Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin breathed a sigh of one thousand reliefs, as they approached the Escalade. It looked the same as it had when he'd left it three days ago. Justin pressed the alarm button on the car's key ring. 'Chirp, Chirp' sang loudly through the garage.

Exhausted, Justin wanted nothing more than to drive to Britin and crawl into bed. A small shiver of longing traced his bones, envisioning the cozy comforter embracing him.
After he practically poured Brian into the passenger seat he scurried to the driver's side.

Grateful for the brunet's current calm silence, he prepared to drive.

First, he inserted the key into the ignition.

Second, he moved the seat to close the gap between his (shorter than Brian's) legs and the pedals.

Next to lastly, he adjusted the rear view mirror.

Lastly...his skeleton leapt from his skin, his cry of "Jesus Christ!" echoing throughout the parking structure.

Justin's exclaim held more truth than he knew...as he stared into eyes that stared back into blue.

Strapped with a belt, perched in the seat...was our Lord and saviour.

A doll baby Jesus, sat proper and neat...hi-jacked from his manger.

As his heart slowed slightly, he turned to face his husband. The older man appeared mere moments from unconsciousness. "Shit Brian, are you trying to kill me?" he panted,"That damn doll almost gave me a stroke." Justin lectured.

Hazel eyes held sorrow.

'What's the problem now?' he'd wanted to snap. The brunet's shenanigans were ridiculously exhausting.

"Why is baby Jesus riding with us?" he instead asked lovingly, amused.

Brian sighed and glanced back to the pint sized holy child who just smiled it's painted grin.

"I saved him." Brian began in cryptic monotone. "He was in the nativity outside of St. Joan's church." he said his mother's name as if it tasted as bitter as the woman's own personality. "She's always in charge of the live scene on Christmas." he explained softly "and I didn't like the idea of Satan herself corrupting another child." he patted the doll's head. "The Devil cannot raise the Lord." he stated matter-of-factly.

Justin rolled his eyes, and made a mental note to swing by St. Stephen's and return the newborn king before the three wise men grew suspicious.

Although he was unsure of the legalities, he was fairly positive kidnapping baby Jesus fell on the weighted end of a misdemeanor.

Eager to just get himself and his husband to bed before they broke anymore laws; Justin put the car in drive and exited the garage.

Dashing through the road, in a horse powered Escalade,

there were no signs of snow, just more impending rain.

No gliding open sleigh, steered forth by Kris Kringle,

Though heard not far away, was a very distinctive jingle.

He glanced at Brian, "Did you hear jingle bells?"

Brian just smiled sloppily, attempting seduction. "Jingle my bells Sunshine." was all that he said before closing his eyes and saying no more.

In the sudden quiet, Justin heard it again.

From the rear of the car arose such a clatter, a tinkle Justin couldn't ignore.

Pulling over to see just what was the matter, he put it in park and opened the door.

The air kissed him cold , then he opened the gate.

There sat to behold, a harness…fitted for eight.

"Lovely." Justin griped quietly.

Briefly he racked his brain for locations that had had live displays. He couldn't think of any. No doubt this harness originally belonged to their earlier houseguest and his seven closest friends.

It was not until he'd returned to his seat, that a daunting thought hit him. Hit him hard and vicious.

Brian only took the SUV today because Michael was swinging by at lunchtime to fill it with Gus and JR's gifts. Kicking himself for not having noticed before, Justin struggled with the air. Something, that currently was both much needed and strangling the fuck out of him.

He closed his eyes and inhaled; desperately attempting to avoid hyperventilation. Slowly, purposefully, he faced his partner.

"Brian?" he inquired softly. The man slowly opened his eyes but couldn't be bothered to turn his head. "Yeeesss?" he drawled.

"Did Michael drop off the kids' presents today?"

"Yes Dear." he said teasingly, "They're in the back."

'Shit. Exactly what he hadn't wanted to hear.' He chuckled nervously "Um, no, there aren't any gifts in here."

Brian looked perplexed.

"Oh. Well then, change my answer to…no." he said, choosing his words carefully. Searching Justin's eyes with his own, he spoke again, "Wait. Um, Yes? No?" he could tell his blond headed hubby was losing patience. "Which answer will not get me into trouble?" he attempted to tease. Justin was not amused.

"Brian, those were all of the kids' presents! Where are they?" Justin cried.

