Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

The newly discovered lovers left the theater in comfortable silence. The crisp night's air brushed their flesh as they walked down Broadway euphorically wordless.

Now, as they approached the west side of Columbus Circle, their feet guided them into Central Park. Though they hadn't discussed prolonging the night with a midnight stroll, neither voice objected.

Solely Brian's body had led him while his head replayed the duet he'd just preformed with this blond. The memory of his flesh still lingered on his mind. On his fingertips. On his cock. On his heart. 'What the hell was that about?'

He could say with certainty that he had never before invested an after thought on any fuck. 'Yes. Without question, Justin Taylor was different.' In more ways than the Professor cared to acknowledge.

Asinine words like 'special' and ludicrous phrases similar to 'the one' tried to swim to the surface of his heart. Promptly, Brian drowned the bastards in a pool of logical reasoning.

He had wanted that sweet ass from the moment he'd met the man. The forbidden temptation of a tryst with a student enticed him. Then again, anything considered to be 'taboo' had always multiplied it's irresistibility for the brunet. The same was true for Justin Taylor. Hell, he'd held off on fucking him for three days. Three excruciatingly long days. By Kinney standards, that had been a delay of monumental proportions.

Usually when Brian wanted a man...he simply had him. A pesky part poking around in his insides (surely not his heart) had been clear that Justin couldn't be a one night deal.

Already, his libido was in rare form, all but begging to return to heaven right this fucking second.

In his mind he was slowly convincing himself that this was it for him and his student. In his mind he swore that he wouldn't fuck him again. In his mind he wasn't feeling feelings, he swore he'd never feel.

In his heart (that rouge son of a bitch) he fucking felt those fucking feelings. He hated the parts of himself that embraced these new emotions. Other parts had preferred his heart in pieces; had grown fond of not caring. Looking over at his night companion, his heart jumped. Justin Taylor was rapidly putting his heart's shattered pieces back together.

Uncomfortable with his own thoughts, Brian blinked once. Then again. Justifiably paranoid that his eyes would betray him, he focused them on the sky.

Immediately he noticed it looked different. In just a few hours he'd found a new appreciation for the world around him. Now that he'd viewed it from beautiful blue eyes.

Moonlight bounced from tree to tree. Seemingly following the two men as they walked. The evening's earlier light rain shower providing thousands of damp backdrops. Droplets of moisture caught the moon. The season's changing foliage brilliantly glistened with amber, garnet, ruby, and topaz. Though none were as precious as the sapphires beside him.

On it's own volition, Brian's head turned towards the blond once more. His theory still held true, he had never looked more gorgeous. The sweet distant music of the city mingled with a slowly setting autumn fog.

Feeling Brian's gaze on him, Justin's stomach tied itself into a knot of confusion.

The midnight moon caught the gold flecks of those now midnight irises. The man's eyes were nothing short of fascinating. Each time Justin met them, he was greeted with a different color. At the moment they were darker than any previous shade, and they contained a hidden twinkle underneath their surface. Not unlike the black night sky and it's stars dancing behind the city's smog. Right now, that secret sparkle was making the blond wish like hell that Brian would stop looking at him like that.

Leaving him alone after tonight was going to be hard enough; adding lust filled fuel to an already burning need could only result in everything. turning. to. ash.

Icy cold shivers still pulsated through his already cold body. Being with Brian had been something so intense, that part of Justin was still back on that stage. He'd thought he would've been able to handle the closeness. He had, though just barely.

As the night progressed, Brian's song had became increasingly beautiful. This was one of the several reasons that Justin had to end this tonight. With deep regret he'd have to let the curtain close on only act one.

He knew he himself was developing feelings he'd sworn off for the better part of a century. Worse yet, he knew that Brian's emotions were equally deepening; and that, he just couldn't allow.

As Brian Kinney further fell for him, the more tempting he'd become. Excruciatingly enticing in both sound and scent. Nothing seasoned one's blood like love.

'Yes. he'd have to make certain Brian couldn't fall in love with him.' Though not only for the inviting song or intoxicating scent that would constantly taunt the monster. But also, because Justin knew he did not deserve this amazing man's heart.

'How could he? Hell, most likely the blond himself had murdered the man's best friend.' The mere thought made the vampire ill. Sick to his stomach. Sick to the very depths of his long forgotten soul.

Justin knew that eventually his conscience would force him to confront Michael's tragedy. Inevitably, Brian would come to know the true monster he was; and in turn would inevitably grow to hate him. A sharp pang assaulted his insides at the mere thought of the horror the brunet's song would become when all was revealed.

