Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Glittering diamonds peppered the night. A flawless view of the brilliant sky stretched overhead. It's visibility from Hayden's Planetarium on 81st and Broadway effortlessly trumped the real deal outside.

Brian had used one of the endless favors he'd acquired here in the city to gain after hours access. Reichen Cole, gorgeous security guard (though hopelessly straight) had become quite a good friend to Brian. Just last year he'd even written the man's younger sister a letter of recommendation.

Brian Kinney had a plethora of colleagues, fuck buddies and acquaintances. True friends, however were quite literally counted on one hand. Reichen, Theodore, Emmy Lou the dance instructor, and Ben, a Paranormal Psychology Professor he'd once fucked, but now only looked to for friendship. Ben had always reminded him of Mikey. He just had a feeling had Michael been alive, they would have been a perfect match.

'Michael' the truest of true friends he'd ever had. And now, there was Justin Taylor. The adorable blond currently sitting both beside him in the Planetarium, and taking a permanent seat in his thoughts. 'Is that what he wanted from this kid? Friendship?' First and foremost his body craved his body, a flutter of fear found him. At the thought that perhaps that wasn't all he'd wanted. 'Could he fuck the blond then let go?' A sinking feeling pulled at his belly. 'No.' the answer was so obvious it hurt.

Brian knew it was borderline insanity to feel so drawn to someone in such a short time. But here he was, all kinds of goddamn drawn. 'Ugh.' his insides groaned.

With all of these foreign feelings screaming at him, he was going to need one hell of a translator.

He relaxed a little as he glanced now (for what very well could have been the millionth time) at the impeccable profile of the star gazer beside him. His cock instantly recognized (for what very well could have been the millionth time) the beauty of Justin Taylor.

Blue eyes glanced in his direction. Instant connection. Instant erection.

'Christ. they weren't even touching and Brian could hardly stand it.' He worried logically that if they ever were to physically connect again, would he spontaneously combust? The heat in his groin and the fire in his eyes seemed to think so.

"Thank you for this. It's amazing Prof- Brian." Justin spoke through a smile that was a least (Brian guessed) a million fucking watts.

Brian just nodded and offered a weak grin. Gratitude made him uncomfortable. He'd always just done things because he'd wanted to. Never expecting reciprocation. The smile in Sunshine's eyes was thanks enough.

Justin's eyes sparkled with a shine that had long ago dimmed. Brian Kinney was steady polishing every surface of the blond. Never before had he felt a connection to any human. Vampires didn't form bonds, ridiculous relationships with mortals. They were to be fucked, fed on and fooled with. For Justin to feel such a strong desire to just be close to Brian, was unfathomable.

A creature of the shadows longing for human companionship was unequivocally the proverbial forbidden fruit. Indeed the two men were star gazing in a garden of Eden. Forbidden temptation and hidden sin blossomed around them, whilst vines of complication strangled the room.

Bringing his eyes from hazel and back towards the pseudo heavens above, Justin sighed. A make believe heaven, the only plausible option for a fairy tale monster such as he.

Instinctively, he'd longed to reach for the stars. Longed to reach Brian's beating heart. He'd longed further still for the brunet to reach and restart his own. Somehow though, he knew, Brian was not a reacher.

Blue graced the sky, resting on one of his favorites constellations. In over a century's worth of nights' skies, Justin had practically memorized every glimmer.

Feeling the Professor's eyes on him he pointed, leading Brian's gaze "That's Cygnus. Inside it houses one of my favorites. That one (he pointed) is Orpheus." his voice sterned and Brian smiled at the student's intent interest. "He was the son of Apollo and his muse Calliope. Orpheus was a fiercely talented musician. After losing his wife, Eurydice, he closed himself off." he heard Brian's song slow and he wished (not for the first time) he could read his thoughts.

Beside him, Brian's thoughts were focused on his own crippling loss. Justin continued, "After losing the love of his life, Orpheus fell back in love with music. He warded off the love of any other woman, instead setting on a voyage with his harp, Lyra." He shot a glance to Brian who seemed lost in thought. He went on. "On their journey, they were followed by flowers and songs in the breeze. One day they arrived upon a group of women wishing for love. When Orpheus refused them all for his love of Lyra they murdered him."