"Uh-oh. Dad's mad." was all Brian said,though he did genuinely attempt to recall the gifts' whereabouts.

Justin was staring at him with enough heat in his glare to roast his chestnuts.

"Don't worry. They were delivered to good girls and boys." Brian assured him, just seconds before he closed his eyes and fell silent again.

"Goddamn it Brian. No stores are open! Everyone's going to be arriving to our home in a few hours. And the kids, they're going to be wondering where Santa put their toys." he felt his jaw clench, but it was exhilarating to vent, regardless if the brunet was listening or not.

"But we haven't got their toys have we? No. All we have is a drinking problem, a reindeer harness and Santa's fucking pants." he was exasperated.

With his eyes still closed, Brian began naming reindeer "Dasher, Dancer, Drunken, Horny, Twinkie, Trick…" he trailed off his words as drool trailed from his lips.

Justin resisted the urge to smack him.

After a quick pit stop to return Jesus, Justin continued his solitary internal queen out all the way to Britin.

To Justin's dismay, Brian had found a new love for the Christmas carols he claimed to loathe.

Pittsburgh should've been grateful for it's lack of snow, as it would've melted as they descended into holiday hell.

Their final plunge into the fire pits came when Brian began singing the twelve days of Christmas. Days of which the brunet continually forgot which gift was given when. He was therefore prompted to start all the way back at the beginning.

Twenty five minutes and forty nine days (or there abouts) of Christmas later, Justin pulled the car into the driveway.

Turning off the engine, Justin sighed and looked at the gorgeous mess riding shotgun.

Based on the current 'luck to shit' ratio, Justin was not surprised to hear Brian's faint snores. A sound he'd generally found endearing, was now irritating him to pieces.

Of course now the man was sleeping and quiet. Now that they were home (fucking finally). Now that the blond needed the brunet to wake up and walk to the door.

"Brian." he spoke softly and poked his husband's shoulder gently.

Brian was doing his best impression of a child not wanting to wake for school. Justin was met with an unintelligible groan and swatting hands.

"Brian." he sterned and shook the man's upper body. "We're home. Let's go inside."

No response.

Justin exited the car, purposefully slamming his door loudly in hopes of waking sleeping beauty. No such luck. He strode to the other side and pulled open Brian's door. The brunet stirred slightly and opened one hazed hazel eye.

"Sunshine!" he piped cheerily as if he had been genuinely surprised at his husband's sudden appearance.

"Yep, it's me. We're home." he sent an encouraging smile.

"Home." Brian nodded in apparent approval as he clumsily stumbled from the seat. As soon as both feet hit the ground, his lips found Justin's neck.

He nuzzled and muzzled that pale little neck.

A flutter of kisses, some licks and some pecks.

Justin felt giddy and started to blush.

A flood of desire started to gush.

Pulling himself away from his heated need to feel Brian within him, Justin straightened his posture.

"We've gotta get inside. Can you make it?"

"Make it." Brian whispered as his hands instantly found their way to Justin's ass.

"Yes Mr. Kinney." Justin said trying his damnedest to inject humor. "If you get your ass in the house, my ass is all yours."

"Now, these are terms that resonate with me Sunshine." he drawled.

"I figured." Justin smiled, propping Brian against the brick house, so he could open the door.

With a flick of a switch, their home came to light.

A place both men felt complete.

Desperately he eyed the stairs' endless flight.

Justin feared the nearing feat.

"Christ. How am I supposed to get you up the steps?" he said as much to himself as to Brian, who was, to his amusement, attempting to curl his long body onto a tiny ottoman.

"Nope. Not here." he explained, pulling Brian's weight with all of his might.

"We've got to get to bed. Upstairs." he continued, further realizing just how much stronger and larger his husband was.

For a few struggling seconds he turned and he twisted.

Tried to wrap limbs, he tugged and he lifted.

He pulled Brian's arms, he dragged the man's feet.

'Not gonna happen.' he sighed in defeat.

Once again he heard the sounds of his husband's blissful slumber. Justin retreated to the small guest room to the left of the foyer. There he gathered several pillows and one heavy blanket.

Giving up worry of gifts, and their guests...

Until morning he'd push it aside.

At the moment he really just needed rest...

On the floor he lie snuggled to Brian's side.

 

Chapter End Notes: