Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

The music is thumping, a smoke machine is on...and Brian is on the prowl. Delicious men are on display and the tall brunette needs a drink before starting the hunt.

Stopping at the bar, he comes face to face with someone he would never expect to see: Vic.

Vic comments, "Well look who it is!"

Brian frowns, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Now it's Vic's turn to frown, "I believe that’s my line."

Brian nods, "Sorry."

The older man tries again,  "Shall we take it again? What the fuck are you doing here?"

Brian looks around,  "W-w-we’re in Babylon, right?"

Vic smiles softly,  "In case you forgot, the great Writer in the Sky recently wrote me out. Permanently."

Brian laughs, trying not to panic, "Then where the fuck are we?"

"Well, let’s see. You’ve got one of two choices."

Brian glances over at the dance floor. The music has changed to “YMCA” and the dancers have undergone a transformation as well. All the hunky guys have disappeared and a bunch of old farts are cavorting about on the dance floor. Even the go-go boys have aged about 40 years. Their tighty-whities are no longer so tighty.

Disgusted, Brian states, "If this is your heaven, it must be my hell."

Vic pretends to be insulted, "What kind of an attitude is that, considering we have so much in common?"

"Like what?"

"Well, it ain’t two testicles! Turns out you’re everything you never wanted to be, kiddo! Old, diseased and imperfect. Bwahaha!"

Brian immediately awakens to a voice calling him.

The doctor continues, "Mr. Kinney. Mr. Kinney!"

Opening his eyes, Brian realizes he is lying in a hospital bed, post-surgery.

The doctor smiles, "Mr. Kinney. You’re in recovery. How do you feel?"

Brian shakes the dream away from his thoughts and answers, "I'm having a ball."

 

******************************************

"Holy shit, Daphne, come in here, quick!" Justin exclaims as he walks into the apartment carrying the mail.

"What is it?" She asks, pulling her hair back.

"They want to make a movie about Rage, can you believe it?!"

Daphne laughs, "Oh my God, really?"

Plopping on the couch, Justin reaches over to the phone, "I have to call Michael. I can't believe it..." pausing, he puts the phone down in the cradle again.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"It's Brian, isn't it," Daphne states like a fact instead of a question.

"No... well, yes...but, no...fuck. Yes." Defeated, Justin sighs. "Thinking about Rage makes me think about Brian."

"Think about what an asshole he is and call Michael." She suggests.

Forcing a smile, Justin nods and picks the phone up, "Oh, hey, I went to the library, and you wouldn't believe all the sign language books they have there! I bought a bunch of different ones... all geared for babies and toddlers, can you believe it?" He gestures to the stack of books by the door.

Daphne nods, "Pretty impressive."

Dialing, Michael answers in the second ring.

"Hey, Michael, did you check your messages?"

You mean about Brian going to Ibiza?

"What?"

Brian's in Ibiza. I can't believe he didn't take you with him. You must be so pissed at him, right?

Choking down the anger, Justin forces his voice to stay in control. "Actually, Brian and I broke up." He quickly moves the phone away from his ear before Michael's shriek can deafen him.

You guys WHAT?!

"So he's in Ibiza fucking his brains out, huh? That's great," Clearing his throat, Justin returns to the fact, "Hollywood is calling us. They want to make Rage into a movie. They want to meet on Friday. I don't know if I can make it."

What? A movie! Wait, why can't you make it?

Technically, Justin didn't need to be at Craig's until the evening, but now knowing that Brian was Ibiza made him want to avoid Michael at all costs. "It's a family thing. My schedule is tight. Besides, I just drew the pictures, Michael. It's your comic book."

It's OUR comic book, Justin. We did it together... I can't believe they want to make a movie about it. Brian is going to freak out! Wait... what happened with you guys?!

"Let me know how the meeting goes, okay? I have to go, Michael... call waiting." Quickly hanging up, Justin glances over at Daphne.

"Smooth, man. Real move," she deadpans.

"Shut up."