Brian's heart played a dominant chord on the word. Justin wondered if that was a part of the brunet's sadness. 'Had he loved and lost?' A sense of empathy found the blond's core. He wanted to wrap the teacher into a safe embrace. Regretting the reality of the actual danger of Justin's arms, he settled instead to grab the other man's hand.

With slowly shaking fingertips and paper thin resistance, Brian allowed their fingers to intertwine. The ice of Justin's skin evenly matched the shiver tickling his spine. Here he was, Brian fucking Kinney, holding hands. A simplistic gesture full of complicated emotion. 'Why was it that this subtle contact, burned stronger than any sex he'd ever had?' He focused again on the blond's velvet voice.

"After his son's death, Apollo reached down and picked Orpheus and Lyra up and placed them into the sky." he pointed again. Brian's eyes found an exceedingly bright twinkle.

"It's a double star. Both Orpheus and Lyra are so close together, they're almost impossible to differentiate." 'Together forever.' Justin selfishly found himself wishing that Brian and he would one day belong to one another. 'No. he wasn't going to hurt him. Brian would remain unchanged. Perfect. Alive.'

Straining, the brunet could now make out two separate stars. One shone a glowing yellow, the other a brilliant blue. That fact, combined with Justin's tale had Brian feeling a kindred connection to the stars.

He too had suffered the loss of someone he'd loved more than life. He too had sought refuge in music. Healing himself one melodic note at a time. The yellow representing his own golden skin, and the blue sapphires, Justin's eyes. The undeniable closeness brewing between them, their feelings almost impossible to differentiate from the others'. Like now for instance, as Justin's stare seared Brian's soul he'd seemed to know exactly what he was feeling. Confused, content, and desperately craving Justin's taste.

Bringing his focus back to locked hands, Brian shifted nervously in his seat.

The heat surging through the Professor melted away the ice of Justin's flesh. Brian's fingers tingled. This seemingly delicate touch was in fact sizzling within his veins. He met blue eyes that were radiating static desire. The air was charged with an electric silence. Brian's voice tried to speak.

"Justin." he finally breathed. This time the name tasted strange in his mouth. Tinged with vulnerability and something he couldn't identify.

Silence morphed into moans and lustful kisses. The sounds of their dancing mouths amplified in the domed planetarium. Notes of frenzied want played fiercely through the imitation night.

Tilting his head, Justin's softly fluttering eyes caught sight of a shooting star. It's streaming course in direct accord with his surging need. Need to feel the other man inside of him. Both in the physical sense, and the desire to etch him into his bones.

He wanted all of Brian Kinney, forever bound with him. He was practically there already.

In his every thought, in his every dream, his every fantasy. Even now he could feel the man's essence crawling beneath his porcelain skin.

This kiss was disorienting to say the least. Sparks of lust shocked Justin's everything. As Brian's passion increased, so did his sweetening scent, and rapidly changing song. Positive emotions erased his blood's bitterness, and song's saddened notes. Justin had never been more grateful to have just fed a few hours before class. His primal craving though still present, had been significantly subdued.

The blond's throat ached, begging for a taste. 'No!' he scolded himself forcefully. Damn it, he had some will power. He wanted Brian to feel safe with him. More importantly he'd needed Brian to be safe with him.

His marathon of thoughts reached the finish line as the brunet broke their delicious devouring session. The Professor's heavy pants elicited a smile of victory on Justin's lips. He listened now as the brunet's tune slowed, and emerged into something new. Something he hadn't yet heard the man play...trust.

Brian hadn't known the exact moment in which the impossible had happened. Nevertheless it had. He'd lain his armor down and approached Justin without caution.

He was fairly certain he'd actually felt his heart open ever so slightly. Long forgotten trust peering through the freshly opened crack in his broken heart.

Though unsure as to what had triggered this, he was unwilling to further investigate the matter. Staring into striking sapphire, Mikey's memory invaded his mind. Before his mind or his heart could protest, his fucking mouth was pouring his pain with a gushing retelling and a flowing current of secrets he'd always tried to keep hidden.

