Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N

The disease we are talking about in this chapter is affecting one of my loved ones, so I pretty know a lot about all around it. Luckily it´s still in an early stage and despite everything not that dramatic as here in our story.

Lets cross the fingers that it stays like this for a long long time.

 

Enjoy the story!


*Flashback*

Our first night together at my home in Memphis was the beginning of a comfortable companionship between Myles and me during the last few weeks. It was hard at first meeting him on campus or in the office and not being able to just drag him towards me and smack a kiss on his desirable lips each time I saw him. 

Though we couldn´t hide the joy sparkling in our eyes every time we met somewhere officially, we managed to keep our relationship a secret to colleagues and students. After all this was Memphis and not New York and certain standards were required of being a professor at Lance University. We enjoyed our alone time as much as possible and we had established a certain routine in our lives.

I was still encountering a lot of problems with my cheerleading student, Marti. I still couldn’t believe what she had done when I had assigned her to the Travis case, which involved a challenge to the three-strikes law that applied to the commitment of a third felony and required a life sentence for the convicted man. 

He maintained he was innocent, stating he had been outsmarted in a line-up when someone had mistakenly identified him as the one who had robbed a pharmacy. Unbeknownst to me, Marti and one of my other students, Morgan, being the overeager students that they were, started to do research on their own and had discovered some discrepancies between Travis’s detention and the witness identification.

Their investigation had made some people nervous and had threatened to jeopardize my case before I even had a chance to plead for my client’s innocence. To prevent any further trouble, then, I had no choice but to take Marti off the case.

A little while later she had the nerve to throw in my face the statement that she had chosen me as her professor because of my reputation for helping the innocent and still seeing the human behind the case, not just treating it as just another case to try, but also a cause worth fighting for. So she had also resigned from my law class, being utterly disappointed in me and my behavior.

That had caught me off guard.

I was happy to have Myles over that evening to discuss with him what had happened that day. As my co-worker in the office he was also familiar with the case, so I could openly discuss with him what had occurred.

“Julian, do you still believe you are working on that case because you believe in the person’s innocence,  or just because you want to win a prominent bench case?” he asked me while he was lying with his head in my lap on the couch in my living room. We had enjoyed a delicious Thai take out earlier while I had told him about the things that had happened that same day in the university. I stroked my fingers through his hair, and before I could answer him I had to bend down and place a kiss on his lips.
“What was that for?” was all he could press out after I let him come up for air again after quite a while.
“That´s for making me think about more than just a “case” and point out to me what´s really important here,” I told him. “Myles, I am so grateful to have you here.  You can’t imagine how helpful it is to have another mind to reflect my actions and help point out the obvious. “

Myles turned himself around and straddled my lap. “Well, Counselor, there are a lot more things that I could point out to you at the moment. Why don´t I start right away,” he said smiling broadly and before I knew it my shirt was gone and he started to work on the fly of my pants. I enjoyed his treatment but when I wanted to start to unbutton his shirt and jeans, too, he took my arms and held them over my head, silencing my protest with a kiss and then starting to place feather kisses downwards from my jaw, neck and chest. After giving my nipples some extra attention he looked at me silently, questioning if he could loosen my arms and whether I would not interfere in the ministration of my body. I just nodded; there were no words necessary. Licking down my body towards my groin he managed to take off my pants and underwear at the same time so that I was completely naked by the time he reached his object of desire which of course wasn´t just lying there and waiting to be called; instead it was quite erect and looking forward to being the center of attention for the near future.

He took just the tip of my dick into his mouth and let his tongue dance over my slit. To deepen the effect he fondled my balls and looked right into my eyes at the moment I lost control and came into his mouth like a steam train on full speed. I was panting heavily; Myles totally knew how to get me into orgasms I rarely had experienced before, even by just giving me an ordinary blow job.

I pulled him up again so he was lying on my body, his head sideways on my chest, listening to my slowly lowering heartbeat.

“Something doesn´t feel right here, “I told him. He lifted his head and looked at me with questioning pools of blue.

“Somebody has definitely too many clothes on,” I told him smiling, as I took him by his hand and pulled him up of his half kneeling position in front of me.

