Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

"What's the matter Gus?" Layla inquired worriedly.

They had been in line to ride the bumper cars for a long time, and he hadn't really been talking to her. She hated that he was ignoring her. She loved him and was planning on marrying him after they both turned six.

They weren't going to get a house though, mostly because she didn't think she had enough in her piggy bank to buy one, but also because she didn't like the idea of sharing a room with all of Gus's boy toys.

"Nothing Layla." he responded, his gaze transfixed on the colorful cars crashing into each other with an distinct boom.

"Are you scared?" she guessed.

"No," he started to protest "well, yeah a little I guess. Just nervous mostly."

She took his hand in her own, he didn't pull away. "Don't worry, it's not a big people ride. It won't be scary." she said with all the soothing reassurance of a great future wife.

He met her eyes and made his tone somber. "It's not that. It's just," he paused trying to figure out a way to explain his reservations "my daddy has tons of 'sperience ramming, you know, he practices every night."

The girl looked at him with all seriousness in her face "So?" she stated simply.

"So? He's gonna be so much faster and better than everybody in there! What if they get mad and don't let us ride cause he rams everybody and doesn't leave anybody left for anyone else to ram into?"

Layla nodded, her eyes too, now wide with wonder. 'What if Gus was right and his daddy didn't share the fun with everybody else?' That wouldn't be fair at all.

Brian heard his son's small voice say 'daddy' and glanced down. He wasn't talking to him, only about him to Layla. Deciding he wasn't needed, he lifted his head and returned his attention to the blond who was still talking about his job.

It turns out that not only was Mr. Justin sexy as all get out, he was also exceedingly smart. Brian inwardly chuckled at the presence of the stale cliché 'Beauty & Brains'.

In all seriousness he had been impressed when the man revealed he has almost completed his BA degree in Elementary Education. He was ever more so impressed that he was minoring in Art. If his classroom mural was any indication of the depths of his ability, he was nothing short of phenomenal.

Brian couldn't believe that the artist had any physical problems with his hand. He was dumbfounded when Justin had told him about some asshole jock attacking him. He wanted to feel sorry for him, but the man's face as he retold the story, very clearly stated 'I need no one's pity.'

"So what about you?" Justin asked "Gus tells me you have an important job. I hear you wear a tie and everything." He smiled. Damn near blinded, Brian let out a tiny inaudible gasp. At least he hoped it was inaudible.

"It's true I do. A pretty expensive tie at that." He stated smugly.

Judging by the teacher's blasé reaction, he quickly deduced that a proclamation of success and riches was not the way into those horrifically tacky khakis. He softened his posture.

"I own my own advertising company, 'Kinnetik'. It's a relatively new venture but it's doing pretty damn well. Actually, our next quarter's projection shows quite the substantial increase in profits." What was he doing? Talking so easily to this man like he was, what? a friend? He had enough friends, he needed fuck buddies.

"I think that's great." Justin declared genuinely.

"Good." Brian meant it. He didn't let himself pause & ponder too long as to why the hell he cared what this man's opinion of him was outside of fucking.

He probably wasn't even going to see this blue eyed treat again after tomorrow. Unless of course he had to pick up Gus, which he had already planned to avoid with earnest.

'Wow, So Mr. Kinney does have a 'casual' setting on that sex machine of his' Justin thought.

They had been waiting in line for nearly thirty five minutes, and they were undeniably the best thirty five minutes of his day thus far.

This casual conversation was incredible. Getting to know the man engulfed by the 'Predator', had sent a multitude of emotions surging through him.

He hadn't yet decide whether or not he should be bothered by the fact that he was so relaxed with this man right now. How easily his words flowed from his mouth, as long as those words had nothing to do with sex.

"I want the green one!' Gus called 'dibs' on his coveted car, then turned to gaze up at the two men standing behind him.

He rested his eyes on his teacher "You better be careful Mr. Justin, or daddy will ram you like nobody's business!" he cautioned sensibly.

 

"Where to next kiddies?" Brian asked as Justin intently studied the map on the park's brochure he held.

"Ice cream!"

"Games!"

Two insistent voices answered him simultaneously.

"Well, it looks like the games pavilion is right around the corner." Justin announced and pointed to his left.

Gus shot Layla a look of 'Ha! I win' and took off in the direction his teacher was indicating. His tiny admirer closely followed behind.

Brian could see the huge signs reading 'GAMES GAMES GAMES' just a few feet ahead of them, but his stride was halted by an adorable roadblock, Gus.

"Why'd you stop Sonny Boy?" he asked before he saw that his child was currently enthralled with something. Following his line of sight, he saw what had grabbed his attention.

It was a man sitting at an easel, drawing a young teenage couple seated in a chair before him. He had a silly cartoon drawing of himself advertising 'Caricatures by Dave!'. Christ, the man was ugly. Brian didn't think even he could put enough of a spin on him to present a more appealing campaign.

