Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N if you like I suggest you listen to the following music on Youtub:

/watch?v=oZY7W7C3cJo

while reading the story as it´s a part of it.

Only if you like.


Next evening at Julian´s house

Julian´s POV

This day had been exhausting. Coming back to Memphis, I learned that my student, Marti, and the guy I had assigned to work on the case with her, Morgan, had dug deeper into the case than they were supposed to. Who had told them to investigate on their own? They had the order to help me with the case to get a new proceeding in front of the court so I could wage war against the three-strike-law used on my client that had thrown him into prison for 25 years, due to its much-too-rigid interpretation. And what had I learned coming back? They had done investigations on their own, without consulting me first, threatening my case to be lost before I even started it. Did I expect something else from a student that was studying on a scholarship for cheerleading? Honestly, no, I didn´t.

I was sitting on the somewhat worn-out sofa in my living room with a bottle of red Californian wine, sipping from the glass and letting the last weekend pass before my eyes. In the background, Keith Jarrett, one of my favorite jazz piano players, was filling the room with his wonderful music from the Koeln Concert. Had I really been to New York, just for the weekend? Riding on a private plane? Was it all real, or had I just dreamt it? Well, from the soreness in my backside I knew it had to have been all too real, but I wouldn´t have wanted to miss a thing, not one bit of it!

*Flashback*

Myles just collapsed into my arms under the shower. When I heard him mumble "I need you" I didn´t really understand what happened, I just held him strongly in my arms to give him something to hang on to. Turned out it wasn´t the only thing he needed; a deep glance into his pools of blue confirmed that when he leant back to look at me.

In a flash I remembered Greg looking at me like this shortly before his fatal accident. He had had a strong argument with his father about coming out and ruining the family´s reputation. He had been so devastated about that, as he had always admired his father as being his role model and childhood hero. To be denied by his own kin in such a harsh manner had hit him hard. The only way to calm him down had been leaving him the control he obviously craved and didn´t have over his life right then. Normally being the one in control of the situation I willingly accepted his need for me to be used as his pincushion, so to speak. In that moment again I was grateful once more to have a supportive family in my life that accepted me for who I was and let me live my life the way I wanted to!

I couldn't really imagine what Myles was going through; he had not seemed too reassured by my words spoken to him in the park. But when he started to talk about not having been with anyone as the dominant partner for years and that none had been worthy ….. it dawned on me what he really meant, and all I could say at first was "Oh!" as I begun to understand what had happened, and I as I thought of his nightmare from the night before, I realized what was happening to the man in front of me as he looked at me with those blue, pleading eyes.

Even through the running water I could tell the tears were threatening to flow and that it cost him a lot of effort not to give in. Cutting off the water and opening the shower door, I helped him get dry; he had seemed so far away from being able to take care for himself right then. It seemed that expressing his desire had totally drained him of all power. Nevertheless his body spoke volumes to me, much more than his words could have at the moment!

The hours that followed had been wonderful; I could feel Myles starting to revert back to be his old self again, gaining self-confidence by the minute. Turning around to even reassure him more of what we were doing just there and then I really had the weird feeling of "making love" and not just fuck our brains out. As Miles had thrust his dick inside me and took my body over the edge of pleasure, I was no longer able to consciously think about the difference as my body's desires began to overwhelm me.

All deliberate thinking had drained out of our bodies and we fell into a deep slumber. I think I just heard him whisper "thank you" but wasn´t sure and just tucked him tight to my body before we both temporarily left the real world.

Present Time

Thinking of that moment I was drawn out of my thoughts when my cell phone rang. Seeing who was calling, I couldn´t help the wide grin that appeared on my face. Seems that I wasn´t the only one reliving the moments in New York! "Myles!" I said happily into the phone when I pushed the button.

"How do you know it´s me?" he asked surprised.

"Hello, Earth to Myles, never heard of caller ID?" I could imagine the smile on his face and his eyes sparkling. "I miss you already," I heard him whisper over the phone.

"So, hurry!" I told him, "Drinking a bottle of red wine alone at home is kind of boring".

When we parted ways the night before, we hadn´t really talked about how our life was going to be from now on. We had experienced an incredible weekend full of excitement and lots of sex, but could we carry that adventure over to our daily life? I hadn´t pushed him any further to talk about what had happened in the shower or afterwards during our journey home, had figured it would happen if he was ready to. Being not too fond of talking about my inner feelings either, I totally understood how he must be feeling.

Five minutes later the doorbell rang and I went to answer and let Myles into my world. I wouldn´t say that I was ashamed of my home (after seeing his palace), it was comfortable, practical and had the touch of a man living alone.

I had rented the two-bedroom house without furniture as I preferred to furnish it with my own things. The walls were decorated with my own photographs I had taken when I was younger and had more leisure time to concentrate on things outside my studies and the work in the office or in court. I could say that I had an eye for the little details in my surroundings, thanks to Greg, who had taught me how to look at things to find their true beauty. I could be in a market somewhere and immediately the arrangement of fruits or colorful things to wear would catch my eye as I concentrated on getting a detailed picture of it. In addition to these photos there were memories of my travels I used to enjoy when I was younger. It was nice to fondly remember them as I looked at the photos.

The furniture wasn´t very contemporary, but it was comfortable and inviting to those visitors that came to see me; I preferred to maintain a home that was welcoming and tasteful, rather than trying to imitate a "model home" with no spirit at all. The house was well appointed with rooms spacious enough to live in; the kitchen was small but big enough to allow me to indulge in occasional meals I wanted to cook.

Myles entered without preamble and instantly sneaked his hands around my neck to place a sloppy kiss on my mouth without waiting for the door to be closed. Not releasing him I closed the door, deciding my entire neighborhood didn't need to witness our encounter. After all this was Memphis and not New York….

After we broke apart from our kiss to take a breath and avoid collapsing on the ground where we stood, due to lack of air, I took him by his hand and led him over to the couch in the living room. "What music are you listening to?" he asked. "Keith Jarrett, one of my favorites," I answered his question while encouraging him to sit down on the couch. "He is famous for his interpretations on the piano, I devour his playing and it calms me down after a hard day in the office or in class, which I had, by the way, today," I told him smiling. I went to the cupboard to retrieve another glass for him and took a seat beside him, rearranging the cushions to be more comfortable. He took his glass, swirled the wine in it a little bit and smelled the bouquet. "Smells wonderful and aromatic," he said, raising his glass and clinking our glasses together. "To being home"! He toasted, smiling.

After placing his glass back on the wooden coffee table in front of the sofa, he made a quick turn and before I knew it he placed his head in my lap as he quickly toed off his shoes and swung his legs over the armrest; I was entranced as he looked up at me with those mesmerizing, blue eyes.

"Oops" was all I could say, being surprised by the movement. That didn´t prevent me from letting my fingers run through his tousled light brown hair. He closed his eyes and together we let the music entertain us for a while. No words were necessary at the moment and I felt even more relaxed, now that he was with me, here, on the sofa, in my home. The stressful day flowed away as the soothing music surrounded us; it just felt so good! I took his hand in mine to intertwine our fingers together and caress them while my other hand continued to feather his soft hair. I let my head fall on the back of the sofa as, for the first time in a very long time, my body fell into a complete state of relaxation.