It wasn't fair to Brian, for Justin to allow him to get emotionally invested in someone that is certain to crush his already damaged heart into a devastating dust.

He'd known from minute one that he was never going to compel Brian. A decision he was currently regretting. If only he could just make the human forget tonight. Forget their bonding. Forget the ease in which he'd finally opened up to Justin. Forget the pain he'd played at the retelling. Forget their mind blowing fuck. Forget their bodies fitting so perfectly.

Perhaps he'd just return to class tomorrow, whilst Brian remained blissfully in the dark. 'No. that would be too selfish and cruel.' He couldn't bear the thought of erasing the man's memories of this unforgettable night. A night Justin himself was sure to remember forever.

Tonight would always replay their tantalizing sex scene. Would always replay the song in Brian's heart as it sounded tonight. An eternal refrain of their beautiful duet.

He caught those magnificent eyes and held them tightly with his own. It was an entirely foreign occurrence, being with someone he wouldn't compel to tell him his thoughts. Oh, how he wondered about the thoughts brewing in that Adonis' body.

Crossing a stone bridge, Justin took in the large trees on both sides. The beautiful rose vines wrapping the trellis of the bridge like ribbons. He was grateful the flowers were still in bloom. Having not yet been extinguished by the first frost of winter.

The morphing fall leaves seemed to mock him. Their colors turning in sync with the season. In sync with the world. Whilst the vampire himself would forever remain unchanged...On the outside at least. Inside, everything was undergoing intense renovations.

Leaning over the side of the bridge, the pond glimmered in the night. Almost too brief to notice Justin's blue eyes stared back at him. 'A flicker of his reflection?' The revelation both terrified and saddened him. 'This was worse than he'd even thought. Was he already in too deep to emerge?' Refusing to ponder the probability further, Justin cleared his throat. He turned to see Brian watching him in wonder.

"What's got Sunshine in the clouds?" he asked in jest "You've been somewhere else. Am I that boring of company?" he slid his tongue to his cheek and smirked. That crooked grin that reiterated that relentless full body shiver.

Justin returned the grin with one of his own. He wrapped his arms around the brunet's waist and brought their bodies together. He looked up through golden lashes, "There's no one else I'd rather be with tonight." he confirmed truthfully with a smile that shimmied it's way through all of Brian.

When the brunet brought his own arms around Justin, the blond wished he could remain in the embrace always. Here in the warmth of the Professor's arms, he felt the world disappear. Reality seemed to melt away like sugar in the rain. With his ear pressed to Brian's chest there was only them; existing purely for one another by the light of the moon.

Feeling the beat beneath the man's chest, Justin allowed himself to pretend that all was perfect. For a fleeting moment he allowed himself to pretend to be alive. Sharing Brian's heartbeat as his own.

Without looking upwards, Justin's soft fingers lightly traced Brian's jawline. That strong jaw that somehow still managed to be so delicate.

Brian pressed his face against the bond's caressing fingers. If he could've pressed hard enough to merge their flesh, he would have.

The student trailed his touch to Brian's collarbone, he felt the brunet's pulse abruptly attempt to race the speed of light. A brisk breeze blew providing both men with an excuse for their slightly trembling forms.

Finally, Justin's fingertips found the guitar pick resting on Brian's chest. A symbol of the past that was preventing their future together.

Briefly Brian tensed but soon relaxed. Meeting blue eyes, he sighed, silently he scolded the strands of blond hair holding blue hostage. He smiled almost shyly as he gingerly swept the golden silk from Justin's face. 'Christ those fucking feelings were acting up again.'

Every passing second the Professor's heart pumped faster, he'd half expected it to literally beat through his body. Escaping his chest into the autumn evening. Free to express whatever the hell it wanted, no longer connected to his brain.

He wanted, really fucking wanted to kiss Sunshine's lips. He didn't.

Brian Kinney had never been a man of willpower or self restraint. He knew another kiss would lead to another fuck. Which would inevitably lead to more of those insufferable emotions. He dropped his gaze, hoping Justin wouldn't pick it up again.

His eyes fell with his fingers, the latter halting on the golden locket on this golden boy. "What's this?" was the only lame sentence his tongue untied.

The blond seemed to hesitate a little before answering. A ridiculous thought attacked Brian quickly, 'Was it a gift from an ex-lover? Had he been better than him?'