'Heeey!' he heard Gus groan in aggravation. He looked up and saw that the Dave was apologizing to his son and placing a 'Back in 30 minutes' sign on his easel.

Before Brian could open his mouth to tell the child they would get his picture drawn later, Justin spoke.

"Don't worry buddy." he addressed the child kindly and bent to make his face level with the smaller one. "I'll draw you! No problem."

Justin smiled warmly and Gus mirrored the action. Brian was almost knocked on his ass by the sincerity in his voice, and the instinctively paternal nature with which this man interacted with his son.

He internally hoped that Gus felt that way about him as well. Yes. He was definitely going to start spending more time with his little man.

Brian watched as Justin took a seat at the easel, and took ample time selecting the perfect instrument to use. He settled on what looked to Brian like a normal cheap black pen. Perhaps it was something fancier, he knew shit about art.

His son excitedly took a seat in front of his teacher and smiled brightly. He was holding more still than Brian had ever thought possible. 'Why couldn't he have been this still when I had to bring him to my office last month?' He thought. Cynthia was still bitching about the clean up. Apparently, glitter is the 'herpes of craft supplies'.

"My turn!" Layla professed.

She was already seated and Gus was running to him, sketch in hand.

"Look daddy! It's me, like a cartoon! Isn't it silly? Mr. Justin just drawed it. Just nooow! It's true. He's fast. Yeah, he's real good." He sure was an enthusiastic little shit.

It was true. He had completed the drawing in less than five minutes and it was undoubtedly better than Daves'. Then again, perhaps Brian was biased.

He allowed himself another glance at the artist. He was in such profound concentration. Nothing existed but him and the page. It was downright mesmerizing.

Brian watched those deliciously delicate fingers dance across the easel. He then saw those hands tremble slightly. Fuck. He was roughly assaulted by an unfamiliar emotion. He found himself both frustrated and grateful that he couldn't identify it.

He hadn't realized just how lost in thought he had been until Layla's sweet voice found him, and brought him back from the nagging grip of sentiment.

She was showing him her picture proudly. He smiled and told her it was beautiful, but not quite as pretty as the real thing. She giggled, and Brian couldn't help but bend down and kiss her freckle specked cheek.

"Daddy look! Mr. Justin's drawing some old people." Gus said a little too loudly and pointed.

Brian curled his lips under, silently hoping that the 'old people' hadn't heard him. "It's not polite to point at people Sonny Boy." He explained. Wow. That was very 'fatherly', he smiled inwardly. He was finally getting the hang of this.

Though he was certain Mel would disagree. He already had four missed calls from her today, and one from Lindsay. It aggravated him. He had already talked to her when they stopped for breakfast. He was perfectly capable of caring for his son alone for thirty-six hours.

He didn't want to hear their 'muncher mommy' lectures, and besides he was admittedly a little pissed at the things Gus had revealed all too candidly about their discussions concerning his lifestyle.

He made a mental note to return Lindsay's call at lunch.

He looked back at the blonde who was finishing the portrait of the elderly couple. Brian felt a shiver of derision as he thought they must have been married for forty years, at least. Stupid breeders and their illusion of love.

Christ. Justin was gorgeous. The sun was cascading in waves of light over his golden hair. Brian was thankful that he was so polite. 'Private Schooled little twat'. He had removed that fucking hat in the presence of the gray haired woman.

He made a mental note to kiss this man before lunch.

There he went again. Hopelessly LOST in thought as he starred intently at Justin. He should've packed a compass.

He jumped at little at an unexpected voice whispering into his ear.

It was the woman, "You two really are beautiful together." Two? She'd better be talking about him and Gus. "You really care about him. I know. I could see it in your eyes while you were watching him." She was gesturing gracefully towards the artist, and walked to reproach him.

What the fuck? This old broad was batty as shit. 'you really care about him' Care?

Yeah, he cared alright.

He cared how talented the blond was at giving head. He cared how much yearning he could ignite in those blue eyes with just a look. He cared how tight that delicious ass was going to feel around his cock.

Yes. Brian-fucking-Kinney was one caring son of a bitch.

Justin's insistence did nothing to persuade the woman from paying him for his work. He reluctantly took the bills from her kindly urging hands. He spun around happily on one leg towards two smiling faces.

"Shall we dare? Dessert before lunch? Who wants ice cream?" He asked beaming, waving the money in the air.

Brian seductively cocked his eyebrow at the blond and drew himself as close to him as his own lean body could achingly allow.

"Please mommy can I have dessert first?" he inquired in a childlike voice that only Mr. Kinney could make sound oh so sexy.

He placed a quick chaste kiss on Justin's jaw line, then went to the kids. Both men were feeling everything, but chaste.

Justin's mind distanced itself from the youths' declaring what flavor of the frozen treat they were going to get. His thoughts drifted once again to the 'Ice cream man' in front of him, who was currently telling the children something that had them giggling in stitches.

Yes. Who wants ice cream indeed. Justin. That's who. He fucking wanted ice cream. He fucking needed it. More than goddamn oxygen.