Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Julian

Entering the restaurant on top of the Marriott hotel was another astonishing experience for me on this far from boring Saturday. Remembering my last visit to New York which mostly had taken place on ground level, this was the first real opportunity I had to get a good look at the skyline from the Big Apple, highlighted by the reddening sunset sky.

stories/771/images/vue-du-bar-tournant-the.jpg

As we arrived early before Myles' mother and sister, it gave us the chance to have a moment for ourselves before we had to face them. Sitting at the bar watching a family arriving at their table and being seated by the waiter, enjoying the view out of the large outside windows I felt Myles gaze on me. When we finally locked eyes, we found ourselves virtually eye fucking each other, the feeling of a hand on my thigh adding to the sensation.

Though I am not very fond of PDA, especially in a hetero world like this restaurant seemed to be I couldn´t help but lay my hand on his, feeling his heat radiating instantaneously from his into mine which was quite cold from the ice cold glass I was holding seconds before. When I saw him peering beyond my shoulder and moving his chin slightly in this direction I knew it only could mean one thing.

Without hesitation I drew him toward the men´s restroom, even the short interruption by a waiter telling us that Myles mother and sister had arrived wasn´t important enough to stop us from heading towards our destination. Nothing could, if it would be for me and so we entered the luckily empty bathroom. The last stall in the row suited us just fine and within seconds after entering, the door was closed and locked.

After teasing each other since we had arrived in New York, this wasn´t the moment to hold anything back any longer and we knew we had to do something before one of us literally exploded. I pushed Myles against the wall, placed a bruising kiss on his mouth and demanded entrance. I wasn't even aware that Myles had torn my shirt out of my pants until I shivered as I felt his warm hands roaming all over my bare back. I still had to fight with his pants; for the moment I just pushed him towards me in frustration to lock our still covered cocks in a dance of anticipation. "Christ," I muttered under my breath as I heard him moaning my name in excitement.

That´s when some men entered the restroom and started a conversation which I really didn´t have the slightest interest in following at the moment. Breathing heavily I leaned on Myles shoulder and we both tried to even out our breath to not call anybody´s attention. I cursed inwardly, put myself together again and told Myles that we better get going to not raise any suspicions with his mom or sister.

Stealing a last kiss before having to leave the stall. Finding ourselves alone again in the restroom, I rearranged my clothes again to be presentable in a more presentable fashion. It still took us some time to get "back to normal" and I think it was quite some time ago that I used to wash my hands with such intensive care. Locking eyes in the mirror didn´t really help to speed things up, but we finally managed to make the way out of the restroom, a promising "later" slipping out from both our lips.

Leaving the restroom I was somewhat startled to see an elder couple sitting at the same table the family was sitting before ('had it taken that long in the restroom' ?), and I looked a bit puzzled at Myles. "Have you never been in a revolving restaurant before?" he asked me with a cocked eyebrow and amusement sparkling from his eyes.

"Oh, Myles," I thought, all I still didn´t have the chance to do. One of which was leaving this dinner be and take him back to his 'place' was one thing I wanted to do more than anything in the world right now but coming back to his questioning gaze I had to admit, that this was the first time I had entered such a restaurant.

While walking towards the McAllister's table, though, he explained to me how it worked, helpfully explain with just a hint of amusement that the center of the room with the bar, stairs and restrooms was locked in place, whereas the part with the tables was rotating and doing a 360° turn within an hour. That way, he continued to explain to me, during our dinner we were supposed to see all major skyscrapers forming the skyline of the famous city without having to move ourselves.

This was one of a kind in New York, and once again, I could call myself happy to have an experience like that at such short notice. As I came to know more and more about Myles and his family by the hour, it was obvious there wouldn´t be anyone refusing anything they desired; "no" was apparently not a part of the McAllister's vocabulary, at least in the eyes of Myles' mother and sister. I was not so naïve that I had never heard the expression that "money talks," and that was apparently the case with this "Old Wealth Family." They were apparently one family that didn't have to even bring up money – it was just well-known that they were dripping in it.