We always enjoyed showering together when he was at my place and I was happy that I was kind of a shower addict too; I had a shower similar to the one in Myles’ penthouse in New York installed in my bathroom. Of course, it wasn‘t made from the same state of the art, extravagant material like his was, but nevertheless it was big enough for us both to fit in and have some quality time together. I took distinct pleasure in slowly peeling his clothes one by one from his admirable body, kissing every new piece of skin as soon as it was liberated from its shell. Of course this attention didn´t go by unnoticed by certain body parts of his and when he was finally naked we hurried into the shower cabin. There was no time left for lengthy foreplay; the teasing had been too much on both sides. Myles took one of the ever ready condoms nearby, looked at me, cocked an eyebrow and then trailed his finger along my spine towards my ass. When he reached my hole, I turned around to position myself against the shower wall to give him the best access to heighten our pleasure. The warm water was running down our bodies and silenced the groans that mutually left our throats. His fingers stretched me carefully before he entered me with one hard thrust. He had already discovered that I didn’t bottom very often and that I liked it to be prepared before he entered with his rather considerable dick.

While thrusting into me he reached around me between my body and the shower wall and started to stroke my dick with his gifted hand. Good thing that I had the wall to lean on, because with just a little more manipulating I would have collapsed on the floor out of sheer pleasure. We both came at nearly the same moment and when he had shot his load into the condom I was grateful for the wall’s support as he collapsed on me.  I moaned a little when he left me, but he turned me around and pulled me towards him so that we both were fully covered by the water coming out of the rain showerhead and mutually cleaned up the reminders of our previous encounter. That again led to more special care…… 

Later, sitting on the couch in terry robes, enjoying a glass of wine before bed, I patted my thighs as a signal for Myles to lie down again. I really enjoyed the togetherness that resulted from our encounters. Not many words were spoken in these moments; we just enjoyed each other’s company.

“Tomorrow I am going to tell Marti that I want to have her back on the case,” I finally said, breaking the silence after a while. “She deserves to be back.  She’s very brave fighting like she does and reminds me of my old days, “I stated.

“Mmmmh,” was the only answer I got from the half sleeping Myles with his head in my lap. I smiled down at him, still so grateful to have him in my life and share things I never thought I would share with anyone again. “Come on, sleepyhead, let´s take this over to the bed; it’ll surely be more comfortable there when you wake up in the morning.” I tried to wake him but the only answer was a light snoring from the drowsy, languid body. How a person could be so out of it from one moment to the other I´ll never understand. It was like turning out a light, just like this.


Good thing I went to the gym on a regular basis, I thought, because it wasn´t too hard for me take his slender body and carry him back to my bedroom. As I gently lay him down on the mattress, I just left his terry robe in place to not disturb his deep slumber and got comfortable beside him. It didn´t take me long to fall asleep; after all, it was an exhausting day and falling asleep with Myles at my side always made it far easier for me to relax.

The next day I had looked for Marti and found her in the law library sorting out the connections between the witnesses, victims and defendant. I told her that she was back on the case and offered her the resources of the law library and my connections to find out all that would be necessary to help our suspect. She couldn´t help but hug me out of sheer joy, which I didn´t really appreciate but I could understand.

*End flashback*

As I looked at Myles, I could imagine he was recalling his father’s visit to his apartment three weeks ago. 

Myles sat beside me on the couch, looking at Maddie with his eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights of a car. He still couldn´t say anything about the bomb Maddie had dropped a while ago. I felt him trembling and then he pressed his face in the crook of my neck. I heard him mumbling something in between sobs, but I didn´t understand anything. I left my arms around him for support and looked at Maddie who had seated herself in a chair across from the couch.

“So please, Maddie, “I looked at her questioningly, “please tell us what has happened with your father. I assure you that Myles didn´t have any idea why his father had come to see him in the penthouse, he just came and left after a few minutes without saying a word. Myles was really devastated then!” Of course I didn´t tell her about my method of pain relief that I had offered Myles after his father’s visit.

