Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

The taxi pulled up to a place they knew well, their first night they never forgot.

 

Oh Lordy the stories those walls could tell, Inside that loft on Tremont.

 

 

Justin asked the driver to keep the meter running, then hustled Brian out of the car. He needed a place to drop off his bags, before he delved further into Brian's current...condition.

 

Struggling with his large duffel bag was hard enough, only to be weighed down even more by his stumbling husband. Since their arms were interlocked, every time Brian tripped, Justin fought to remain upright.

 

"Oopsie Daisy!" Brian singsonged, then drew his lips into his mouth. He shot the blond an apologetic look who decided that such a cutesy phrase spoken from those lips was impossible to be angry with.

 

It was as equally impossible to remain focused with Brian's hand down his pants. Figuring it'd keep the brunet out of trouble for the duration of their ascent, he let his eyes close and leaned back against the wall of the elevator. Those godly fingers clumsily trailed their way past his belt.

 

"Alright Tiny Tim, let Santa slide down your chimney." Brian said in an embarrassingly terrible English accent.

 

Justin jumped a little as Brian's hand firmly gripped his erection. Over the years the man had definitely learned exactly how to touch him.

 

Feeling Justin's hard length excited Brian. "God bless us everyone." he announced to no one; then sloppily began sucking at every exposed inch of Justin's skin his mouth could reach.

 

Something rough snagged on Justin's most delicate flesh causing him to open his eyes. He removed Brian's hand for closer inspection.

 

His heart sank a little. His Husband's wedding band was missing. In it's place was a bandage.

 

"What happened to your finger? Where's your ring Brian?" the blond asked sternly, while trying to peel off the band-aid.

 

The brunet hastily yanked his finger from the other man's grip. "Nooo." he shook his head fiercely "My owie." he stated matter-of-factly, kissed his injured digit and shot Justin a look of disdain that still managed to elicit a grin from the blond.

 

"Alright. Alright." Justin conceded as the elevator delivered them to the familiar gray of the Loft's door.

 

Pulling open the door Justin nervously noticed two things.

 

1. The smell of smoke.

 

2. The incessant beeping of the smoke detector.

 

'What now?' he mentally groaned, while simultaneously praying the loft was not engulfed in flames.

 

Thick gray smoke assaulted the men instantly. Justin coughed and placed his arm over his mouth and nose.

 

To his surprise Brian appeared un-fazed.

 

Urgently the blond located the source of the smokey clouds filling his lungs. He hurriedly opened the oven door.

 

Rolling smoke spilled forth simulating the dense fog currently floating around the city.

 

Unidentifiable, scorched, something or others sat sadly on a baking sheet. Justin tossed the hot pan onto the counter, turned off the oven, thanked his lucky stars the building hadn't burnt to ash; then frantically worked to get the smoke alarm to quit it's yapping.

 

He had just completed his third propelled bounce, and managed to hit it, when Brian's soft voice withdrew his attention.

 

He watched the brunet somberly examine the charred contents of what he could presume were meant to be cookies. If Justin hadn't known better, he'd believe the other man was about to cry.

 

"Oh no." Brian breathed softly "My fucking fucking cookies." he choked, and held the items towards Justin.

 

Looking now, Justin noticed they were gingerbread men engaged in elicit sexual acts.

 

 

Burnt cookie parts and singed cookie heads,

 

Provocatively on display.

 

In X-rated poses sat these gingerbreads,

 

proudly on the tray.

 

 

"How could I have let this happen?" Brian asked on the verge of tears.

 

Justin had been about to soothe the man's guilt for nearly nuking their neighbors; when he realized Brian had not directed his question to him. Instead he'd been addressing the 'men' he was holding.

 

'Good grief.' Justin thought as he watched the confident Brian Kinney morph into a Queening out Betty Crocker.

 

Turning on the exhaust fan above the stove to alleviate the smoke, he turned to face the rest of the loft. 

 

 

Looking around, Justin was hit with relief. All else appeared tidy and snug. Upon further inspection, to his full disbelief, a large antlered reindeer was eating the rug.

 

For certain he'd figured Brian to freak, to squeal and begin cursing aloud. Though he didn't hear yelling, not one single shriek. Brian just said "No Carpet-munchers allowed."

 

 

"Uh, Brian?" Justin asked cautiously approaching the animal in their living room. "Silly question," blue eyes rolled, "but why is there a deer in here?"

 

"REIN-deer." he heard Brian correct him from the kitchen.

 

Justin glanced briefly from the animal to the brunet who was, to Justin's annoyance, pouring himself a shot of Beam. Quickly he rushed to the counter.

 

Brian, seeing his disciplinarian coming, rushed to swallow it and slammed the glass down as Justin approached. Brian smiled widely and lifted his tongue as if to say 'haha I already swallowed it.'

 

"No more liquor! Christ Brian!" Justin scolded, causing those hazel eyes to look like a wounded puppy.

 

"Listen, I need you to think really hard." he said, softening his voice and silently cursing having to address his husband like their six year old son.

 

"Really hard." Brian repeated then proceeded to grab at his crotch.

 

"Where. did. you. get. the. reindeer?" Justin asked again.

 

"From Santa's sleigh. What?" he addressed his husband's accusing stare, "He had seven more." he defended.

 

Almost absentmindedly, Brian poured another shot. Justin gave up protesting.

 

To his surprise the brunet didn't drink it. Instead, he carried it and placed it at the reindeer's feet.

