Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

'Twas the night before Christmas and Santa was checking his list. The naughty and nice of the Pennsylvania Pitts.

At the tip top of naughty in the mediocre city, was the top scrooge himself…Mr. Brian Kinney.

You see, there wasn't a need to check the list twice…for this particular man was never on nice.

Let's take you now to see for yourself…he whose holiday spirit is lost.

No tree, no lights, no cookies, no elf…in the bland boring office of Kinnetik's lone boss.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kinney, it's just that I'm afraid your 'sex sells' approach isn't compatible with our company. We were leaning towards a more family friendly marketing campaign." The CEO of Harper's Energy Drink informed him through the phone.

Brian sighed lightly, this account would have been a huge milestone for Kinnetik, but if this company was not willing to let him be his usual brilliant self, then it was their loss. He wasn't about to produce any mainstream commercial bubble gum bullshit. A couple jogging together, holding hands, climbing a fucking mountain or some equally flimsy unrealistic nonsense.'Simply not his style.' "I understand Mr. Harper, thank you for your time." he said before quickly adding "Merry Christmas." and hung up the receiver.

Brian stretched and rolled his neck on his shoulders, 'Christ he was tense.' He began to pour his second (or fifth) glass of scotch. The best thing about December to Mr. Kinney was the expensive bottles of alcohol given to him from his high profile clients. After all, it was copious quantities of said alcohol that helped him to survive loathsome events such as Christmas shopping, Santa imposters begging for money on street corners, and holiday movies and music playing on every goddamn station.

As the familiar golden liquid began its burning descent into his body, he turned his gaze to the window. It was raining. 'Of fucking course.' It had been raining constantly for the past three days.

Occasionally accompanied by sleet and a fog almost thick enough to hide the entire dismal city of Pittsburgh. 'Such a lovely fucking day.' Brian thought, letting his mind drift to his own personal sunshine that always shined, even on the bleakest of days.

Justin had been in New York for three days now. Three days too many for his husband's liking. It had almost seemed to Brian that this consistent downpour was the city itself crying over the blond's departure. Justin had had his work showcased alongside three other artists for a Christmas Gala in New York.

Though Brian was proud of him, he still hated being separated. In truth, he had become so used to Justin's presence that he couldn't sleep on nights the blond wasn't snuggled tightly against his chest. A soon as the 'S' word met his thoughts, the brunet took another swig of scotch.

'Okay maybe there was one thing that superseded Brian's love of gifted alcohol this month; the fact that Justin was coming home tonight.'

Thoughts of sunshine parting this insufferable fog had Brian finally feeling in the Christmas spirit. A sexy image danced on the back of his closed eyelids. 'Mistletoe hanging from his cock that Justin just happened to stumble underneath.' The thought brought forth a small chuckle from his lips. He had been so lost in fantasy that he hadn't heard his assistant enter.

"What's so amusing Boss? I thought Mr. Harper rejected your ideas." Cynthia smiled.

"Fuck em', I don't need their business." he said hoping to convince his secretary, and himself.

"Uh-huh." she nodded her head a little and approached his desk. "I have messages for you." She said whilst handing her boss a stack of post it notes in the shape of Christmas trees.

"Thanks." he motioned with his hand that the blonde could exit.

The first message was from Debbie: 'You're coming to dinner tonight, no fucking excuses Kinney. Love you.'

'Christ.' he mentally declared picking up the second note.

The second was from Mikey: 'Ma's going to be calling. She says there is no way your missing fucking dinner on Christmas eve, just a head's up.'

'Christ.' he mentally declared again, picking up the last note.

The small piece of paper held enormous significance. Especially to his heart, that was being ripped apart with each word he read.

It was from Justin: 'Flight canceled due to heavy fog, trying to get another flight, may not be until the 26th, will call later, Love you.'

'The 26th?' He looked intently at the novelty shaped note as if he'd hoped staring harder would somehow make the message say what he wanted it to. Justin was going to be spending Christmas without him. A slew of four letter, not so pleasant words flooded his brain, though none spilled out from his lips.