“The weekend you had spent with Myles in New York, Father had come back from Germany. He had told us it was supposed to be a business trip, but he had also used it to confirm a worsening condition of a disease called renal cysts. Turns out that he had been suffering quite a while from this disease but he never told us anything about it. The disease is inheritable and mostly caught only by coincidence. Normally it remains unnoticeable, but as you grow older the kidneys begin to fail and a dialysis or a transplant is necessary in the end.”

I noticed Myles getting rigid in my arms and looked at him. He just took my hand, squeezed it and looked at Maddie without saying a word.

“Hold on,” I said, “he´s had this condition and never said a word to you? If it’s inheritable, why hasn´t he ever mentioned it to both of so you could get tested, too?”

“Obviously you don´t know my father very well,” she answered. “He´s a very proud man and being sick doesn´t have any space on his agenda. So he carried his knowledge around for a long time without telling us. But now, as it´s nearly too late, his doctor pushed him to come forward to us. Mother and I got tested for a possible donation and we thought that Myles was going through the process here in Memphis. Father asked us not to bother him under any circumstances and that he surely would come around.”

Myles couldn´t hold back his agitation any longer. “But why, Maddie,” he muttered between sobs, “why didn´t he say anything to me! I know that he despises my lifestyle but does that mean he wouldn’t let me help him? I would have ripped a kidney out by myself to help him and you know that!”

Maddie came over to join us on the couch. She touched Myles’ shoulder and made him look at her.

“Myles, of course I know that. It´s just when I didn´t hear anything from you for the past few weeks, I was really astonished; it was so unlike you.”

I let her sit with her brother and got up to the nearby bar to fill two glasses with whiskey. I motioned the bottle towards Maddie, asking her if she would like to have one too. She nodded and I returned with the three glasses to the couch. We just emptied the glasses with one gulp and I noticed that Myles relaxed a bit more beside me, getting a grip on himself.

“Maddie, tell me, what is it we can do now to help Father? I´ll go on Monday to get tested. Or maybe I should go to the hospital right away and get tested,” he said urgently as he started to get up from the couch.

“Easy, Myles,” I held him back, “there´s no need to rush now, please.” He collapsed back on the seat and looked from Maddie to me and back. “How could Father do that to me, rejecting me in his greatest moment of need, that´s what I don´t get,” he said, taking my hand again to search for reassurance.

“Okay, guys,” I stated, “why don´t we get a good night’s sleep before we decide what to do and talk about everything tomorrow morning? Let´s talk to your parents tomorrow, too, so we can clear up any questions about what had happened and how we progress from here.” My lawyerish brain took over and both Maddie and Myles seemed to be happy with the decision.

Myles showed Maddie to her room and I saw them engaging in a long hug at the doorstep. You could really see that they had a strong bond with each other and I was pretty sure they would come out of this fate possibly harmed but stronger.

Later in bed, I had Myles lying at my side, his head comfortably resting on my bare chest. Engaging in any sort of physical activity had been out of the question after this devastating news. He had taken my hand in his and my arm was around his shoulder. I caressed his soft skin with my thumb. Incredible how this little endearment had become something natural between us and I was happy to be Myles’ rock to hold on to at the moment.

“Don´t interpret too much into your father´s action,” I whispered to him. “Tomorrow is another day and we are going to find out all about his disease and talk to him. Ok?” With this I gave him a light squeeze at his shoulder. I noticed him shuffle a bit around, lift himself up and place a kiss on my lips. We fooled around a little bit, and then he went back to his former position with his head on my chest.

“Thanks for being my lover and my friend!” he said firmly. When I took a breath to answer him he put his finger on my lips to silence me. “No more words, Julian. Let´s go to sleep. It will be a long and difficult day tomorrow.” Once more he amazed me with his ability to fall asleep quickly as I felt his body becoming limp followed soon afterward by a light snoring.