Not that it bothered me, at the moment I couldn´t really remember seeing Myles playing the rich-boy card on campus ever before. While his family seemed to spare no expense when it came to material wealth and comfort, Myles, on the other hand, never seemed to flaunt the fact.

Reaching the table with Elizabeth and Madelaina McAllister I was happy to have taken enough time to "compose" myself again, if not I would have been blushing like a teenager under their questioning glazes.

They already started with the aperitifs so just to be on the safe side we quickly took our seats opposite them to hide whatever evidence there might be of our recent abruptly ended encounter in the restroom.

. Madelaina cocked an eyebrow at us both looking from one to the other but had the grace to not say anything for the moment. Mrs. McAllister called the waiter to our table to order our aperitifs as well and hand out the menus as I noticed with interest that it was devoid of any prices listed. I felt like having another scotch before dinner and Myles ordered the same. The waiter retreated and I had a chance to take a closer look at the menu, when I heard Myles' mother ask me: "So, Professor Parish, have you been to New York before?"

"Please call me Julian," I told her kindly "and, yes I´ve been here before, some 20 years ago."

"So it´s more than time to be back, don´t you think?" she asked with a smile on her face. I didn´t want to break the good mood that I sensed with these nice people so I didn´t mention why it had taken me so long to come back here. "Yes, you´re certainly right, Mrs. McAllister, it is," I answered, at the same moment feeling a reassuring squeeze at my thigh from Myles who was sitting at my right side. I suddenly felt relieved knowing that with this stay my haunting memories of this city might be covered with new ones I was about to experience. The waiter interrupted the somewhat awkward moment by placing our glasses on the table.

Madelaina started to discuss the items on the menu with her mother and they tried to decide on what to order. Myles' hand which still hadn´t left my thigh wandered up my leg getting uncomfortably near a very sensitive spot while he pretended to study the menu as well. I hardly could suppress a smile and forced myself to sit as still as possible on my chair, though I felt my back stiffening at the "rising" sensation my dinner companion was creating in me. As I also pretended to search for something in the menu, I heard Madelaina chuckle, earning an annoying stare from her mother. Like kids caught with their hands in the cookie jar we both took the menus in our hands and finally decided on our choices.

The dinner proceeded without any more embarrassing situations, though we both could barely restrain ourselves from touching each other and on more than one occasion as we made a pretence of asking for mundane items like the salt or pepper shaker just for the sheer joy of being able to "steal" a touch from each other.

The McAllister family or at least the part I was fortunate to learn so far turned out to be very entertaining people and time flew by, all of a sudden being it totally dark outside, the lights of the high buildings creating a whole new ambience to look at.

I learned that Madelaina was working in the family business, being a smart girl majoring in Economy in Harvard and now managing the McAllister Company together with her father. She was fluent in Spanish and German, which was important for the international operating company. They had branches in Mexico, Argentina, Spain and Germany and she explained that her duties required her to spend a great deal of time flying to the various locations of their branches; it turned out that this was what she attributed to her inability to settle down with a family or find a long-term husband or boyfriend. She mentioned she was six years younger than her brother, but I noticed she was still equally beautiful. She mentioned she had no dearth of admirers, but she had yet to be fortunate enough to find Mr. Right; for now, at least, the family business was her "life."

The food was delicious; it had been a long time since I had had such a delightful dinner with such a wonderful company. Mostly my evenings were spent with takeout, reading over files which I took home from work, or work-related meetings, so I really enjoyed this extraordinary dinner. After we all enjoyed an espresso for dessert, opting for something not quite so sweet, more like a little push up to start the evening, Mrs. McAllister hurried us to our transportation to the Majestic Theatre. We could have easily walked to the theatre as it was just two blocks away from the hotel and the restaurant, but I wasn't about to complain about being given the opportunity to ride in luxury directly to the theater's main entrance on 44th Street.

. Most of the spectators had already entered the hall and we were quickly ushered to the family´s private loge box on the second floor.

While I was holding Mrs. McAllisters chair for her to sit down, Madelaina quickly managed to wedge herself between Myles and me evoking a questioning look from my side and an elbow in her other side from her brother. She acted like she hadn´t noticed and shushed! us as the musical was about to begin…..