"I lied." Brian heard his own voice declare softly. Justin stared, face free from emotion and waited. "Before," the teacher went on "when I said nothing was wrong. It wasn't true." Blue eyes softened and silently urged hazel to continue. One simple look filled to the brim with honesty and reassurance.

Brian instantly eased and for the first time in too long, talked about the night half of his heart stopped beating.

Behind every word his tongue released, another lain in wait. Rapidly leaving his lips until they became sentences. Then, too quickly for Brian's liking, those sentences had become fully, detailed, embarrassingly long paragraphs.

Though his mouth was betraying his wish to remain closed off, his fucking heart was doing something worse. The fucker was filling each word with feelings before they left his lips.

So, Brian Kinney 'Master emotion bottler' had officially uncorked the damn thing. Emotions spilled out, and Justin was the sponge absorbing them.

Everything Brian hadn't wanted to say, was exactly what came out. Every detail of Michael's death, of Michael's life, of Michael's love was now being shared with this blond.

Leaving his traitorous mouth and heart to keep talking, the Professor focused on Justin's face. 'He was nothing short of exquisite. Flawless.' The plethora of new found feelings churning his tummy forced him to look away.

A small shock startled his heart,he'd almost physically jumped. He silently cursed his eager to form tears, and sighed deeply. It was in that instant he'd realized that he hadn't talked this honestly, hadn't been completely himself with anyone before. Well, in truth he hadn't in eleven years. A fact that only succeeded in confusing the brunet further.

As he finished the details of Mikey's murder; his unshed tears blatantly disobeyed his cease and desist order. Memories rained down from hazel that were viewing the pains of the past.

Justin's swirling mind picked up speed. A tornado of worry viciously tore through his thoughts. Brian's story of loss resonated in the darkest caverns of Justin. The endless black holes in his memories. He had played in many cities under Brandon's spell. He had taken the lives of countless faceless strangers. 'Had one of those strangers been Brian's world?'

A searing blade of terror stabbed his heart, exploding in heated regret. Sharp shards of remorse pierced every part of him. 'Was it possible? No!' He couldn't allow himself to ponder this. Justin suddenly felt ill, dizzy, hollow. Eventually, he just felt numb.

As he listened to the melancholy melody in the man beside him, Justin's thoughts were relentless in their pursuit to destroy him.

Brian's words blurred together, the soft rasp of his voice grew ever distant. He watched those beautiful long fingers gingerly dance across the guitar pick around his neck. The physical prop in the memory playing in the teachers mind. He exuded so much love when he talked about Michael, Justin was almost delirious.

Justin wanted to cry, though he knew he couldn't. He wanted to hold Brian, though he knew he shouldn't.

Every emotion the Vampire had ever felt, morphed into something new. Something never before felt. Something too painful to name. 'Was it true? Had Justin himself been the composer of the brunet's sad song?'

It was all too much to bear. The blond scanned his options, quickly deciding that he should avoid it all. At least for tonight. It would be in the Professor's best interest, for Justin to leave, to invest no more time or emotion in Brian Kinney. Though he knew that made the most sense, he also knew that distancing himself from this glorious human would be too dismal to fathom.

His near painful desire to be consumed by this man took precedent over all else. He wanted nothing more in that moment than to feel Brian's heated flesh buried within him. To allow both himself and the brunet to feel passion. To feel some satisfying pleasure before the world was pulled out from under them.

Brian had opened his heart and had never sounded more beautiful. Justin's hunger for Mr. Kinney's taste, was far overshadowed by his hunger for the man's lust. 'Yes. At least for tonight, the two of them was all there would be.' Leaving the past where it belonged, he'd make certain Brian's body and mind remained in the present.

Gently he stroked the bronzed man's jawline, and brought his eyes to his own. Justin was taken aback by the sincerity he'd found there. This man was perfection personified.

The blond's longing to be with him intensified, bringing him to near paralysis.

Tonight, the world was theirs. They would perform a duet for an audience of no one...and he knew exactly the stage on which to do it.

Silently, he helped Brian out of his seat, and rushed outside to hail a cab.