I lay awake for a while longer, letting my mind wonder over organ donations and what I possibly knew of the procedure. I had heard of the possibility of donating a kidney to a next of kin or even strangers if the blood work matched. Fortunately I hadn´t been in need of something like that and neither had any of the people I knew. All of a sudden an unfortunate realization hit me with full force. Myles was gay! Being a member of the community I had heard of gay men being deferred from donating blood or organs. Would Myles even be allowed to donate a kidney to his father even if he was a match? Or would this only widen the rift between father and son if he wasn´t allowed to donate his kidney? I squeezed Myles’ shoulder which I still had in my embrace, carefully to not wake him up.  Eventually, sleep finally overtook me and we both had a good night’s sleep. Myles’ nightmares seemed to occur only in his penthouse in New York; since we had started sharing beds every once in a while overnight at his or my place, he had slept like an angel without anything disturbing his sleep.

The next morning I woke up because someone was trailing feather light, tickling kisses upwards from my chest towards my face, and a hand was on my dick. That caused an instant smile on my face. The sun was shining through the half closed shades and warming the air. I didn´t want to open my eyes; I just wanted to enjoy the attention I was being given.

“Good morning, beautiful, open your eyes, I know you’re awake,” I heard a husky voice whisper in between kisses.

“Hmmmm,” was the only answer I was able to express. His hand around my morning stiffness felt too good to allow me to leave my state of slumber just yet. His lips finally reached mine and while we were engaged in a deep kiss, he jerked me off with his hand and as he caressed his thumb lightly over my slit. Had I mentioned that this was one of my favorite methods to wake up in the morning?

After I came, we lay back on the pillows; I was still panting quite a bit as I tried to slow down my speeding heartbeat. I lay myself sideways and rested on my elbow to look at Myles. My left index finger trailed an invisible path down his body from his jaw to his groin but I was stopped by him midway.

“No, Julian, that was just for you,” he said and placed a kiss on my bare chest where it was a comfortable place to reach without much effort. “Let´s get up and get ready to face my parents. I can hear the shower running, so Maddie must be awake already. Let´s not make her wait. We can shower together so it will be faster to get ready.”

I doubted his last statement, knowing how most of our showers ended but didn´t comment it. We both put on our briefs before leaving the bedroom; after all a woman was present….

“Good morning boys,” Maddie greeted us happily while preparing breakfast. I could already see that her skills preparing a meal outdid those of her brother; the kitchen looked far more organized than when he was doing the same favor for me. “Did you sleep well? Any special wishes for breakfast, or has the pre-breakfast protein shake been enough already?”

“Maddie!” Myles shouted, his face getting an adorable color of pink on his cheeks.

“Everything is fine with us,” I told her, saving her from Myles’ anger by taking him by the hand and leading him to the bathroom. We took a really quick shower, at least considering the time it normally took for us to shower together, and joined Maddie at the breakfast table some 20 minutes later. It all smelled so wonderful, I thought as we returned; Maddie had a talent for preparing a good meal and I was happy that the day would begin with a good foundation.  Who the hell knew what we would have to face in the next few hours?

“I gave it some thought,” Maddie stated, returning to the reason why she had come to visit us. “It would be better if we all go and take the private plane to go see Father in person. It will be easier to clear the air face to face. I don´t think calling him would help much. And anyway, you want to get tested so why not do it directly there in New York at the place where all of Father’s medical records are kept?” She looked at us both with questioning eyes. “It´s Sunday today so you are off work anyway. You could be back here tonight.”

Myles looked at me. “Would you come with me, Julian? I don´t want to go through all of it alone. I want to introduce you properly to my father and show him how important you are to me. Besides, I am afraid of him rejecting me again, though he barely is in the position to do so.”

“Of course, Myles, no way would I let you go through this alone. There´s not much I have to do today; let me make some calls to clear my schedule tomorrow and we will have at least two days to sort things out in New York. I still hadn´t told him any of my concerns regarding him being gay and possibly being refused as an organ donor. My knowledge was too minimal to really be sure of my belief, so I let it slip for the moment. I felt it was more important to reunite father and son as soon as possible and get all the necessary procedures started immediately.

After we all had cleaned up the breakfast table and stored the dishes in the dishwasher I made the calls to reschedule my appointments for the next day. Myles had been designated to do office work the entire next day, so that could easily be done some other time. So, at around 10 a.m. we left Myles’ house to head to the airport to board the private plane, which would, once again, take us to New York.