 

Justin smiled inwardly and followed behind Brian to pick the glass back up. "Reindeer don't like liquor." he explained to his husband; who just shrugged and walked up into the bedroom leaving a trail of Carl's discarded clothing in his wake.

 

"Come on Justin, It's time to get your Christmas gift! I've already unwrapped it." a slurred shout escaped the room.

 

The blond watched as Brian quite literally leaped onto the bed, with so much torque and eager conviction that he slid directly across the silk sheets, and landed on the floor with a resounding thud.

 

"I am Ooooh Kaaay!" Justin heard his husband's disembodied voice announce and watched a long slender arm rise from the side of the mattress and confirm his assessment with his fingers.

 

With a groan, the blond rushed to the man on the floor.

 

Simultaneously his heart and his breath ceased to work. His cock however was putting in overtime hours.

 

Even completely drunk off of his deliciously sexy ass, a nude Brian Kinney was a sight to behold.

 

Behold. Be loved. Be near. 'Fucking perfect.'

 

As blue trailed inch by inch of precious bronze, the world fell away.

 

With a swift jerk, Brian reached up and pulled Justin on top of him.

 

Momentarily forgetting the importance or existence of anything not directly involving the two of them; Justin gave in. 'Oh how he'd missed this kiss.'

 

A kiss that could only be delivered by this man.

 

Tongues twirled and turned, tasting together.

 

Both savoring the unique flavor of forever and the bittersweet tang of love.

 

Although, at the moment, this kiss also tasted of tobacco, with a cool hint of menthol and a fuck-ton of booze. It was also singed with a tint of...'Wet dog?'

 

At the unappealing realization, Justin broke away. As his head lifted upwards, he corrected himself with a startled cry. 'Wet reindeer.'

 

This fucking furry four legged 'friend' of Brian's was apparently kinky and liked to watch. The animal's hot breath grazed Justin's face, causing him to jump backwards.

 

"Holy fuck! This thing scared the shit out of me." he announced holding his chest in an attempt to calm his racing heart.

 

He stood, pulling Brian with him. As he left the brunet lying on the bed, he walked toward the armoire.

 

The reindeer followed.

 

"Sorry Buddy, you're out of luck. This is a two man show." he explained to it, pulling out some soft fabric pants and warm shirts. He shook his head at the fact that he was conversing with an animal. 'Christ. He was cracking up.'

 

He tossed the clothing to Brian who was now sitting upright. "Put these on." he instructed, Brian complied. Save for a slight battle of wits with the left arm hole, he'd managed to emerge fully clothed. Smoothing his shirt, Brian eyed the reindeer. "Wait!" he suddenly said, startling the air.

 

"I remember something!" he blurted out proudly.

 

Justin stood staring, making the locigal assumption that Brian would continue. He didn't. "Well..." Justin prodded "What is it?" he waved his hands encouraging his husband to speak.

 

To his much exasperated dismay, Brian shrugged. "I don't remember." he answered.

 

"But..." he said loudly and raised a finger, he held his hand to his mouth in an attempt to keep the animal from 'reading' his lips. "I'm pretty sure I know this guy." he whispered and gestured towards the reindeer.

 

Not for the first time, Justin tried to envision Brian struggling to get this animal inside the loft. Try as he might, his mind would not hold onto the image. He made a mental note to call animal control, and leave the mammal outdoors.

 

He'd call anonymously of course, he could only imagine the headlines:

 

'Local man robs Santa of suit & dignity before kidnapping Rudolph on Christmas Eve!'

 

Brian's voice pulled Justin's thoughts from the imaginary paper.

 

"Maybe he ate my ring!" Brian pointed at the deer, eyes filled with suspicion. "I say we hold him hostage until he gives it back." he declared.

 

'Yuck.' Justin thought as he pictured the only way in which one could go about retrieving a digested band of platinum. Justin would almost swear that their holiday house guest was sharing his thoughts. The damn thing's eyes widened in a manner which easily conveyed disagreement with Brian's plan.

 

"We'll buy you another one." Justin promised, and eyed the reindeer once more.

 

He wasn't sure how he'd missed it before, it was wearing a collar of leaves. More specifically a cheap, plastic, holly wreath. The blond recognized the tasteless ornament but couldn't immediately place it.

 

He focused his gaze back to Brian, who in meeting his eyes, smiled crookedly.

 

As quickly as the smile had arrived, it departed. The brunet sighed deeply "Sonny Boy isn't coming." he breathed sadly. "Fucking Fog." he answered Justin's unasked question.

 

Several silent seconds passed before Brian spoke again.

 

"Woah!" he chimed in a voice that could suggest he'd just discovered the meaning of life.

 

"Sonny boy, Sunshine, Sunny with a 'U'." he chuckled to himself as he rambled. 'Son. Sun. My two sons. Suns. S-s-s."

 

Justin left the brunet to his philosophical wonder, as he carefully removed the wreath from the poor deer's neck. Holding it now, it clicked. This was the wreath from the front door of Woody's. He'd seen it many times since Thanksgiving. 'OK Woody's it is.' he decided.

 

"Let's go Oh Wise One." he instructed, helping Brian into his coat. A task more difficult than it sounded, with the man's limp limbs offering zero assistance. Finishing the next to last button, Justin felt Brian kiss the top of his head.

 

"I like you." he declared into blond hair.

 

"That's nice." Justin said simply, searching his surroundings for something he could use as a leash for Brian. 'No.' he scolded himself 'For the reindeer.'

 

 

With the deer outside, and the husband in clothes,

 

Two men entered the car.

 

Hoping to get there before it was closed,

 

The taxi rushed towards the bar.