So here he was. He had just lost a multi-million dollar account. He was being forced to attend a family dinner. And his Sunshine was stuck in another state. 'What else could go wrong?' he furiously wondered, then realized too late that you should never ask yourself that question. The fucking answer resounded loudly through the previously silent room.

Cynthia's voice buzzed in on the intercom, he jumped slightly causing the delicate amber liquid to spill down onto his tie. "Shit." he muttered as he feverishly began blotting the wet spot on his favorite piece of Armani neckwear. "What is it?" he growled.

"Well, aren't we quite the Grinch?" Cynthia's voice emitted from the box on his desk. "There's a certain bright eyed little boy asking for his Daddy on Line two." she continued then promptly dropped the line.

"Hey Sonny Boy!" he drawled, feeling genuine happiness for the first time tonight.

"Daddy!" one of Brian's favorite voice's chimed. A sudden warmth found his heart, his son's love always acted as a scarf to Brian's soul.

"You ready for Santa?" Brian asked the boy.

An over animated Gus began to flood the phone with words, causing his Daddy's ears to overflow.

"Oh boy! Am I? I've been such a good boy Daddy! Uh-huh, it's true. I'm gonna get real good presents for sure!"

A smile graced Brian's lips. Between his Mothers, Deb, and Justin, the child was in for some serious spoiling.

"I already got some gifts," the boy rambled on, excitement embracing each new word. "for Hanukkah, uh-huh I sure did. Mommy actually let me light the 'mora' all by myself. You know? Cause I'm so grown up now. And guess what else?"

Brian began to venture a guess, fairly sure the kid had definitely consumed a zillion and one candy canes; but was interrupted.

A sugar rush spilling his speech. "I got a dreidelyou know, a top. It spins. Boy Daddy it sure is so fun! Do you like playing with tops Daddy?"

The brunet let out an involuntary chuckle as he considered Gus' question. Not surprisingly his mind took it's usual place in the gutter; a familiar environment in which he'd had reserved seating since he was twelve.

His cock twitched as it recalled the handful of times he'd let Justin top him. "No, not too often Sonny Boy, but Daddy Justin really likes playing with his top." 'Christ he missed his blond.'

At least Gus was coming to Pittsburgh tonight.

"Oh, Daddy, hold on Mommy wants the phone."

Brian rushed an 'I love you' of sorts as he listened to the shuffling of the receiver in Canada.

"Brian," Lindsay's voice was soft and slightly quivering. 'Now what?' Brian thought. This was her I've got bad news voice.

"It's snowing like crazy, our flight has been delayed. Some news stations are predicting an indefinite closing of the airport."

Brian's heart fell through the floor. Well what was left of it anyway. A third of it was just on the other side of this phone call, and the rest was currently in New York.

"Oh, Linds." he practically whined. This fucking night was rapidly descending into what could very well be considered the 'Pitts' of hell.

Before he finished his unprepared temper tantrum, Lindsay spoke again.

"Relax, I promise you we will get out of here on the first available flight."

He shook his head as if she could see him and wordlessly disconnected the call.

As Brian hung up the phone he felt the tiny sliver of Christmas spirit present in his soul mere moments ago, exit his existence. Eagerly it was replaced with 'Bah-hum-bugs' of epic Scrooge like proportions.

"Fan-fucking-tastic." he told himself, and the empty office.

Glancing down he spotted Debbie's earlier message. "Ugh." he groaned. The last place he wanted to be was surrounded by the Novotny's tacky decorations and goddamn holiday cheer.

Quickly deciding on beer before cheer, he pulled on his coat and left the office. Destination: Woody's.

Several hours later...

There's a colorful home tucked away tight. On a colorful street on this very night.

In a room of that house, on the very top floor...Debbie awakened to a knock at the door.

She grumbled and mumbled, her eyes met the air.

She fumbled and bumbled her way to the stairs.

Let's sneak a peek at her mystery guest...Wait. No. We'll just let her show you the rest...

