusion on the previous chapter for the timeline for the drive. I do as detailed a research as is possible for my fics to make them as real as possible.

I researched two places in Vermont.
To drive from Pittsburgh to Montpelier, Vermont is around 460 miles or 740,14 km
To drive from Pittsburgh to Stowe, Vermont is around 465 miles or 744,97 km

In ideal weather conditions and little traffic, it would take between 7,5 to 8 hours. However, it is winter and there is snow so Brian would have to drive slowly nearly doubling the length of the drive ± 15 hour drive in total, in bad weather conditions. Also Justin would need to stop every hour or so to stand and stretch his legs as his healing injuries would be aggravated by sitting in a car for too long = 7,5 hours to stop every hour for half an hour.
So the calculations are as follows

Day 1 Day 2
Justin was discharged in the morning 1,5 hours for breakfast and shower
They had a nap and left in the afternoon Drive for 3 hours with stops
Drove for around 4 hours with stops in between 1 hour stop for lunch
Stopped for the night and ate Drive for 3 hours with stops
Total Hours ± 7 hours + 8 hour sleep Had dinner and stopped for the night
Total Hours ± 14,5 hours + 8 hours sleep
Day 3
1,5 hours for breakfast and shower
Drive for 3 hours with stops
1 hour lunch stop
Drive for 2 hours with stops
Arrive in Vermont in the afternoon

I trust this clears things up for the pedantic among you??? Please remember that this is F-I-C-T-I-O-N! Anything can happen!
(Excuse the rant, and on to the story…)




------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Ten

Consciousness slowly returned to Justin. He was in no hurry to get up so he stayed lying in Brian’s arms as a grin began to spread across his face. The arms wrapped around him tightened to get his attention and warm puffs of air grazed his ear.

“What are you grinning about?” asked Brian, his voice gravely due to sleep.

“How do you know I’m grinning?” Justin was curious.

“I think that I know you by now, Sunshine.”

“I just can’t believe we actually made it. Usually something happens to stop us from getting away.” He didn’t mention how utterly romantic of Brian this trip was. The blonde wasn’t going to push his luck and besides Brian would get the meaning in his words.

Brian squeezed Justin once more, said, “Not this time,” as he rolled out of bed.

Before he made his way to the bathroom, the brunette turned to Justin, “you might wanna phone your mother. I texted her to let her know we were here but she’s gonna wanna hear it from you.” That said, Brian walked into the bathroom to take a leak and shower.

Justin grabbed the phone next to his bed and dialled. It rang three times before Jennifer picked up.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Mom.”

“Justin, I’m glad you called. How are you? Do you like the surprise?” she asked already knowing what his answer would be.

“Fuck yes. It’s brilliant. I can’t believe you kept something like this from me or that you teamed up with Brian.”

“A lot has changed, sweetheart. Brian’s a good man and makes you happy so I’ll do what I can to help.”

Justin smiled, “You don’t know what that means to me, Mom.”

“I know, sweetheart. Your sister’s here and wants to talk to you, just hang on.”

“Hi, Justin.”

“Hey, Mollusk.”

“Mom said you went on holiday to Vermont. You’re so lucky. Are you having fun?”

Justin laughed, “We just got here a couple of hours ago but so far I love it.”

Brian walked out the bathroom with no towel in time to overhear the last statement. He tuned out the blonde’s chatter with a hidden smile and looked for his clothes to dress. Justin said his goodbyes and eyed Brian up and down, quirking his eyebrow in a silent question.

“We’re going down to eat, so hop on the shower, Sunshine.”

Justin climbed out of bed, lazily kissed Brian, and then headed to the shower with his partner watching his naked ass as he disappeared from sight.


Dinner was held in a large hall-like room. There were mini chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Wreaths and mistletoe were tastefully scattered throughout the room. Brian and Justin were seated at a small table by one of the windows.

As they began eating, Justin observed everyone else in the room. There were a number of other couples, both straight and queer, and there were even some families.

Smirking, Justin glanced up at Brian and teasingly asked, “So does this like count as a date?”

His partner stared at him in shock before laughing, “Sunshine, I think we are past the stage of dating in our relationship.”

The young artist flashed Brian his sunshine smile while he was dancing on the inside. They really were different this time. Justin looked around the room again in order to avoid making a big deal out of it.

His eyes landed on a gay couple three tables down. Something about them was niggling at the back of his head and he couldn’t figure out what. Light from one of the chandeliers bounced off of the rings on the men’s wedding fingers and it sent a light bulb off in Justin’s head. Of course! Gay marriage was legal in Vermont. He shook his head ruefully and looked back at Brian to find that the brunette had been watching him.

“Don’t worry, Brian. I don’t need that anymore. I just need you.” The blonde had accepted that he wouldn’t be getting married while in a relationship with Brian Kinney, even if said man could now admit that they were in a relationship.

In answer, Brian reached across the table, took Justin’s hand and ran his thumb over the knuckles. The brunette smiled softly at his younger partner instead of becoming defensive. The soft reassurance allowed Justin to relax but Brian watched him quietly the whole night with an unreadable look in his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
AN: Sorry it’s a little short I’m not too sure of the original timeline but mine starts at eh end of November until around Christmas hence the title.