Not as soon as he'd have liked, the brunet disregarded the worry.

'Who was he to give a shit about this blond's previous (or hell, even his current) relationships? He'd fucked him, therefore he was done with the man, Right? Right.'

"It was my Mother's." Justin answered softly, sadly, in a shimmer of a whisper that made Brian ache a little.

Justin curled the metal pendant into his palm. The only strand holding him to humanity. Though here, now, it would appear that the strongest strand was tied directly to Brian Kinney and the feelings the man evoked.

Feelings that were currently pouring from the blond. Gushing from him with such relentless force, Justin was genuinely surprised they weren't splashing onto Brian's face. A spray of secrets and sentiments gracing the teacher with a mist of emotional moisture.

His mother had always told him that there was nothing truer than love. Justin had thought his feelings for Brandon was proof of that. Of course that had only lasted as long as the man's facade. Once his creator's deceit had been revealed; Justin learned that there was nothing truer than liars.

Yet now, here stood Brian Kinney. A walking contradiction of all of the vampire's previous beliefs. What he was feeling for the brunet by far surpassed anything he'd ever felt before. It was strong, heavy, and ruthless in it's intensity. It made the blond physically ache. Though it was with a delicious pain he was sure he'd never wanted to cure. 'Stop it.' he told himself. None of this was right.

As the warmth of Brian's embrace caressed him he sighed heavily, his blue eyes focused on the roses beside them. His inhuman strength allowed him to remove a deep red blossom from the vine with ease.

Saying nothing with his words, but speaking volumes with his smile; Justin placed the cut stem through the button hole of Brian's coat.

The brunet rolled his eyes and chuckled softly. Justin guessed in effort to portray just how cheesy a cliche' he thought the action was. Brian surely wasn't one to be wooed by moonlight with roses and giggly grins.

Justin's aforementioned grin only broadened as he listened. Though the Professor's exterior may have been protesting romance, internally, the man was enjoying every fucking bit of it.

As they descended the bridge and headed towards the exit, a chime rang free. A whimsical melody sang through the night. The source had been the park's Del Cote' Musical Clock.

"Uh-Oh." he heard Brian say in a serious tone. Justin froze. "The stroke of twelve. We better get you home Sunshine before you turn into a pumpkin." Justin relaxed. Brian smirked. "The Ball's over Cinderella." he said delivering a playful smack to Justin's ass. The blond belle rolled his eyes, shook his head, and grabbed the other man's hands.

As they settled into comfortable silence once again, Justin's mind had wandered to the tale of Cinderella that his sister had once loved. Albeit, he was in no danger of transforming into autumn vegetation, the Ball was indeed over for him. As far as fairy tales went Justin was fairly certain he had never heard the one about Prince Charming and The Vampire. This fantasy night would only go on to live happily never after.

Approaching Justin's building, both men were surprised to find their hands still interlocked. Brian wasn't worried about this public display of affection. Nor was he worried about sending the wrong message to the blond. Brian Kinney always did whatever-the-fuck he wanted. Right now he wanted to remain in constant contact with Justin's flawless porcelain skin.

Knowing full well that he would never say so, he allowed his hand to speak on his behalf.

Tonight had been incredible. Parts of himself he had sworn were laid to rest had been resurrected. Returned to life by the miracle named Justin Taylor.

Noting the night was already spilling into morning, Brian's excitement grew. Already missing the boy infront of him, he calmed the ache of absence with the promise of reuniting soon. In a few hours they would meet at the Rose Museum.

The mere thought of spending more time with the student caused Brian's body to burn. His mind sent him an image of Justin in the daylight. He could only imagine the vision sunlight on Sunshine would create.

Reaching the front of Justin's building, they paused. Unexpectedly Brian yawned. "Guess you really wore me out." he smiled through mischievous lips that Justin yearned to taste again.

'Christ. Brian needed to go.' With every passing second Justin grew closer to inviting the man inside. Into his bed. Into his body. Into his world. With phenomenal will, he resisted.

The brunet's obvious exhaustion had been a blessing in disguise for both of them.

Justin knew if he made love with Brian again he couldn't let him go.

Brian knew if he fucked Justin again he wouldn't want to leave.

"Well I guess we should call it a night." Justin fumbled nervously, silently willing the man to just go already.

"Yeah, we'll need our beauty rest for the field trip tomorrow," (he tapped his watched) "today."