"Dammit Brian." she rasped pulling her robe closely around her neck. The winter's cold night still managed to visit her foyer, despite the house's heat.

The asshole had bailed on dinner, she should have predicted that he'd arrive now, nearing midnight. Undoubtedly, he'd be swimming in exotic scotch or cheap beer. Probably both. She expected to open the door and hear a slurred stream of excuses from the man that 'didn't do them'.

Quickly, she scanned the list of left overs in the fridge in her mind. Deciding she'd first give him crescent rolls to sop up some of the alcohol, she opened the door.

And what to her wondering eyes should appear? A sunshiny smile she treasured so dear.

Blue eyes twinkled like the street's festive lights...The boy's hot breathe puffed into the night.

With tired eyes and a tiny shiver, he looked at Deb as his lips began to quiver.

She looked into his eyes and noticed the worry, "Come in or you'll freeze." she said in a hurry.

She ushered him in and hugged the blond close, hugging this kid was what she loved most.

      

"Sunshine! What are you doing here at this hour? Brian?" Justin's worried expression transferred to her own face. "Is something wrong with Brian?" panic rising in her voice.

Justin shook the night's earlier rain from his knit hat, and gave an encore shake of his golden locks. "I was hoping he was here." he said almost in a whisper. "I knew you had your dinner tonight, my flight got delayed and I was afraid I'd miss Christmas. Thankfully the fog cleared and I thought my best bet would be to check here before I go to loft or the house. I called but he's not answering his cell or at either home." Justin's words sang in a steady breathless flow.

Not wanting to further upset the blond, she treaded lightly. "Uh, Sunshine, Brian skipped dinner. I haven't heard from him." Justin's eyes glistened with unshed tears. "Now, honey don't freak out. You know Brian, I'm sure he's home sleeping it off. Too deep in a drunken slumber to hear the phone." Deb placed a reassuring touch to Justin's cheek. 'So Brian had thought Justin wasn't coming home.' Suddenly she understood his reason for avoiding dinner. Even after all of the years she'd know this blond's effect on Brian, it never ceased to fill her with warmth.

"Let me fix you a thermos of cocoa before you ride out there." she placed a quick kiss on his pale cheek and turned towards the kitchen before he could protest. Before she even had time to remove a mug from the cabinet, a boisterous knock startled both she and Justin. Blue eyes met Deb's, both alight, certain that it was Brian stumbling around on the porch. The loud crashes did indeed confirm the alcohol theory, as did the ...singing?

"Iiiiiii saw Daddy kissssssss-ing san, san , San-ta Clauuuus." the slurred lyrics danced out of tune. Both Deb and Justin chuckled a little as Justin opened the door. His previous chuckle morphed into full blown laughter. A melodic melody of the blond being both confused and amused by the sight before him.

Glazed hazel devoured blue.

"Suuunshine! Hot damn! You're here. Right? Am I here too? I think I am." Brian nodded to himself, as his voice squeaked a little. He looked genuinely perplexed pondering the reality of their presence on the porch.

Instantly Justin glanced toward the street, relieved to find that the Corvette was no where in sight. He relaxed a little in knowing that Brian had not driven in this condition.

"Brian, get inside, it's freezing out here. What the fuck are you wearing?" Justin both ordered and inquired, smile widely in place. His blue eyes graced every inch of the man he loved more than anything in the world.

"Shhhhh!" Brian unsuccessfully took several attempts to press his finger to his lips. He lowered his voice, "I stole Santa's clothes." he explained then proceeded to burst into a childlike fit of giggles. Yes. Giggles.

Starting at the top, Justin saw that mess of chestnut hair halfway covered by a floppy Santa hat. It sat haphazardly, leaning towards his left shoulder. Next, Justin was drawn to that amazingly toned bare chest currently only graced with a pair of ill fitting suspenders. Instinctively, Justin worried about the man getting sick. The suspenders were barely managing to do their assigned task as they struggled to hold up only the bottom half of a Santa suit. It was at least five sizes too big for the brunet's trim waist. The ensemble was finished off with an extremely clunky pair of black boots.

To Justin, his husband looked both a complete disaster and goddamn adorable. He smiled inwardly as he imagined a sober Brian's face if he knew the ungodly clothes currently touching his five star body.

His luxuriously lean body that was moving towards him now in strange, unidentifiable ministrations. Giggling, Justin could only venture to guess it was the brunet's attempt at some sort of seductive dance.

Justin grabbed Brian's arm in attempt to guide him to the door. "It's fucking freezing out here." he reiterated. "Aw, I know how you can warm me up. Come here little boy, sit on Santa's lap." Brian attempted to waggle his eyebrows which was further highlighting his current lack of coordination. "Have you been naughty or nice? Oh please say naughty." he drawled, his warm breath tickling his husband's ear.

Debbie emerged and took her place on the other side of this nearly nude St. Nick. "Alright Santa, let's get your ass in the house."

To no one's surprise "Ass." was all Brian repeated in a whispered voice.

"Let's get him upstairs Sunshine, maybe a shower will sober him up."

Justin nodded and used all the strength he could muster to drag his husband to the second floor. A task that proved to be none too easy. On every step, Brian started to sit, only to pout like a child when Justin would force him to continue.

Several 'You're means' later, they reached the upstairs bedroom.

"I'll go start the shower." Deb announced then left the two alone.

Justin guided the brunet onto the mattress, who immediately began to strip off his barely there ensemble. Justin felt those familiar long slender fingers coil around his own. He met Brian's eyes, "Come on little elf, it's time you visit the North Pole." he slurred, eyeing his now very exposed, very eager erection.

"Shit Brian, you're blitzed, how are you even ready?" The man shrugged and raised his hands towards the ceiling. "It's a Christmas miracle!" he declared loudly, eliciting yet another laugh from his blond.

Justin rolled his eyes and began removing the hideous boots, then took the fuzzy red pants off the remainder of the way. "OK Kris Kringle, time to hit the showers.'' he said pulling the brunet by his arms.

"Yes Si-Si Sir." he sent the blond a mock salute then allowed himself to be led into the bathroom.

Soaps and suds and water abound, splishy splashy all around.

Justin discovered troubles a plenty... It was some kind of hard to bathe a drunk Brian Kinney.

Too many advances to distract the blond's task, Brian's hand seemingly merged with his ass.

It poked and it proded, it grabbed and it rubbed. All the while Justin continued to scrub.

Blue eyes found a mark on his bum, stitches and bruises alarming him some.

"Brian," he started "what happened?" he asked tracing his fingers with ghostlike delicacy against the wound on his husband's bottom.

A no more sober than before brunet cocked an eyebrow and turned feverishly in circles trying to catch an impossible glimpse of his own ass.

Feeling slightly nauseous he soon gave up and shrugged nonchalantly. Justin however was very much interested in learning what happened tonight.

After redressing the brunet (against vast protesting) in some of Carl's old clothes, Justin stood up and met his husband's eyes. "OK. We need to figure out what exactly you've been into tonight Mr. Kinney."

Brian nodded his head, not really hearing the blond's words. He had been far more focused on the blond's body. Most intently on that delicious ass he'd been missing for three days.

He aggressively cupped his hands firmly on the body part in question. "Time to take a sleigh ride Sunshine. Right down your snow white slopes." he grinned a grin that almost had Justin giving in. It always went straight to his cock whenever Brian's dimples punctuated his smile.

Finally getting the man back downstairs, he bid Deb a goodnight, thanked her for calling a cab, and focused his attention back to Brian. "First thing's first. Where's the car?"

"Car?" the brunet parroted as if the word were completely foreign. "Noooo Sunshine. I flew here on Santa's reindeer. Right fidigity little fucker that one. It was a buuuum-py ride" he accentuated the word.

'Christ. This was going to be a long night.' Justin concluded, bracing himself against the cold night of unanswered questions and ridiculous possibilities.

Thus into the night the cab driver drove. Into the fog they determinedly dove.

Sleuthing for answers with conviction and stealth...

One shit-faced Santa, and his blond headed elf.