'Shit, Justin had already forgotten about the museum venture.' Days ago, 'Christ was that all it had been?' he hadn't intended to go. He also hadn't intended to need an excuse for his absence at the archives. Somehow, he doubted 'I am unable to attend because I'm a bloodsucker who's skin painfully sears in the sun' would suffice.

Abruptly deciding neither to confirm or deny, 'Why ruin this perfect night?' the Vampire simply nodded.

Readying his body to bolt to the door, Justin's easy out was halted by Brian's own body. Suddenly the Professor was too damn close, too damn soon.

Hunger surged to his throat and his groin as the brisk breeze carried his scent.

Justin's mind pleaded with the teacher 'Don't. Don't steal a Kiss.' However, before his lips could mirror the plea, Justin felt Brian's lips encase his own.

The warm moisture of his tongue had Justin believing that his bones had all together vanished. He struggled to remain upright.

With the excruciating realization that this would be his last Kinney kiss; he met the man's mouth with willful aggression.

Licks and nips. Swirls and twirls.

Feverishly, Justin tried to convey the kiss of a million nights in this one singular lip lock.

Three minutes or a lifetime later, they broke apart.

Two bodies screamed in 'abandonment'. Both displaying swollen lips and sparkling eyes they stood. Staring. Eyes searching for something they couldn't describe.

There was so much to say.

No words were spoken.

With a somewhat timid smile, an awkward shift, Brian turned and left. Relishing in his newly awakened happiness with every step.

Watching Brian's retreating body Justin felt sick. He couldn't believe how utterly fucked up his life was. Even more so he couldn't believe that he was always surprised by this observation. He had been meant to die ages ago, and right now he had never wished harder for things to have gone in that direction.

Entering his building he thought of Brian's eyes, that hypnotic hazel that had almost made him feel alive again. Tonight, telling those eyes goodbye, he'd just died again.

The nausea stirred stronger.

He heard the whispered memory of his Mother's voice. 'When you find true love Justin, do whatever it takes to hold onto it. Never let it go.'

As the brunet's form grew further away, Justin weakened. He was witnessing the man walking out of his life. Subsequently, he was watching the man walk out of his heart with a rough slamming of it's door.

Justin's whole body shuddered from the vibrating quake. This was a vision he could not take. This was a mistake he would not make.

Rapidly his entire existence funneled to this small piece of earth on which he stood, at this singular second, in a lifetime of endless moments. Here, now, he made a decision ill advised or other wise. 'He wasn't going to leave Brian Kinney. Whatever the cost, he'd readily pay it ten times over.'

He'd have thought lifting the crushing weight of this situation would have calmed him. Instead, as the elevator carried Justin to the twelfth floor, his nausea only worsened. A throbbing pain found his head. In sync with the elevator doors, his body opened. Revealing a memory.

An echoed discomfort from the other night when he'd hugged Daphne. 'Yes, this felt the same. What was it?'

Pressure built as he approached his door, with trembling hands he retrieved his keys. A blinding light accompanied a burning pierce, another wave of nausea broke. For a moment, the blond was unsure if he was going to throw up or pass out, or both. The pounding in his skull intensified, as a high pitched sound assaulted his ears.

Finally working the door open, he stepped inside in a crippling slouch.

Something between a shriek and a whisper fell from his lips and greeted the air.

A now nearly completely dis-coherent blond felt soft hands grip his arms. "Justin? Justin." Daphne's panicked voice was garbled in the distance. "Are you OK?"

"Here, help me get him to the couch." she instructed Ethan. 'No, not Ethan.'

"Justin? This is my friend, not exactly how I had planned to introduce you..." Daphne always rambled when she was nervous.

As he was about to accept the other set of offered hands, Justin stopped.

Snakes of ice coiled around his heart.

"Hello Justin." a papery whisper spoke. A hauntingly familiar voice he hadn't heard in seven years. One he knew too well. One he could not trust.

His pain peaked to a state of paralysis.

Frozen, he locked eyes with those of his creator. Garnet tears painted the surface of his eyes.

A fleeting vision of Brian kissed his thoughts before he collapsed onto the floor.

Quickly he was engulfed by a darkness as black as Brandon's heart.

Several blocks away a very elated Brian Kinney entered his apartment.

He placed his coat and keys on the counter. He placed a loving (and to her, an incredibly surprising) call to Debbie who was working the night shift at the Diner.

He placed the rose from his lapel into a heavy water filled scotch glass on his beside table.

He placed himself into the comfort of his duvet.

Still wearing the smile that Sunshine had gifted him, Brian drifted into a peaceful darkness.